Install problem 07-21-04

Hi,

I'm tring to install CRM 1.2 on a recently installed server (running SBS2003
Pro and SQL2000).
But when I try to install I get an error message saying that "Message
Queuing Service" is not started - but I cannot find it in the service
manager.

Any ideas?

// Fredrik

0
Fredrik
7/21/2004 8:24:11 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Tjena,

Remember vaguely something about this.
Got to the Control Panel/Add Remove Programs/Add Remove
Windows Components. Check out if you have the Indexing
Service selected.

Hope this helps.

Monika

0
Monika
7/21/2004 9:29:40 AM
Message queueing is different than Indexing service - you need to go into
Control Panel/Add Remove Programs . Choose Windows components then choose
Message Queueing Service and tick to install that. Once installed it should
start automatcally and then you can install CRM

HTH

Roger

"Fredrik Elestedt" <i.dont@want.spam> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm tring to install CRM 1.2 on a recently installed server (running
SBS2003
> Pro and SQL2000).
> But when I try to install I get an error message saying that "Message
> Queuing Service" is not started - but I cannot find it in the service
> manager.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> // Fredrik

0
Roger
7/21/2004 10:15:44 AM
Correct - got them mixed up.

Thanks,
Monika

0
anonymous
7/21/2004 10:30:34 AM
U need have installed Message Queuing Service on SBS

0
Greg

OWA Problem #3
Hello, Recently, I migrated Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 to a Windows 2000 Server. IIS 4.0 was part of our OWA installation on the NT server. We ran the IIS migration wizard to move OWA over to the Windows 2000 Server box. Everything seemed to be working well until a few days ago. For some reason when OWA is accessed, it works fine for a couple logins (doesn't matter what user). After about the 4th or 5th login, any user that logs into OWA get a "UNABLE TO RENDER VIEW" error. I checked the Event Viewer and nothing much going on there. I have applied SP4 over, reinstal...

OWA problem with disappearing red e-mails
in OWA e2k3 sp1 when an e-mail is marked as red it disappears and is no longer accessible through OWA. If the mailbox is opened using outlook - you can see the e-mails, but not in OWA. Any idea what is causing this? -- G ...

VLOOKUP Question 03-04-10
I'm using the VLOOKUP formula and I cannot determine why there is no return on certain records, which should have a return. For instance, I execute a macro to perform the VLOOKUP on one list, which entries like: (TEXT)(SPACE)&(SPACE)(TEXT). The list I am cross referencing has the exact same listing (ie I check =LEN and they match, I compared via an IF statement and they match), yet I get #NA. The listing are text and the range_lookup is not valued in the formula, so my thought is that the "&" character may be the issue. So, Are there any characters that...

Can't install Office 08 for mac.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I am now really frustrated... Have bought Office 08 Student and Home Edition in Birmingham about 3 weeks ago, have typed in the serial number which was then accepted, no problem, and the software generated my product ID, also no problem. However, it then showed that install failed because CAN NOT FIND THE CONTENT.. What's going on????? Please help... Thanks. I had a similar problem installing Office 2008, but only when it tried to update to 12.1. My solution was to drag the Office 2008 folder to the trash and rein...

CAL problem with administrator
Hi everyone, the administrator account of our CRM has been running in Full-Access Mode. Now I want to switch that to the administration mode as we need the other licence now but CRM denies me of changing that, I get an error message stating that I do not have the rights to do that. I use the administrator account to change that and while I can handle all other user well, this seems to be a problem. Is there a way to do that? I even cannot change that when I log on to the server... Thanks for your help ...

GetLine from a CEdit when it's a single character has problems.
Hi everyone, maybe someone can help me with my problem. Here's the code snippet that's giving me problems. CString buffer; CEdit* p_edit; p_edit = (CEdit*)p_msgDlg->GetDlgItem(IDC_EDIT1); INT lines = p_edit->GetLineCount(); for(int i = 0; i < lines; i++) { p_edit->GetLine(i, buffer.GetBuffer(p_edit->LineLength(i))); } I guess my problem is in the GetLine, but it won't get anything unless it's at least 2 characters. Thanks in advance, Mike <michaeyk@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d5c97e8a.0309230917.142dd7b5@posting.google.com... &...

Having problems understanding MFC collections map
I can't seem to understand MFC collections Cmap. I need an example please. What I need is to: Cmap<key int, value int> mymap; Thanks, jt "jt" <jtsoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:IfBRd.94641$qB6.79056@tornado.tampabay.rr.com... >I can't seem to understand MFC collections Cmap. I need an example please. > > What I need is to: > > Cmap<key int, value int> mymap; > > Thanks, > jt > > I usually make a typedef so I can use the map/list templates like classes... typedef CMap<int, int, int, int&> CMyMap; now I...

Problems installing WMP 11 On XP Professional Machine
WMP install fails with a '0x8007f00d' error. I have tried renaming spupdsvc.exe, but that did not solve the problem. It is an XP Professional Machine with SP2, and if I could fix the problem without updating to SP3 that would be ideal. Following are the wmp11.log and updspapi.log files. [wmp11.log] 0.120: 2010/06/24 10:55:25.787 (local) 0.120: c:\3d75f72a135b08c2fda0e9328ba9\update\update.exe (version 6.2.29.0) 0.130: Hotfix started with following command line: /quiet /norestart /er 0.701: In Function TestVolatileFlag, line 11873, RegOpenKeyEx failed with error 0x2 0.7...

Outlook 2003 Reopen problem
hi, when i close Outlook 2003, i cant start it again. The Outlook icon remains in the system tray and when i close it from taskmanager, i can re-open it. It s communicating with exchange server 2003 sp1.. What can be the problem? Thanks bye... "hasan" <numanogluhasan@hotmail.com> wrote: >hi, when i close Outlook 2003, i cant start it again. The Outlook icon >remains in the system tray and when i close it from taskmanager, i can >re-open it. It s communicating with exchange server 2003 sp1.. What can be >the problem? Thanks bye... Disabling Winfax Pro 10.0...

Autofill problem in Excel Office 2007 using Windows 7
Weird thing... the app is set up to allow auto fill... but dragging only copies ccontents... furthermore, the "series" selection in the drop down menu is gray...what gives? What are trying to autofill? A single number will not autofill as you drag down with left mouse button. Try right-click and drag then release button and "Fill Series" Why is "series" grayed out in dropdown menu? Beats me. Hopefully someone will jog my memory................please. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 15:23:01 -0800, SteveG <SteveG@discus...

Installing Lotus Connector ..pls urgent...
Hi, I have a simply query. I tried installing Lotus connector on a vanilla machine with nothing on it...however it says that i am missimg some component..etc.. my query is; do i need to install "full exchange" server component before i install lotus connector ? or can i install just lotus client and then lotus connector? i am planning to have a dedicated connector server. thanks in advance, Jack Dorson wrote: > Hi, > I have a simply query. > > I tried installing Lotus connector on a vanilla machine with nothing on > it...however it says that i am missimg s...

OWA display problem
Our Outlook is performing normally when accessed internally. When accessing by way of OWA, however, we can see the headers, but cannot open the message. We can compose new messages and send them. We cannot see the message body in a preview pane. Any ideas? Steve, It sounds like you might have URLScan installed on the OWA server. Please have a look at the following article to see if it is relevant. 320089 XCCC: The URLScan Utility Does Not Allow You to Open Messages in OWA http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320089 Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided &...

problems with cmyk-colored fonts
Hello users here, with MS-Publisher I make a print layout for a professional 4-color print. This means among others, that the font colors must be formatted in the 4 colors userdefined Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black. This also works at the default color black. But at the font color "Blue" (100% cyan, 70% magenta, 0% yellow and 0% black) on a white colored paper and “White” (0% cyan, 0% magenta, 0% yellow and 0% black) on "blue (cmyk-color)” colored paper it doesn’t work. With saving the document both cmyk-colors are changed back on cmyk-black. Where does the fault here l...

Problems Connecting with Hero Points
I am having problems connecting to my database with the Hero Points from my POS terminal. I am not having problems with RMS (POS, Manager or Administrator). I have checked and verified my connections, but to no avail. I am running RMS v2.0, with SQLExpress from the upgrade. I have already checked the SQL Administration and Surface Areas, and I have all the remote connections enabled. Should I install the backwards compatibility pieces? Do I install them on the server or on the terminal PC? Any one else have any problems with this or with other plug ins? Thanks Miranda Madison, WI On Apr...

Problems with ReportViewer and RDLC
Hello, I have an ASP.NET application that contains reports. I am not allowed to use Crystal, so I decided to use .NET's reporting tool. My problem is that the report viewer does not show in the browser, neither I am receiving any error messages. Below is the code. Any help will be really appreciated. Thank you very much for your help. Carlos Private Sub Show_Report(ByVal From_rpt_date As Date, ByVal To_rpt_date As Date) 'Set the processing mode for the ReportViewer to Local ReportViewer1.Reset() ReportViewer1.ProcessingMode = ...

Flitering problem
I have a patient tracker where I am limited on the formatting changes I can make (boss likes it HIS way). I have 5 rows that always need to be seen when I filter (sorta like headers "Inpatient, Outpatient, Evacuated, Returned to Duty, etc"). The data runs from column A to K. I've tried to merge the rows (A7:K7) but it doesn't work. What did work was unmerging them and just putting a "." in white font, but then the header is not centered. I filter by non-blanks. Is there a way to keep the headers centered and also showing when I filter? This is a little c...

new user with a formula problems
Im new at all this and Im not sure if Im explaining this correctly, bu im trying to make a bowling league summary sheet which can tell th players what thier high game is after each week. I tryed to us th what if formula, but it just gives counts. I want a number total. ho do i get started with this. the games for each player has 33 columns. Is this a what IF formula? this was the formula i was using and all i does is count not give me the "number" in which was bowled. =COUNTIF(G10:G42,">175" -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at SUMIF...

Problem with importing contacts from MS Outlook, TXT file, CSV fil
Hello I'm trying to import contacts from MS Outlook , TXT file or CSV file the problem is, when i'm trying to import the contacts into the CRM version 1.2 there's an error "Microsoft Internet Explorer" "A system error occurred while the data was being imported. The import wizard will now close" Whatever i tried there is the same error like this i tried from "MS Outlook contacts" from CSV file, from TXT file... but without any success results. I'm sure that the contacts are correct, because i tried to import them from file into MS Outlook, and...

Installing add-ins to Publisher 2002
I'm a former Mac user. Adding extensions on the Mac was a simple function of dropping the new extension file into the extension folder of the application. On the PC, I've just downloaded several "add-ins" for Publisher 2002. They're sitting on my desktop in zip files. How do I install or apply those add-in files to Publisher 2002? Tools, add-ins, browse... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "geacea" <geacea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8615184-7156-4642-866...

Tab Key problems
Help - All of a sudden my Tab key will not work in a worksheet. If another program is open, when I press Tab the other program opens. If nothing but Excel is open, nothing happens. I am lost without the use of my Tab key! I already checked Tools-Options-Transition key - that wasn't the problem. Thanks. ESL, Do you have a stuck Alt or Ctrl key? Jim Cone San Francisco, USA ----- Original Message ----- From: "ESL in Tyler" <ESL in Tyler@discussions.microsoft.com> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 1:53 PM Subject: Tab Key problems...

SQL 2005- install failed
Hi - I just noticed that on one of my machines is running sql server 2000. The install must of flaked out. What do I need to do to get it up to 2005? A reinstall? How would you go about doing a clean uninstall and then reinstall? Thanks Brent Brent wrote: > How would you go about doing a clean uninstall and then reinstall? Thanks > Brent Your machine have the requirements for sql 2005? dotnet framework 2.0 installed, wmi services enabled ... ? cod ...

Problems Printing Booklets in Publisher
Help! We were printing booklets in Publisher fine yesterday, today after a recent update when printing booklets it only prints alternating sets. So my booklets have the 1st set of pages, the third set of pages, and the fifth set of pages. I am missing 2nd, 4th and 6th. Any ideas? Thanks. -- Keep moving forward. Sarah Ramirez wrote: > Help! We were printing booklets in Publisher fine yesterday, today after a > recent update when printing booklets it only prints alternating sets. So my > booklets have the 1st set of pages, the third set of pages, and the fifth set > of...

GP installation without local sql server installation
Hello there, Currently we have an installation of the Great Plains 8.0 on one server which also has sql server 2000 installed, although the actual GP databases reside on another server. However, we've been ask to install the Great Plains on another server (think of it as a "server migration" of the application since we won't be using our current server anymore) which won't have sql server 2000 installed. Because of that, we're concerned as we know that when using the GP utilities a bcp batch is executed. This batch program looks like the following: @echo off ...

Problem in excel VB using macros
I am new to this excel VB Macros. I came across the excel sheet with macros which extracts 10 heights from a text files stored in some subfolder in server. For eg: Product A has ten heights in ten columns in a row ProductB has ten heights in ten columns in second row..Likewise around 100 products are there..But sometimes all these ten heights are not there.. For eg: Product A has only 7 heights the rest 3 columns are empty For eg:Product b has only 3 heights the rest 7 columns are empty.. So i want to take the last height available from each product row . After that i want to calculate the...