Importing Customizations and Workflows from 3.0

Hi,

I've exported some customizations and workflows from CRM 3.0 and want to
import to CRM 4.0. I'm trying at the CRM 4.0 interface but it's saying
"Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization
file."
How should I do that? It isn't possible?

tks,

Alex
0
Schwartz (4)
2/29/2008 9:14:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Unfortunately you can't export from CRM 3.0 and import into CRM 4.0

Your only option is to have your customisations on a CRM 3.0 server, upgrade
the server to CRM 4.0, then export and import the customisations and workflows
--
David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk

"Alex Schwartz" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've exported some customizations and workflows from CRM 3.0 and want to
> import to CRM 4.0. I'm trying at the CRM 4.0 interface but it's saying
> "Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization
> file."
> How should I do that? It isn't possible?
>
> tks,
>
> Alex

Workflow facility
i would like to know from MBS if there is a workflow facility for processes like PO approval in Purchasing or Sales Order approval for SOP.. and so on. ...

MS CRM Dynamics 3.0 IPCC CISCO Enterprise Connector
The <a href="http://www.e360crm.com">http://www.e360crm.com</a> just released new product for MS CRM Dynamics 3.0 : Microsoft Dynamics CRM Cisco IPCC Enterprise Connector. This application enables small and medium-sized businesses or empowered branch offices to fully tap the potential of both Microsoft and Cisco to provide a complete CRM solution. Its advanced feature set includes: - Legacy IPCC interface - Screen pop on incoming call - Supports click-to-dial feature from a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 contact record - Captures incoming and outgoing call information, ...

Custom Buttons #5
I'd like to add a custom button to the POS that displays (internally) a .txt file that I've created and dropped on the POS computer's C: drive. Can someone give me the Custom Button parms that I will need? Assume that the ..txt file is located on the root of C:\LatestNews.txt Thanks. I would also like to know how to program a custom button to show the gift card (voucher) information remaining? I know this is within a command/programmed button on the keyboard and/or touchscreen (function) but I wanted to put in on the custom botton side for quick access of this information....

FILL SERIES #3
I am working with mulitple workbooks that are linked to one master report that is to be updated with data entered in the workbooks. When I am creating a formula =sum('[Smith.xls]NOVEMBER 7'!$G$2), I want this formula to fill down the column but switch to the appropriate numbered row, i.e. =sum('[Smith.xls]NOVEMBER 7'!$G$3) but that is not working in Excel 2003. When I right click on the fill handle, I use to get a shortcut menu which would allow me to fill series but it's grayed out. I am manually entering the correct row number to make the formula have the correc...

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

collating 3 columns into one without redundancy
Hi there. I've got 3 columns of names of domains, which are never the same, and want to create a list (or column) which takes these 3 columns and list the domains in order without redundancy (the same name could be up t 10 times, so that name should appear only once in the list) I've no idea how to do this, can anyone help? Regards, K -- Kashgarin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kashgarinn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=795 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511...

Beginner
Hi ! I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought I passed the first lessons) I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100 entries for a table) I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop. Like that: Year: 2000 2001 2002 2003 etc. Plant: plant_1 plant_2 plant_3 etc. Generator: gen_1 gen_2 gen_3 etc. So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant it must exist some Generators. I already have ma...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

Bulk Change Customer Price Level
We recently instituted a customer loyalty program. I need to set the price level for the 900+ custoemrs with these new cards and account numbers to Price level A. Account numbers are sequential and I can query them in reports but I lack the SQL know how to make the change. Any ideas. Starting Account number is 101010 and ending is 1010955 Hi Chris Try.... update customer set pricelevel = 1 where accountnumber between 0101010 and 1010955; I beleive account numbers are 7 digits; To roll back to all customers having "standard "price level use update customer set pricelevel ...

MS Publisher 2002 #3
I just got a new Dell PC with XP. I installed MS Publisher 2002 Deluxe with 3 CDs. I have installed all 3 CDs. I have access to a lot more clip art now but when I select clip art to insert, I get the message " file xxx is on 09PRMCD02, please insert disk". Why don't I have this disk and where do I get it? THanks. Have you tried inserting each of the disks (one at a time) to see if the file is on the disks? When you install the program, you have a choice as to whether you want to install all of the clip art or not. It defaults to "not". If that is the proble...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Custom Zoom Form Not Updating Data
I have some code tied to the double click event for a control that opens a custom zoom form and displays the text as well as the label of that control. Right now, if I add to the text in the zoom form, it doesn't actually update the data in the table. I know I've read somewhere how to accomplish this, but my searching isn't finding it again. The code I'm using is below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Private Sub evnt_prblm_descr_txt_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) strZoomPar = Me.name & ";" & Me.ActiveControl.name strTitle = Me!Label16.Cap...

Compile error in hidden module #3
Whenever I open or close a file in Excel 2000 I get a dialogue box "Compile error in hidden module. Registration DB". I have to clear the box before the file will open or close. How can I get rid of this message. Sounds like one of your workbooks or addins -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Hugh Jennings" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18b8001c44b81$d5ebc7c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I open or close a file in Excel 2000 I g...

import pdf table

ERROR AFTER CUSTOMIZATION IN MSCRM 1.2
Hi! I have installed MsCRM 1.2, nad the installation was succesfully. But, when i try to customization one or more fields this is the result: i create in Deployment Manager new attribute (for example lead's attribute). Creation was succesfully without error. In the CRM i add the new field into lead's form. Save this configuration. In Deployment Manager i pubblish this customization: the pubblishing was successfully.I Restart IIS. After this default operation about fields customization, i try to open the new form for see the new field into CRM's object (in my test lead) but when...

RMS 2.0 / Pccharge / Debit module / Ingenico 6550
Has anyone been able to get the Ingenico 6550 to work with Pccharge debit module? I'm able to do credit card transactions but I'm having trouble getting the 6550 to do debit. I did purchase the RMS debit module from Verifone and install it. The message I get when I try a debit transaction is: " PCcharge debit configuration information is missing - please configure and perform debit transaction again" I believe I've installed it correctly but from the message I must be missing something. I know that RMS supports the 6550 but I believe its only if you use the bui...