Importing Posted Invoices

Anyone out there know of a way to import/migrate posted invoices from Great
Plains to CRM 3.0 in an integrated setup?

--
Brandon
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"

0
Brandon
5/16/2006 4:04:30 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Scribe Software has built connector between MSCRM and Great Plains. For more
information visit www.scribesoft.com . Their integration is much easily
customized than the "free" integration from Microsoft.
--
Brett Meyer
CRM Manager

"Brandon" wrote:

> Anyone out there know of a way to import/migrate posted invoices from Great
> Plains to CRM 3.0 in an integrated setup?
>
> --
> Brandon
> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com

Thanks, but I don't want an entirely different integration.  I'm relatively
happy with the MS integration except for the fact that I can't import old
invoices.  Does Scribe have something I can buy for a one time migration of
old invoices, but we can still continue to use MBS integration?

--

"Brett meyer" <Brettmeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Scribe Software has built connector between MSCRM and Great Plains. For
> more
> information visit www.scribesoft.com . Their integration is much easily
> customized than the "free" integration from Microsoft.
> --
> Brett Meyer
> CRM Manager
>

> "Brandon" wrote:
>
>> Anyone out there know of a way to import/migrate posted invoices from
>> Great
>> Plains to CRM 3.0 in an integrated setup?
>>
>> --
>> Brandon
>> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
>> http://www.presentationsdirect.com

0
Brandon
5/16/2006 4:44:39 PM
>From the CRM 3.0 Integration Guide:

Record Transfer for Microsoft Great Plains
For situations where a new installation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 is
introduced into an environment where an established Microsoft Great
Plains installation exists, data must be migrated from Microsoft Great
Plains to Microsoft CRM 3.0. This migration process is completed by
using the Data Synchronization Tool. The Data Synchronization Tool is a
graphical user interface tool that you can use to initiate the transfer
of data from one application to the other. As soon as you have
completed the installation of Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft
Dynamics GP and configured the integrations settings that you want
using the Settings and Administration Tool, you must complete the
migration process by using this Data Synchronization Tool. For more
information about how to complete this task, see "Migrating Records
from Microsoft Great Plains" in Chapter 3, "Installation Instructions."

0
Meesh
5/17/2006 3:34:28 PM
Meesh,

Maybe I don't understand this correctly, but I think what some of us would
like to do is import posted transactions.  When I used the data
synchronization tool, it only migrates unposted transactions.  It would be
nice to have a history of all transaction data for our customers in CRM, and
not just the unposted.

A tech support rep at MS told me that there was a SQL script out there to do
this with version 1.2, but she didn't think it would work in 3.0 without some
modification.  Does anyone know a bit more about this, or whether Scribe will
migrate posted transactions.  It would be great to migrate my whole sales
history for my customers.

John

"Meesh" wrote:

> >From the CRM 3.0 Integration Guide:
>
> Record Transfer for Microsoft Great Plains
> For situations where a new installation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 is
> introduced into an environment where an established Microsoft Great
> Plains installation exists, data must be migrated from Microsoft Great
> Plains to Microsoft CRM 3.0. This migration process is completed by
> using the Data Synchronization Tool. The Data Synchronization Tool is a
> graphical user interface tool that you can use to initiate the transfer
> of data from one application to the other. As soon as you have
> completed the installation of Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft
> Dynamics GP and configured the integrations settings that you want
> using the Settings and Administration Tool, you must complete the
> migration process by using this Data Synchronization Tool. For more
> information about how to complete this task, see "Migrating Records
> from Microsoft Great Plains" in Chapter 3, "Installation Instructions."

NO, that doesn't work for posted invoices.  I'm wanting to bring in posted
invoices (GP invoice history).

--

"Meesh" <michellea@gamurdock.com> wrote in message
> >From the CRM 3.0 Integration Guide:
>
> Record Transfer for Microsoft Great Plains
> For situations where a new installation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 is
> introduced into an environment where an established Microsoft Great
> Plains installation exists, data must be migrated from Microsoft Great
> Plains to Microsoft CRM 3.0. This migration process is completed by
> using the Data Synchronization Tool. The Data Synchronization Tool is a
> graphical user interface tool that you can use to initiate the transfer
> of data from one application to the other. As soon as you have
> completed the installation of Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft
> Dynamics GP and configured the integrations settings that you want
> using the Settings and Administration Tool, you must complete the
> migration process by using this Data Synchronization Tool. For more
> information about how to complete this task, see "Migrating Records
> from Microsoft Great Plains" in Chapter 3, "Installation Instructions."

0
Brandon

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Using IM for Invoice Integration
I wrote an integration to move the daily sales from our SOP program into Great Plains. The line items are correct and it has worked brilliantly, until we changed our pricing structure. Under the new pricing structure, the price of an item varies, depending upon the quantity purchased. Also, we have FOC items that are part of a promotion. A clerk is able to manually enter the line items into Great Plains from a report I print of the daily sales (this report is printed from the SQL View I wrote that the IM uses). But the IM won't work anymore. Our GP Sales Rep mentioned an exten...

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

importing email

import pdf table

Excel 2003

Field missing upon XML import

Print all records on a report ONLY IF Invoice NO is same
How do I get all the detail records for the same invoice no. to appear on the same page? Presumably you have 2 tables, such as: - tblInvoice (the header record), with fields: o InvoiceID primary key o ClientID relates to tblClient.Client o InvoiceDate Date/Time - tblInvoiceDetail (the line items), with fields: o InvoiceID relates to tblIvoice.InvoiceID o ProductID relates to tblProduct.ProductID o Quantity Number o PriceEach Currency etc. To create a report that looks like an invoice: 1. Create a query that uses both tables, along with...

POsting GL Transaction outside Great PLains
Can anyone give me information about posting GL transactions from outside of Great Plains? Is it as simple as calling a stored procedure or inserting into a couple of tables? (Probably not...) Any information anyone could provide, or anywhere anyone can point me would be appreciated. Thanks. -Cliff One way to do it is with table import. Go to Tools-> Integrate -> Table Import. You can press the F1 key if you want instructions. "Cliff Harris" wrote: > Can anyone give me information about posting GL transactions from outside of > Great Plains? Is it as sim...

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...

Invoice and Payments
Hi, We have invoiced a customer in CurrencyA, but when we received the payment, it was in Currency B. The payment was applied to to the invoice, but now there is a difference in the customer balance by an amount of X. How can this be rectified, without any additional transations. Thanks in Advance Sajid Saeed ...

importing a cell value
I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address ie cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our server (j:\121213\Drafting\Quants\) "105 White Ant" = the name of the .xls B3 = the cell I need to import C6 = value(A34+"105 White Ant"+B3) Any help or advice would be hugely appriciated Sorry I should also have specified that I want to avoid the use of macros. "Kristian G" wrote: > I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address > ie > cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our ...

Print multiple invoice from data
Want to know how ... Say I have 10 data each row (A1 : A10) with Invoice No, Company Info etc Currently I have to copy and paste data row to one specific row tha was linked to Invoice worksheet, then I go to Invoice sheet and prin that invoice, and come back to data worksheet copy and paste a new ro of data to that specific row. Is there a simpler way to auto print 10 invoices by just one prin command in Invoice sheet after I told excel the data rows are in cel range (A1 : G10 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just record a macro to do it and then you can see what happen...

Need a utility to import mail to Outlook via print dialog... or some other way to import proprietary messages into Outlook.
Hello, We need to migrate 100s of proprietary PSTs from a little-known mail system to Outlook/Exchange but the file format of the PSTs is binary, proprietary and undocumented. One option is to leave the PSTs and let the users consult them in offline mode forever. The problem there is that they wouldn't be able to reply to or forward the messages, only read or print them. Not very user-friendly, they have GBs of mail in them. Has anyone seen an application which lets you print a message into an Outlook mail message, much like you print to a PDF file? Any other suggestions for workarounds...

followup on previous post
Wrote this a few days ago ------------------------------ Hey folks, Looking for help/ideas here. Smallish office, 25 users or so. Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 (we can't/won't deal with AD) on good hardware--dual 2 Ghz Xeon Dell with 4 GB of RAM, mirrored RAID for the OS RAID 5 for the mail store. We spam filter on our mail relay (in our DMZ) using spamassassin and a few other tools and use Trend Scanmail on the Exchange server to scan for viruses. Clients are all XP Pro SP2, Outlook 2002, firewall off (we have a Cisco PIX that we know better than some relatives), and our network is r...