Incoming emails are not tracking

I have CRM 3.0 and Exchange 2003.  I have email tracking turned on.  At the
moment I am only using the web client to test the system.  When I send mail
it creates an activity and adds the tracking token just fine.  However, when
I reply, the emails do go to the users box and forward to the CRM mailbox,
but no activities are created, eventhough the token is in tact.  Does anyone
have any idea why this may be happening.  It is important that I track
incoming emails.  Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

check event logs on the exchange server...it may be that the router is
having a problem contacting the crm server

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"bpro" <bpro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have CRM 3.0 and Exchange 2003.  I have email tracking turned on.  At the
> moment I am only using the web client to test the system.  When I send
> mail
> it creates an activity and adds the tracking token just fine.  However,
> when
> I reply, the emails do go to the users box and forward to the CRM mailbox,
> but no activities are created, eventhough the token is in tact.  Does
> anyone
> have any idea why this may be happening.  It is important that I track
> incoming emails.  Thanks.

0
John

EMail Rejection ... sometimes
Hi Everyone, About 1 month ago we migrated from a W2K/Exchange 5.5 server to a W2K3/Exchange 2003 server. The 5.5 server has been deprecated. From time to time, incoming messages are being rejected from users that at times they come thru. I'm suspecting a DNS problem but really don't have any idea of what is going on. Again, we have received emails from this user many times and this is happening with several users randomly. Here is a sample of what one of those users is getting when the message gets rejected by our server: Reporting-MTA: dns;mtlsmtp.bis.adp.com Received-From...

Email Export from Outlook to Windows Live Mail
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 that I have been unable to fix. the problem is that Outlook 2007 crashes randomly and often. The Office Diagnostic program finds nothing wrong and all of the add-ons have been disabled. The only other recommendations I have found is to uninstall Outlook and reinstall Outlook. I have decided to use Windows Live Mail since I plan to migrate to Windows 7 in the near future and Outlook is not part of Windows 7. I have thus far exported Outlook contacts to WLM without a problem, but I have not found a way to export my email messages from Outlo...

Email address stripping out a period
SBS2003R2 Our email addresses are setup as First Name dot Last Name at domain name. Seems that each user profile is not keeping the dot between the first and last names. I can edit them on the profile, apply the changes and they revert back to without the period. Why is that? Thanks. Playing around a bit and I *think* UNchecking "Automatically update email addresses based on recipient policy" fixes the issue. Is there something else I should be changing so this is not an issue? "Jason Piercey" <Jason@atreng.com> wrote in message news:u...

Can receive but can't send emails
When I try to send emails I get the following message, The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Revamped website', Account: 'mail.silverlibrium.com', Server: 'smtp.virginmedia.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have no idea what to do, I've tried to change the port from 25 to 80 and I deleted the news accounts (both suggestions I noted on previous postings), but still no joy - can anyone please help! Thanks Why would you change the port to 80? Your server doesn't support ...

SMTP server won't accept email addresses with names in them.
I have configured an SMTP server on my server to act as a relay, but it dose not seem to accept names with spaces " ". Is there a checkbox to allow spaces in names or some way to enclose them in quotes ? Any help is appreciated. Sid. For domain space? Or are you traing to name your SMTP virtual server common name? "sid" wrote: > I have configured an SMTP server on my server to act as a relay, but it > dose not seem to accept names with spaces " ". > > Is there a checkbox to allow spaces in names or some way to enclose > them in quotes ? >...

CRM Cases Email on closure
I want to send an email on closure - which I can setup perfectly. The problem is I want the email to contain the closure notes but can't see how to include that field (either the subject or the description). Any help appreciated. thanks in advanced Hi, Those fields are not accessible most probably. That is becuase they are as an activity in History of the Case. If you still need to access those than you may write a workflow .net assembly and using that assembly access those values. You need programming skills for that. For details, checkout CRM SDK. You may contact me directly ...

custom email style sheet rendering in report
Hi there We have issues with custom emails showing up in the Account summary report, where the details are displayed like so: v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } o\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } w\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } .shape { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML) } st1\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui) } @font-face { font-family: Tahoma; } @page Section1 {size: 595.3pt 841.9pt; margin: 72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; } P.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" } LI.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm this appears to be c...

Email desktop alert is TOO SHORT set my own timespan
I do not really like this 2003 version. Who makes up these changes, anyway? I want my email desktop alert to stay on my desktop until I close it, not only for up to a very short 30 seconds. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/off...

pictures embedded in my received emails
I have outlook 2007 and I used to see the embedded pictures and now I cannot unless I print preview, then I can see the whole email. I have gone to tools to refine the way I receive, but that doesn't work either. Will installing Windows 7 help this problem? It is a pain to keep doing the print preview to view my emails. Thank you "zonangel" <zonangel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB769F48-35F3-48FB-9E57-B0DE19A6774A@microsoft.com... >I have outlook 2007 and I used to see the embedded pictures and now I cannot > unless I print pre...

Cannot send/reply email in OL 2003 when Cache Exchange mode is disabled!
I had to enable Exchange Cache mode in order to be able to send/reply email on my OL 2003 SP1 client! The error message: "You do have sufficient permission to perform the operation on this subject....!!!" As soon as I turned on Exchange Cache mode, the OL client work fine. HELP, please!!! Thanks Bill ...

saving email in folder structure
Description of issue: I work in an accountants practice. Accountants correspond with clients via email. Our Managing partner would like the emails accountants send to clients to be saved in the clients working papers (i.e. a directory structure with various types of document e.g. Word, Excel etc.) I know that I can perform this function via "Save As" then selecting the location to save the file. The problem with this is that users will forget to do it. Is there any way I can get Outlook to prompt the user to save the email after they have hit the send button? They can then...

how to insert name in all emails with repeating it
I want to set up my name and address so every e-mail i send out displays it, but i dont want to type it every time..how do i do this? What e-mail system are you using? -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "apples" <apples@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5192D3C7-F3AF-48D0-B22B-CC56604D300A@microsoft.com... >I want to set up my name and address so every e-mail i send out displays >it, > but i dont want to type it every time..how do i do this? "apples" wrote: > I want to ...

multiple emails
Outlook 2002 picks up certain emails over and over again, until they are deleted from the server. Leave mail on server is set, and delete after 2 days is set as well. If it is set to check email every 5 minutes, certain emails will appear every 5 minutes. This does not happen when using Outlook 2000, but it does happen when using Outlook XP. ...

Re: antivirus AVG et email sortant
"Elaine" <Elaine@e-mail.com> wrote in message news:... > > >> >> What >> -- >> ashvin >>Hello??? ...

delete email that is in progress of send but will not go?
I have tried to send a 15MB email I received through my outlook but it may be a server problem as it is stuff in my out box and I can not delete it as it says it is in progess of sending. It will not go and I have tried for days. How can I delete it while it says it is in progress of sending? You didn't mention what version of Outlook you have, but the following should give you the push in the right direction. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm "Delete an Outgoing Email in Outlook" <Delete an Outgoing Email in Outlook@discussions.micr...

Size of email growing unexpectedly
Using Outlook 2003. When I receive messages from an outside email source, occassionally the size of the message grows tremendously. In a recent email trail, the message went from 167 Kb to 337 to 549 to 1 Mb to 2 Mb as messages were exchanged. Both companies insert a standard trailers they put on all email messages. Scrolling to the bottom of these messages, I can see that blank lines are being added in the middle of these trailers. As the message grows more blank lines seem to be created. Any idea what could be causing this? At which point is the message gr...

AD User (Email) for Queue
Hi All, I just want some clarification for AD User/Email Account that is associated with CRM Queue. Do we need to disable this account? I read in the step by step in instructions from Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation & Configuration Curriculum: ================================================ If the Support Queue user account is enabled (it should not be if you selected the Disable this account option earlier), then right-click the Support Queue user object, click Disable Account and click OK. WARNING: Ensure that this account is a disabled account. If this account is not a disabled accoun...

Outlook asking permission to allow access when forwarding email
I'm using Outlook 2002 and everytime I try to forward an email or reply to an email, Outlook is asking if I want to allow a program to access my email addresses and such. I've got Word 2002 set up to edit my email and I think that's where the issue lies. Recently had some patches installed so I'm not sure if one of them changed a setting. Had the same issue with Palm Sych'ing software but was able to correct that by dl'ing the updated software. How do I correct this for forwarding/replying to email. Thanks for your help. Charles, have a look on this site...

Outlook is bugged--stops sending email.
Help! Strange things have begun happening to some of the computers on our small network. There are 7 computers on a simple network. All the computers involved are running Windows 2000 and Office/Outlook 2000. Outlook is not running on an Exchange server--each station has its own copy and receives all the mail for the company. Norton Systemworks 2003 and the corresponding Norton Anti-Virus is running on all the machines and is set to scan both incoming and outgoing email. Internet connection is via a DSL account. There have been essentially no problems with Outlook/email on the...

autotext? in emails
Hello, i am looking for a solution but have been unable to find one. what i need is the ability to created blocks of text that i can auto insert into plian text emails when i enter a perdetermined code, ie i type a few letters that i preset up and when i hit space it replaces it with the body of text that i would like. does any one know how i can do this is outlook 2003? i tried a hotkey addin but it never worked. Thanks, John. Hi John, I think that you are asking about our Quick Templates add-in: http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/quick_templates/ Quick Templates (QTE) is designed...

IM Document error sending email include message error
We're trying to setup Integration manager to send an email when there is a document error. This works just fine, but we'd also like to include the error for the document as to why it didn't import. Is there a field name for the error when it's stored in the database? Any help greatly appreciated! Al, I have done this before. I like to include the error in the text of the message so I do as follows: Before Integration Script: 'start message body for email sBody = "Log for integration of Encore Sales Recep: " & Date() & " at " & Time() ...

All Categories in Income and Expense Report by Month #2
Is there any way to get a report for exporting to Excel that will include totals by month for ALL categories (including those with 0.00 balances)? I'm using Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. I have also purchased 2004 Small Business, but it hasn't arrived yet. If it can be done in either version, I would love to know how. Thanks! ...

Outlook 2000-Probelm to move emails from inbox to Personal folder
Hi, We have MS Exchange 5.5 server & outlook 2000 setup. I am tring to move emails from inbox to personal folder & getting an error for move/copy. I tried to repaird pst file using scanpst.exe, but fail to solve this issue. Please let me know the solution for the same Thanks jignesh On 30 Apr 2004 08:42, "jignesh" <jt141974@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >We have MS Exchange 5.5 server & outlook 2000 setup. I am tring to move >emails from inbox to personal folder & getting an error for move/copy. > >I tried to repaird pst file using scanp...

Things I don't understand in tracking changes
In Word 2003, I'm editing a document in page view, and at the end of one of my deletion balloons there's a little box with three dots in it, and if I mouse over it there's a hand with a pointing finger. What is this for, and how do I get rid of it? I tried clicking the hand icon and then I got these bars at the bottom of the page with the text from some of my balloons. I had to close the document and reopen it to get rid of them. I thought maybe the dots are there because the deletion is cut off at the end, and won't all fit in the margin on that page. What norma...

outlook express saved email folders
I am switching computers and I backed up my old email from Outlook Express. I would like to get that email onto my new computer or at least be able to view it. It is saved a .dbx file. Does anyone know how to get these files to open on my new computer or know a better way to transfer emails from one computer to another? Thank you. Katie, I am helping a friend with this issue right now. A lot depends on your OE and Windows version. I learnt that just copying the .dbx files to the appropriate directories did not help. But I was successful after following the tips in the weblink ht...