Integrate PDA with Microsoft CRM

Hi,
Can accounts and contacts be download from CRM to PDA and upload from PDA to
CRM ? If yes, any specifc model ?

Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ethel,

There is a Mobile addon for CRM. You can download this from the Microsoft
website:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94D65396-39C4-40BE-8AFD-34C939CA607B&displaylang=en

Note that not all languages are supported for the mobile application.

I hope this helps,
Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"Ethel" wrote:

> Hi,
> Can accounts and contacts be download from CRM to PDA and upload from PDA to
> CRM ? If yes, any specifc model ?
>
> Thanks.
Yes, for contacts you can! Any device that can synch with Outlook contacts
can do this; PDA, mobile phones, etc. Read this excellent article by the
folks at c360:
http://sdm3.rm04.net/servlet/MailView?ms=MjE0MDMwS0&r=NTk2OTgyMzI0S0

KjellSJ
http://kjellsj.blogspot.com

"Ethel" wrote:

> Hi,
> Can accounts and contacts be download from CRM to PDA and upload from PDA to
> CRM ? If yes, any specifc model ?
>
> Thanks.
The Mobile addon of CRM is great.  Only catch is the certificate services.
Just a heads up.  Make sure you follow the steps for installing the
certificate services to every letter.  We had major headaches but now realise
the error of our ways, we missed ONE step in the certificate steps ment the
whole pda connection and sync didn't happen.  The pda we installed with the
crm mobile is a HP iPAQ and another HP which I am not sure of model, both
work really well, although I am sure that there is no specific brand or model
required by CRM.
Hope this helps.

"Rob Bakkers" wrote:

> Ethel,
>
> There is a Mobile addon for CRM. You can download this from the Microsoft
> website:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94D65396-39C4-40BE-8AFD-34C939CA607B&displaylang=en
>
> Note that not all languages are supported for the mobile application.
>
> I hope this helps,
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "Ethel" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Can accounts and contacts be download from CRM to PDA and upload from PDA to
> > CRM ? If yes, any specifc model ?
> >
> > Thanks.
Hi, are there any people who have successfully implemented CRM Mobile? There
are few questions I'd like to ask you about it.

1. first of all I'd like to know how many mobile clients do you have and are
you happy by overall performance/reliability of the solution? would you
recomend some else to implement it or would you recommend to wait until the
next versions of CRM Mobile?

2. I read some responses about CRM Mobile, that it takes too much time for a
Mobile client to syncronize the data with CRM using WiFi networks, and that
there happen many cases of conflicts of data between server and Mobile
clients, is this true?

Thanks very much!

0
Mihran

BCM to CRM 4.0 data migration
Hi there, Has anyone done BCM to CRM 4.0 conversion? Is there a tool exists to transfer data from BCM to CRM 4.0 like it has for CRM 3.0? Could you bring the Activity across to CRM 4.0? The problem with BCM to CRM 3.0 conversion was that it will bring the activity across but it would not link them back to correct accounts or contacts records in CRM. Please let me know if anyone here has done the conversion from BCM to CRM 4.0, the tool that you used and the challenges that you faced. thanks Kyaw I was able to bring across Accounts linked to Contacts by exporting both to CSV. I ...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

Microsoft Money Plus Premium installed... doesn't run / launch
I am running Windows XP Professional. I just purchased, downloaded, and installed Microsoft Money Plus Premium. All went off without a hitch or error message. Downloaded perfectly, installed perfectly, no problems what-so-ever. I then go to run either Money or Insights... both programs "start" in that I can see a process for them in task manager. From that point on, NOTHING happens. The process sits there forever (forcing me to end task to get rid of it) and no window or application ever launches. I have tried all of the related knowledge base articles about how to cleanly rem...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

picklist Synchronization in CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Hi, I have created a custom picklist in crm3.0, where VALUE of picklist are different than the Value of CRM4.0 pick list. Does it impact while Synchronization, i mean when migrating from 3.0 to 4.0? eg: Attribute Picklist3.0 One value is 1 Two value is 3 Three value is 2 Four value is 5 (HERE Value 4 is no longer, its deleted) Attribute Picklist4.0 One value is 1 Two value is 2 Three value is 3 Does is required the same order value in both version? -john I have migrated the system with custom picklist and they are migrated and appeas as they were in CRM 3.0 . /Aamir ...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Microsoft Office 4.2.1 for Macintosh and power macintosh
I have the over 30 disks for microsoft office 4.2.1 for macintosh and power macintosh and want to sell it. But I want to have the correct information on what OS it needs, available memory, etc. and I can't seem to find that. Anyone know? Please write me. thank you, Anita Hi Anita, The box says (excerpts): 68030 or 68040 processor System 7 or later 8 MB RAM (16 MB recommended) 62 Meg of free hard drive space QuickTime PowerTalk extension (optional - only if you want to use PowerTalk) On a PowerPC you need 7.1.2 or later and 70 MB of free hard drive space. You're safe up to and in...

CRM an Telephone System Alcatel
Hi everyone, i have just set up a test crm server with a test alcatel omnipcx telephone system. My setup is a windows 2003 SBS with CRM small business and exchange router. How does crm contacts differ from outlook contacts? If i add a contact under the crm section it seams to add it under the outlook contact section a minute or 2 later, does the crm contacts synch with outlook contacts? and also i can get the contact to pop up when i dial from a recognised number but it saves it under the outlook contact journal and not the crm, any ideas? thanks Hello jjbrisbane, We have a Telep...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

Problems with CRM e-mail
Hello, We have 3 problems: 1. We use CRM with Outlook client. Lets say that my partner makes a new contact with an e-mail address and I want to send an e-mail to this contact. How can I select this contact from the "to" button in Outlook, since it doesn't appear? Is there any workaround? 2. Whenever I send an e-mail from CRM, the receipient instead of reading my full name as sender (as it is stated in AD, and as it is shown whenever I send an e-mail from Outlook), he reads my full e-mail address (myname@company.gr). How can I change this and send with my full AD name? 3. Is t...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

CRM address book in Outlook

Please verify BUG in Microsoft Windows XP/2003 Accessibility *MPS* #2
Hello, The Problem (Multi Processor only): This occurs when there is MORE than one Logical/Physical CPU on the system. When a console winevent hook function is active, changing the codepage of a console window causes the console window to not respond. I set a hook using SetWinEventHook to get notified on events EVENT_CONSOLE_CARET to EVENT_CONSOLE_END_APPLICATION all is well, events are coming. When I open a CMD window and change the codepage to a different codepage than the default one, the window stops responding. >From my tests it appears that the problem is somewhere in the SetCo...

Integration Mgr with Excel ODBC
I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM pauses for a few seconds and then closes. Same thing happens if I try using xls format. This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134. Any ideas what would be causing this to happen? Changing the spreadsheet to XLS would be a good first step. -- Charles Allen, MVP "irishjamr" wrote: > I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After > specifying the path for the source file when I click th...

Microsoft Office 2004 unable to print
I have a problem that has only cropped up today. For some reason all Office 2004 programs are unable to print. I can print from any other program, but not from Office. When you attempt to print the print dialog will come up, but will be unable to show anything in Quick Preview. If you hit print you get an error message indicating "Word cannot print due to a problem with the current printer. Make sure you have a printer selected in Print Center. You may need to print again or adjust your printer settings." I have tried deselecting Quick Preview in the print dialog and it makes ...

Going offline in CRM 04-23-04
Hi there!! What security right are you suppose to have when you are offline in CRM for Outlook. Because when I go offline it works fine but it does not allow me to acces any of the data(contacts, leads, etc). on my local machine. But when I go online again it allows me to acces data on the server. What am I doing wrong??? Jan A possible cause could be that when you installed Sales for Outlook you were not logged into the domain you were only looged into the local machine. This means that when you perform the first synchronisation no data is taken into the MSDE database. ...

Using a SQL Job to run an unattended Integration with Integration
Is there a way to run an Integration using a sql job instead of using a Windows Scheduled task. I am using SQL Optimizer so I do not need to log into Great Plains first. Lewis: Yes. You would first create a .bat file (DOS program). In this batch file, you move to the Integration Manager folder (optional), then you would use the command line called IMRun.exe located in this folder (IMRun.Exe "IntegrationName" -Refer documentation) . Once you create the batch file, you would call this batch file using a DTS package within SQL EM. Then you would schedule a SQL job to call this D...

Microsoft Money Plus and future versions
We have been asked to post the following by the MS Money Team. Annual Release Change .. Microsoft Money Plus continues to be a valuable tool for our customers; however the feedback we are hearing is that the incremental updates to the software don't merit a new product every year. Given this, we have decided against releasing a 2009 version of Money Plus. .. We are moving off of an annual release cycle for Microsoft Money Plus (no Money 2009 version in the fall), with future release dates TBD. Money Plus continues to be a valuable tool for our customers, however the feedback we ar...

Scheduled Integration via Integration Manager
Hi! I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can schedule integrations using integration manager. For example, my client would want to update the price list via integration manager. Is there a way for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified date and time? Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that, would be very very great. Thanks! -- Bryan Hipolito The IM user guide covers that in detail. If you don't already ...

Look at that patch that comes from Microsoft Corporation
--tyyevuhgucc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ntvtjcwy"; type="multipart/alternative" --ntvtjcwy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ebhzbsfkh" --ebhzbsfkh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2002, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your computer fro...

CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains
The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support integration between one Great Plains company databse and an installation of CRM. Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate more than one Great Plains database to a CRM installation using the the standard CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains and Biztalk server. CRM <=> GP Integration only supports integraiton to one GP company DB. >-----Original Message----- >The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support >integration between one Great Plains company databse and an >installation of CRM....

Asking How to publish video using Microsoft Publisher
This is a three part question: 1. I have produced a video using Microsoft Movie Maker. I have put the hyperlink to the movie into my MS Publisher document. I can view the video through MS Publisher (using CTRL click) but the link doesn't work when I use Web page preview. Does the video need to be in a certain place i.e. in folder index files? 2. How should I publish the video to my own personal website? Should I upload it separately to the website? Where does it need to be located? In index files? 3. To activate the video do I need to change the HTML to invoke the Microsoft movie pl...

CRM 3.0 for Outlook compatibilty with Skype?
After installing and using Skype, my CRM toolbar vanish in grey mode in Outlook. Adds In were not working. And I could not get the darn thing to reappear. After several tests, I uninstall Skype out of desperation. My CRM reappear and stays on. I reinstalled Skype, uses it: same disappearing act occurs. Does any one have the same problem? How did you solve it? We are using CRM 3.0, Outlook 2003 and Skype. My sales reps are driving nuts: they need all theses applications. We had same problem. Now it is gone. I don't know if medicin was Office 2007 and rollup 2 over v3c CRM client...

Need Microsoft CRM consultant in California Silicon Valley 11-28-06
Hi, We are looking for an individual Microsoft CRM consultant to help us on MS CRM. We want this person to help us through the issues and new functionality, design reports and so on. Independent MS CRM consultants - please email your resume and contact information to crm-user@hotmail.com Thanks ...