installing the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'

I have installed Visual Studio 2005 inorder to use the SQL Reporting Services
'report designer' (that is also shipped on the CRM Server CD) but during the
install the prerequisets say that I have not installed visual basic .net on
my server.  From my research SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'
software works inside Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 version.

Please could someone let me know what I need to do to run the reporting
services?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You should need the Report designer in order for basic Report Services to
work. I would also suggest installing Reporting Services before installing
the CRM as the CRm install of RS is a little picky about where it goes etc.
(Reporting Services comes on a CD in Action Pack for example).

--
Ben Weeks
Business & IT Consultant

"Nick" wrote:

> I have installed Visual Studio 2005 inorder to use the SQL Reporting Services
> 'report designer' (that is also shipped on the CRM Server CD) but during the
> install the prerequisets say that I have not installed visual basic .net on
> my server.  From my research SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'
> software works inside Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 version.
>
> Please could someone let me know what I need to do to run the reporting
> services?

RE-Installing

Business Portal Web Services
I am trying to setup the Microsoft Dynamics Security Synchronization Utility. I am adding a new application for the Web Services - Dynamics GP. How do I determine my Application Key ID? thanks gptech, thanks for using the newsgroups. In this case, the "Application Key" can be found in the web.config file in the installation directory for the GPWebServices. (Typically Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics GP\GPWebServices\WebServices.) Look for the "SecurityApplicationKey" setting. Unless something has been customized, the ID is likely this GUID: 25cc1a21-2cc4-4b13-a1...

newbie question: Need to create a month-calendar view report
I'm creating a database to track assignments. They are tracked by dates: date assigned, expected completion date, draft completion dates, approvals, etc. Most reports are default types---assignments by staff member, completed in past month/week/etc. The question is 1. How due I plot assignments in a "monthly calendar" view/report? This report should display the assignment titles on the "expected completion" date. 2. Is it possible to change the "expected completion" date from within this "monthly calendar" view? Thanks in advance for any and all a...

Transaction Report for All accounts and All Dates crashes
When I try to run a transaction report for ALL accounts and ALL dates, the report crashes and reverts back o the default customization. Was there a question here or is this a bug report? If you are looking for a solution, I think you will find that the binary search method defined in http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104 will lead you to a problem with a specific transaction. msmoney -s or salv MAY fix it. Other tricks like moving all transactions except a problem one to another account and then deleting the problem account may be where you get to. "Alan Guggenheim" <anonym...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

CreateSalesOrder Web Service returning exception
When attempting to create a new Sales Order via the CreateSalesOrder web service in GP 9, I receive the following error: -------------- Begin Error ------------------------ A validation exception has occurred. Validation Errors: - The U of M for the item is not specified in the item price list as the default selling U of M. - U of M does not exist for the Unit of Measure Schedule being used. - PriceListKey is blank. It must be passed in or a default must exist for the transaction. -------------- End Error ------------------------ If I specify a Unit of Measure for each SalesOrderLine,...

Invoice Design Cannot Save My Invoice Designs
I know I have seen an answewr to this issue, but for the life of me, I cannot find it. When I design an invoice, I do not seem able to recall and load the one I designed and saved! - It does not appear in the list of available invoices - very strange I seem to remember the solution was a fix, or small change in the registry...... Any advice is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Help with license for SQL 2008
Hi, i've downloaded SQL 2008 from our Licensed download page and upon running the setup i selected "Trial" and there seems to be a Serial Key pre-entered . I completed the setup and now if i open SQL Mgmt Studio and when i checked on the "About" tab, there is nothing indicating the duration of the trial version. I'm not sure if it's a legitimate licensed version, cause we are entitled for SA Benefit and i downloaded using our legitimate credentials. How do i know when the trial version is expiring ? or Could it be a FULL version. Pleas...

Value Pak Installer

Conditional Formatting in Reports
I have an inventory table which is updated from a form. This form contains several fields giving details about each type of machine. One of these fields, called STATUS, has a drop down menu with three options; in-use, scrapped or sold. I can produce a report easily enough showing the full inventory list or those that have been scrapped for instance but what i would really like to do is produce a report that lists all items but highlighting those that have been scrapped in one colour and those that have been sold in another. I am using 2003 Any help would be greatly appreciated. Open t...

Installation #4

Installer for my access application

Report Writer - error message
i'm working on updating our SOP blank packing slip form and received an error message when trying to print it - Max symbol length exceeded: increase MAX_TOK_LEN. we have GP version 10. Any suggestions on what caused this and how to fix it? ...

stock variance report
Hi there, Is there any way to edit that stock variance report at HQ? There are no $$ values and this is quite important at HQ. How do others work with this? IB Ivan, Create a custom report using the Quantity Discrepancy List as a template, add the SnapShotCost, SnapShotLastCost and/or SnapShotReplacementCost column from the ItemDynamic table times the qty difference. -- * "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:%23Idw6wPAGHA.2912@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... Hi there, Is there any way to edit that stock variance report at HQ? There are no ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Report problem 07-16-06
I create new Incident report with SRS 2000, after deploying it I can see its preview in CRM server and CRM administrator user but this report does not run in clients and the following error was occured: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help Query execution failed for data set 'DataSource1'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) Get Online Help SELECT permission denied on object 'Incident', database 'MyOrg_MSCRM', owner 'dbo'. -- Mohsen Ahmadi, msnahm@hotmail.com IR-0912 *** **** Mohsen napisal(a): > I create new In...

Installing XP over Linux

Over Short before generating Z Report
Hi, I need to know if there is an option in RMS to stop the processing of a Z report if the opening and closing amounts for each tender type don't match. Thanks! Irene You can't deny the ability to Z the register just because totals don't match. In the real world, sometimes the till doesn't balance to the penny or the opening and closing amounts differ slightly. We try to keep the same amount in the till but sometimes the denominations just won't let you. We have trained everyone to balance against the X report and correct anything that needs correcting (Debi...

excel report manager #2
I did all required in installation and when the report manager comes up I get no options either under "view or scenario", All I see is "none". No choice for any of the 6 out of 20 columns I want to print. Is my Report Manager corrupted? I just d/l it today from the MS site ...

CRM SBS install error

1099 Reporting
Does anyone have a recommendation on how to separate reimbursable expenses paid to a independent contractor vs. the fees they charge for their services. When completing a 1099 at the end of the year, we would want to only show the services amount. We are aware of the 1099 field within the vendor set-up, but at this time it seems that it is an all or nothing proposition. Thanks for any assistance! Merle, here are some options: 1. setup a separate vendor ID for the reimbursable expenses and make it a non-1099 vendor. 2. code the reimbursable expenses as separate vouchers an...

report with daily drop
we print a report every night that shows the drops. we have to chage the date to today's date each time. how can i get a drop report with today's date already selected jay ...