Internal e-mail activities are adding up

As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular
entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up.  It would be nice
in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up
into one activity.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e680e78e-7dfa-400d-b586-510f4186c3e0&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
Well i think that you can manage that kind of information using a queue.
Like all the information regarding to the Entity should be directed to a
mailbox entity@yourdomain.com
In my opinion it should be solven as a case and not like a activitie.

"Chris" wrote:

> As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular
> entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up.  It would be nice
> in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up
> into one activity.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e680e78e-7dfa-400d-b586-510f4186c3e0&dg=microsoft.public.crm
------=_NextPart_0001_C0133112

Hi Chris,

My name is Mike.  Thanks for your post!

I appreciate your suggestions and please let us know if you have any more!

Kind regards,
Mike

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We
look forward to hearing from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_C0133112

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Chris,
\par
\par My name is Mike.  Thanks for your post!
\par
\par I appreciate your suggestions and please let us know if you have any more!
\par
\par Kind regards,
\par Mike
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_C0133112--

0
mchristl

How to get rid of "where is Outlook Mail.pst"?
I've just recently bought a new laptop which came with Vista installed so I've decided to give it a go and make up my own mind about it. However, new machine, old problem of transferring files. Using a cross-over cable I've managed to transfer most of my files across and when it came to transferring my mail (I use MS Outlook 2003 from Office 2003 Pro) I decided to use the export command on my old computer to create a PST file which I called "Outlook Mail.pst". I then I transferred it to the desktop folder on the new computer and launched Outlook and told it to impo...

Excel Hyperlinks
To my hero, My hyperlinks degrade. They have the error "Reference is not valid" eventhough the hyperlink worked previously. I am creating a resource spreadsheet. To search this spreadsheet I have created a network of internal hyperlinks. The links are to different cells on the same worksheet and on other worksheets within the workbook. The hyperlinks all work fine, even after closing the file and reopening it later. For some reason, the links are "corupted?" I do not change the location of the file (the location should be irrelevent if the links are int...

Problems sending mail to Yahoo
All of a sudden, late last week, none of our users can send email to Yahoo. There are a bunch of messages queued with the error "421 4.4.2 Connection dropped." Delivery to all other domains is fine. I have checked and we are not on any blacklists. We are running Exchange 2007. I have contacted Yahoo about this, and they did get back to me, but via email, and the conversation has been going in slow motion for a few days now with no resolution. Has anybody else seen these 421 4.4.2 errors when delivering to yahoo? How did you get around it? Thanks! Could b...

disable mail outside the domain
Hi all, I'm trying to setup a configuration in wich I: Grant permission to some users, who can mail outside the internal domain and Restrict some users so that they can't mail outside the .local domain... Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance! Mark This should help http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html Nue "Mark van Gurchom" <mark@cnbit.nl> wrote in message news:44a14822$0$31637$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > Hi all, > > I'm trying to setup a configuration in wich I: > > Grant permission to some users, who can mail outside...

http mail
With OWA, we can access email via the url "serverName/exchange". Does anyone know if we can rename the virtual directory name "exchange" to something else ? I looked at the iis manager for the exchange site property, it wouldn't allow us the change the name. Any suggestions ? ...

out going mails problem
we are using outlook express and outlook as our default mail client when mails are sent from either of clients that mials are not delivered to destination. nmails are going from outbos and they are shown in sent items but they are not being sent to destination. we are using winproxy for internet sharing I verified configuration of win proxy that is also fine. SMTP service also running in proxyserver. entries of sent items are shown below To subject sent Accout Someone@abc.com something mm/dd/yy 192.168.1.26 192.168.1.26 is our proxy ...

adding disclaimer with visual basic SMTP transport event sink
following this guide: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317680 - How to add a disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic script everything seemed to be successful... "C:\ExchAddons\disclaimer>cscript smtpreg.vbs /add 1 onarrival SMTPScriptingHost CDO.SS_SMTPOnArrivalSink "mail from=*@sheffcare.co.uk" Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved. Binding Display Name Specified: SMTPScriptingHost Assigning priority (24575 in 32767) ** SUCCESS ** Registered Binding: Event Name :SMTP Transport OnSubm...

Word as e-mail message editor
I upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 on my XP system and now I am unable to select Word 2002 as my e- mail editor. The mail format option is looking for Word 2003 but it is not installed on my computer I'm stuck with the HTML option. As expected. Versions must match. You cannot use another version of Word if you want to use WordMail. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "AndyS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03d701c428c5$6da62590$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 on my XP > system and now I am unab...

Mail Routing
I have an exchange 5.5 server SP4 running on NT4. I also have an exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 server. My exchange 5.5 server is responsible for handling mail to the company.com domain. I have setup an MX record for lab.company.com to go the the new exchange 2003 server for testing. The exchange 2003 server is sending and receiving mail fine. The only problem is that the exchange 5.5 server won't send mail to it. The messages get stuck in the queue with a status of "host unreachable". Is this because company.com is part of the lab.company.com destination? ...

Internal Error
I get a "Money has encountered an Internal Error" message when I start Money. It does it twice, then goes back to my desktop. Any ideas? I have backups. Thanks. Try to start the sample.mny file - you can double click the file to launch it. Do not change it. Exit if it displays okay. If that fails too then the question is. did you change anything to your system like software or hardware? arthur == On Tue, 23 May 2006 14:41:01 -0700, William <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get a "Money has encountered an Internal Error" message when I start ...

E-mail Partial Workbook
I have sheet 1, 2 & 3 in a workbook and would like to E-Mail to a part only Sheet 2 without them seeing Sheets 1 and 3 from their e-mail. would like to do it without using *VBA* (I'm a beginner) or usin *copy, paste and giving sheet 2 a new name. -- DON ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DON S's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1288 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26731 Hi Don I have examples on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm >> would like to...

Strange behavior when installing Windows Live Mail
I saw some strange behavior when installing Windows Live Mail on one of my computers. 1. First, the installation apparently completed successfully, but with nothing on the screen that said the program was now accessible. I had to search through the directories for wlmail.exe in order to start the program. 2. It then came up in a mode of importing from Windows Mail - first the accounts, which imported successfully, then the email already downloaded. This hung overnight on importing one of the folders from a gmail IMAP account - apparantly, it needed a human response on what it...

I E 8 issues
I E 8 takes a long time to open my home page. Also,when i open my mail, the back button hangs up when i try to go back to the home page. Window freezes are common. I'm running windows XP,sp-3,McAfee anti virus along with ad-aware. These issues have surfaced since i updated from I E 6 to I E 8 weeks ago. Repoяt problems and check for solutions automatically <http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/fba7e7c3-2aec-46e4-9a32-968aa620f35b1033.mspx> I don't know if this can in some way apply in your case, Doesn't hurt to try the link <ht...

Mail merge not saving link
Hi, I'm beginning the evaluation of MSCRM 3. I did a mail merge via the Outlook client and indeed the word mail merge was put into the contacts history. Unfortunately, there is no link in the activity to the actual word document. Is there any way to link (automatically) the word document with the activity? Thanks, Cedric ...

Adding Columns #3
I have a spreadsheet with many columns, I need to add a new colum between each of the current columns, is there a quick way to do this o have i got to insert each new column individually -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39085 You can do it two steps Select every other column, Ctrl-click every other column Insert>Columns Then Ctl-select every third column Insert>Colum...

Returned e mail messages
Hi, I have posted several times but the answers that I have had have not helped me. I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2002 one Yahoo account and one with a hosting company called oneandone internet. I have followed the account setup on both accounts to the letter and can send and receive mail messages to and from anyone on my contact list. However any mail or address that is sent to me via ebay's mail forwarding system cannot be replied to either by hitting reply in outlook or by sending an original e mail to the address. I always get a returned mail/undeliverable message whi...

internal and internal domain name
Hi all My domain/exchange server are set to internaldomain.local i.e. if I create a user the user e-mail address is user@internaldomain.local . Now I want to register a domain on the internet so that my user(s) can receive/send e-mail to external. Once I register my domain externaldomain.com and have my SOA records out there with something like 10 mail.externaldomain.com IP_Address MX will the mail sent to user@externaldomain.com be delivered to user@internaldomain.local? Thanks In news:%23LmpxqW9FHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, AAFC <nospamaafc@comcast.net> ...

outlook 2000 hangs when checking mail
My husband has his outlook set up to check mail as soon as he opens it. He used it last night and everything worked fine. However, this morning at work, when he starts outlook, it starts checking for mail and hangs up. he then configured Eudora, which he was using until last week, to check for new messages, and it downloaded the messages just fine. How can he resolve this issue? His operating system is Windows 2000. Most likely the Personal Folders file (.pst file) size has become too large. This is a common occurrence. The files are supposed to hold up to 2GB, but will start causi...

what is the attribute name for this : "automatically update e-mail addresses based on email-address policy"
There is a check box above for the exchange 2007 console. What is the equivalent of the attribute name ? "EmailAddressPolicyEnabled" -- Tim. "IT STAFF" <jkklim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4E9A4E62-2028-435A-B982-0059BAA273F8@microsoft.com... > There is a check box above for the exchange 2007 console. > > What is the equivalent of the attribute name ? ...

Outlook 2003, View
In Outlook 2003 I click View | Arrange By | Current View | Define Views. In the Custom View Organizer higlight IMAP Messages, click Modify, make changes, click OK to close the 'Customize View: IMAP Messages' window, and click Apply View in the Custom View Organizer window. When I view another IMAP mail folder, I have to go through the same steps again and again. The view for all mail folders show IMAP Messages, but the set view is not taking affect. Is this a bug in Outlook 2003? I am trying to set all the IMAP mail folders to a particular view that I like to use, but it seems like...

print preview problem in windows mail
I can't see print preview of my incoming & outgoing mails... There is a mail in my inbox, how can i get to know whether it should be print in portrait or landscape mode? I am helpless, it is looking like in portrait but some text (a particular coloum) is missing on printed page nor it came on the next page. Then i printed it in landscape mode...But how can i get to know that whether it should be print in portrait or landscape mode? Unfortunately there is no print preview in Windows Mail. If it is really important to get it right the first time, copy the email = and paste...

adding mfc control to win32 app
Hi, is it possible to add mfc or atl control to win32 c++ application without recreating project? I nedd listbox with history support, so doing that in straight c++ would be hard I guess. thanks Yes, it's hard work. But, all of these situation, we can use the DLL. create the MFC dll and make Control inside of that DLL. and you can use it by LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress. -- WebSite : Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} - http://rodream.net WebMail : rodream@naver.com "Bob" wrote: > Hi, > is it possible to add mfc or atl control to win32 c++ applic...

Slow internal delivery for a few emails
Hi All Scenario is thus: Small exchange setup, 400 users across 4 servers in two sites. Lots of network memory and CPU to spare I ran a trial promodag for a couple of weeks running to look at internal delivery speed 99.6% gets delivered within 5 minutes (as expected)... It's the .4 percent that's causing trouble as it amounts to 600 emails. The max size of a message is 10MB so it's not big attachments, I don't think 600 people are using "do not send before" and don't _think_ it's anything to do with people re-syncing from being offline. So what can it b...

Activities for an Opportunity Order
Is there any way to have activities for an Order in an Opportunity rollup and appear in the Activities/History for the Opportunity? They show up for the related account, but it would be helpful to be able to see these in the related Opportunity. Thanks, -Rick M. On Apr 20, 12:10 pm, Rick M <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there any way to have activities for an Order in an Opportunity rollup and > appear in the Activities/History for the Opportunity? They show up for the > related account, but it would be helpful to be able to see these in the > related Opp...

URL Error Hitting Internal CRM
I have set up a CRM 3.0 server and all looks good... but when I try to hit the CRM intranet site that was created during the installation (http://myserver:5555) I have a problem from my XP clients. Basically when the client hits that url it goes to the site but IE then immediatly closes. When I do this as an admin from the server I get the window stating something like "crm is going to open another IE from crm and close the calling IE" I can then choose to close the existing IE and the new IE is launched into CRM. Clients get nothing and new new IE is launched. Is there s...