Installation-error crm 3.0 trial on sbs 2003 trial

I tried to install CRM 3.0 90-day-trial-version on a Small Business Server
2003 180-day-trial-version. But the Installation gets an error message that
the installed SQL-Server is an "Enterprise Evaluation Server" and not an
"Enterprise Server".
How can i try the CRM-system, when i cant install the trial-version.
I will use the Small Business Server.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=64adaa89-d5a8-4400-91b5-79560f68962a&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Go to Microsoft's website and download the new VPC. It includes an evaluation
of VPC2004 and the virtual image has a full server and CRM install. It's a
large download (five files of 600MB each plus 1 of 100MB+). Download the
files and double-click the first file to create the VPC files. You will want
to download this to a machine where you can burn them to a DVD or use them
directly on that machine, which should have at least 1.5GB of RAM and plenty
of disk space.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8edfc7b-01d8-4500-845b-01370d4eed21&DisplayLang=en

--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Joachim Becker" wrote:

> I tried to install CRM 3.0 90-day-trial-version on a Small Business Server
> 2003 180-day-trial-version. But the Installation gets an error message that
> the installed SQL-Server is an "Enterprise Evaluation Server" and not an
> "Enterprise Server".
> How can i try the CRM-system, when i cant install the trial-version.
> I will use the Small Business Server.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=64adaa89-d5a8-4400-91b5-79560f68962a&dg=microsoft.public.crm
Thank you for your answer. But i will test the CRM and SBS on our planned
hardware for performance tests before we buy the systems. These tests are
impossible in VirtualPC.
I need to test CRM on SBS 2003, but the trial-versions cant be used to trial.
But no words of this in the release notes or other documentation.

"MattNC" wrote:

> Go to Microsoft's website and download the new VPC. It includes an evaluation
> of VPC2004 and the virtual image has a full server and CRM install. It's a
> large download (five files of 600MB each plus 1 of 100MB+). Download the
> files and double-click the first file to create the VPC files. You will want
> to download this to a machine where you can burn them to a DVD or use them
> directly on that machine, which should have at least 1.5GB of RAM and plenty
> of disk space.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8edfc7b-01d8-4500-845b-01370d4eed21&DisplayLang=en
>

> --
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Joachim Becker" wrote:
>
> > I tried to install CRM 3.0 90-day-trial-version on a Small Business Server
> > 2003 180-day-trial-version. But the Installation gets an error message that
> > the installed SQL-Server is an "Enterprise Evaluation Server" and not an
> > "Enterprise Server".
> > How can i try the CRM-system, when i cant install the trial-version.
> > I will use the Small Business Server.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=64adaa89-d5a8-4400-91b5-79560f68962a&dg=microsoft.public.crm
It is actually SQL 2005 that I think is giving you the trouble. MS CRM
actually recognizes that MS SQL is an evaluation version and won't install.

To get this resolves requires all the teams.. CRM, SQL, Evaluation teams..
etc. A lon process :(

I agree that the VPC is not the right answer all the time.

Are you a small shop? Are you an IT Firm or consultant? What about a CPA?
Small software developer? All of the above have access to the Action Pack.

Do you have access to MSDN or TechNet? Do you have a suite of softwre for
your test lab?

--
Anne Stanton
The Norwich Group

"Joachim Becker" wrote:

> Thank you for your answer. But i will test the CRM and SBS on our planned
> hardware for performance tests before we buy the systems. These tests are
> impossible in VirtualPC.
> I need to test CRM on SBS 2003, but the trial-versions cant be used to trial.
> But no words of this in the release notes or other documentation.
>
> "MattNC" wrote:
>
> > Go to Microsoft's website and download the new VPC. It includes an evaluation
> > of VPC2004 and the virtual image has a full server and CRM install. It's a
> > large download (five files of 600MB each plus 1 of 100MB+). Download the
> > files and double-click the first file to create the VPC files. You will want
> > to download this to a machine where you can burn them to a DVD or use them
> > directly on that machine, which should have at least 1.5GB of RAM and plenty
> > of disk space.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8edfc7b-01d8-4500-845b-01370d4eed21&DisplayLang=en
> >

> > --
> > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Joachim Becker" wrote:
> >
> > > I tried to install CRM 3.0 90-day-trial-version on a Small Business Server
> > > 2003 180-day-trial-version. But the Installation gets an error message that
> > > the installed SQL-Server is an "Enterprise Evaluation Server" and not an
> > > "Enterprise Server".
> > > How can i try the CRM-system, when i cant install the trial-version.
> > > I will use the Small Business Server.
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=64adaa89-d5a8-4400-91b5-79560f68962a&dg=microsoft.public.crm

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

outlook 2003 #69
i have problem sending messages from pop3 accounts in outook 2003 when i configure exchange server for intranet, even when i select pop3 account as defalut account and exchage is second option, if i select pop3 account as default then i am unable to send messages local exchange server, if i configure the same in outlook xp then every thing is ok pop3 and exchange any body can help me to solve this problem or it is a bug in outlook 2003 Configure the account (POP3 or Exchange) that you use the most as the default. When you want to send using the other account, select that account from...

Unread mail in OUtlook 2003
The unread mail in the default view isn't working right for several clients. Anyone have this problem? ...

Value Pak Installer

Add-In Is Not Valid Office Add-In Error Message
When I bootup Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711), I get the following error message: 'C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Add-Ins\' is not a valid Office add-in. I also get this message when I open Outlook 2000, click on the Tools menu, click on Options, click on the Other tab, click on the Advanced Options button, and then click on the COM Add-Ins button. Would appreciate any help anyone may have to fix this problem. --Eric Ogawa This problem has been addressed in: "OL2000: Error Message: Not a Valid Office Add-in Starting Outlook" http://support.microsoft.com/supp...

Exchange 2003 ESM errors
when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System Manager I am receiving the following error; The operation failed due to an invalid format in the HTTP request. Verify that the host header is correct for the virtual server. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated; tim Tim, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282125 E "TimW" <tim.watson@republink.com> wrote in message news:05a501c3c34e$ca07a570$a101280a@phx.gbl... > when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System > Manager I am receiving the following error; &...

Unable to access different views within CRM
My client is using Windows XP Pro with Internet Explorer 6. She can log onto the web-client and access my opportunties, my contacts, my leads etc. When she attempts to change views i.e. all opportunities she receives an error message 'an error has occured, please contact your system admin'. Please help!!!! ...

Replacing "#DIV/0!"
How do we replace "#DIV/0!" with a numeric zero in a worksheet? Thx! You're dividing by zero. Counteract that by modifying the formula you're using. A simple example would be: =IF(A1=0,0,B1/A1) or trap the error: =IF(ISERROR(your_formula),0,your_formula) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >How do we replace "#DIV/0!" with a numeric zero in a >worksheet? > >Thx! > > > >. > ...

M2003 updates error
I have been getting this since last evening: "An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. If the problem persists, reinstall Money from your original product disks" Anyone else seeing this? Any easier way to resolve this than re-installing Money? The program seems to be working fine otherwise ... -- Aloke --- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com ...

HELP. CRM Authentication
The installation went well. But I cant open the CRMwebiste. Anytime, I get this error message: "Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. " Also, in CRM Deployment manager, I cant work on user manage. The error message says: "The server http://crmserver:8080/mscrmservices is nt responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient priviled...

Demonstration version of Great Plains 8.0???
My organization is seriously considering using Great Plains 8.0 and I was curious if anyone knows where I could find a trial version of the software to help us make up our minds. If you talk to a local business partner, they can set up GP with a sample company. There aer two versions: standard and professional. The professional runs on SQL Server. Therefore, if you wanted to get a trial of it, you would need to supply a machine with SQL Server. Tim wrote: > My organization is seriously considering using Great Plains 8.0 and I was > curious if anyone knows where I could find a tri...

Outlook 2003 Deleting Deleted Items!
This annoying problem is driving me nuts! I'm running Outlook 2003 w/SP1 (Exchange 2000) on Windows 2000 Pro w/SP4. Recently, Outlook has been automatically emptying my Deleted Items folder to Recover Deleted Items! I've checked my Rules as well as AutoArchive settings but can't find the cause of these mysterious deletions. The problem persists even after I uninstalled/reinstalled Office 2003 Pro. Actually after I did this, Outlook behaved itself for a whole day but the problem returned the next. Sometimes after recovering my deleted items, I can find my Deleted Item...

Installation #4

Installer for my access application

Headquarters client error " Local and HQ databases are not synchro
Message Headquarters client error “Local and HQ databases are not synchronized – Some worksheets will not be processed Please kindly recommend I have an existing database in SO, HQ will not overwrite data. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0073_01CAF8F0.F7F330B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Phusit, Has this ever worked? Have you run a 101 worksheet? --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3...

Error Message when I try to open Excel files
Just got a new computer with Windows XP Home Edition. The old compute was Windows 98. Whenever I try and open any of my Excel 9 spreadsheets, I get error message: "A document with the same '******.xls' is already open. You canno open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are i different folders. To open the second document, either close th document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents." If I click OK the spreadsheet is ready. It apparently wants to open the same file twice. Any suggestions a this is becoming aggrevating and somet...

Excell 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: I am using InputBox to permit input to a routine and would like to limit the alpha-numeric input to use uppercase characters only. This is the line I am using: NewClient = InputBox("SNAM of New Client (AAA123)") Is there a way to limit the alpha characters to uppercase only within the inputBox line? Thanks, Craig Don't bother the user: NewClient = ucase(InputBox("SNAM of New Client (AAA123)")) But there's no way to do this kind of masking using an inputbox. Craig Brandt wrote: > > Hi Guys: > > I am using InputBox to permit input to ...

F9 error
hello all, when one of my client presses F9 to change user for discount the keep getting hatches across the ENTIRE screen. has anyone encountered this problem and if so how did you get around it>thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02CA_01CA53E5.9D11B500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Trinidave, The crosshatches indicate an error has occurred. Maybe someone has = remapped the F9 key to something else? --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com...

Outlook 2003 / BCM
When you pull up the Opportunities page in Outlook 2003 / BCM - it sorts the stages alphabetically - (e.g. Closed Lost, Negotiation etc.). Is there a way for the view to open with the stages sorted by "stage" - (e.g. Prospecting, Qualification, Needs Analysis, etc.)? Please advise, BSW ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

#VALUE error
I am using Excel from Office 2007. I transfered a spreadsheet program from a Works spreadsheet, which I had adapted from one supplied with the program. It calculates your mortgage payments. I adapted it to calculate ROI from several variables on prespective rental properties. In Excel I get a #VALUE error when a cell conditionally references another cell that references another cell. I have attached several of the cell functions. =IF(AND(F5,F6,F7),PMT((F6/12)/100,F11,-F5),"") =IF(AND(G8,G9,G10),PMT((G9/12)/100,G13,-G8),"") =IF(G24,G24/G5,"") The online ...