Integration to GP - What am I Missing?

We have implemented a CRM 3.0 integration to Great Plains.  I know for a 
fact that there are invoices and orders in GP that are not in CRM.  But when 
I use the data synchronization tool to view records that are not in CRM, the 
results show that all GP invoices & orders are in CRM . . . but I KNOW 
they're not.  What am I missing in understanding how this tool works?

-- 
Brandon
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
http://www.presentationsdirect.com 


0
Brandon
5/9/2006 7:42:56 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

3 Replies
470 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 3

Brandon,

I'm not an expert, but a couple of thoughts...

1. Are you talking about posted invoices in GP, because only the unposted 
ones go into CRM?  I really wish I could get my entire sales history into 
CRM.  Does anyone know of a way to transfer all invoices to CRM, including 
posted?

2. Did you go into the Integration Monitor to check & see if they went over 
to CRM successfully?  They may have been sent, but failed for some reason, 
and this will tell you why.

Good luck,

John

"Brandon" wrote:

> We have implemented a CRM 3.0 integration to Great Plains.  I know for a 
> fact that there are invoices and orders in GP that are not in CRM.  But when 
> I use the data synchronization tool to view records that are not in CRM, the 
> results show that all GP invoices & orders are in CRM . . . but I KNOW 
> they're not.  What am I missing in understanding how this tool works?
> 
> -- 
> Brandon
> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
5/12/2006 12:25:01 AM
I am talking about posted invoices.  Yes, I would also like to migrate all 
sales history!  That just seems like a given!

-- 
Brandon
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
http://www.presentationsdirect.com

"John P" <JohnP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:D4C09E62-BCF5-466D-921C-532A06A8537E@microsoft.com...
> Brandon,
>
> I'm not an expert, but a couple of thoughts...
>
> 1. Are you talking about posted invoices in GP, because only the unposted
> ones go into CRM?  I really wish I could get my entire sales history into
> CRM.  Does anyone know of a way to transfer all invoices to CRM, including
> posted?
>
> 2. Did you go into the Integration Monitor to check & see if they went 
> over
> to CRM successfully?  They may have been sent, but failed for some reason,
> and this will tell you why.
>
> Good luck,
>
> John
>
> "Brandon" wrote:
>
>> We have implemented a CRM 3.0 integration to Great Plains.  I know for a
>> fact that there are invoices and orders in GP that are not in CRM.  But 
>> when
>> I use the data synchronization tool to view records that are not in CRM, 
>> the
>> results show that all GP invoices & orders are in CRM . . . but I KNOW
>> they're not.  What am I missing in understanding how this tool works?
>>
>> -- 
>> Brandon
>> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
>> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
>>
>>
>> 


0
Brandon
5/12/2006 3:41:44 PM
I had a problem installing my GP_CRM Integration & I ended up using a support 
incident to do it.  It ended up being my fault, b/c I never gave inbound 
permission to the COM+.  But the MS Tech told me that there was a SQL script 
that someone made that migrated the posted invoices in CRM 1.2, but she 
didn't think it would work in 3.0 without some tweaking.  I haven't received 
it from her though.  If I do, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, does anyone have that script or know how to migrate posted 
sales transactions? 

"Brandon" wrote:

> I am talking about posted invoices.  Yes, I would also like to migrate all 
> sales history!  That just seems like a given!
> 
> -- 
> Brandon
> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
> 
> "John P" <JohnP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:D4C09E62-BCF5-466D-921C-532A06A8537E@microsoft.com...
> > Brandon,
> >
> > I'm not an expert, but a couple of thoughts...
> >
> > 1. Are you talking about posted invoices in GP, because only the unposted
> > ones go into CRM?  I really wish I could get my entire sales history into
> > CRM.  Does anyone know of a way to transfer all invoices to CRM, including
> > posted?
> >
> > 2. Did you go into the Integration Monitor to check & see if they went 
> > over
> > to CRM successfully?  They may have been sent, but failed for some reason,
> > and this will tell you why.
> >
> > Good luck,
> >
> > John
> >
> > "Brandon" wrote:
> >
> >> We have implemented a CRM 3.0 integration to Great Plains.  I know for a
> >> fact that there are invoices and orders in GP that are not in CRM.  But 
> >> when
> >> I use the data synchronization tool to view records that are not in CRM, 
> >> the
> >> results show that all GP invoices & orders are in CRM . . . but I KNOW
> >> they're not.  What am I missing in understanding how this tool works?
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Brandon
> >> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> >> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
5/12/2006 4:30:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

Business Portal
I have installed WSS/Business Portal per the BP 3.0 Installation Guide, but am having trouble connecting it to my GP company. When I go to the configure button within the BP site, I only have the option for the Phone Company, and I have been unable to find any documentation or help on getting the BP connected to my GP company. Thanks The "connection" to your GP data is made during the Business Portal install process. During installation you are asked for the GP 9 SQL server information, to create a login and then several tables are created in the DYNAMICS database to suppor...

GP, Portal, & Project Time
We have GP 8.0 and BP 2.7. We are using Project Time on the Portal to fill out timesheets. Everyone has a timesheet template set up. Our Accounting department wants me to blow away everyone's Timesheet Template and then have everyone create new templates. What tables do I need to touch, PDK00300 and/or PDK00301? Can I just clear one or both of these tables or ??? Do any other tables need to to be touched?? ------=_NextPart_0001_1809DAB8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi David, Thanks for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups!! The PDK00300 and t...

Launching Word 2000 gets MSO9.DLL missing
I have Office 2000 installed on Win XP Pro and all worked fine for a few weeks. Now I cannot launch Word/Excell/Powerpoint as I get an error of 'MSO9.DLL is missing'. Interestingly though if I double-click on a Word or Excel file it does successfully launch the Office application. I've tried putting in the Office 2k cd and choosing to repair my Office installation. This did not fix it. I also tried the option of re-installing the same software and again this didn't work. The only think I didn't try yet is uninstalling Office 2K via add/remove programs. Any ideas? Thanks...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Bad Experience with GP Purchase
When our company decided to go with Dynamics GP, Microsoft directed us to a local "partner" who would sell us the software. This partner would also be responsible for importing our existing data and customizing GP to fit our business. This was in January. We were given a completion date of no later than March 1st. It's now March 12th, and we don't even have our customers imported correctly into GP (the bill-to addresses are mixed up). At this rate, our ETA will be April 30th at the earliest (assuming all goes well from this point on). Sorry for venting, but my ...

Resource Missing error when importing Form with VBA
Hello everyone! I'm trying to import a package file created on another machine onto a couple of my servers. It's only a single modified form with VBA code, called "UM_ Payment_Entry". However, every time I try to import the package on the server, I get the error message Resource "PrintReceipt" is missing. Now, "Print Receipt" is defined in the package code....so why isn't Great Plains finding the resource? Thanks, Steven Vallarian -----------------------payment_entry.package contents---------------- <Component Name="UM_Payment_Entry&quo...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

Integration Mgr with Excel ODBC
I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM pauses for a few seconds and then closes. Same thing happens if I try using xls format. This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134. Any ideas what would be causing this to happen? Changing the spreadsheet to XLS would be a good first step. -- Charles Allen, MVP "irishjamr" wrote: > I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After > specifying the path for the source file when I click th...

Accounts missing
Using Money 2006 small business.. No accounts listed as favorites. Accounts List shows one account, Account Receivable, with 0 balance and 0 activity. Can't seem to locate any prior activity on AR or otherwise. Working from 21Mb My Money file; both quick and full repair show "no repair needed". Recent backups show same as My Money conditions. Any suggestions on returning this 21Mb data brick back into the historic business archive that it was last week? ...

Using a SQL Job to run an unattended Integration with Integration
Is there a way to run an Integration using a sql job instead of using a Windows Scheduled task. I am using SQL Optimizer so I do not need to log into Great Plains first. Lewis: Yes. You would first create a .bat file (DOS program). In this batch file, you move to the Integration Manager folder (optional), then you would use the command line called IMRun.exe located in this folder (IMRun.Exe "IntegrationName" -Refer documentation) . Once you create the batch file, you would call this batch file using a DTS package within SQL EM. Then you would schedule a SQL job to call this D...

GP module feature list
Hi everyone, Need help in finding a feature list of HR and payroll module of GP. is it available somewhere on MS site ? or any document on setup CD ? or any other way to get hold of it. Thanks & Regards Ashfaq Ali I'm not aware of a simple listing of features available from MS. There's a tool called the Accounting Library that can provide this information. You should be aware of any tool because not all answers are correct. It could be the person who answered the question did not know how to handle a requirement. But, the Accounting Library is pretty good. The web site...

CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains
The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support integration between one Great Plains company databse and an installation of CRM. Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate more than one Great Plains database to a CRM installation using the the standard CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains and Biztalk server. CRM <=> GP Integration only supports integraiton to one GP company DB. >-----Original Message----- >The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support >integration between one Great Plains company databse and an >installation of CRM....

Scheduled Integration via Integration Manager
Hi! I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can schedule integrations using integration manager. For example, my client would want to update the price list via integration manager. Is there a way for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified date and time? Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that, would be very very great. Thanks! -- Bryan Hipolito The IM user guide covers that in detail. If you don't already ...

Integration DB Size
Our integration database is growing at a very rapid pace (about 200 MB per day) ... compared to the pace that our GP & CRM databases are growing. Is there some way to "shrink" the Integration DB? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.presentationsdirect.com/paper-shredders/gbc-paper-shredders.asp...

STOCK TAKING IN GP
How to conduct physical count of stock in Great Plains inventory? Do we need to stop all transactions till such time the variances are cleared or can the users continue working while variances are being checked and cleared? Thanks for your time. A mojor point of the stock counting function is to allow people to work in Great Plains while the stock count is being taken and analyzed. One just has to be sure that the physical flow of goods is contolled to allow for a good count. Other than that; process on. "CarlG" wrote: > How to conduct physical count of stock in Grea...

Field Service for GP 9
Hello, I am installing GP 9 from scratch and can not find the install for the field service module. Normally I would expect to find it under Additional Products, but it is not listed in the version 9 cds. Because of this I am getting an error when I open GP Utilities - "Unable to get extended version information for product 919. Any ideas? Thanks, Greg Field Service is always installed by Default now and isn't listed as a separate module which is why you don't see it. I don't know what 919 is but Field Service is 949. Typo? patrick developer support -- This pos...

Re: Integration Manager Error
"6538" <lbeach@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:... > Running a JE integration and receive the following error. I have checked > the source documents and previewed and all appears fine. > > This integration cannot be run because of the following problem(s): > Source Recordset '1' not round - used for Record Source option on > collection 'Entries' > > ...

Missing Journal Entry Lines v8
We've been having a problem in v8 for the past few weeks in which journal entry lines are missing from journal entries. I believe that all v8 service packs have been applied, but I can't swear to it. The journals are coming from PM. When they arrive in G/L, the journal headers are in GL10000, but there are no associated lines in GL10001. It's not a question of data being missing in the lines, but rather there are no lines. The distributions do exist in PM in PM30600 so we are able to recover the data and create journal entries, but this is not a good situation. We have ...

Mas90 integration
I am trying to find out if RMS is compatible with Mas90 (MAS 90 is a 32-bit accounting, distribution and light manufacturing software) If the integration is possible where can i find the steps on how to set it up, or if there is a module for this where can I purchase it from? Thanks, HaikHR@gmail.com Try the Peachtree 3.0 export. It is very close. MAS had and import tool to import the file, as I remember it is and module they offer. Good luck. mt "Haik" <Haik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5028623-B547-4399-B1B3-1146BD3015B4@microsoft.com... >I ...

Bank Reconciliation Integration Problem #2
We are receiving "No Matching Transaction found for Transaction Number" warning message during a bank reconcilliation integration for the XFR type. Have checked that the transaction number is correct in CM20200, and we can clear the XFR types manually. Is this transaction type not allowed for some reason? Or is there some other reason why we get this warning? Scott Here is the response I got from MBS Developer Support: This has been logged as bug 26212: SUMMARY: When running a bank reconcilation integration if one of the transactions is a bank transfer with a type of XF...

Sharepoint Integrate with CRM
Hi all, Does Any one know virtual pc image that had integration sharepoint with crm for demo purpose available for download ? thanks to all in advance ...