Installation Problem!!

I am having a problem installing MSCRM 1.2.
My configuration consists of a Domain Controller running Win 2000
Server SP4 . I am trying to install MSCRM on a member of the domain running
Windows 2000 Server SP4. There is a DNS Server on the DC which is integrated
with AD, and a SQL Server 2000 running on the Win 2K machine.

The install errors out when CRM creates the root business with the message:

Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server.
Setup was unable to provision your organization.
Setup was unable to create the root business.

The configuration of ASP.NET seems to be ok, the provision of organization
also seems to be ok and the problem is when CRM creates root business.

I have tried installation under the local system account. Should i try
installation under a DC Account??

Any ideas?

Stelios.

0
Stelios
4/8/2005 8:03:33 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close #2
After installing Microsoft service pack (sp2) and while opening Outlooks 2000 (Office 2000);I recieved this error message, "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close." Can anyone offer a suggestion to fix this problem? >-----Original Message----- >After installing Microsoft service pack (sp2) and while >opening Outlooks 2000 (Office 2000);I recieved this error >message, "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and >needs to close." > >Can anyone offer a suggestion to fix this problem? >. > i have the same pro...

Column Alignment Problem
My "message" column disappeared, and when I added it back into the view, the text is aligned to the right and will not adjust back - even tho I reset the alignment to the left! Now it will not sort the "nmessage" column and half of the text of messages names is out of view. Help?! Thanks Try resetting the view -- View | Current View | Define Views, select the view that's messed up, and click Reset. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread....

Temp Table Problem
I am getting this following error message randomly (with different table names each time). "An open operation on table 'taxRebate_TRX' failed because the path does not exist." Each table is a temp table, so I can't view it in SQL. It is only happening on one computer. How can I resolve this? Did you try restarting the computer w/ the error? Are all the modules installed on this computer? "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B46A24C-2A30-4EE4-8109-C5F94E19F5E0@microsoft.com... >I am getting this following error mes...

Proper set-up for a co-existant python 2.6 & 3.1 installation
*** Posted previously in Windows 7 forum but no answer *** I have installed two different versions of a scripting language called Python in my Windows 7 PC. Even though I have not fully tested them, they seem to work if I launch them from the proper directory: C:\Users\python26 for python 2.6 C:\Users\pythom31 for python 3.1 In either case, I have use the default installation procedure. In both cases the executable is python.exe In both cases the *.py file should launch the respective python.exe executable Both versions are slightly incompatible (that is, comple...

Problems with GP "Changer" module
I have gone through the documentation on setting up and installing Changer on our system. We are trying to test it out, however all of the companies in GP that we have created ourselves do not have the table SE000401 which the GL Changer process is trying to make use of. I can't figure out what this table is used for, or why we wouldn't have it if the Changer package is installed. I have already looked through the Resource descriptions in GP to try to find what this table referrs to, but to no avail. I need to find the origin of this table so that I can get this changer module to...

VB syntax problem with referencing another tab
Hi. The following macro works fine if I run it while the tab in question is open. If I try to run it with another tab open, I get a 400 error. I'm pretty sure it's just a problem with the way I'm referencing the tab. Any ideas on how I could make this work? Sub Formatierung_Einverkauf() Set sh1 = Sheets("Einverkauf") z = 4 Do Until sh1.Cells(z, 1).Value = "" If sh1.Cells(z, 1).Value <> sh1.Cells(z + 1, 1).Value Then sh1.Rows(z).Select With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeBottom) .LineStyle = xl...

Star Printer Problem
I have been running v1.3 for 3 weeks now with no problem. Today, my TSP100 printer is now going into "Pause" mode and is not printing. I'm trying to get in contact with Star support, but in the meantime, if anyone had advice please drop a line. Thanks. Steve, Make sure you've got plenty of paper in it and you might want to blow out any paper dust. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setu...

New WIN98 Installation Failure
Following my dual-boot Win 98SE/XP-Pro, 966 mHz P3, computer's mother board failure, I decided to reinstall everything on a new hard drive in a different 3.2 gHz P4 machine (known to previously be in good working condition) that has 3 gB of RAM installed. The PC's 'set-up' screen indicates the RAM is in good order. As a first step, I installed Win98SE, directly from CD-R, to the new and unused hard drive in the same way I have done several times in the past. After the installation, the PC rebooted and the Win98SE initial screen came up. Then, the following ...

Label Visible Problem
I have a listbox on my form called [listNoClient] and a label [lableNoClient], I am trying to make the lable Invisible when the list box is Null, and Visible when the listNoClient Not Null.....................Thanks for any help................Bob What is the value of the Multiselect property of the listbox? -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message news:f2888t$21c$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > > > I have a listbox on my form called [listNoClient] and a label > [lableNoClient], I am trying to make the lable Invisible when ...

re-installation office 2003
I removed my version of office standard 2003 from my computer to save some space and to allow me to run the defragmenter. However during my attempt to reinstall the product the entered product key seems to indicate that the software is now only an update and requires a previously installed office version. I am positive that I bought a full version of that software package and not just an update. Any suggestions? If you have an upgrade, you need something to upgrade. If you think you purchased a full versxion, you need to be able to back that up. Even then I suspect you wil...

Simple Currency format problem
Hi Friends, I want to include the dollar sign in my currency value with no decimal values.But when i do so I get the following: Through format cells->currency: $5,000 Directly through the currency sign on the toolbar: $ 5,000.00 But I need the combination of the two i.e. a dollar sign on the left edge of the column and no decimal places i.e.: $ 5,000 Can someone please tell me how to do this.Your help would be really appreciated. Thanks Mick -- mickscool ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mickscool's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

Installing Microsoft Money Essentials
I purchased and downloaded Microsoft Money Essentials. The download appeared to work correctly; however, when I try to open the downloaded file, nothing happens. The response from tech support was to repeat the download. I did that several times with the same result. I am using a new computer running Vista. Any suggestions about getting the software installed would be appreciated. -- seeking help in NC ...

Template problem
Folks I have a simple template class that is used to send classes across a network. It is very simple(see definition below). It compiles fine, however I cannot link it into my project, all the methods are showing as unresolved externals. i have tried to explictly link (adding the object to the link line), however it ignores the object saying it is there already. By the way I am using Visual C++ 6.0. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Peter template<class PACKET> class CSHWrapper { public: /* Generic ctor * */ CSHWrapper(); /* ctor which wil...

Microsoft Money 2005 Report Problem
I am trying to get a transaction report of all withdrawals for the previous year from my checking accounts and the only thing that is reported is deposits. I had previously printed this report without any problem. Now it doesn't. I tried reinstalling the program and upgrading it but it didn't help. What am I doing wrong??? Any ideas? Pat ...

smtp address generation problem
I have installed a new exchange 2003 in a sbs2003. I create my company's domain in receiptant policy in exchange 2003 system manager. Then it generate all the email address for all the existing user. Later, I create a new user and want to add a smtp address as company@company.com. It shows an error that it is already exist and cannot be created. Then I check the email address of all the users in AD users & computers. No one user this smtp address. Then I try to send an email to that address(company@company.com). I found it goes to administrator's email account. However, in t...

I'm having *major* problem when generating statements :(
When I try to generate to close the billing cycle and generate statements in HQ manager, I get an error message "40 customer(s) had a balance error. Accounts will not be closed." In the error log it lists out the 40 accounts and all of them have an error similar to this one: "000010000842: has a balance discrepancy. Accounts Receivable indicates a balance of $130.00. The last closing balance indicates a balance of $0.00 as of 01/28/05" how can i either fix these balance errors or else force manager to let me close the billing cycle and override these errors? whe...

set axis min and max by macro problem
I have a macro to automate this process which is not working. I am sure it is very simple and anyone with some visual basic knowledge should see the problem immediately. Many thanks in advance. The file is here: www.menudujour.co.nz/MenuEngineering.xls Gavin Gavin - I include some suggestions and code on this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Gavin wrote: > I have a macro to automate this process which is no...

Money 02 Installation
I just installed XP Pro and want to install Money 2002. It says I need Serive Pack 5 on the box under System Requirements. Do I really need it to install and run this application properly? Many thanks. Service Pack 5 to what? I think you mean it says it needs IE5. IE6 will do. IE4 won't run on XP. "EL" <laolaptak@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:10de01c378c5$dac7e650$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed XP Pro and want to install Money 2002. > It says I need Serive Pack 5 on the box under System > Requirements. Do I really need it to install and run &...

Series fill in Excel 2003 problem
I am using Excel 2003 on a Win 7 machine. I am a stamp-collector and I am preparing lists of stamps I have to be able to take with me to the stamp club as spreadsheets rather than carrying 10 pounds of catalogs. My catalog identifies Parcel Post stamps by adding the capital letter "Q" before the number, i.e. Q1, Q2, etc. When I insert Q1 in cell A1 and Q11 in cell A2 and then right-drag and "fill series" for ten columns, the second row is shown accurately as Q11 to Q20 but row 1 shown as Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q1, Q2 as if the software is reading the Qs a...

Incoming problem
Some of the outlooks 2000, xp and 2003 we have in our network do not have their folders` number of unread items updated when a new mail arrives in that folder. If I click another folder, all the folders have their stauts up to date. This only happens when the Outlook is open, when it is minimized, it works properly. I have the same problem. Hope we hear of a cure. "Rafael" wrote: > Some of the outlooks 2000, xp and 2003 we have in our > network do not have their folders` number of unread items > updated when a new mail arrives in that folder. > If I click ...

CRM Trial Installation Software
Is there a trial version of CRM for Small Bus Server Standard Edition, and step-by-step install instructions available? Also, my hardware: SBS 2003 Standard with SP1 (1) Xeon 2.8 GHz cpu 2 GB RAM Is this adequate for CRM? Does CRM require SQL server or does it install one on SBS? Any pointers and pitfalls would be appreciated. Thanks Marc http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d418781-69ad-422d-92fa-87fdb2538e2c&DisplayLang=en Not sure if there is a Small Biz version bnut this should work. It requires SQL server but you can probably find a trial of that as wel...

Problemes d'applications
Des erreurs d'application sont survenus :=20 N=B0 erreurs : 0x800CCC79 N=B0 erreurs : 0x800ccc17 Comment r=E9gler ces problemes? Les rapports d'erreurs ne sont pas complets et me=20 renvoient toujours sur les m=EAmes sites qui n'ont aucunes=20 solutions a ce genre d'erreurs. Merci d'avance . un utilisateur. Quelle application cr�e l'erreur? Quand se produit-elle? "Charles Leymarie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01bd01c39416$9c20c310$a401280a@phx.gbl... Des erreurs d'application sont survenus : N� erreurs : 0x800CCC79 ...

Outlook schedule problems
I need some help with a problem I have. When a user sends a schedule invite to only 1 user, that user accepts the invite and sends a response. The problem is that everyone in the organization also receives a copy of the accepted reply....man its hard to keep a secret around here!! Check your delegate access settings on the Exchange server and on = individual clients. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. ...

Problem with billing entry
When working with billing entry for projects, the bill is not posted and I am getting this message "detail line(s) contain error". I checked the lines and I foud that an error sign appears near to the billing rate or the markup rate in all lines. How to solve this problem? -- Zaher ...

Problem Backing Up PST With Xcopy
Before I upgraded to Office 2003, I used a xcopy batch file from the command line to copy everything to a backup drive. Even when Outlook 2003 is never started xcopy will not run because somehting has locked the PST file. What is it and how do I unlock the file for backup? Do you have a PDA in its cradle? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Ken <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Before I upgraded to Office 2003, I used a xcopy batch | file from the comm...