Importing Campaign Responses Data in row did not match the import

We are struggling to understand how to importing Campaign Responses using the
bulk import wizard.

We receive the errors:

Reason: Data in row did not match the import type
Reason ID: 0x8004032d

Please could someone help us diagnose where the problem lies?

Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
It is very difficult to help you with just this information.
We will need some more information to give you helpful suggestions. like
whts are the fields, type of file, mapping to which fields and other details.

Following URL may be helpful to you.
http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/troubleshooting/tsbulkimport.mspx

You can contact me directly at my email address if you need any CRM help.
--
take care,
uMar Khan

"DMcL" wrote:

> We are struggling to understand how to importing Campaign Responses using the
> bulk import wizard.
>
> We receive the errors:
>
> Reason: Data in row did not match the import type
> Reason ID: 0x8004032d
>
> Please could someone help us diagnose where the problem lies?
>
> Thanks
Thanks uMar,

We have a number of responses to an external run campaign. The campaign is
configured in CRM and the only common key between the CRM system and the
response data is the email address.

We created a campaign, the contacts were added to a marketing list and the
campaign status set to "launched". All of the contacts show the correct
linkage in their list of associated campaigns and marketing lists.

There are two issues:

i) reloading campaign responses:  Can't get bulk load to work. I don't have
any documentation on what the format is expected from the campaign response
and how to link back to the campaign. The bulk load appears to expect at a
minimum the parent campaign name and subject but should this be the text name
of the Campaign, the campaign code, the guid of the campaign or what? I've
tried all three without success.

The file is simple:
Subject      - this is a text field
Customer	- this is the contact full name - identical to that in CRM
Response Code - this is text field "don't send marketing materials" - which
we map successfully to the campaign response option of the same name

email - email address - identical to contact in CRM
campaign - i've tried the name, the campaign code and campaign guid without
success

When doing the campaign response bulk import we select campaign type as
Campaign and Customer type as contact. The outsource vendor and activity type
fields are left blank.

If you could explain what data is expected for each field that would help us
enormously. Alternatively if you could point me in the direction of some
detailed information that would help.

We are actually trying to run a workflow rule against each of a set of
contacts whose email address is found in an external file (responses to the
campaign) to set the "Don't send bulk mail and marketing info" flags and to
add a note to the contact. If there is another way of doing this that would
help.

2) the Marketing information field in the contact has a date field for "Last
Date included in Campaign" this is greyed out. should this be updated
automatically? If so how and when does this occur?

Thanks
David

"uMar Khan" wrote:

> Hi,
> It is very difficult to help you with just this information.
> We will need some more information to give you helpful suggestions. like
> whts are the fields, type of file, mapping to which fields and other details.
>
> Following URL may be helpful to you.
> http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/troubleshooting/tsbulkimport.mspx
>
> You can contact me directly at my email address if you need any CRM help.
> --
> take care,
> uMar Khan
> imumar@gmail.com
>

> "DMcL" wrote:
>
> > We are struggling to understand how to importing Campaign Responses using the
> > bulk import wizard.
> >
> > We receive the errors:
> >
> > Reason: Data in row did not match the import type
> > Reason ID: 0x8004032d
> >
> > Please could someone help us diagnose where the problem lies?
> >
> > Thanks

Increase rows & columns icons
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I created a customized toolbar that included the increase row & increase column icons. However, these 2 icons remain dimmed on the toolbar & cannot be used. The delete row & column icons work just fine, as does the insert cell icon. Try Control/Right-Click each of the buttons & select Reset Command. If that doesn't resolve it make sure Office is fully updated (11.5.6). Do the same for OS X (10.6.3), repair disk permissions & restart your Mac... It's pointless to chase symptoms if any...

can i reload data onto laptop easily
Hello all, Is is possible to reload data onto a laptop client easy enough? I have finally got it to go offline of course my data groups werent correct so i have al load of record unavailable on my contacts. Can I just wipe it again and reload? I cannot see any function to do this and of course i am not going to delete the records on the laptop!!!!! thanks Una Hi, Una, This might help: You can look at the "Working with Records and Activities in Microsoft CRM Client for Outlook" topic in the Microsoft CRM Help file. If you scroll down, there is a section titled: "Deletin...

Unable to get Bank List on MSN to match my one Money
At one point I was able to download transactions automatically from my bank, Huntington. They are available on the Financial Institution list, but not on my computer. Under download reports, it mentions and error: Money encountered an error processing the downloaded file: SMRTINET.INI ...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

How to filter rows with commom N�'s in any column
Hello, How is it posible to filter the common N� that may appear in an coloumn Examlpe: Coloumn:A B C D E F Row1: 2 6 8 10 15 20 Row2: 1 2 5 16 25 30 Row3: 4 8 12 19 45 48 Row4: 2 4 15 20 25 28 Row5: 6 9 19 29 39 49 Row6: 8 19 25 28 41 45 In this example I want to filter all the rows that have the common N�8 The filtered Result Should be shown as below: Coloumn:A B C D E F Row1: 2 6 8 10 15 20 Row3: 4 8 12 19 45 48 Row6: 8 19 25 28 41 45 Thank You Moti -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use an Advanced Filter with criteria: B C D E F G 8...

One-to-many join query limited to one row per row in the One side
Hi, I'm trying to figure out two related things: 1. If I have a query that is a join (one-to-many) of two tables which I use to produce a report, but then I decide I want to use the query also as the basis for a report where I just want to return one row for each record in the main (one) table, is that possible? If it is, what 'criteria' needs to be set to get that result? I hope that makes sense... CW If you want to get one record out of a one to many relationship, you have to do something with the "many" side to make it fit in one result record. Create a sum...

Exchange Tarpit not delaying unknown user response
Hi. I installed the Tarpit update for Exchange this morning, edited the registry, created the TarpitTime entry and set a delay time of 10 seconds then reset the server. I've just connected in via telnet to test the delay, and for some reason it is not working. On entering a incorrect internal address I get the user unknown response instantly. I've checked the c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\smtpsvc.dll and it is 456,192 bytes in size and version 6.0.3790.211 which suggests the update has installed correctly. Can anyone suggest what could be wrong or have I missed a step somewhere ? h...

PivotChart data label as a percent.
Hi, This is a Buying Decision questionnaire's results. I would like to show a percent of the total instead of the count on the top of each bar in the form's PivotChart. At the moment it shows the count for each category at the top of the bar. The underlying query is as follows (forgive the lengthy names). There is a main table, tblQ_0, for question number Zero and a validation table, vtblQ_0_BuyingProcess1, to convert the answer code field to text. The query and chart work fine but I don't understand how to convert my count into a percentage of the total 'populati...

Import inventory?
Hi all Does anyone know of a descent method to import an excel spread sheet content into MS Money small business inventory? TIA ...

Summing days that match a criteria and date
I have a list of referrals which includes date of appointment, status (e.g. urgent, non-urgent etc.), appointment date, waiting time (number of days from appointment received to appointment date). Thanks to help already received I can count the number of referrals received in a month/year that match a particular status. What I would like to do now is find the average waiting times for that month/year. For a start I’ve been trying to sum the waiting time days using variations of the following: SUMPRODUCT(--MONTH(Referrals!$C$4:$C$1200)=MONTH(B$2), --YEAR(Referrals!$C$4:$C$1200...

Pivot Table Data #3
I've just discovered pivot tables and WOW! A **totally** beginner question: It appears that changes made to the source data will reflect in a pivot table, after refreshing. But, vice-versa, it appears that changes made in a pivot table cannot be reflected in the source data. Am I correct? Many thanks, Karen That's correct -- if you change a heading in the pivot table, it doesn't affect the source data. There's a sample file on my web site that uses programming to change source data, after a change in the pivot table. Make a backup copy of the data before experimentin...

Importing UK public holidays
Is there any way of importing major UK public holidays (bank holidays, Christmas, Easter etc) into Outlook 2003? Ta muchly. Tools > Options > Preferences tab > Calendar button > Add Holidays. Check the box for UK. "Trent SC" <invalid@bogoff.invalid> wrote in message news:%23WOERVu4FHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there any way of importing major UK public holidays (bank holidays, > Christmas, Easter etc) into Outlook 2003? > > Ta muchly. > Got it, many thanks. > Tools > Options > Preferences tab > Calendar button > ...

Replacing Rows with columns.
Is it possible to rotate table? If you copy the table you can Paste Special | Transpose it to a different location. You could then copy it back to where it was. Code to do this might look like this: Range("D9:F11").Copy Range("H9").PasteSpecial _ Paste:=xlAll, _ Operation:=xlNone, _ SkipBlanks:=False, _ Transpose:=True Range("H9:J11").Cut Range("D9") Range("D9").Select Regards Trevor "OL" <obulay@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c5f101c3b9e...

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

How to export to "data-1","data-2","data-3" format ?
I need to create a delimited file where each field is delimited by a comma and each field is contined in double quotes... like... "data-1","data-2","data-3","data-4", etc Can I do this from Excel? If so how? (I see comma delimited csv but that doesn't put the quote marks in" thanks for any help. J.E. McGimpsey has done the work for you! http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html Look for "CSV with quotation marks around each field" If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.m...

Import Data into Excel2000
While trying to import data from Access2000 into Excel2000, the table names appear, but not the columns. Won't let me pull any data. ...

Unable to group rows or columns on an excel worksheet
I'm unable to group/ungroup rows or columns on an excel worksheet that was emailed to me by a co-worker. It's an existing file so I don't know what restrictions were placed on the workbook. What can I do to fix this problem? If the sheet is protected, unprotect it. You may need a password. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Christine - HCVT" <ChristineHCVT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0BDA314-BE7...

Quicken import report
My experience with migrating my data into Quicken Premier 2010 from Money Premium, FWIW. I got a new computer, so I thought I'd install Quicken on the new one, copy over the Money file, and say Import. That doesn't work. I don't know whether Quicken automates Money or what, but you must install Quicken on the same computer as Money. So that's what I did, then moved the Quicken file to the new computer. My Money file is several years old, and contains info about several long-dead accounts. I was hoping the importer would give me the option to drop those. No. ...

Count function seeing formulas as data
Can you change the count function seeing formulas in cells as data. This makes the function completely useless. I have an array 1000 cells X 500 cells. I need the count function to check on the number of occurances a particular value is exceeded. The data is read into each of these cells by a formula. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion i...

How to import MS Access data into MS CRM 11-11-04
Is there an easy way (add-on) to create fields in MS CRM which are based on the fields in a MS Access database? Or do I have to create all new fields manually? I want to import Data from a MS Access data base into MS CRM by using the Data Migration Framework Thanks in advance for your reaction Regards Leo Rietbergen (LeoR@dbs.nl) If you read the DMF documentation you will see that one of the steps you must perform is to create all the crm data changes before you can migrate the data. You must make all your schema changes (adding new fields); form changes; and picklist value changes. Yo...

Error while updating lead data
We are using version 4.0 of CRM. In this while edidting the existing lead details and saving the data it's giving an error. if any one come across this issue, please clarify me. Hi, What kind of errors are you getting when you are updating the lead? Can you please post the error message. Do you know how to enable DEV Errors? If so enable DEV errors, it will give you more details on the error. Hope this helps! Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/ On Feb 4, 12:27=A0am, Subbu P <Subbu P...@discussions.microsoft.com...

Can't import Outlook Express into Outlook 2007
Here's the situation. user going from Outlook Express in XP [32-bit] SP3 to Outlook 2007 SP2 in Windows 7 64-bit. The old Outlook Express files [.dbx, etc.] are in a folder. When I try to import the messages into Outlook 2007, I specify import mail, choosing OE/WLM but it detects the never used WLM account [I thought it didn't come with win7 but it did pick up the dummy "Welcome to WLM" message]. It at no time asks to choose a folder or anything. Data was taken from a backup. Original computer was stolen. I know of a long way but is there anything faster? ...

Record data on two lines
Sorry about repeating the post but I think I messed up the first one yeaterday! I am receiving a spreadsheet from an agency with record information on two lines. Example: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, A2, B2, C2 Line 3 blank Record 2: A4, B4, C4, D4, A5, B5, C5 There are over 100 records like this. They claim they can't fix it... It originates from a Crystal Report. How can I change the data so each record is on one line: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1 Record 2: A2, B2, .......................G2 Thanks for any help! Dan A simple way is to 1) select all of the data fields. 2) Cli...

Data migration into MSCRM
We are currently using Act 6 in our small office and we would like to install MSCRM. What is the best way to mirgrate all data from Act to CRM? Does MSCRM have a built in migration tool or do we need to use a 3rd party product? Thanks Tony Hi Tony, You need to use Scribe Insight. They have some pre-built Adapter for ACT! and MSCRM (in fact, you buy the product "Scribe Insight for Microsoft CRM") and have pre-built data maps for the ACT! to MSCRM migration. The great thing is that you don't need to shell out $4000 for the full product - there is a 45-day "migrate...

Trying to have this code generate only a numerical value list by rows: 1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11
Originally this was used to create an alpha listing. I use this to create hiearchy and need the code to count upwards from 1 by 1 as high as is needed. (probably at least to three digits). Code being used: lastletter = "1" Cells(2, 16) = lastletter For intalpha = 3 To Cells(65536, 3).End(xlUp).Row If Cells(intalpha, 2) = 0 Then lastletter = Chr(Asc(lastletter) + 1) Cells(intalpha, 16) = lastletter Next intalpha ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Your co...