Install CRM Exchange E-mail Router with Pop3 Services

Hi,

I saw at last Microsoft Virtual Machine that it is possible to install
CRM Exchange e-mail router to server with pop3 services (no exchange),
but when I try to install on my server CRM not find the mailbox. How
is this done?

0
makeio
10/30/2007 4:50:43 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This can only be done with the Titan release.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Dynamics CRM

"makeio" <pedascoll@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hi,

I saw at last Microsoft Virtual Machine that it is possible to install
CRM Exchange e-mail router to server with pop3 services (no exchange),
but when I try to install on my server CRM not find the mailbox. How
is this done?

0
Matt
10/31/2007 6:02:28 AM
On 31 oct, 07:02, "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com>
wrote:
> This can only be done with the Titan release.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Dynamics CRM
>
> "makeio" <pedasc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I saw at last Microsoft Virtual Machine that it is possible to install
> CRM Exchange e-mail router to server with pop3 services (no exchange),
> but when I try to install on my server CRM not find the mailbox. How
> is this done?

But in the last virtual machine of Microsoft, in August, is set in
this way. Are you sure that it is not possible?

thanks in advance

0
makeio
10/31/2007 10:12:54 AM
That does not have the CRM Exchange Router installed on it.

--

wrote:
> This can only be done with the Titan release.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Dynamics CRM
>
> "makeio" <pedasc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I saw at last Microsoft Virtual Machine that it is possible to install
> CRM Exchange e-mail router to server with pop3 services (no exchange),
> but when I try to install on my server CRM not find the mailbox. How
> is this done?

But in the last virtual machine of Microsoft, in August, is set in
this way. Are you sure that it is not possible?

thanks in advance

0
Matt

RE-Installing

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Javamail and Exchange
Not sure if this is where I ought to post but... We have a Java application that sends emails out through out Exchange 2003 server. It's a standard SMTP mail format. What we have noticed is the Java app can send anywhere from 10 to 50 messages before it recieves a 421 message from the SMTP engine. This causes the Java connection to reset and we think we are losing mail. Is there anything configuration wise that could be causing Exchange to send the 421? -Patrick ...

CreateSalesOrder Web Service returning exception
When attempting to create a new Sales Order via the CreateSalesOrder web service in GP 9, I receive the following error: -------------- Begin Error ------------------------ A validation exception has occurred. Validation Errors: - The U of M for the item is not specified in the item price list as the default selling U of M. - U of M does not exist for the Unit of Measure Schedule being used. - PriceListKey is blank. It must be passed in or a default must exist for the transaction. -------------- End Error ------------------------ If I specify a Unit of Measure for each SalesOrderLine,...

Unread mail in OUtlook 2003
The unread mail in the default view isn't working right for several clients. Anyone have this problem? ...

Is CRM a good tool for marketing list management?
In conversation, the question came up on whether or not CRM is a good tool for marketing list management. One of the main concerns is that the by loading hundreds of accounts and thousands of contacts into the database, performance will degrade. (Currently we have about 360 companies and about 800 contacts.) -- Med On May 23, 3:39 pm, Medardo Lacayo <MedardoLac...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In conversation, the question came up on whether or not CRM is a good tool > for marketing list management. One of the main concerns is that the by > loading hundreds of ac...

Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2007 Inbox sub-folders disappear...
I have several users that create sub-folders under their inbox on the Exchange 2007 server. The users are running Outlook 2007. Sporadically the sub-folders will disappear. We have been unable to retrieve them in any way. We have opened a ticket with Microsoft and after two days of troubleshooting we were told that it must have been "user error". The problem continues to occur and I have seen other posts explaining the same situation. Any ideas? You can use a tool like the MAPI Editor Tool to see if the folders are still in the mailbox. They may still exist but hidden...

My IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access the...

Value Pak Installer

Exchange Contacts list
I maintain the contact info for my old Air Force Pilot Training group. I would like to send that info to a couple other pilots so they can have a backup listing. They use Outlook also. What would be the best way to do that? I've tried going into Contacts and choosing import/export but the export options don't include the basic format that Outlook uses. Mail merge seems to be for sending mass mailings. There may be an easier way than this, but . . . Create a PST file (if using 2007, make sure the PST file is 2000 compatible), Copy the contacts folder to the PST file, Emai...

Unable to access different views within CRM
My client is using Windows XP Pro with Internet Explorer 6. She can log onto the web-client and access my opportunties, my contacts, my leads etc. When she attempts to change views i.e. all opportunities she receives an error message 'an error has occured, please contact your system admin'. Please help!!!! ...

Exchange 2003 ESM errors
when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System Manager I am receiving the following error; The operation failed due to an invalid format in the HTTP request. Verify that the host header is correct for the virtual server. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated; tim Tim, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282125 E "TimW" <tim.watson@republink.com> wrote in message news:05a501c3c34e$ca07a570$a101280a@phx.gbl... > when trying to open Public Folders in teh Exchange System > Manager I am receiving the following error; &...

Using TabTag with Exchange mailbox
I am trying to get TabTag to operate on the contact, task and calendar folders in my Microsoft Exchange mailbox. The only portion of the Exchange server to which I have access is the mailbox. How would I do this? I am currently using the free, single-user version of TabTag and have no objection to buying the paid version if that's what it takes. Many thanks. Perhaps you should ask the good folks at TabTag?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jum...

HELP. CRM Authentication
The installation went well. But I cant open the CRMwebiste. Anytime, I get this error message: "Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. " Also, in CRM Deployment manager, I cant work on user manage. The error message says: "The server http://crmserver:8080/mscrmservices is nt responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient priviled...

Installation #4

Not getting all of my e-mails
For some reason, I am not getting some of my e-mails. Friends say they are getting a message about being rejected. A site that used to send daily updates on job info is also not coming through. I still get some e-mails and even some junk mail. This is killing my job search. I've checked to see if they are blocked and they are not. Please help? What's happened? How can I fix this. Without the return message your friends are getting it is hard to tell. Also post your configuration; Outlook version and mail account type -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com...

CRM Cannot Go Online -- Button Doesn't Work
CRM Go-Onlie Button Doesn't Work . I have a client whose go-online button doesnt' work. We are running CRM 3.0 on Rollup 1 and service pack 2 with Office 2003. We do have an exchange server 2007. Thank you, Tishaa When you say the button doesn't work, do you mean that clicking on the button produces no result, or that errors occur during the Go Online process? If clicking the button produces no result, try opening Advanced Find or a new phone call record from the toolbar. If those also don't work, then check to make sure the CRM add-in is not disabled: in Outlo...

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

How do I view a foreign language in an e-mail?
I used to be able to use a decode option for a Chinese font I received in Outlook express. Ever since I upgraded to MS office 2007 and used Outlook I am not able to display foreign characters such as Chinese. Can someone help me? ...

POP3 Clients with Exchange Mailboxes
Hi, I have Exchange 2k3 environment. Now I have to add new users with mailboxes. These users cannot use standard connectivity. They will need to use pop3 accounts on my exchange server. Furthermore these users have user accounts in a child domain of the domain where the exchange sits. These users NEED to have mailboxes in exchange for logging purposes. The exchange server needs to pickup mail for these users externally and deliver it to the users mailbox. When sending it should do the same? Any pointers on how to setup this? Kind regards david In news:OzZqocf7GHA.568@TK2MSFTNGP05....