Integration Questions

Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with
Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an
integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it.
0
Nathan
11/26/2003 1:33:48 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM
partner or customer

"Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message
> Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with
> Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an
> integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it.

0
John
11/26/2003 3:50:55 PM
It is much more than a "Utility", it isgoing to require a Biztalk Server and
Set of SQL procedures to migrate the initial data.   The Integration is only
available in the professional version anyway.  And if i understand your
freebee 5 user MSDN version is only a standard edition.

Thanx
Pierre Hulsebus

> We are MS Partners, not a CRM partner, we do get the crm
> for downloading from the msdn site, but no integration
> cd, is there another place for these utilities?  We
> really want to switch to this CRM but we are not going to
> unless we can get the utilities to test it out.

0
Pierre
11/26/2003 8:36:20 PM
MSDN is pro.

"Pierre Hulsebus" <pierreh@ehtc.com> wrote in message
> It is much more than a "Utility", it isgoing to require a Biztalk Server
and
> Set of SQL procedures to migrate the initial data.   The Integration is
only
> available in the professional version anyway.  And if i understand your
> freebee 5 user MSDN version is only a standard edition.
>
> Thanx
> Pierre Hulsebus
>

> "Nathan TIdd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message
> > We are MS Partners, not a CRM partner, we do get the crm
> > for downloading from the msdn site, but no integration
> > cd, is there another place for these utilities?  We
> > really want to switch to this CRM but we are not going to
> > unless we can get the utilities to test it out.

Just checked my MSDN subscription and your correct. The version of CRM is
pro and the licenses provided give you a 5 user professional suite license
meaning you get 5 licenses which have both Sales and Service modules

thanks for the correction

"J. Tennyson Einstein" <josheinstein@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> MSDN is pro.
>
> "Pierre Hulsebus" <pierreh@ehtc.com> wrote in message
> > It is much more than a "Utility", it isgoing to require a Biztalk Server
> and
> > Set of SQL procedures to migrate the initial data.   The Integration is
> only
> > available in the professional version anyway.  And if i understand your
> > freebee 5 user MSDN version is only a standard edition.
> >
> > Thanx
> > Pierre Hulsebus
> >

> > "Nathan TIdd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message
> > > We are MS Partners, not a CRM partner, we do get the crm
> > > for downloading from the msdn site, but no integration
> > > cd, is there another place for these utilities?  We
> > > really want to switch to this CRM but we are not going to
> > > unless we can get the utilities to test it out.

0
John
11/27/2003 5:15:07 AM
So how can I get this integrated then?  Aren't I supposed
to have the integration tools with the msdn subscription?

wrote in message
the crm
integration
going to

0
anonymous
12/1/2003 12:53:14 PM
You only get the required CD from Microsoft if you have purchased the
software or are a certified business solutions partner for Microsoft
CRM.  Trust me I looked high and low, MSDN didn't have it and it isn't
part of the subscription.  We finally gave up and became ceritifed
business solution partners, took the certification tests and voila, we
recieved the integration CD in the mail.  Also just for your info, the
CRM that is on MSDN is the professional version however it is missing
some functionality.  Found that out while sitting on the phone with
MSDN.

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<07ba01c3b80a$1563ed80$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> So how can I get this integrated then?  Aren't I supposed
> to have the integration tools with the msdn subscription?

0
nrjarman
12/1/2003 9:40:01 PM
Sorry, It was a guess... I got mine when we bacem authorized.  And I would
hope that would still be the case.

But who knows..   There does not seem to be a big advantage to actually
being trained on the product anymore..

"J. Tennyson Einstein" <josheinstein@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> MSDN is pro.
>
> "Pierre Hulsebus" <pierreh@ehtc.com> wrote in message
> > It is much more than a "Utility", it isgoing to require a Biztalk Server
> and
> > Set of SQL procedures to migrate the initial data.   The Integration is
> only
> > available in the professional version anyway.  And if i understand your
> > freebee 5 user MSDN version is only a standard edition.
> >
> > Thanx
> > Pierre Hulsebus
> >

> > "Nathan TIdd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message
> > > We are MS Partners, not a CRM partner, we do get the crm
> > > for downloading from the msdn site, but no integration
> > > cd, is there another place for these utilities?  We
> > > really want to switch to this CRM but we are not going to
> > > unless we can get the utilities to test it out.

0
Pierre
12/1/2003 10:13:01 PM
Nick,

Did they provide any details on the "missing some functionality"?  It seems
kinda odd to hear that as that's never been brought up before.

Matt

"Nick" <nrjarman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
You only get the required CD from Microsoft if you have purchased the
software or are a certified business solutions partner for Microsoft
CRM.  Trust me I looked high and low, MSDN didn't have it and it isn't
part of the subscription.  We finally gave up and became ceritifed
business solution partners, took the certification tests and voila, we
recieved the integration CD in the mail.  Also just for your info, the
CRM that is on MSDN is the professional version however it is missing
some functionality.  Found that out while sitting on the phone with
MSDN.

> So how can I get this integrated then?  Aren't I supposed
> to have the integration tools with the msdn subscription?

0
Matt
12/1/2003 10:49:40 PM
No they didn't fill in the details however this came right
from our account rep and I haven't had time to install
both of them and see what the differences are yet.

0
anonymous
12/1/2003 11:13:53 PM
Maybe the MSDN does not provide great plains integration or biztalk partner
edition.

We got our copy of CRM when I completed the implementation and installation
course.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@removetoX_Xyahoo.Com> wrote in message
> Nick,
>
> Did they provide any details on the "missing some functionality"?  It
seems
> kinda odd to hear that as that's never been brought up before.
>
> Matt
>
> "Nick" <nrjarman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You only get the required CD from Microsoft if you have purchased the
> software or are a certified business solutions partner for Microsoft
> CRM.  Trust me I looked high and low, MSDN didn't have it and it isn't
> part of the subscription.  We finally gave up and became ceritifed
> business solution partners, took the certification tests and voila, we
> recieved the integration CD in the mail.  Also just for your info, the
> CRM that is on MSDN is the professional version however it is missing
> some functionality.  Found that out while sitting on the phone with
> MSDN.
>
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > So how can I get this integrated then?  Aren't I supposed
> > to have the integration tools with the msdn subscription?

0
John

DLL Question #4
Hi Guys, I have a dll that used to include MFC as shared dll. I changed it to use MFC as static libs, and now the generated lib file for my dll doesn't have any exports. I am using __declspec( dllexport) in all the class declerations. Any thoughts? Thanks AliR. On Wed, 24 May 2006 15:37:44 -0500, "AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote: >Hi Guys, > >I have a dll that used to include MFC as shared dll. I changed it to use >MFC as static libs, and now the generated lib file for my dll doesn't have >any exports. I am using __declspec( dllexport) in al...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

Newbie Question, Displaying scaled measurement while drawing a lin
Hello, I'm trying to find a setting to allow Visio to show the scaled measurement as I draw a line. As I draw the line, I'd like to see the value change with line length. I'm guessing I'm not looking in the right spot. Thanks for any help! Tim On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:50:01 -0800, TheTW <TheTW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I'm trying to find a setting to allow Visio to show the scaled measurement >as I draw a line. As I draw the line, I'd like to see the value change with >line length. > >I'm guessing I'm not loo...

Data Merge Question ?
I am a very novice Access user. I work at a law firm and am trying to utilize Access to create a data base of clients, with their contact info and other things, tha will merge with the various forms we use to file with courts... is this possible? And... can two people work in the database at the same time? THanks for any help that comes my way! Judy St. John Pugmom, If they are Word documents, have a look at... http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html Yes, two people can work in a database at the same time but I strongly recommend splitting ...

dst questions sorry, alot of posts
Hi, running 2 exchange servers. Exchange 2003 sp2 (what is the build for sp2?), Event viewer has it at 7638 build. Both exchange servers are running 2003 sp1 with KB931836 patch for dst I hear of all the problems occuring with KB926666, is there a new patch for exchange??? Please help... DST is driving me crazy. Also, is there DST list, we have a few NT, 2000 Servers. I have to use the TMZedit tool. Thank you very much, Koz The only issue with 926666 (afaik) is with the Store not mounting under certain conditions in environments with more than one domains where you've u...

Header Question
I have a word document that is basically a phone listing - each paragraph is formatted as last name, first name, address, phone number. I've been asked to print it with a header on each page that has the first person's last name on the page (basically the first word of the first paragraph), the last person's last name on the page (the first word of the last paragaph), and the page number. I've asked around and was told that I'd have to import my word file into publisher to do this but I can't figure out how to do this. Can someone please help me? You need to ...

Question on XP certification
I need to have at least one Microsoft certification and thought easiest for me would be based on Windows XP. In the old days there were MCP's. I assume I need the equivalent of an MCP for Windows XP? Can anyone offer any guidance on what books to buy? The requirement says: Pass an online assessment once every two years. On MS website it shows: Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Windows XP Operating System Exam 70-271 Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Windows XP Operating System Exam 70-272 Can I just do one of these? What books?...

newbie question: read form properties from another class
Hi, I am sorry for this n00b question, but I'm stumped. I created a form application (using C#.NET Express). For now, it is a simple, singe form, that contains 1 button and 1 textbox. The button calls a method in another class. My question: how do I read the forms' textbox text from that class? My problem seems to be getting a proper reference to the form in my class. My background is VB6, where this was straightforward. I tried the following: -make the textbox public, -create a public property in the form, that returns the textbox text, -passing the form ob...

Integration Mgr with Excel ODBC
I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM pauses for a few seconds and then closes. Same thing happens if I try using xls format. This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134. Any ideas what would be causing this to happen? Changing the spreadsheet to XLS would be a good first step. -- Charles Allen, MVP "irishjamr" wrote: > I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After > specifying the path for the source file when I click th...

a Counting question
hi to all I'm sure this is easy, but I'm new to Excel. I need a function that will COUNT all the numbers in a range (B5:B1525) equal to or greater than the value in A3. (all values are positive integers) thanks in advance -- cinnie =SUMIF(B5:B1525,">" & A3) -- Jacob "cinnie" wrote: > hi to all > > I'm sure this is easy, but I'm new to Excel. > I need a function that will COUNT all the numbers in a range (B5:B1525) > equal to or greater than the value in A3. (all values are positive integers) > &g...

Using a SQL Job to run an unattended Integration with Integration
Is there a way to run an Integration using a sql job instead of using a Windows Scheduled task. I am using SQL Optimizer so I do not need to log into Great Plains first. Lewis: Yes. You would first create a .bat file (DOS program). In this batch file, you move to the Integration Manager folder (optional), then you would use the command line called IMRun.exe located in this folder (IMRun.Exe "IntegrationName" -Refer documentation) . Once you create the batch file, you would call this batch file using a DTS package within SQL EM. Then you would schedule a SQL job to call this D...

Rookie question...
How can I add 0's in front of a columb of cells with the format as numbers...? I am trying to add get all the numbers in column A to have 10 digits each. If I enter it manually, I can do it by changing the column format to "text" and then adding the 0's in front manually. However I have over 6 thousand entries here. so I am trying to find an easier way to do this. Any help would be appreshiated. Thanks. Below is an image for a visual. http://www.classiccarsintl.com/temp/image.jpg The cell format is set to "general", but setting it to "text" is the ...

CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains
The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support integration between one Great Plains company databse and an installation of CRM. Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate more than one Great Plains database to a CRM installation using the the standard CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains and Biztalk server. CRM <=> GP Integration only supports integraiton to one GP company DB. >-----Original Message----- >The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support >integration between one Great Plains company databse and an >installation of CRM....

Scheduled Integration via Integration Manager
Hi! I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can schedule integrations using integration manager. For example, my client would want to update the price list via integration manager. Is there a way for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified date and time? Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that, would be very very great. Thanks! -- Bryan Hipolito The IM user guide covers that in detail. If you don't already ...

Integration DB Size
Our integration database is growing at a very rapid pace (about 200 MB per day) ... compared to the pace that our GP & CRM databases are growing. Is there some way to "shrink" the Integration DB? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.presentationsdirect.com/paper-shredders/gbc-paper-shredders.asp...

Question on Side Notes
Forgive me if this has been asked before. Once I've closed a side note, and it's in my Unfiled Notes, is there a way to convert it back to a side note, short of cutting and pasting the contents into a new side note? Randy C. Austin wrote: > Forgive me if this has been asked before. > > Once I've closed a side note, and it's in my Unfiled Notes, is there > a way to convert it back to a side note, short of cutting and pasting > the contents into a new side note? What for? Sorry, I simply can not see what you might be after :-( :-( Rainald ...

Question about moving Name Definitions
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've noticed as a work on this file, an issue with name definitions has come up that's driving me crazy. <br><br> Here's the situation. I have sheet A with my roster, calcs, etc which works great with the name definitions for that sheet. I then want to duplicate that sheet, making sheet B, by option-click and drag within the same workbook. The sheet B is renamed by copying it, and the calcs don't work as their definitions refer to Sheet A. <br><br> If I open the the name d...

Portfolio Question??
Portfolio Problem Here is my problem; I keep track of a Stock Portfolio in a worksheet collecting data using "Import External Data" - everything works fine. Now I would like to save every successive high and be able to calculate any 20% depreciation from the high. The idea is to catch stocks that go up and then down by 20% from their high. For example, if a stock cost $10.00 and goes to $30.00 and then to $24.00 I would like to be alerted. Can this be done in Excel and how? Thank you. ...

Re: Integration Manager Error
"6538" <lbeach@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:... > Running a JE integration and receive the following error. I have checked > the source documents and previewed and all appears fine. > > This integration cannot be run because of the following problem(s): > Source Recordset '1' not round - used for Record Source option on > collection 'Entries' > > ...

School question
True or Faled The Table Template is used to automate data entry in a table. We don't typically answer school questions in these newsgroups, but even if we were going to, we generally like the question to be complete and make sense. -Scott "deborah Camp" <deborahCamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79CEB83-12AC-4B88-8146-5ACED58279A2@microsoft.com... > True or Faled The Table Template is used to automate data entry in a > table. Scott M. wrote: > > "deborah Camp" <deborahCamp@discussions.microsoft.com> w...