Inactive records in the "Look up records" dialogue (CRM 4.0)

Due to "dirty import data" I have a lot of duplicates in my CRM
system. These have all been deactivated (but not merged) until they
can be evaluated and deleted.

Unfortunately, when I use "Advanced find" and use account name as a
criteria, *all* accounts show up in the "Look up records" dialogue box
- regardless of status.

Is there any way to ensure only active accounts show up in this
dialogue box?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Dec 4, 2:29=A0am, "maria.elmv...@gmail.com" <maria.elmv...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Due to "dirty import data" I have a lot of duplicates in my CRM
> system. These have all been deactivated (but not merged) until they
> can be evaluated and deleted.
>
> Unfortunately, when I use "Advanced find" and use account name as a
> criteria, *all* accounts show up in the "Look uprecords" dialogue box
> - regardless of status.
>
> Is there any way to ensure only active accounts show up in this
> dialogue box?

Yes, add the criterion that Status =3D Active. Or, if your search is
simple enough, just use the straight Find box from the Accounts' view.
0
msandid (65)
12/22/2008 10:23:31 PM
On 22 Dec. 2008, 23:23, msandid <msan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2:29=A0am, "maria.elmv...@gmail.com" <maria.elmv...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Due to "dirty import data" I have a lot of duplicates in my CRM
> > system. These have all been deactivated (but not merged) until they
> > can be evaluated and deleted.
>
> > Unfortunately, when I use "Advanced find" and use account name as a
> > criteria, *all* accounts show up in the "Look uprecords" dialogue box
> > - regardless of status.
>
> > Is there any way to ensure only active accounts show up in this
> > dialogue box?
>
> Yes, add the criterion that Status =3D Active. Or, if your search is
> simple enough, just use the straight Find box from the Accounts' view.

msandid, the problem isn't that the accounts show up as the search
results in "Advanced search", but that they show up in the "look up
records" dialog box. As far as I know you can't set other criteria
there.

Inactive records in the "Look up records" dialogue (CRM 4.0)
Due to "dirty import data" I have a lot of duplicates in my CRM system. These have all been deactivated (but not merged) until they can be evaluated and deleted. Unfortunately, when I use "Advanced find" and use account name as a criteria, *all* accounts show up in the "Look up records" dialogue box - regardless of status. Is there any way to ensure only active accounts show up in this dialogue box? On Dec 4, 2:29=A0am, "maria.elmv...@gmail.com" <maria.elmv...@gmail.com> wrote: > Due to "dirty import data" I have a lot of duplicates...

More than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window
Does anybody know, how to get more than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window? For example in Opportunities - I want to add an existing contact to the opportunity, but I can see only 100 records. I dont want to specify any character, I need to choose from all contacts. (It is not the same problem as paging, PagingLimit in SQL can not help) -- thanks Ivana ...

Possible to Look Up Records by Initials?
I have a user who's telling me that prior to this weekend in CRM, she could lookup user records by initials rather than typing in part of the name. I don't see where that setting would have been marked in CRM. Has anyone else heard of this? If so, how did you implement this type of search customization/configuration? Steps to recreate problem: Account screen Account Owner field's magnifying glass Assign Account Assign to another user fields magnifiying glass Look Up Records' Look For field = initials of user you're attempting to Find. I doubt you can use the init...

customization of look up records web page dialog
I was wondering whether it is possible to customize the look up records web page dialog as in the page where you can look for an account to associate with a consultant. I wish to add extra values in the "look for" drop down list of this web page to incorporate new entities that I have created, such that you can look for both accounts, consultants, and any other values. Eric did you get an answer on this?? Matthew "Eric" wrote: > I was wondering whether it is possible to customize the look up records web > page dialog as in the page where you can look for an a...

Adding columns to Look Up Records window
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

Add a column to look up records webpage dialog
Hello All, When in the account record and wanting to add "An Existing" contact, I click on contacts and then I click the add existing contact. If I type Jim Smith, I get 10, but I want to also display the state in the available records list, how does one add that column. I tried making state recommended and required on the contact record, but that does not do the trick. I remember doing that years ago in 3.0, but I don't recall how to do that in 4.0? Thanks e Go to customise entities, choose Contact, go to "forms and views" and customise the "<Contac...

Edit Picklist in Outlook client Look Up Records form
When a user clicks Regarding to track an email in CRM, the Look Up Records form appears. We only associate emails with just a few of the entities, and would like to narrow down the picklist values available. Is there a way to hide or edit the picklist values available on this form? Thanks! miss_b The only method to change this list is to remove permission for the specific entity from the users roles. But this does have impact on other functionalities. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Too...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #4
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #3
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

Removing Look for: Account option in the Look Up Records window
Hello again, I have another question: when I click the lookup button of the "Customer" field on, e.g. new "Invoice" form, a Look Up Records pops up. The re are two options for selecting a customer there in a drop-down: "Account" and "Contact". I would like to remove "Account" so that the customer could only be selected from "Contacts": I was unable to find the way to do it. Thank you in advance, Hrvoje I think you could remove it by using javascript and removing the account type code of the typecodes property of the lookup ...

Adding columns to Look Up Records window #2
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window Look Up Records appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 Rick Johnson contacts in my database, ...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #5