Integration of desktop application with MS CRM 3.0

Hi all,
I have a desktop application used for phone call recording.
Is it possible to integrate desktop application in CRM 3.0?

To integrate a web application, I need to create one more tab in the left
'Navigation Pane', on click of which the web application will open.
Is it posible to do the similar for integrating desktop application, OR do I
need to apply some other procedure for it?

Thanks in advance,
-Imran
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Expense keeping in MS CRM
Hello. I have a prospective client with a particular need. I appreciate any potential solutions, including customizations or add-on products. A sales rep makes an appointment and almost always has travel expenses related to the appointment. My prospect would like the ability to use either Outlook, or preferably CRM to track expenses associated with an appointment, and then print an expense report at the end of a week or month. Does anyone know of solutions? Any add-on? Any customizations? Thanks for your assistance, Mitch Youngerman Insyte Busines Partners myoungerman@insytebus...

CRM 3.0
Hi, The import fonction now displays HTML and Picture as available formats to choose from. There is no way of selecting CSV or TXT. thanks for helpful any comments ...

CMapStringToString class not compatible WinCE <-> desktop
My problem is that we develop a desktop application which stores data in CMapStringToString class. This file is then loaded by similar (viewer-type) application on WinCE devices. However in MFC8 CMapStringToString class is replaced by template class CMap<>. This cause the CE application to fail to load the document. Shortly: - X86 Application compiled in VS6/MFC4 serializes CMapStringToString class - Smart Device application then tries to deserialize the data to incompatible CMap<CString, CString> I have already tried following: 1. Load the class + object myself. This is fine ...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

MFC- Closing application
Hello, I have a problem within a MFC Application. I want to close this MFC Application when a event comes, but I didn't have any OnCancel member Function in this App. Is it any Function who allows me to close a MFC Application without more development? thanks St�phane You can try with PostQuitMessage(0); -- Bjarne Nielsen "Stefan Ros�" <s.rose@resa.de> skrev i en meddelelse news:eNx3s$%234DHA.1852@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I have a problem within a MFC Application. I want to close this MFC > Application when a event comes, but I didn't have any O...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

MS patches changing registry entries
Is there a way to prevent MS updates from changing a specified registry setting? For one of the text converters, we point to a specific one we install, but for some reason, MS recently has started to set that entry back to the default setting. I don't want to see that setting changed from our custom setting. FYI, we are a vendor at the site and the site is responsible for admin of their AD. We have little/no say over what can happened in their AD. So any AD solution will have to run to the Admin group get approved then go through an executive committee and the security...

picklist Synchronization in CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Hi, I have created a custom picklist in crm3.0, where VALUE of picklist are different than the Value of CRM4.0 pick list. Does it impact while Synchronization, i mean when migrating from 3.0 to 4.0? eg: Attribute Picklist3.0 One value is 1 Two value is 3 Three value is 2 Four value is 5 (HERE Value 4 is no longer, its deleted) Attribute Picklist4.0 One value is 1 Two value is 2 Three value is 3 Does is required the same order value in both version? -john I have migrated the system with custom picklist and they are migrated and appeas as they were in CRM 3.0 . /Aamir ...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

MS Word French Calculations
I have some documents which do calculations. These were prepared in MS Word 2000. The construction is Tables and fill in fields. The formulas are written to produce results. When I try to use the same in Word 2007 French Edition it gives all kinds of error messages. 1) Does French edition require formulas to be written in some different syntax? 2) In general Word 2007 uses different syntax? Thanks Nihar Mody -- Nihar Mody ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nihar Mody's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/183443.h...

Lost files #3
I use money to keep track of my expenses and income on my rental properties. I exported the files from money 1999 to money 2004, when the files showed up on my check register it did not list the properties addresses . How do I go back into money and make sure that the addresses stay posted with each check Thank You Michael C ...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

CRM an Telephone System Alcatel
Hi everyone, i have just set up a test crm server with a test alcatel omnipcx telephone system. My setup is a windows 2003 SBS with CRM small business and exchange router. How does crm contacts differ from outlook contacts? If i add a contact under the crm section it seams to add it under the outlook contact section a minute or 2 later, does the crm contacts synch with outlook contacts? and also i can get the contact to pop up when i dial from a recognised number but it saves it under the outlook contact journal and not the crm, any ideas? thanks Hello jjbrisbane, We have a Telep...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

Import CONTRACTS into CRM 1.2
Hi everyone. Anybody can tell me how can i import contracts into Microsoft CRM??? The data migration framework does not allow this! Thanks in advance and sorry for my english. Bea. You might try using Scribe Migrate's 90-day license for importing data into Microsoft CRM. Linda >-----Original Message----- >Hi everyone. > >Anybody can tell me how can i import contracts into Microsoft CRM??? >The data migration framework does not allow this! > >Thanks in advance and sorry for my english. > >Bea. > > > >. > Thanks linda, but... what's t...

MS graphics commercial use
can I use MS graphics on a label of something I am going to sell? bigoaks wrote: > can I use MS graphics on a label of something I am going to sell? Microsoft ClipArt, yes, provided the graphics are not the primary value of the product. Copyrighted graphics from Microsoft web pages, no. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Encumbrance Management #3
EM will encumber any account on a PO. It would be nice to see a feature in EM that will allow a way to exclude balance sheet accounts in the encumbering of PO's. Numerous companies do not have balance sheet budgets as the income statement accounts are usually the main focus. The work around is extremely difficult when purchasing inventory to a BS account that is not budgeted for. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

Problems with CRM e-mail
Hello, We have 3 problems: 1. We use CRM with Outlook client. Lets say that my partner makes a new contact with an e-mail address and I want to send an e-mail to this contact. How can I select this contact from the "to" button in Outlook, since it doesn't appear? Is there any workaround? 2. Whenever I send an e-mail from CRM, the receipient instead of reading my full name as sender (as it is stated in AD, and as it is shown whenever I send an e-mail from Outlook), he reads my full e-mail address (myname@company.gr). How can I change this and send with my full AD name? 3. Is t...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

BCM Office Addin application version does not match
I just loaded Windows 7 (clean install) and reinstalled Office 2007 Professional. I've loaded all the updates (SP2). When I open Word it tells me "BCM Office Addin application version does not match". Could this have something to do with having loaded my old (and unsupported) version of Acrobat 7 Professional? Could it refer to something else? How can I get rid of this message? Do you have Business Contact Manager for Outlook installed? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook vers...

Going offline in CRM 04-23-04
Hi there!! What security right are you suppose to have when you are offline in CRM for Outlook. Because when I go offline it works fine but it does not allow me to acces any of the data(contacts, leads, etc). on my local machine. But when I go online again it allows me to acces data on the server. What am I doing wrong??? Jan A possible cause could be that when you installed Sales for Outlook you were not logged into the domain you were only looged into the local machine. This means that when you perform the first synchronisation no data is taken into the MSDE database. ...

CRM address book in Outlook

GHOST Item within RMS 1.3
Hi All, I am new to this newsgroup. Your insights will be appreciated. We currently have 3 registers and one server runing RMS 1.3. we also export the database to external machine which has a 3rd party application which is the middleware. The middleware acts as the interface to the webserver and uploads the data to the web server. When I pull the inventory from the RMS into Middleware application, i see items that are NOT even in the RMS. Within RMS, i have checked the inactive items as well and the item is just no where to be found. The item being shown is really a duplicate item with...

Integration Mgr with Excel ODBC
I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM pauses for a few seconds and then closes. Same thing happens if I try using xls format. This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134. Any ideas what would be causing this to happen? Changing the spreadsheet to XLS would be a good first step. -- Charles Allen, MVP "irishjamr" wrote: > I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After > specifying the path for the source file when I click th...

Using a SQL Job to run an unattended Integration with Integration
Is there a way to run an Integration using a sql job instead of using a Windows Scheduled task. I am using SQL Optimizer so I do not need to log into Great Plains first. Lewis: Yes. You would first create a .bat file (DOS program). In this batch file, you move to the Integration Manager folder (optional), then you would use the command line called IMRun.exe located in this folder (IMRun.Exe "IntegrationName" -Refer documentation) . Once you create the batch file, you would call this batch file using a DTS package within SQL EM. Then you would schedule a SQL job to call this D...