install crm-exchange e-mail router

on stage of specify microsoft business solutions crm server, configure the server name then click Next, caught error

One or more of the microsoft crm servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privileges on that server. Make sure all servers are running properly and try again.

I logged in as domain administrator, so i guess privilege issue is out of scope here .

Any idea/advise/ troubleshooting tips please?  I appreciate that!!!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I solved the problem.  CRM server installation sets CRM site requiring secured access SSL (i dont know if it is by default, if so, ms installation document may just have bug??? )  . so http access (server configuration) during install crm-exchange e-mail router was denyed.
SSL is only enabled if IIS was setup to require it prior to the CRM install.
CRM will not do this on it's own.

Matt Parks

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:56:08 -0700, "chaz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

I solved the problem.  CRM server installation sets CRM site requiring secured
access SSL (i dont know if it is by default, if so, ms installation document may
just have bug??? )  . so http access (server configuration) during install
crm-exchange e-mail router was denyed.

0
Matt

Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Info (March 2006), Introduction, CRM definitions, Implementation, Analytics, CRM Solutions info, Advices, Secrets, Tips... http://www.freewebs.com/crmanagement ...

Constant Outlook crash after Exchange 5.5 to 2K3 migration
We are an Exchange 5.5 shop (gasp!) and we have finally begun our migration to Exchange 2003. I was able to build our first 2K3 server, and have it joined successfully into our 5.5 environment. The ADC is up and running and is transferring data back and forth as I expect it to. Unfortunately I still have some lingering issues, one of which is a complete showstopper. This main problem is that both of the accounts I have moved from a 5.5 server to the 2003 server have *constant* crashes in Outlook 2003. All I have to do is change to another folder, and at least 60% of the time I will get a...

New free mail add-in for Excel/Outlook 2007-2010
Posted to more then one newsgroup FYI Today I upload a new version of my Excel Mail add-in for Outlook. If you want to test it you can find it here http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm Let me know if you have problems -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

CRM3.0 needs to support single Exchange 2007
Microsoft CRM needs to support Exchange 2007 without the need to have an Exchange 2000/2003 server deployed. It is not acceptable for customers to wait and be expected to wait to CRm4.0 is released then upgrade to this CRM version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the me...

Scrambled e-mails
Occasionally I open an email and it "scrambles" into illegible code. Completely unreadible -- see below. This occurs with only 2 email senders so far but one is my prime contact in another office. At other times this sender's email can be opened and it IS legible. However if I save it and then reopen it later, it scrambles on reopening. Once it has been opened and scrambles, to close without saving changes doesn't help -- from then on it's scrambled. I have to call the sender and have the email resent. Usually this 2nd message scrambles too, othertimes not. ...

CRM tool bar disappeared in Client for Outlook
Hi, The CRM menu Button bar ( on the main ruler: "File, Edit...") dissappeared with no reason. When I open a new mail I don't see anything to get the email tracked in CRM. I tried to check in the Tool->Options->Other->advanced Options>Add in specified at: http://piyushmittal.wordpress.com/category/mscrm/ms-crm-troubleshotting/ but I don't see there any location path, so I can't follow the instructions there... I did not make anything yet using the Client for Outlook CRM 4.0, so I don't see why this should happen. Thanks a lot Has it worked at all...

Migration Wizard in Exchange 2003
Hello, I am migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 using the Inter-Organization Migration Method utilizing the Migration Wizard. I understand that the Migration Wizard migrates the Exchange Directory and Mailbox Data to Exchange 2003. How can I prevent it from migration the directory and migrate only the mailbox data (just like exmerge)? What I am noticing, the migrated user ends up with several e-mail address of various type which is coming from 5.5. I don't want that junk in my new Exchange 2003 environment specially when they are worthless because they don't exist. When I cre...

outlook changes hyperlinks in Word table when document is attached to outlook e-
Outlook changes hyperlinks in Word table when document is attached to outlook e-mail. This is totally bizarre. ...

Non taxable exchange of mutual funds
What is the preferred manner of making and accounting for the non taxable exchange of mutual funds in ms money? In microsoft.public.money, Fred Kennedy wrote: >What is the preferred manner of making and accounting for the non taxable >exchange of mutual funds in ms money? > Handling a Mutual Fund Reorg or conversion from B to A shares. If your mutual fund is involved in a tax-free reorganization, your "B" shares are being converted to [fewer generally] "A" shares, or a merger where you don't originally hold both funds: 1. Do an appropriate split of the...

Exchange SMTP forwarding
Hi, I would like to know how to configure an exchange server to forward all non local mail to another SMTP server using authentication. Thanks, David =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgR3JlZW5l?= <DavidGreene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DE97CE9E-2B5D-44BA-A368-CFEC11170D39@microsoft.com: > Hi, I would like to know how to configure an exchange server to > forward all non local mail to another SMTP server using > authentication. Which version of Exchange are you using? I'm sure we can point you to a tutorial ;) Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.excha...

Dynamic CRM
Please let me know that, Dynamic CRM is for Small size Businesses or Medium or larg? It will depends on sugar percentage in the blood?? "John" wrote: > Please let me know that, Dynamic CRM is for Small size Businesses or Medium > or larg? John, Microsoft Dynamics CRM can be used for just about any size business - small, medium, or large, although the implementations will probably be different for each sized company. Michael Cross Navint http://www.navint.com "John" wrote: > Please let me know that, Dynamic CRM is for Small size Businesses or Medium ...

Outlook 2000 E-mail sluggish
My Outlook 2000 e-mail is very slow to open rceived new e- mails or to open the "new" e-mail screen. It takes approx. 2 min. then opens the e-mail or the new e-mail window. I have Office 2000 Premium Edition and Windows 98. I had SP1 installed and it was working fine. I have since installed SP3 without correcting problem. I have used the Detect & Repair without correcting problem. Did a necessary file(s) go missing? Any suggestions?? Using the Detect and Repair I received an Error 1328 C:\CONFIG.MSi\PTC2E3.TMP AND C:\CONFIG.MSi\PT2321.TMP could not be updated...is this...

Import into CRM 3.0 Contacts?
What's the easiest way to get Outlook Contacts imported into CRM 3.0 Contacts? Per... use this way http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/configure/outlookimport.mspx -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Per Moeller-Olsen" wrote: > What's the easiest way to get Outlook Contacts imported into CRM 3.0 > Contacts? > > Per... > > > Thanks. Will try that. Per... "Imran-mscrmexpert" <mscrmexpert@gmail.com...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

Outlok -CRM Mail Merge Error
Hi All, When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error message: A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community for Solutions any response would be appreciate. Thanks KS I had this error too. When I changed the user's security role to "read" Leads - the error dissappeared! I have no idea why this should have fixed the problem. Adrian. "KS" wrote: > Hi All, > > When I send mail merge on campaign using outlook - CRM i always got error > message: > A SQL Server error. Check Microsoft Dynamic CRM Community...

Antigen on Exchange
This question is for the Antigen users. I am new with the software and I am just using the trial right now? Do a lot of you like the software? I am kind of confused by it's Incidents and Quarantine reports. I get that it found them, and I know that Antigen is setup to clean, but it doesn't let me know if it was able to clean them or not. I want to make sure that these viruses and SPAM e-mail messages are being removed. I added more words to the filters, but all it does is notify me that they have come through. It doesn't actually block them. I think the same goes for the vir...

Public folder Exchange 2003 #2
When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following message: Unable to create the required MAPI profile. Please verify that you have sufficient permissions to write to the MAPISVC.INF file. c103073a I have migrated from Exchange server 2000, but I still have the old server running. It doesn’t seem to be a problem with public folders created before Exchange 2003 server, just the new ones. Regards Per Per <Per@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following >message: > >Unable to...

CRM 3.0
Hi everyone, How do I set up Services so that I can schedule service activities? I have followed the instructions on the help file (ie: Settings->Settings->Services) but I cannot find "Services" in the Settings section. Any ideas? Thanks Rael Can you check if your role has "Service Management" related privileges? If you have the right privileges, you should be able to see the Services link in Settings (right after the link to Product Catalog)... -- Jagan Peri Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, a...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Exchange 2003 doesnt send email while logged on
When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails are queued. Once I log off the server everything works correctly. The accounts im using to log on are the domain admins accounts and even the local admin account, neither works. I tried running domainprep and forestprep while logged on as domain admin but that didn't resolve the issue. Any ideas?? On 8 May 2006 07:53:00 -0700, Bbruce2k5@gmail.com wrote: >When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console >itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails a...

Adding and removing Exchange 2003 Servers
I currently have 1 front end exchange server and 4 back end exchange servers. I am adding 2 larger backend servers. I want to migrate the first for server mailboxes to the 2 lager servers and then remove the first 4 server from my exchange env. Since my front end server is staying in place, and I add the two new server in before i remove the others should I have SMTP routing issues when I remove the first four back end servers. Can anyone suggest the best way to to what I am about to do, am I on the right track. Thanks, Mike I just wanted to add. The current front end server is EX20...

2 Exchange Servers in the Same Domain
Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi, Please help as I'm new to Exchange.... I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the same domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to gateway VPN. If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address list and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the server B's inbox? Is there a way to track it? K.J.B. You can enable message tracking... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html CA...

OWA 5.5 with Exchange 2003 Backend
Does anyone know if OWA 5.5 (Only OWA components installed) will access Exchange 2003 backend mailboxes? Does an Exchange 5.5 server need to be running in the site? Any insight would be helpful TIA! "Scott" <swilliams@internosis.com> wrote in message news:OVyMlHGjEHA.1904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if OWA 5.5 (Only OWA components installed) will access > Exchange 2003 backend mailboxes? Does an Exchange 5.5 server need to be > running in the site? > > Any insight would be helpful > > TIA! You might try this; it's for E2K, but I t...

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

Install 2003 with 2002
I have Office 2002 with Outlook 2002. Can I install Outlook 2003 (I bought the stand alone program) and have them both running on Windows XP or must I uninstall Outlook 2002 prior to installing 2003? Dale Only one version of Outlook can be installed on a given drive partition at a time. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:103ctds37ffvnf6@corp.supernews.com, Dale Ireland wrote: > I have Office 2002 with Outlook 2002. Can I install Outlook 2003 (...