Integrate CRM with word?

One of my colleagues has asked me whether it is possible to integrate CRM
with word, to the extent that when they wish to create a letter, the
necessary information finds its way to the correct place in a word document.
If its possible I'd assume the process to be similar to that exporting to
excel - i.e. click on an export button and a letter format with relevant
information pops up, to which the body can be added.

Is this at all possible?  If so do we need to consult someone familiar with
the server side and coding, or can it be done via the UI?

Thanks in advance

Robert Turnbull
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You should look at the CRM mail merge functionality. It's available in the
CRM Outlook client and it does exactly what you're looking for.

--
Michael

http://www.stunnware.com/crm2

"Robert Turnbull" <RobertTurnbull@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:870D1BCA-518D-4919-9BD4-022244EDFFA3@microsoft.com...
> One of my colleagues has asked me whether it is possible to integrate CRM
> with word, to the extent that when they wish to create a letter, the
> necessary information finds its way to the correct place in a word
> document.
> If its possible I'd assume the process to be similar to that exporting to
> excel - i.e. click on an export button and a letter format with relevant
> information pops up, to which the body can be added.
>
> Is this at all possible?  If so do we need to consult someone familiar
> with
> the server side and coding, or can it be done via the UI?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Robert Turnbull

0
Michael
7/18/2006 11:48:52 AM
Check out the Business Data lookup snap ins...

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2006/feb06/02-20Dynamics.mspx

"Michael Höhne" wrote:

> You should look at the CRM mail merge functionality. It's available in the
> CRM Outlook client and it does exactly what you're looking for.
>
> --
> Michael
>
> http://www.stunnware.com/crm2

> "Robert Turnbull" <RobertTurnbull@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:870D1BCA-518D-4919-9BD4-022244EDFFA3@microsoft.com...
> > One of my colleagues has asked me whether it is possible to integrate CRM
> > with word, to the extent that when they wish to create a letter, the
> > necessary information finds its way to the correct place in a word
> > document.
> > If its possible I'd assume the process to be similar to that exporting to
> > excel - i.e. click on an export button and a letter format with relevant
> > information pops up, to which the body can be added.
> >
> > Is this at all possible?  If so do we need to consult someone familiar
> > with
> > the server side and coding, or can it be done via the UI?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Robert Turnbull

Hello Robert,

If you need more then the standard mail merge functionality.
For example.: mail merge custom entities and custom fields, versioning
of word documents,bulk mail merge,...
Look at www.mscrm-addons.com and download a trial version of
WordMailMerge for MS CRM.

Regards,
Christian Ternek
_________________________
www.mscrm-addons.com
Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!

WordMailMerge for MS CRM
GroupCalendar for MS CRM
Telephone Integration for MS CRM
EmailSignature for MS CRM

> One of my colleagues has asked me whether it is possible to integrate
> CRM with word, to the extent that when they wish to create a letter,
> the necessary information finds its way to the correct place in a word
> document.  If its possible I'd assume the process to be similar to
> that exporting to excel - i.e. click on an export button and a letter
> format with relevant information pops up, to which the body can be
> added.
>
> Is this at all possible?  If so do we need to consult someone familiar
> with the server side and coding, or can it be done via the UI?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Robert Turnbull

0
Christian
7/19/2006 4:26:13 AM
Thanks for all the replies.  I will look into the solutions, with the all
important input of my boss who funds everything!

Robert Turnbull

"Christian Ternek www.mscrm-addons.com" wrote:

> Hello Robert,
>
> If you need more then the standard mail merge functionality.
> For example.: mail merge custom entities and custom fields, versioning
> of word documents,bulk mail merge,...
> Look at www.mscrm-addons.com and download a trial version of
> WordMailMerge for MS CRM.
>
> Regards,
> Christian Ternek
> _________________________
> www.mscrm-addons.com
> Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!
>
> WordMailMerge for MS CRM
> GroupCalendar for MS CRM
> Telephone Integration for MS CRM
> EmailSignature for MS CRM
>

> > One of my colleagues has asked me whether it is possible to integrate
> > CRM with word, to the extent that when they wish to create a letter,
> > the necessary information finds its way to the correct place in a word
> > document.  If its possible I'd assume the process to be similar to
> > that exporting to excel - i.e. click on an export button and a letter
> > format with relevant information pops up, to which the body can be
> > added.
> >
> > Is this at all possible?  If so do we need to consult someone familiar
> > with the server side and coding, or can it be done via the UI?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Robert Turnbull

BCM to CRM 4.0 data migration
Hi there, Has anyone done BCM to CRM 4.0 conversion? Is there a tool exists to transfer data from BCM to CRM 4.0 like it has for CRM 3.0? Could you bring the Activity across to CRM 4.0? The problem with BCM to CRM 3.0 conversion was that it will bring the activity across but it would not link them back to correct accounts or contacts records in CRM. Please let me know if anyone here has done the conversion from BCM to CRM 4.0, the tool that you used and the challenges that you faced. thanks Kyaw I was able to bring across Accounts linked to Contacts by exporting both to CSV. I ...

Ribbon in Word 2010
Has anyone had a look at Word 2010? I wondered if the Ribbon in the new Word was essentially the same as it is in Word 2007?? Similar yes. If you were hoping for a reversion to the Word 2003 interface you are destined to be disappointed. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&l...

Integration Questions
Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. There is an integration CD which you will have received if you are a CRM partner or customer "Nathan Tidd" <NTiddSPAM@douglas-associates.com> wrote in message news:0d1a01c3b421$ec4437c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Where do I go or how do I get the CRM to integrate with > Great Plains, I think there is supposed to be an > integration tool somewhere, but I cannot find it. It is much more than a "Utility", i...

MS Word French Calculations
I have some documents which do calculations. These were prepared in MS Word 2000. The construction is Tables and fill in fields. The formulas are written to produce results. When I try to use the same in Word 2007 French Edition it gives all kinds of error messages. 1) Does French edition require formulas to be written in some different syntax? 2) In general Word 2007 uses different syntax? Thanks Nihar Mody -- Nihar Mody ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nihar Mody's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/183443.h...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

Launching Word 2000 gets MSO9.DLL missing
I have Office 2000 installed on Win XP Pro and all worked fine for a few weeks. Now I cannot launch Word/Excell/Powerpoint as I get an error of 'MSO9.DLL is missing'. Interestingly though if I double-click on a Word or Excel file it does successfully launch the Office application. I've tried putting in the Office 2k cd and choosing to repair my Office installation. This did not fix it. I also tried the option of re-installing the same software and again this didn't work. The only think I didn't try yet is uninstalling Office 2K via add/remove programs. Any ideas? Thanks...

picklist Synchronization in CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Hi, I have created a custom picklist in crm3.0, where VALUE of picklist are different than the Value of CRM4.0 pick list. Does it impact while Synchronization, i mean when migrating from 3.0 to 4.0? eg: Attribute Picklist3.0 One value is 1 Two value is 3 Three value is 2 Four value is 5 (HERE Value 4 is no longer, its deleted) Attribute Picklist4.0 One value is 1 Two value is 2 Three value is 3 Does is required the same order value in both version? -john I have migrated the system with custom picklist and they are migrated and appeas as they were in CRM 3.0 . /Aamir ...

Opening a csv file in word
Hi, I'm having a problem at the moment - I need to do a large find replace with my excel data. I actually do two, the first one works fin but the second one doesn't; The first one I just open my.csv file in word, do my find and replace save again and it opens fine in excel. The second one though, I need to find and replace the paragraph break and replace them with the tag <br />. When I save it again and open i excel, my results are displayed across the top row instead of th column, and they're no longer in a single cell for each record. I'm guessing it's becaus...

CRM Integration with an other SQL db
I'm looking to bridge Navision on SQL with CRM. Any body got some suggestions on the best way to built that real time link? -- Benoit How "Real Time" do you want it. If you want, you can use PostCallouts to implement this kind of integration (and there is a paper on MSDN on this subject) where you post changes to Accounts, new Orders, etc. from CRM to your Accounts package. For the other direction, bringing Accounts and sales information from the Accounts package into MSCRM then I would look at using a package like Scribe (BizTalk is also an option) to do this on a sch...

Integration Transaction Order Issue
We just switched from using Integration Assistant for Excel to Integration Manager 9.0. The integrations are defined the same way for both programs. When the General Journal integrations run they complete without errors/warnings. But when you view the transactions in the batch in Great Plains the transactions are not in the same order as they were in the Excel spreadsheet. They seem to be very random. The total dollar amounts balance and the integration runs successfully but we can't get the transactions to maintain their order from the Excel spreadsheet. We can't use a so...

CRM an Telephone System Alcatel
Hi everyone, i have just set up a test crm server with a test alcatel omnipcx telephone system. My setup is a windows 2003 SBS with CRM small business and exchange router. How does crm contacts differ from outlook contacts? If i add a contact under the crm section it seams to add it under the outlook contact section a minute or 2 later, does the crm contacts synch with outlook contacts? and also i can get the contact to pop up when i dial from a recognised number but it saves it under the outlook contact journal and not the crm, any ideas? thanks Hello jjbrisbane, We have a Telep...

ACT! Address Book integration
When integrating or using an address book in Outlook, the display name is automatically appended with the name of the address book the 'look up' found the name in... example: Jonathan Dorfman (ACT!) Is there any way to edit this feature or suppress it? Thanks in advance. Jonathan ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Windows 7
In Vista and XP I was able to put "New Office Document" and "Open Office Document" on the Start Button Menu. I cannot find a way to do this with Windows 7. Thanks Right click and then select Pin to Start menu or Pin to Task Bar -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "ADKR" <ADKR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22943FF1-F6D9-42B1-8B1C-7A27758333D4@microsoft.com... ...

Import CONTRACTS into CRM 1.2
Hi everyone. Anybody can tell me how can i import contracts into Microsoft CRM??? The data migration framework does not allow this! Thanks in advance and sorry for my english. Bea. You might try using Scribe Migrate's 90-day license for importing data into Microsoft CRM. Linda >-----Original Message----- >Hi everyone. > >Anybody can tell me how can i import contracts into Microsoft CRM??? >The data migration framework does not allow this! > >Thanks in advance and sorry for my english. > >Bea. > > > >. > Thanks linda, but... what's t...

CRM to GP Integration CD Builds
Hi, We are missing our GP to CRM Integration CD and waiting on delivery of a new one. However, we do have the Release Candidate 2 CD dated 3/25/2003. Can anyone tell me if this CD is the same as the RTM CD that went out? I can't remember if there was another build afterwards. Alan ...

Problems with CRM e-mail
Hello, We have 3 problems: 1. We use CRM with Outlook client. Lets say that my partner makes a new contact with an e-mail address and I want to send an e-mail to this contact. How can I select this contact from the "to" button in Outlook, since it doesn't appear? Is there any workaround? 2. Whenever I send an e-mail from CRM, the receipient instead of reading my full name as sender (as it is stated in AD, and as it is shown whenever I send an e-mail from Outlook), he reads my full e-mail address (myname@company.gr). How can I change this and send with my full AD name? 3. Is t...

Integration Mgr with Excel ODBC
I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After specifying the path for the source file when I click the Table button IM pauses for a few seconds and then closes. Same thing happens if I try using xls format. This is on GP 10 SP2 with IM 10.00.1134. Any ideas what would be causing this to happen? Changing the spreadsheet to XLS would be a good first step. -- Charles Allen, MVP "irishjamr" wrote: > I'm trying to use an Excel workbook (xlsx) as a simple ODBC source. After > specifying the path for the source file when I click th...

CRM address book in Outlook

Using a SQL Job to run an unattended Integration with Integration
Is there a way to run an Integration using a sql job instead of using a Windows Scheduled task. I am using SQL Optimizer so I do not need to log into Great Plains first. Lewis: Yes. You would first create a .bat file (DOS program). In this batch file, you move to the Integration Manager folder (optional), then you would use the command line called IMRun.exe located in this folder (IMRun.Exe "IntegrationName" -Refer documentation) . Once you create the batch file, you would call this batch file using a DTS package within SQL EM. Then you would schedule a SQL job to call this D...

CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains
The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support integration between one Great Plains company databse and an installation of CRM. Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate more than one Great Plains database to a CRM installation using the the standard CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains and Biztalk server. CRM <=> GP Integration only supports integraiton to one GP company DB. >-----Original Message----- >The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support >integration between one Great Plains company databse and an >installation of CRM....

Scheduled Integration via Integration Manager
Hi! I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can schedule integrations using integration manager. For example, my client would want to update the price list via integration manager. Is there a way for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified date and time? Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that, would be very very great. Thanks! -- Bryan Hipolito The IM user guide covers that in detail. If you don't already ...

subject line in CRM email with GUID?
Users send email from CRM, the email works, but the subject line in the destination Inbox appears with the subject plus a text like: "CRM:{6DAC4A3D-29FD-40C1-9862-44D398750930}:MRC" Example: Subject: 4th of July Specials CRM:{6DAC4A3D-29FD-40C1-9862-44D398750930}:MRC How can we eliminate that text after the subject? Thanks in advance Jianwa This message tag provides the ability to track e-mail correspondence. If you're bothered by the tag you can remove it by setting the following registry key on the CRM server: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM Add a DWORD va...

Re: Integration Manager Error
"6538" <lbeach@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:... > Running a JE integration and receive the following error. I have checked > the source documents and previewed and all appears fine. > > This integration cannot be run because of the following problem(s): > Source Recordset '1' not round - used for Record Source option on > collection 'Entries' > > ...

Any trick for calculate the number words in the text file?
for some reason, i have to write some code to calculate the number of words which exists in the text file. the language of text is international. but, at above of them, i wanna write some code to figure the western language out. but, i really cannt get any trick or idea for it. so, i wrote this post to ask for some helps. any reply is appreciated :-) -- Frank F.Han +-----------------------------------------+ | winsays@:-)hotmail:-).com | +-----------------------------------------+ "Frank" <winsays@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23$k40e2XEHA.2940@TK2MSFTN...

re-installing Word 2007
Shortly after I upgraded to Word 2007, I began to get strange error messages, slow responses, and odd fonts on messages or documents received. Several of these problems are discussed in your posts, but I also have the option of uninstalling and starting over. My big concern is whether my Outlook messages and contacts would survive this uninstalling and reinstalling. In case it's important, the problems started after Office 2007 spontaneously began to install itself again, even though the disk was not in the drive. Uninstalling and re-installing will not affect your da...