Include/Exclude filter in reports

Hi all,

I am trying to modify the default value of the Include/Exclude filter
in the Account Overview report. How can I set it in design mode? Also,
what difference does that drop down really make? I run the report for
an account that has sub-accounts and tried it both ways but the output
was always the same!!

Thanks,
Mohamed
0
msandid (65)
1/22/2008 10:55:07 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

1.In Microsoft CRM,Select your report in the Reports grid.
2.In the toolbar, point to More Actions, and then click Edit Default Filter
from the menu.
3.In the Report Viewer dialog, define the default filter criteria that will
be used every time the report is run.
4.Click Save Default Filter
--
If you find this post helpful, please rate it (press the Yes/No button).

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Developer

msn:caims@techsun.com

"msandid" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to modify the default value of the Include/Exclude filter
> in the Account Overview report. How can I set it in design mode? Also,
> what difference does that drop down really make? I run the report for
> an account that has sub-accounts and tried it both ways but the output
> was always the same!!
>
> Thanks,
> Mohamed

0
caims (1)
1/23/2008 7:28:00 AM
On Jan 23, 1:28=A0am, caims <ca...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 1.In Microsoft CRM,Select your report in the Reports grid.
> 2.In the toolbar, point to More Actions, and then click Edit Default Filte=
> from the menu.
> 3.In the Report Viewer dialog, define the default filter criteria that wil=
> be used every time the report is run.
> 4.Click Save Default Filter
> --
> If you find this post helpful, please rate it (press the Yes/No button).
>
> Microsoft Dynamics CRM Developer
>
> msn:ca...@techsun.com
>

> "msandid" wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > I am trying to modify the default value of the Include/Exclude filter
> > in the Account Overview report. How can I set it in design mode? Also,
> > what difference does that drop down really make? I run the report for
> > an account that has sub-accounts and tried it both ways but the output
> > was always the same!!
>
> > Thanks,
> > Mohamed- Hide quoted text -

Thanks caims for the quick reply but I guess I misspoke when I said
"filter." I wanted to know how to default the drop-down box on top of
the Account Overview report (and others) labeled Sub-Accounts which
says Include/Exclude.

Mohamed
0
msandid (65)

Enable auto filter for Excel spreadsheet
Hello. I have excel.h in my application which has tons of nice functions. However, I cannot make the autofilter work for me. I just want to have the combo box show up for me in the excel sheets programmatically. (the same results as we click meny Data->filter->Autofilter) The following is my code: objSheet.SetEnableAutoFilter(TRUE); range= objSheet.GetRange(COleVariant(_T("A2")), COleVariant(_T("E5"))); range.Select(); // range.AutoFilter(COleVariant((short)1), COleVariant(_T("=")), vtMissing,COleVariant(_T("<>")), vtMissing); r...

Delivery Order Report Print
I am using Access 2000 I have linked tables to generate a report. I have a form from which I want to print the report. The cache is I want to print that particular record the form refers to. I am getting the report but it shows all the records and I have to go through all of them to find the particular page/record I want to print. Pls help me... Or if you can pls provide me any good side that can help me brush up my Access knowledge. Check this link http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0002.htm. If your primary key value is text, you may need to change the code to something like: strWh...

Reporting Error
This error is prompting when i am trying to access the Reports tag in the crm externally. Unable to find part of the path:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb\ReportServer\ReportServices.asmx." Please Any Suggestions? ...

Report Writer Text Spacing Problems While Modifying a PO form
Due to Report Writer static text field size limitations, I am forced to try to use two adjacent text fields to complete a sentence. I am having an inordinate amout of problems trying to get words to align in sentences with the correct amount of character spacing between words that span the text field boundaries. And, the process of toggling between Report Writer and Dyamics to get the Purchase Order form to reprint is time consuming. What am I missing (besides patience)? -- Jay Jay, 1) Setup a calculated field for your static text. Set the result type to String, and use the Constant...

XmlResolver and xsl:include
Have been doing a fair amount of reading but at this point no joy. The scenario is - XSL template is stored within db. - Template has a xsl:include statement as <xsl:include href="inc.template.methods.xsl"/> I now I have to pass a resolver when I use the load method so that it understands the xsl include as in: ' object template is custom class to retrieve templates from the db dim template as new objTemplate dim myresolver as xmlresolver dim mytransfrom as xmltransform ' template.xmlDocRunTime returns a xmldocument object mytransform.load(template.xmlDocRunTim...

Profit margin field in report
Hi Can anyone provide a copy of the Reports > Items > Price List report with a column for profit margin, calculated from the 'Cost' & 'Price' fields Many thanks Hi Jeff Many thanks for that - we don't deserve you. I don't wish to be a pest, but is there any way of having another column with PM calculated without the sales tax? i.e. derived from (price - sales tax) and cost Also can you reccommend a site or book where I can learn to edit the Active reports myself. Many thanks again "Jeff" wrote: > Connawarra, > > Try this one at...

In Access, How do I hide records, but include them in the total
I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets. xeoimom wrote: >I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and >comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but >give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way >I want, with total count, but ...

Excel 2000 does not filter well
Hello All: I am finding out that Excel 2000 is not doing a good job with filters when it comes to cells with large amounts of text. I just wanted to see if this is others' experience as well, not me doing something wrong. Comments appreciated. Deguza I'm assuming youre using AutoFilter. This will only display 1000 different entries in the drop down list, although it will filter the whole column of what can be seen. Advanced Filter is an option, Look here on Debra Dalgleish's site, she is the expert on this subject, http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html Regards, Alan...

#includes
I'm looking over my files this evening, and I'm noticing that some of my #includes (of my own header files) are in my .h files, while some are in my ..cpp files. Sometimes I have used incomplete class declarations as well. I have tried to find some good reading to help me understand this whole thing, but haven't so far. Could I get a bit of advice on this? I don't know if this is related, but one of my source files won't give me any of those "smart tips" when the cursor passes over various objects, unless it is something that I have declared in that file itsel...

Outlook 2003
More than 50% of my contacts do not have email addresses, so it therefore clutters the Address book unnecessarily. Is there anyway to allow the address book (the popup which appears when clicking on "To:") to only show contacts that have email addresses? I can use categories to assign contacts as ValidEmailUser, but I can't seem to find a way to force the address book popup form, to show based on a category. Thanks. That's odd. I have never seen the Outlook Address Book display Contacts without electronic addresses. It simply won't do that. Do these Contacts ...

Including MDA information in transaction edit reports
GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task? I have coded this once for a customer. The only method that can work seamlessly is a Dexterity customisation which uses a trigger to add extra lines into the temporary table used for the report just prior to printing. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...

Exchange 2003 email filtering
I received a request to begin blocking all non-business related emails. If possible I would like to use some type of whitelist and have the ability to apply the setting based on some type of group membership. Any suggestions? Thanks. Adam Choose one of many antispam products. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598308BA-F410-4C60-B063-2AB31D709EFC@microsoft.com... >I received a request to begin blocking all non-business related emails. If > possi...

M06 monthly report failure
Whenever I try to run a monthly report, Money suffers a hard crash at the point when it's "Calculating the value of my assets and liabilities". A box appears on the page that says "To view the reports your accounts must contain transactions." and it suggests I connect to my bank to download some. Then the Microsoft Money Error Reporting box pops up and says "We're sorry, but Microsoft Money has experience an internal error and will have to restart.". After clicking "tell" or "don't tell", Money closes and reopens. Has anyone ...

copy contents including colour
Hi In cells A1:B73 I have a list of contacts which are colour coded. What I want to be able to do is to be able to enter the name of 1 of the contacts in lets say G1 and it will search for that name in A1:B73 and automatically copy its colour code over. Many thanks for any help. Al Hi, I'm assuming that the colour codeing isn't a result of conditional formatting and it's simply a fill colour. To do this you need VB. Alt+F11 to open vb editor. Double click the worksheet that this data are on and paste the code in on the right. Close VB editor and type your name...

Remove Filter
HiWhat is the VBA code equivalent of the RemoveFilter command?ThanksRegards Set the FilterOn property of the form to False: Me.FilterOn = Falseor: Forms![Form1].FilterOn = FalseIt is a good idea to explicitly save the record before any operation that requires it to be saved, so: If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False-- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western AustraliaTips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.htmlReply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org."John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in messagenews:ujfxeTCbHHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.g...

Crystal reports hangup
Hello, While creating a report in Crystal Reports 9.2.2 using the Crystal Reports Wizard, Crystal just seems to hang indefinitely. I'm not even sure where to start to give you guys the information necessary to troubleshoot this. I've looked at so many aspects and potential solutions to no avail that I have now lost complete track. I am using Crystal Reports 9.2.2 on an SBS 2000 machine. Any ideas? Hi Krista If you look in System in Event viewer, are there any relevant errors occuring when you try to run the reports? Regards Dan "Krista" wrote: > Hello, &...

opening report with filter
I am trying to open the report "hitchartrpt" With it being filtered on "opponent", "season" and "team" I have a filter form and on that form there are 3 list boxes. season is single select, both opponent and team are multi select list boxes. For both multi select list boxes I have written some code that enters the values of the multi select list boxes into data as follows (ex: "Hawaii","Texas") this data is entered into the control [opponentselected] and [teamselected] for the respective list boxes. Here is the code that I hav...

Include a button on toolbar to include/exclude original text when.
When replying/forwarding a message you must go to thru several screens to change your base setting or highlight and delete the message. Add an optional button that would allow you to include/exclude as each message is opened for reply/forwarding. ...

SQL Reporting services error
I just installed SQL Reporting services. CRM is OK but when I try to access the reporting services web pages I get... Server Error in '/SQLReports' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Assembly microsoft.crm.platform.types.dll security permission grant set is incompatible betw...

reports performance
Recently I ran into a strange behavior: the stored proc that makes up the report, runs much slower in sql mgmt studio than the report itself from ReportManager. Usually it's the other way around. We have sql 2008 server egine w/ RS 2008. Anyone runs into this before? Thanks, Thanh Nguyen I would compare an executuion plans of both "Thanh Nguyen" <ThanhNguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D679721-FE76-4AEC-94AC-CA48EE5D9131@microsoft.com... > Recently I ran into a strange behavior: > the stored proc that makes up the r...

Including Images in Excel Report Builder
We have a client that is attaching jpgs to the item maintenance window in GP and they want an Excel Report Builder report of each inventory item along with its image. It seems that the file name is stored in hex format. Is it possible to include a reference to the image location in an Excel Report Builder report, so the report can include the image inside of Excel? Thanks ...

Protection and Filtering
Hi, Have formulas in an Excel sheet. Protected the sheet to avoid changing formulas by mistake or deleting them. The problem now is that Auto Filter doesn't work!! Any solution?? Using Excel 2003 Tools|Protection|Protect sheet Make sure you check the "allow autofilter" option. Khalil handal wrote: > > Hi, > Have formulas in an Excel sheet. Protected the sheet to avoid changing > formulas by mistake or deleting them. > The problem now is that Auto Filter doesn't work!! > Any solution?? > Using Excel 2003 -- Dave Peterson Hi, did what you said b...

#include
Is there a way I can view a text version of my files AFTER the #includes have been processed? I tried using the different switches I found in the documentation for use with cl.exe, but I seem to get everything except what I'm looking for. Example Follows this is what I have before:********************************** //NoClass.h (header file class NoClas void DoSomething() //NoClass.cpp (implementation file #include "NoClass.h CWinSomething *pwsSomething this is what I'm trying to see after:************************************ //NoClass.cpp (implementation file //No...

how do i set up a spam filter in outlook express
i have outlook express. how cani control the amount of spam i get? "phylrock" <phylrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8FD4D13-9233-4FA0-8961-06FC88BB622E@microsoft.com... >i have outlook express. how cani control the amount of spam i get? For Outlook Express support, you'll want to ask in the microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general newsgroup. Since you're also using the web based newsreader rather than outlook express, you might want to use http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpr...

Missing Filtered Data
Hallo my friend, Do anybody out there know why when i filter my data, the result is incomplete? Let say I have a huge data, 50 width x 300,000 column. When I filtering one column, example birth date or amount paid - some data is missing. In actual data it exist but when filtering, it missing. Could it happen because of Excel cannot calculate when the data/listing is exceed his limit or something else? If you mean that in the autofilter drop-down list you are not seeing all the different values, see this advice: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Dav...