Installed products view

Hi, all:

We've got a requirement to develop a view to show the full picture of a
customer (a 360� view). The standard "account" details form shows almost
everything we need to see, except the products that are installed for each
client (regarless in which sales order they were purchased). We need some
kind of "union" between installation sales orders and deactivation sales
orders.

Copying the solution we know from other CRM platforms, we're going to build
a new table (i.e. assets), which will be similar to the offer items or sales
order items, but will reflect the current status of the customer. When a
sales order is completed, the order details will be extracted and copied in
the assets table (inserting new records or deactivating existing records
depending on the sales order type).

We're wondering if somebody has found in a similar situation before and how
you solved this problem.

Thanks a lot in advance.

0
Andreu
4/30/2007 3:42:22 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
I am still searching and wondering, why this essential "view" is not
implemented yet in CRM 3.0. We do sell software with a lot of
different modules and it would be neccessary to just see installed modules.

I didn't find any senseful way to show this without programming
A dirty solution would be a checkbox list - or in your case a handsorted
picturelist

If you are done with your solution I would be very interested to know how
you did it.

Good luck and best regards

Antonio
"Andreu Garcia" wrote:

> Hi, all:
>
> We've got a requirement to develop a view to show the full picture of a
> customer (a 360º view). The standard "account" details form shows almost
> everything we need to see, except the products that are installed for each
> client (regarless in which sales order they were purchased). We need some
> kind of "union" between installation sales orders and deactivation sales
> orders.
>
> Copying the solution we know from other CRM platforms, we're going to build
> a new table (i.e. assets), which will be similar to the offer items or sales
> order items, but will reflect the current status of the customer. When a
> sales order is completed, the order details will be extracted and copied in
> the assets table (inserting new records or deactivating existing records
> depending on the sales order type).
>
> We're wondering if somebody has found in a similar situation before and how
> you solved this problem.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.

How to re-install Money 2006
I am an idiot and purchased the online version of the delux edition. I went and lost the hard drive in a most wonderfull crash. I had some backups, data not programs so I have the Money data file. I download the 2006 trial version and log in with my passport figuring it would atomatically download the better version. All I get though is that the trail version has expired and to buy the update online. Now I know I am an idot for buying the online version instead of the CD so please do not point that out. Anyone have a cute way of getting me up and running without that whole re-purchase...

Strange Popups in Normal View
This happens on my home laptop and desktop, but nowhere else. I am typing text (in Normal view) and this strange popup occurs. The icon looks like a skinny vertical rectangle with a black circle on top and a black circle on the bottom, with a blank square in the middle. When it pops up it highlights the text I have just typed. If I don't notice the popup and continue typing, the highlighted text I have just typed is overwritten by the new text I type. I have to click at the end of my text and continue typing to keep from overwriting my existing text. The popup lasts only...

MSDE Installation Problem 03-14-06
While installing CRM Outlook Client for laptop on a user's laptop I got the following error with the CRM System Requirements checklist and I can not contiue the installation. MSDE Service Pack 4 is required When we confirm install, the installation begins, however half way through the install the install fails with the message "user cancelled installation". We did not cancel this action! We have re-tried several times, same error message appears. I am getting the same problem- haven't found a solution so far. "Christine" wrote: > While installing CRM...

Un-installing COM add-ins
I tried to un-install some COM add-ins from an Excel 2007 user's machine via the Excel dialog to do so. It would not allow the COM add-in to be un-installed. Does anyone know where in the registry the load COM add-in entries are stored so that I can manually delete such entries? Thanks, Bob ...

split screen view
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel could someone tell me how to split the screen view on the Mac so I can see top &amp; bottom of a page at the same time? <br> (I did this on my PC but can't remember how!) There are 2 ways, each of which invoke the same feature a bit differently. 1- Go to Window> Split, which will apply both a vertical & a horizontal split based on the currently selected cell. Once they're turned on the split lines can be dragged to effect the split as preferred, or 2- There are 'jellybeans' at the to...

after installing windows live, disaster
I no longer can access most apps. I do have access to Outlook and to My Documents. I can not access "add or delete programs". I can access IE by clicking on "run as". I can not access Office or any components such as word. How can I delete Windows Live and restore access to my installed apps. ...

Messages routing Document/View/MainFrame/Application
Can you tell me if the message routing on Windows CE is the same of Win32(win XP) Can you send a good link about the message routing Thank's Marc In article <#SdOLZEREHA.3660@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, marc__lefebvre_pub_NOSPAM@hotmail.com says... > Can you tell me if the message routing on Windows CE is the same of > Win32(win XP) No, nobody can tell you -- not with certainty anyway. MS distributes the CE Platform Builder, which allows an individual vendor to "adjust" CE to fit the application(s) they support. This makes it difficult to say anything about ...

Can't Modify a PWA View
When I attempt to add an enterprise text field to Projects or Project Center views, the system returns this error: Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view. It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the project. But since I am the only user and I have administrator rights I just do not understand why I get this error. I can add the very same field to My Work views. Thanks David:...

All I want is a view of all tasks across all folders!
Greetings Everyone, Using Outlook 2007... I have a fairly simple, and common, scenario; I have my main Tasks list and some connections to SharePoint 2007 Task lists. In Outlook terms, these are different Folders. All I want is a single holistic view of all tasks, across all of these folders. I am actually quite comfortable with Outlook and know how to create a view for "All task folders". However, it is not working; all I get is a blank resulting list. From the various tests and results I am getting, it looks as though the data may be corrupt. Are there any tool availab...

images in product catalog or knowledge base
anyone attempted to store images in Microsoft CRM? Client inquiring on capability of CRM to allow images for products. ...

Error 1304
I purchased Outlook 2003 and installed it on my WIN XP machine. When I install the add-on personal folders backup tool (definately 2003 version) I get an error 1304 - cannot write to G:/PROG../MICROSO../OFFICE11/backaapl.exe I assume it's OK to have Outlook and Office installed on the G drive instead of the C drive. I tried changing the read permissions to write permission for OFFICE11 - no go. I installed the video update with no problems. Any ideas anyone? Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.030422-1633) System Manu...

How do you list all the printers installed
Hello, I can get the details of print jobs with the OpenPrinter command but I would like to list all the printers installed on a machine how would I go about doing this ? James Take a look at the EnumPrinters() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "james" <moogle33@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:20440eea.0406230502.573bc920@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I can get the details of print jobs with the OpenPrinter command but I > would like to list all the printers installed on a machine how would I > go about d...

Pick list values in custom views
I've tried adding a picklist field to a custom view and after publishing & iisreset, the custom view is shown, but no values are displayed in the view for the picklist field. Are pick list fields able to be used in views? Is this documented anywhere? Cheers Kit Hi Kit, A view should display the selected picklist value for a record; you shouldn't even have to publish to get a result with a view. Maybe, is it possible, that your records don't have a picklist value? Even if you have a default picklist value, for existing records you'd need to go in and save a rec...

Install error
Our network guy reinstalled Windows 2000 on one of our workstations and left me to reinstall all the applications (which I've never done before). I finally found the cd for Microsoft Office 2002 that matched that particular machine (as he didn't label them) and followed the prompts to install. It said the install was successful, but Outlook wouldn't work. I put the cd back in and followed the prompts to just install Outlook. Still wouldn't work so I put the cd back and told it to reinstall. It said the reinstall was successful, but Outlook wouldn't work. So I put the...

Re-install
If I re-install Money 2002, does anyone know if I will lose my current .mny file, or will it still be in my Money directory and allow me to load it after the re- install? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you! It shouldn't lose it. But it probably shouldn't be in the Money directory anyway. That's what My Documents is for. "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:308801c3fcf4$06332220$a301280a@phx.gbl... > If I re-install Money 2002, does anyone know if I will > lose my current .mny file, or will it still be in my >...

Re-installed WLM and can't find email folder
I had the BOD and tried everything to no avail so reinstalled xp home premium. I didn't lose any data but had to reinstall all my programs. The only one I am having difficulies with is WLM. It can't find my old folder to import. I unhid my files and searched to no avail. What parameters should I use for the search to find the folder. I went into WLM and saw where it normally would save to but nothing is there. Because of the BOD I didn't get to prepare for this as I did when I did a win7 computer (successful). Any suggestions would be helpful. John D...

IBF problem
Hi In Step "Publish Metadata" I typed "http://testcrm:8082" and clicked "next", the error message that appeared is "The Information Bridge metadata service location is not avaliable". I tried using http://localhost:8082 as some previous posts have suggested, but it still doesn't work. Can anyone help me? Thank you. i got the same error, dunno if this will help...but give it ago. it...seems that when you specify Sql authentication in setup it doesnt update the web.conf file so i had to manually edit web.conf and put in the connection string ...

Microsoft CRM Server should not be installed on a Domain Controller
Hello, All! I want to install MS CRM v1.2 for my company. The proposed server configuration will be as follows: Server #1 - Windows 2003 Enterprise - Domain Controller (DC) - CRM v1.2 - SQL 2000 - Exchange 2003 - CRM Exchange Routing Engine However, the MS CRM planning documentation states "Microsoft CRM Server should not be installed on a Domain Controller". The documentation does not state you cannot do this, just that you "should not". I'm sure there is a logical explanation for why this should not be done? I really do not wish to bring a second server online...

Unable to remove saved view
Hi, We've got an issue with a saved view I'm hoping someone might have an idea how to fix. We got a disabled user (user1) that's left who has shared an advanced find saved view with another user (user2). User1 is disabled in CRM and had previously shared the saved view with user2. User2 has the following CRM roles: System Administrator, System Customizer, Web Part Administrator. When user2 goes to the folowing areas they get these messages: Advanced find -> saved views -> more actions Sharing: "you do not have Share permissions to any of the records you have sel...

Message "You are now viewing this message in the internet zone"
Whenever I open an email in outlook, I get the message "You are now viewing this message in the internet zone". What does this mean to me? Is it something I can change if I so desire? It's not causing a problem, I'm just curious. -- Thanks Jerry Jerry <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Whenever I open an email in outlook, I get the message "You are now > viewing this message in the internet zone". What does this mean to > me? Is it something I can change if I so desire? It's not causing a > problem, I'm just curious. Ou...

Limit the time viewing a spreadsheet
I want to make a sheet visible for a certain amount of time (15 mins then to make it invisible (hidden). Is there a way of building in timer to a spreadsheet -- Lynxbci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1037 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26459 Try the below code unhides and hides Sheet2. --------------- Paste all into a module --------------- Public Declare Function SetTimer Lib "user32" ( _ ByVal HWnd As Long, ByVal...

Web Services install #2
We are having a nightmare with Web Services installation. Nothing seems to work to get it to install, and now we can't even get the utility to uninstall. It simply states that a fatal error has occured. No error log entry. No events. Nothing. Is a log created somewhere else that I'm not looking (I've looked in the installation folder and the .msi folder)? Besides that, I see now that the ~20 second initialize time for calling a web service is normal from other posts. Is anyone justifying this delay and using Web Services in production? Perhaps not, with the thourough lack o...

View Cell Names
Does anyone know how to show the entire cell defined name in the upper left corner when you select a cell? I know that you can print a list of defined names using Insert, Name, Paste, Paste List but it would help to be able to see the entire name when in the worksheet. Our names are usually very long. Currently we copy & paste the current name we want to change somewhere in the worksheet, change it that and re-create the name. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Exc...

GL Allocation Products?
Anyone know of any products that will go GL Allocation based on a dynamic percentage. We are using Project Accounting and need the allocation to be based on percentages that change per Project. Great Plains variable allocation won't work because it is done on more of a global level. We would need to do it on a transaction by transaction basis. Each could have a different allocation. Any products out there? I recall that I set-up a fairly complicated excel spreadsheet to do the dynamic allocations and import that back in via IM. That was a good 4 years ago. I haven't seen any...

Testing Prepended Question Mark bug with IE9 Beta 1 installed (WLMail)
?Test... Headers from Message Source (Ctrl+F3 in Drafts): MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal Importance: Normal X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V14.0.8117.416 -- Peter.R (Windows Live Mail 2009 14.0.8117.0416 on Windows 7 Home Premium) "There are more things in Heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare Test of Unicode (UTF-8) workaround... Headers from Message...