Integration with Outlook

We are in the process of purchasing Microsoft Dynamics CRM.  Since the
product syncs with Outlook, does this mean that I can have all my contacts in
Outlook automatically added to CRM?  If not, is there a way I can select
contacts to be added?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In CRM v3.0, you can promote Outlook contacts to CRM.  Unfortunately, you
cannot do multiple contacts at one time, and must do them individually.
This is a suggestion we are considering for a future release.

--
Jason

"Larry S." <LarryS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are in the process of purchasing Microsoft Dynamics CRM.  Since the
> product syncs with Outlook, does this mean that I can have all my contacts
> in
> Outlook automatically added to CRM?  If not, is there a way I can select
> contacts to be added?

0
Jason

Outlook exiting box hangs forever
Hello, Running Outlook 2000 on exchange 2000. If the outlook is open for couple days and when i close it, exiting box hangs forever. But, if I open and close outlook right away or within couple hours, it exits fine. Any ideas? kirit Do you have it set to synch offline folders? If yes, and you have received a lot of mail and only have it set to sync on shutdown, it will, of course, take more time after a couple of days worth of items need to be synched. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to...

images in Outlook
I have a user that sometimes get e-mails that does display images that are sent to him. They are .jpg files and sometimes they appear but most often the have a red x in a box in the upper left corner of the image box. I tried associating .jpg file with the picture and fax viewer but that didn't seem to help. He said he recently installed a full Adobe package but wasn't sure if that was when it started to happen. -- holler It could simply be that the Outlook cache is full. Try this: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/redx.asp "holler" <holler@discussio...

Outlook Live Not Synching Outlook and Hotmail
I am posting this thread (previously posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts) to both .public and .calendaring in hopes that an MVP in one or the other may offer some insight on this perplexing issue. I was using Intellisync for MSN to synch my Outlook and Hotmail contacts, calendar and tasks. After it was dropped by MSN, I tried both Outlook Connector and Outlook Live, to no avail as described in extensive detail below. Does any MVP or other Microsoft representative know whether Microsoft intends to restore true synchronization to Outlook Live, or offer any other true synchronizat...

delay sending out all emails outlook 2003
How do I permanently delay sending out all emails for 2 minutes if I realize there is an error or I forgot an attachment? Use Rules. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070508.htm http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up080508.htm#3 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...

Using VBS t o configure outlook
is it possible to create a vbs script to automatically configure outlook 2002 for user on a domain. Thanks James ...

How do I add a Web Access Account to my Outlook at home?
That sounds strange, but I'm a student at a university that has given me an Outlook Account on Web Access for the purpose of receiving school mail, mainly school-wide announcements and information from professors. However, I find the online version to be very limiting and I'm not familiar with the newer versions of Outlook (haven't had it since about 1996 or so). I need to know if I can access e-mails recieved on my Web Access account in my Outlook program at home... Also, maybe if this is possible I won't have to do that... Can I organized e-mails on Web Access? I k...

Q: Changing default Body+ font in Outlook 2007
Hi, my default font in Outlook 2007 for New Mail Message is set to Calibri (Body). How can I change it to be default Arial (Body) for New Mail Message or whole Outlook, it is same for me? I don't want to change default font to Arial (I want to change the body font). Thank you in advance, M. Hi, Tools/Options/Mail Format/Staionary and Fonts/ Personal Stationary. Hi, how do I change the +Body font from there? (at that screen I only know how to change font to Arial, but that is not what I want to do, I want the font to remain +Body, but instead of being Calibri I want it to be A...

new groups, contacts not in GAL (outlook/SBS 2003)
Hi everyone. This is driving me insane. I have an account with outlook 2003 and the "Use cached exchange" option is off. I also repeatedly press F9 to no avail. My contacts and universal dist groups that I have created on the server just do not show up. I can email them fine if I fully specify the name (ie: mydistlist@mydomain.com), but I don't see them in the GAL! I do have one lone contact that DID get in the GAL, but I haven't a clue why or what is different about it. Does it matter in the "Active Directory Users and Computers" where you create thes...

Outlook unable to connect to the incoming server POP3(exchange2k3) #2
I am trying to connect outlook at my work to my exchange server at home. OWA works great and also sending emails through outlook works, but I can not retrieve emails from exchange using the outlook client. Here are some of the variables: Exchange Server at home: Firewall Sonicwall: Pop3 on port 110 opened Exchange was setup with default settings...in other words there have been no special configurations At work: I added a new email account Server Type: POP3 (I tried the exchange option through the control panel, but that did not work) My Incoming mail server: mail.myserver.com My outgoing ...

why is outlook trying to open an executable file in locate link brower? #2
"Kyle Harmon" <kharmon3@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > In my MS Outlook 2002, every time I click on an url with-in my e-mail > outlook trys to open an executable file in the "Locate link brower". And > this only happens when I do not have a browers open. Is there a fix for > this? > > Thank You, > > Kyle Harmon > > > Navigate to your default browser's executible (iexplore.exe for Internet Explorer) and double click on it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

How to save outlook messages & contacts if I can't start my os ?
Hi, I know how to solve this problem by using outlook express, but I don't know how to do that using office outlook. I mean pc is broken and my task is to take hdd and save outlook messages and contacts somehow. Any Ideas ? thank you Vilius On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:23:00 -0800, "Vilius Mock�nas" <v_mockunas@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, >I know how to solve this problem by using outlook express, but I don't know >how to do that using office outlook. I mean pc is broken and my task is to >take hdd and save outlook messages and contacts somehow. Any Ideas ? &...

implementing S/MIME control in Outlook 2003
I want to be able to drag and drop attachments using Oulook 2003 web access. When I go to help it says that I need to implement S/MIME control. I've looked all over for instructions and can't find any help. Is there anyone who knows what I'm talking about and can help? Thanks, John ...

how do i set up view hourly basis per day in outlook journal?
i am using microsoft outlook 2003. in the journal, entries i wish to see hourly per day foramt verticallt the way we see in the outlook calendr by selecting the current view in day/week/month. How can i enable the same in jiurnal. Best regards, RK create a day/week/month view? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Printing monthly calendar in Outlook 2003
When I print a 2-page monthly calendar in Outlook 2003, it prints 1 or 2 months beyond the date range I have specified. I set 'print exactly one month', print on 2 pages. and then the dates -- the 1st and the last of the month I want. And then the printer spiots out 4 to 6 pages --- the month I want, plus two months I haven't asked for. What's happening? ...

Outlook 2010 Beta Lock ups
Just installed Office Professional 2010. Outlook keeps locking up. I can get it to start, although slow but once I click on a folder is just churns away and nothing happens. I have to then shut it down and restart it. I have a number of pst files. I have tried removing them and starting with out them but that did not solve the problem. It locks even when clicking on tasks. Not sure how to resolve it. Well, several more hours have gone by and I have been all over the internet reading forums without a clue as to what the problem is. Now, when I start Outlook I get a messa...

Outlook Coding
I have code to send emails progamtically from a module in Excel 2000 using OUtlook 2000, but now I need to have the code select 1 of 5 different email addresses and potentially a different mail server. Any ideas? --------------------------------- Set NewMail = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objmail = NewMail.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objmail .To = Email .Subject = "Quotes for " & Name .Body = emailtext .Send End With Set NewMail = Nothing Set objmail = Nothing ---------------------------------- Submitted...

Upgrading Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2002
I have the software to upgrade my Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2002, and am concerned about losing my appointments, contacts, and settings (rules, views). If I upgrade, will Outlook 2002 detect my settings before it "removes the previous version"? I'd really appreciate some help - I'm a little bored waiting for the hurricane so I'm hoping to occupy myself with this... Data is never removed with an upgrade. The connection to your data may well be lost, but can easily be reset if that's the case. You should already be backing up your Outlook regularly. The file...

Have Outlook Today display certain calendar categories
Anyone know how I could (with or without add-ins) have outlook display only certain calendar categories? I want to exclude some day-to-day calendar items from showing up and cluttering the space :) create a custom view? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/viewmenu.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ <matt.coast@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158197...

Freezing Outlook 07
Has anybody got any suggestion for this issue? No matter how 'vague' it may sound I will try (almost) anything to get this resolved. It's becoming more than a little frustrating. :) Thanks ----- Original Message ----- From: "Lee" <no@spam.com> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:40 PM Subject: Outlook freezes when replying to email > Hi all > > I am using OL 2007 under Vista Business SP1. When I first open OL if I > open > an email and attempt to reply to it, or I create a new message to send, OL > goes...

Attaching calendar from Outlook
Does anyone know of a 'simple' way to attach your calendar in Outlook (2000 & 2002) in order to email it? I know you can save as a web page, etc., but I wondered if there was a simplier way. My boss needs to do this. ...

outlook 2003 amend display as on all contacts
I would like to change the Display As entry for All Contacts . currently it shows the name and then the email address in brackets, but would prefer it to show the Name or the File As name Is there any way I can change the lot without having to manually do that?? Sue ...

Can you share a calendar using Outlook web access?
We are using Outlook Web Access only. Is there a way to share calendars? In news:AED7800B-502A-44D1-A386-5A9274753BDB@microsoft.com, betzie <betzie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We are using Outlook Web Access only. Is there a way to share > calendars? You can access a calendar (or any mailbox folder, I believe) if it's already shared - but you can't create the share/set the permissions in OWA. You might post OWA questions in microsoft.public.exchange.clients - OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook. ...

My Outlook is corrupted!
Won't open. How do I delete and redownload it or something. Not sure I have my original XP disks, if I ever did. This was opre installed on my ThinkPad. Help! Outlook isn't a download. Contact your OEM supplier if you don't have the disks. See if the following helps you already; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "callmekilo" <callmekilo@earthlink.net> wrote in message...

outlook 2003 inbox format
How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much prefer the look of Outlook 2000. Thank you View > Arrange By > Show in groups "Trng Administrator" <Trng Administrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49639DAB-7738-4951-B6AC-6A35AD2862FD@microsoft.com... > How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much > prefer the look of Outlook 2000. > > Thank you neo [mvp outlook] wrote: > View > Arrange By > Show in groups That...

Outlook 2000 #130
Incoming emails are going straight to my deleted items folder. I have junk mail and adult content rules on but they are not set to capture / look for the senders name. Is this normal and related to the inaccuracy of the junk and adult rules? ...