Importing Multiple contacts to a master account

I'm trying to get the new microsoft CRM to group multiple
contacts under 1 key account.  For example: I have 10
contacts for Nokia and I want to put them all under
Nokia.  Instead, when I export my excel file to the crm
it turns all the contacts into there own master files,
unconnected.  Is there a way to import the files and have
them sync up under the proper master account?
0
Brian
7/17/2003 2:24:36 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

MS has provided a data migration framework that you can use to do this.

"Brian B." <bbrunson@gpcreative.com> wrote in message
I'm trying to get the new microsoft CRM to group multiple
contacts under 1 key account.  For example: I have 10
contacts for Nokia and I want to put them all under
Nokia.  Instead, when I export my excel file to the crm
it turns all the contacts into there own master files,
unconnected.  Is there a way to import the files and have
them sync up under the proper master account?

0
Matt
7/17/2003 3:50:22 PM
Brian,

Not sure how big your Excel sheet is, but the Migration framework is a bit
overkill if you only have a few contacts in your excel sheet.  The migration
framework is targetted towards larger record sets (100's on up).  The
Framework does provide a "streamlined" migration path for current Act!,
Goldmine and Siebel users.  I just finished a custom data migration and I
would say the cut-off point for reentering data vs using the migration tool
depends on how much data re-entry you're willing to endure, but i'd guess
it's somewhere in the 100-200 record range.

Note: If you're doing a custom data migration, you'll want someone around
with SQL server experience.  Data migrations are rarely if ever trivial.

-Jim

"Matt Parks" <Matt.Parks@removetoX_XRevereGroup.Com> wrote in message
> MS has provided a data migration framework that you can use to do this.
>
> "Brian B." <bbrunson@gpcreative.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to get the new microsoft CRM to group multiple
> contacts under 1 key account.  For example: I have 10
> contacts for Nokia and I want to put them all under
> Nokia.  Instead, when I export my excel file to the crm
> it turns all the contacts into there own master files,
> unconnected.  Is there a way to import the files and have
> them sync up under the proper master account?

0
Jim

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Using multiple Like(s) * in a query
Hi Just a quick one, is there a way of selecting using Like* multiple times in a query in a similar way to using IN e.g. IN("a","b","c") rather than having to use multiple OR statements? Thanks for any suggestions Paul Paul, Using your example: Like "[a-c]*" .... or: Like "[a,b,c]*" -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP paulquinlan100@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi > > Just a quick one, is there a way of selecting using Like* multiple > times in a query in a similar way to using IN e.g. IN("a","b","c"...

Importing a CSV file

delimiting w/multiple delimiters?
I have a large database I use that has our item numbers and quantities in the same cell (example: PRODUCTA Q100, and PRODUCTA Q200, etc). It works for me to use the quantities for formula later by doing the "text to columns" and delimiting by Q. Problem is, sometimes the product name also has a Q in it so the delimiting function seperates it incorrectly. Like: Works: cell A: PRODUCTA Q100 turns to-- cell A: PRODUCTA cell B: 100 Doesn't work when: cell F: PRODUCTQA Q100 turns to-- cell A: PRODUCT cell B: A cell C:100 The LAST Q# is always the one I w...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Multiple POP3 "Mail delivery locations"
I have a number of email IDs on the same POP server. And also a few Hotmail accounts. The hotmail accounts set up separate folders for the incoming mail. I cannot get the pop accounts to to separate personal and/or inbox folders. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? Thanks...JOHN What version of Outlook are you using?? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and find...

importing email

import pdf table

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003

how to contact site manager
something odd happens when i sign in to this page...does anyone know the contact info for the site manager. thx LF What "site" are you viewing this from? "LF" <LF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86FBA0B1-DF54-42F3-9540-8392308FFAB6@microsoft.com... > something odd happens when i sign in to this page...does anyone know the > contact info for the site manager. thx http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.money&cat=en_US_fda0f23c-f299-4019-86c6-e1998434d20d&lang=en&cr=US "Dick ...

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...

importing a cell value
I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address ie cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our server (j:\121213\Drafting\Quants\) "105 White Ant" = the name of the .xls B3 = the cell I need to import C6 = value(A34+"105 White Ant"+B3) Any help or advice would be hugely appriciated Sorry I should also have specified that I want to avoid the use of macros. "Kristian G" wrote: > I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address > ie > cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our ...

Need a utility to import mail to Outlook via print dialog... or some other way to import proprietary messages into Outlook.
Hello, We need to migrate 100s of proprietary PSTs from a little-known mail system to Outlook/Exchange but the file format of the PSTs is binary, proprietary and undocumented. One option is to leave the PSTs and let the users consult them in offline mode forever. The problem there is that they wouldn't be able to reply to or forward the messages, only read or print them. Not very user-friendly, they have GBs of mail in them. Has anyone seen an application which lets you print a message into an Outlook mail message, much like you print to a PDF file? Any other suggestions for workarounds...

Print multiple invoice from data
Want to know how ... Say I have 10 data each row (A1 : A10) with Invoice No, Company Info etc Currently I have to copy and paste data row to one specific row tha was linked to Invoice worksheet, then I go to Invoice sheet and prin that invoice, and come back to data worksheet copy and paste a new ro of data to that specific row. Is there a simpler way to auto print 10 invoices by just one prin command in Invoice sheet after I told excel the data rows are in cel range (A1 : G10 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just record a macro to do it and then you can see what happen...

Incorrect import of decimal point placement.
I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial institution and the decimal point shifted 2 spaces to left in all but 2 entries. Instead of 400.00, the result was 4.00. Has this occurred to anyone? Iv'e been using the software for the past 3 months and this is the first time it had occured. Money or Financial institution problem?? In microsoft.public.money, Martin wrote: >I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. >This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial >institution and the decimal point shifted 2 ...