Install question (SBS 2003 prem&Sharepoint+ SQL2000 + CRM 1.2)

Currently I have SBS 2003 premium (and its sharepoint- and
exchange- services) up and running just fine.

Now I should install SQL server 2000 + SP3 for it to be
able to continue with the CRM-install.

I have the updated CRM-IG chapter 15, however it does not
say anything about updating Sharepoint MSDE.

When I install SQL 2000 and its SP3, should I choose
"Create new databases"
or
"Upgrade, remove, or add components to an existing instance
of SQL Server"

Does this affect CRM functionality later?

If I choose upgrade, does CRM then install itself on SQL
server under "SERVER\SHAREPOINT" or can I choose it.

Thanks in advance,
Rummy

0
Rummy
12/4/2004 5:18:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Microsoft CRM must be installed in the default instance of SQL Server, so
make sure when you install SQL 2000 you don't create a named instance and
try installing CRM against it.
When you run the CRM installation wizard you must select the option to
create new databases.
CRM will sit quite happily against your Sharepoint site in MSDE.
Guy.
"Rummy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Currently I have SBS 2003 premium (and its sharepoint- and
> exchange- services) up and running just fine.
>
> Now I should install SQL server 2000 + SP3 for it to be
> able to continue with the CRM-install.
>
> I have the updated CRM-IG chapter 15, however it does not
> say anything about updating Sharepoint MSDE.
>
> When I install SQL 2000 and its SP3, should I choose
> "Create new databases"
> or
> "Upgrade, remove, or add components to an existing instance
> of SQL Server"
>
> Does this affect CRM functionality later?
>
> If I choose upgrade, does CRM then install itself on SQL
> server under "SERVER\SHAREPOINT" or can I choose it.
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Rummy

0
Guy
12/4/2004 10:03:52 PM
Thanks Guy!

0
Rummy

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

newbie question: Need to create a month-calendar view report
I'm creating a database to track assignments. They are tracked by dates: date assigned, expected completion date, draft completion dates, approvals, etc. Most reports are default types---assignments by staff member, completed in past month/week/etc. The question is 1. How due I plot assignments in a "monthly calendar" view/report? This report should display the assignment titles on the "expected completion" date. 2. Is it possible to change the "expected completion" date from within this "monthly calendar" view? Thanks in advance for any and all a...

Unread mail in OUtlook 2003
The unread mail in the default view isn't working right for several clients. Anyone have this problem? ...

XML Linefeed question
Hi I posted this in the wrong ng yesterday, sry. I have my XMLDocument getting digitally signed with elements from my X509Certificate that I locate on the web server. This signing method is getting called by a classic website. The website I am sending this data to is looking a for a particular format of the X509Certificate element, in particular with line breaks intact. I've seen a few examples around the net where the X509Certificate has line breaks...I require this format for my app's receiving end. They say my xmldoc is getting signed ok with all the proper elements, b...

vlookup 2 columns
Hi, I have in sheet1 data like this,just eg :- Ord Part Date 890 123 01/02/2004 900 123 01/17/2004 900 492 01/17/2004 914 123 01/20/2004 But when i do vlookup in sheet2 the date column looks like this. =vlookup(b2,sheet1$a$2:$b$4,2,false) Ord Part Date 890 123 01/02/2004 900 123 01/02/2004 900 492 01/17/2004 914 123 01/02/2004 While vlookup,the date column takes the first DATE occurance for the part. I want to compare both the part no as well as order no while doing vlookup. I need something l...

outlook 2003 #69
i have problem sending messages from pop3 accounts in outook 2003 when i configure exchange server for intranet, even when i select pop3 account as defalut account and exchage is second option, if i select pop3 account as default then i am unable to send messages local exchange server, if i configure the same in outlook xp then every thing is ok pop3 and exchange any body can help me to solve this problem or it is a bug in outlook 2003 Configure the account (POP3 or Exchange) that you use the most as the default. When you want to send using the other account, select that account from...

Several questions
Does any one know if the variouis sets of functions keys can be customozed or moved around. I have a client that uses some from each menu and would like them all together. Any one point me to a good reference on using quickbooks with RMS? Lastly, I have a wine shop that wants to offer a percent value off if customers buy a full case of wine. I can find how to do the buy one get one thing, but any way to do a percentage discount automatically? TIA 1) Search the newsgroup - this has been answered many times - most recently about a week ago... 2) the Knowledge base on PartnerSource/Cus...

Value Pak Installer

Outlook 2003 Deleting Deleted Items!
This annoying problem is driving me nuts! I'm running Outlook 2003 w/SP1 (Exchange 2000) on Windows 2000 Pro w/SP4. Recently, Outlook has been automatically emptying my Deleted Items folder to Recover Deleted Items! I've checked my Rules as well as AutoArchive settings but can't find the cause of these mysterious deletions. The problem persists even after I uninstalled/reinstalled Office 2003 Pro. Actually after I did this, Outlook behaved itself for a whole day but the problem returned the next. Sometimes after recovering my deleted items, I can find my Deleted Item...

HELP. CRM Authentication
The installation went well. But I cant open the CRMwebiste. Anytime, I get this error message: "Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. " Also, in CRM Deployment manager, I cant work on user manage. The error message says: "The server http://crmserver:8080/mscrmservices is nt responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient priviled...

Installation #4

Access 2003 functions
I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have a geometric mean function. I can do it using common logarithims and anitlogarithims, but I can only find a natural logarithim function and an exp function that also is based on natural logs. Without going into excel, does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks Chris U�ytkownik "crhiggins" <crhiggins@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:A7BF21FF-F298-4983-8C03-F34A23E6B2FF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have >a > g...

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Outlook 2003 / BCM
When you pull up the Opportunities page in Outlook 2003 / BCM - it sorts the stages alphabetically - (e.g. Closed Lost, Negotiation etc.). Is there a way for the view to open with the stages sorted by "stage" - (e.g. Prospecting, Qualification, Needs Analysis, etc.)? Please advise, BSW ...

General Publisher question...
I'm trying to find a SW package which will allow me to create logos, font manipulation as well as to take a another design and insert other verbage into it...like using another logo and putting in other words...can i do this with this software? Thanks. mike wrote: > I'm trying to find a SW package which will allow me to create logos, > font manipulation as well as to take a another design and insert > other verbage into it...like using another logo and putting in other > words...can i do this with this software? Thanks. =============== Seems to me that a digital image...

how to sync my blackberry 7100 with outlook 2003
Please help. I have Outlook 2000 and can sync with my new blackberry but now it say on the 2003 says that no application selected. Ask RIM - it is their problem to solve as Microsoft has nothing to do with Blackberries other than using them. They do not write their software. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, davidwshipley asked: | Please help. I have Outlook 2000 and can sync w...

Query Question 10-22-07
I have a question about this fuction Table Planner W-Date Qty User6 BAM-06 10/22 1 CONC BAM-06 10/22 2 CONC JAXM-06 10/22 2 CONC JAXM-06 10/22 1 CONC BAM-06 10/23 1 CONC BAM-06 10/23 1 CONC JAXM-06 10/23 2 CONC JAXM-06 10/23 2 CONC BAM-06 10/22 1 TOC BAM-06 10/22 2 TOC JAXM-06 10/22 2 TOC JAXM-06 10/22 1 TOC BAM-06 10/23 1 TOC BAM-06 10/23 1 TOC JAXM-...

excel report manager #2
I did all required in installation and when the report manager comes up I get no options either under "view or scenario", All I see is "none". No choice for any of the 6 out of 20 columns I want to print. Is my Report Manager corrupted? I just d/l it today from the MS site ...

Can I check out multiple files at one time in SharePoint?
-- Thanks for the help. Not with the standard UI. Perhaps with some custom coding you could make it possible. "hvharr" wrote: > Thanks for the help. You can try SPBulkActions which allows, among other things, bulk check- out: http://www.spelements.com/spbulkactions/ On Nov 30, 3:49=A0pm, hvharr <hvh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > -- > Thanks for the help. On the other hand, you can have more than one item checked out to you at any given time. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. &quo...

Installing XP over Linux