Instance name must be the same name as the computer name ...

I've seen many posts about this installation issue and ran across it myself
during an install on an existing SBS server.  When running Select
@@servername I received a null answer.  I looked in the sysservers table in
the master database and found that there was no '0' server listed as I've
seen on all other installs of SQL.  I took a chance and changed the value to
0, restarted SQL and ran the @@servername and it now came back as the name of
the server as expected and I was able to install CRM with no problems.  Long
term I don't know if this will cause issues with other programs using this
instance of SQL and the reason for this post is to see if anyone else has
tried this and/or knows of any problems this may surface in the future.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

IE Temp Names and Excel
I use a web-based application that generates CSV files. When I open these from Internet Explorer they are automatically loaded into Excel (2003). However after a few minutes I always get an auto save error. The reason is that the filename created by IE will include something such as [1].csv at the end of the filename. Excel does not consider these valid characters and so gives an error when it attempts to autosave (but oddly, obviously can open files with such a name OK). It seems odd to me that IE creates a filename that Excel says is invalid. Is there a solution to this (other than disablin...

Find nth instance of a character in a string
I'm sure I've done this in the past but for the life of me I can't remember it now. Say I have a string "http://www.theexceladdict.com/tutorials.htm" in cell A1. I want to determine the position of the last "/" (forward slash). The strings won't always contain the same # of "/"s. I need to be able to do this as a formula and also in VBA code. I appreciate your help. -- Have a great day, Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict) http://www.TheExcelAddict.com Helping Average Spreadsheet Users Become Local Spreadsheet Experts If you want to extract ...

named ranges in other workbooks
i have a range of cells whose values are validated from a list determined by a name the name is determined by a formula which references a range of cells in a different workbook (i'm on a office network...) the problem is: if the other workbook is open (on my desktop?) the name is o.k. and the validation is fine... but: if the other workbook is not open, the name results in an error i didn't think that this is the way it's suppose to work... AURGHH Mark, Do you use a full reference such as ='C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Book1.xls'!profit Bernar...

Strange file named "~"?
In the past week, a strange file has appeared on my desktop with a file name of "~". At first, I deleted it without opening it as I had no idea what it was. I then ran McAfee Virus Scan on my pc and received a clean bill of health -- no viruses found. But the file keeps coming back. I finally opened the file with Windows Notepad and it appears to be an a list of names who have sent or received email from me and the file gets updated as we use our email account. I have deleted this file repeatedly and it always manages to come back. I have updated McAfee several time...

Who put the P-U in my computer?
Hello! WIN XP HOME - SP2 Updated and Currant When I click START - TURN OFF COMPUTER, then slide up and hit the red button TURN OFF, I get a small dialog box that reads: "Recent is a Windows System Folder and is required for Windows to run properly. It cannot be deleted" I must then click OKAY and I'm on the way to shutting down. What can I do? It's not a time waster, not irksome, not bothersome, and not worth a major overhaul..I' just curious.. Thank you for the great help as usual. Mike Any you think this is a problem related to the Money personal fina...

How do I determine default instance vs. named instance install?
I need to determine the status of a server built by another Admin before he left the company. One of my tasks is to determine if the SQL 2005 workgroup SQL was installed as a default instance or a named instance. Can someone either tell me how or direct me to a document please. Thank you. Bo (Bo@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I need to determine the status of a server built by another Admin before > he left the company. One of my tasks is to determine if the SQL 2005 > workgroup SQL was installed as a default instance or a named instance. > Can someone either...

xxx@hotmail.com Password Rejected on One Computer, Not Other
I have MS Money on two machines, exact same copy of 2004 Business Edition. Machine 1 is a backup of Machine 2. Each incident contains 2 separate accounts, one business, one personal. Suddenly, on machine number 2, I can no longer log in to my personal account via my *hotmail.com account. On machine 1 it works fine, but machine 2 it rejects my login stating that the password is invalid. I logged in to the hotmail account with the password via IE on machine 2 just fine (sanity check). I then restored the .mny file on machine 2 with a different *mny name from machine 1. Same problem. So ...

what was the name of the first database program in access is base.
Not sure what you are asking. Please post a complete question using the large white area provided. Sounds like you are asking what is the first database application that was constructed using Access. Not really sure how we would answer that. You would have to know who purchased the first copy of Access and what they did with it. More details might help us out. -- RBear3 .. "rochellep" <rochellep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AA9D8AF-F0DA-4FAD-9FA1-8F50F8CB4A75@microsoft.com... > Cardfile was the first Microsoft database. ;-) -- Jerry W...

change name
I have a user that uses the Pop3 connector. When they send an email it comes from 'Name [pop3n...@emaildomain.com]' How do I change the name part. In other words, I don't want the users login name to show on the email. <shawn@phatspot.com> wrote in message news:1138804736.341230.206640@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a user that uses the Pop3 connector. When they send an email it > comes from 'Name [pop3n...@emaildomain.com]' How do I change the name > part. In other words, I don't want the users login name to show on the > email. > Hi ...

Connect to a particular instance of IE
I've written a little network utility. Now I found it it useful to be an IE plugin. It's not a real plugin since it still runs outside IE as a separate EXE. I've managed to create a menu entry and toolbar button for it. When I click it the program is launched. I also found how to enumerate all running instances of IE When the program is launched it becomes the topmost window but I need to know which was on top before because from that instance I need to read the current URL. Or is it easier to write a real plugin which runs inside IE. I would prefer outside because it can be used s...

Error: Cannot open two documents with the same name
I moved my Excel files (Microsoft Office 97) from an ME box to an XP Home machine via LAN connection, shared folder. When I open an Excel sheet, I get an error, "Cannot open 2 documents with the same name." I click OK and then the sheet opens. I do not have duplicate excel files on the XP machine. This will happen to not all Excel files, just a large hand full of them. This will even happen after a fresh reboot, open My Documents and then click on an Excel file. Thanks Paul Paul Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore oth...

Space in Alias names/User names is that OK?
Hello all I am new to 2003 server and Active Directory, I want to put spaces in the usernames for the domain users. Now my question is will that create any problems in the future with anything like security or dot net programming or networking? Thanks for your help Rob. I once used a space in a service account for Exchange Server. It worked OK, until I needed to upgrade to Exchange 5.5 and the upgrade kept failing. It took me 2 hours to figure out it was the service account name causing the problems. Also, if you ever want to have any .ASP web page reports and such, it is very hard to ...

Upgrade 9 to 10 only work if update instance, not if new instance
I'm testing a GP 9 to 10 upgraded on a test server. Everything installs; however, GP Utilities will bomb out if I created a new instance when installing 10. There is no error message, it just fails. If I do an update to the 9 instance, it works fine. Why should this make any difference? It's the only thing I'm changing in the two installs. Thanks Not sure I understand. What do you mean by "instance"? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster...

Naming a chart object #2
This has got to be simple but I can't find it... I'm using vba to create several charts as objects (as opposed to on their own page). I want to refer to them later, so I want to give them meaningful names - how do I name them something other than the default "Chart 1", "Chart 2" etc? Thanks! Jeff, To get the current name of the chart, activate it by clicking on it once and run this macro: Sub GetName() MsgBox "The chart name is: " & ActiveChart.Parent.Name End Sub To rename the chart, activate it and run this macro (substitute Chart2 with ...

Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business--crashes on startup of comput
My boss has a copy of Money Plus Home & Business that will not open. When we try, it gets an error in the msofd.dll file (so it's not that Logitech problem that is known). The error signature is as follows: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 17.0.0.724 ModName: msofd.dll ModVer: 17.0.0.724 Offset: 000433d1 I can not find any information on this problem and he's trying to get tax information from the file. Insight for Money also crashes. I am also not happy that you guys charge $35 per incident if we don't have the PID for the program, which we can not get because we ca...

How to change the Lead name to Company name instead Contactperson'
How can I change the name off the Leads as shown in the Lead views? By default the name off a Lead - as shown in the views - is the name off the Contactperson's name - Instead I would like it to be the Company / Account name. Thanks in advance for your reaction Regards Leo You can't change the default index column, which in this case is the lead's name, but you can add a column to the view for the company name. This way you would get both the lead name and the company name. Go to Home > System Settings > Customization > Leads. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blog...

Locking Named Cells
Lads, I have a lot of named cells in a workbook. Can I lock the name of th cells but allow users to change the data in them? I do not want them to be able to change the cell names becuase o references to them elsewhere in the workbooks. Lia -- wjoc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wjoc1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1528 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47473 Are you sure that the users are changing the names? Maybe they're just adding another name for that range...

Problem copying named range
I have a named range on a Lookup sheet which I am trying to copy to a destination on the main sheet (Mobiles). The range named PlugIn occupied V4:Z4 on the Lookup sheet and has a border round the entire area (none internal). This is a region title and only has text in V4. Using the following bits of code to copy the range to V6 on the Mobiles sheet, I end up with the text in V6 as expected, but the border only surrounds V6, not V6:Z6. With Worksheets("Lookup") Set PlugIn = .Range("PlugIn") End With PlugIn.Copy (Worksheets("Mobiles").Ran...

Exchange and externall e-mail provider in the same domain name !
Hi all, I've to resolve a problem with a client. He is on a SBS2003-SP1 system and use the following naming convention : Active Directory Domain is : mydomain.local Second (Internal) define zone is : mydomain.com This last is used for internal Exchange e-mail naming This parameters are unchangeable, because this client is an web agency that use DNS redirection to host qualifying web site in construction. But the is problem is that he is actually using a e-mail (with domain) provider whith the same name as his Second internal Zone : mydomain.com Considering that user00 and user01 are ...

choosing first instance of non zero data
how do i tell excel to count the number of cells until it reaches 3 zeros? Zip w.1 w.2 w.3 w.4 w.5 w.6 w.7 w.8 80001 0 3 2 0 1 0 0 0 start here | | End here Sheet 2: (output) Zip Count 80001 4 ...

using named cells across worksheets
I've named various cells after producing a multi-worksheet model. The named cells can be applied in the worksheet they are in but I can't see how to apply them across other worksheets. At the moment, the only option I can think of is manually updating every formula in all the connected worksheets! Any ideas. Nick You defined the names so that the names included the worksheet name, too? Sheet1!test sheet2!test .... Sheetx!test Then you can just use them by making sure you include the complete name: =sum(sheet1!test,sheet2!test,sheetn!test) Is that what you meant??? Nick Malon...

Outlook name resolution --display name problem
We have a client where when they type someone that is contained in the GAL it resolves the name but instead of listing their full name and underlining it. Outlook brings the X500? address in where it shows a long string of info o=xxxxxx /ou=xxxxxx /cn=recipeints /cn=xxxxxx Obviously this is distracting to the user but the mail does get delivered. Any ideas about this would be greatly appreciated thanks Kurt Kurt Sippel Applied Tech Solutions Inc Hi Kurt, Are you in Exchange Mixed Mode right now? And if so, is your ADC (and its connection agreements) functioning correctly? Thanks, Col...

Multiuse (Single Instance) or Single Use (Multiple Instances)
Hi, Some of our VBA application that used createObject doesn't work . Then we found about the below points from Microsoft and made it to work using getObject. "COM servers can be classified as Multiuse (Single Instance) or Single Use (Multiple Instances), depending on the number of instances of that server that can run simultaneously on a single computer. " We haven't changed anything in the OS, except upgrading Excel 2003 to Excel 2007.Can you let me know what might have made the system to switch from Single Use (Multiple Instances) to Multiuse (Single ...

using a "variable" in range names
Can you us a "variable" in a range name without having to INDIRECT() to another cell? -facts- A1 has a number in it rn1mw, rn2mw, rn3mw, rn4mw, rn5mw are valid ranges -problem- I want to use a vlookup to one of the above ranges. Something like: VLOOKUP("bongo", CONCATENATE("rn",A1,"mw"), 0) or VLOOKUP("bongo", "rn"&A1&"mw", 0) of course those formulas do not work..... thanks in advance Can't see it without INDIRECT. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing dir...

Instance Messages
Have had M.S. Windows 2000 installed for over two years. We are on Road Runner Hi-speed Internet Service. Just this week we have been getting instance messages poping up on the screen at the rate of 20 to 30 a day. We have not had this problem in the past. Could anyone tell me why and how to stop them. Thanks, Hank ...