importing account info into production CRM

Has anyone used the DMF to do a secondary import of data into a live CRM
environment? I know it is not intended for this purpose, however in this
client's scenario they have no data whatsoever in Accounts (they use only
leads and contacts currently, but a different department wants to use
accounts now). I want to import some account data that is totally unrelated
to their existing contacts. I figure I can use the DMF to do this. Anyone
have any thoughts/tips/cautions???
Thanks,
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

Dear Matt,

It is possible to do this. I have done an implementation which required me
to do the import of contacts and accounts in 6 steps. This works without any
problem.
You should keep in mind that the data imported will be put in the same
business unit as which the importing user is. Thats all that I have had
issues with.

Hope this helps,

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"MattNC" wrote:

> Has anyone used the DMF to do a secondary import of data into a live CRM
> environment? I know it is not intended for this purpose, however in this
> client's scenario they have no data whatsoever in Accounts (they use only
> leads and contacts currently, but a different department wants to use
> accounts now). I want to import some account data that is totally unrelated
> to their existing contacts. I figure I can use the DMF to do this. Anyone
> have any thoughts/tips/cautions???
> Thanks,
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
Ronald: Thanks for your reply. That's what I was hoping to hear.

Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Ronald Lemmen" wrote:

> Dear Matt,
>
> It is possible to do this. I have done an implementation which required me
> to do the import of contacts and accounts in 6 steps. This works without any
> problem.
> You should keep in mind that the data imported will be put in the same
> business unit as which the importing user is. Thats all that I have had
> issues with.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Ronald Lemmen
> Avanade Netherlands
>
> "MattNC" wrote:
>
> > Has anyone used the DMF to do a secondary import of data into a live CRM
> > environment? I know it is not intended for this purpose, however in this
> > client's scenario they have no data whatsoever in Accounts (they use only
> > leads and contacts currently, but a different department wants to use
> > accounts now). I want to import some account data that is totally unrelated
> > to their existing contacts. I figure I can use the DMF to do this. Anyone
> > have any thoughts/tips/cautions???
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Matt Wittemann
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

CRM 3 Authentication Error
Good Day, When I attempt to logon to CRM 3.0 I get Authentication Error with the following text : "Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role." this case is happend suddenly, it was Working Fine, and when Case is Happend , i attended to re-start My CRM server IIS, but i still got the same authentication error. i checked that All three services are started . my current production environment Windows 2003 SP2 SQL 2000 CRM 3.0 I have been fighting this issue for several d...

CRM installation on SBS2003 or W2K3 server?
Dear all We have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard along with a Windows Server 2003 Standard (setup as a terminal server). We would like to implement Microsoft's CRM. There are 10 users on our network. I am totally new to CRM, so sorry in advance if my questions sound a little naive. 1. Do we need to install SQL on either of the servers? If so, can we upgrade the current SBS2003 Standard to Enterprise or is it best to install SQL on the W2K3 WTS server? 2. What hardware recommendations are their for CRM? Our WTS is a much higher spec than the SBS & currently has o...

INVALID Product Key
I am aware that the product keys for CRM 3.0 were shipped and invalid. I am also aware that there are "valid" keys on the partner site somewhere... does anyone have a link to the product key information to use in lieu of the CD shipment in Dec.??? Thanks Product keys are customer specific, so no. You could install using the MSDN keys and then put your keys in after you get them. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jimbo" <Jimbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:742FD84A-0DB7-438A-8FF3-6E04B6F88B07@microsoft.com... I am aware that the product ...

CRM mobile express error / CRM3.0 / ASP.NET
I'm trying to setup CRM mobile for MS CRM 3.0, that I want to access from a PDA (HTC TyTNII). As far as I am aware I followed the configuration steps in setting up the Mobile Application website (with inetmgr - command etc.) and the Mobile administrative interface that I can access now from CRM itself (under settings -> Mobile Configuration). Also I can access the mobile website now from any client as well as from the PDA. I get the interface showing all entities I defined to show, and from there I can click on any of them, showing a list of all records. However then, when I c...

Check Register For Brokerage Account
I have a checkwriting feature in a brokerage account. How do I create a register for the cash (money market) portion of the account while continuing to take advantage of features for monitoring non-cash (stock/mutual fund) investments (and downloading info re same) In microsoft.public.money, Ben wrote: >I have a checkwriting feature in a brokerage account. How >do I create a register for the cash (money market) portion >of the account while continuing to take advantage of >features for monitoring non-cash (stock/mutual fund) >investments (and downloading info re same) ...

CRM for Outlook Contacts
Our sales team gets contacts from their clients via .vcf files, Plaxo, Spoke, etc. These all end up being standard Outlook Contacts. Converting them to CRM contacts is not easy. I have tried some utilities that change the message class, but it's hard ot explain that process to a sales professional. Is there a way to promote a contact to CRM??? V2 maybe? I would very much like to do this as well. Does anyone know if this capability will be in the next version? I've heard it was delayed until the fourth quarter. "Dave Finlay" wrote: > Our sales team gets con...

What are the performance enhancements to Crm 4 in the data tier
Microsoft released the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Performance and Scalability White Papers: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5852B14A-394C-4898-8374-CAF5E6479EB0&displaylang=en Does anyone know of similar papers that indicate similar studies for Crm 3? Ultimately I collecting information to justify upgrading from 3 to 4 and our current bottleneck is the sql server. Hi Rob, CRM 4.0 offers a number of advantages to CRM 3.0 when it comes to performance and scalability. For example, support for 64-bit servers, server role separation, cluster database server supp...

Reassigning accounts changes owenr on ALL objects....
We had a sales guy leave so I reassigned his accounts to various other reps....worked great EXCEPT it reassigned all objects related to that Account....even the completed ones. Where it screws me up the most is on orders already created and the reportinig that I have created....it moves those historical orders to new rep. reports have to be based on order owner vs created by because we have admins that do some order entry. Is there any way to reassign account and NOT have it change the owner on any activity/order/etc that has been completed or is in the past?????? maybe an append query at th...

account missing from drilldown, but is included in subtotal in FRX
Hi, We added an account to our balance sheet report in FRX, and it shows up in the subtotal of other assets, but when we drill down into the "other assets" category, it does not show up, even though it's being included in the subtotal. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be occuring and how I can resolve it? Thank you! ...

send e-mail from CRM
What is necessary to send e-mail from MS CRM? I'm new in CRM and I have a lot of problems with this activity. I can't send e-mail from CRM. Should install Exchange Mail Router for CRM or it's necessary only when i installed Sales for Outlook? Btw - (I've installed Router - any warnings, I think that everything is ok) but when I create activity from e-mail in Outlook this e-mail appeared in CRM or not... any ideas? thanks, JP Hi Janusz, You must install the Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router to be able to manage e-mails in Microsoft CRM. If you don't, you can ...

Outlook CRM No web page
CRM works for everyone at there computers Except the CEO. He can goto any other system and access the web page and it works, but when he uses his system the web pages starts the dissapears! Cna someone help me please. IT guy being fired! (ME) uhm,.....you need to clarify,.....is it the web page via Internet Explorer, or in Outlook? do you see any errors messages? if so, what are they -Gary "Raymond" <RMcDonald@merchnatss.com> wrote in message news:9f3201c43454$cddee290$a101280a@phx.gbl... > CRM works for everyone at there computers Except the CEO. > He can goto an...

CRM add in
Does anyone know of a simple CRM like add-in for RMS that would allow the user to track more custom information on their customers. It doesn't need to be anything quite as robust as a standalone CRM application would be, just a little more flexible than the 15 fields RMS offers. Custom screen pulled from a custom POS button. Maybe use Access? Just some ideas. I don't know of a specific add on. If you are interested in our helping you do this, contact me anytime. -- Amy Luby, President Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Partner Mobitech Omaha, NE 68137 402-330-0707(o) 40...

Automate Account Numbers
Hi Can we automate the allocation of account numbers following the rules we set is MS CRM? If yes, how? Thanks. Tony Tony, Best bet to implement something like this would be via a post-Callout. You could have it monitor the Insert events and then assign the account number to the record via an update. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 03:09:02 -0700, "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi Can we automate the allocation of account numbers following the rules we s...

Outlook or CRM
I own a small company and need a Customer Relationship Management software system. Looking at Microsoft CRM as well as Outlook 2003 Beta software. We are a small shop - 9 employees. Seems the new Outlook and CRM are very close to each other - Outlook is low-cost, CRM is high. I'm worried Outlook will stop building CRM functionality in it and turn it over to CRM. Any advice? ...

Apply this important package
--absdhktasofajj Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pxswahlywwga"; type="multipart/alternative" --pxswahlywwga Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="eeorlpvonolalfvnq" --eeorlpvonolalfvnq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install...

crm-mail does not save mail into sent folder
Thanks for you replay about sales for outlook requirements I noticed a problem with SFO crm-mail does not save mail into sent folder It's been saved into deleted email folde , and all of them does not have the sender , anyway they were sent because they arrived to destination. What can be the problem? thanks -- Benito Rosado Milano, Italy Afraid that is "by design". This will change in v3 though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "benny" <benny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA4C564B-80C9-47C8-85E5-0C0948EB6B4E@microsoft.com... Thank...

Entering Contacts for CRM
I know this sounds basic, but we've had to reinstall our CRM and start over. In outlook we went to the contacts we wanted and selected track in CRM. This part seemed simple enough. Unfortunately, we now have duplicates and triplicates of our contacts showing up in Outlook. When we check the CRM side there is only one of the person but our Outlook is showing multiple. We've tried merging contact information and we've tried deleting all contacts and starting over again; but we have the same problem again. Question - do you think because the contacts were pulled into a m...

Import Data into Visio
Visio Newbie I am going thru a process of design and documentation of a SQL database. We have used Excel to define the design for each of the tables. The Excel includes the descriptions and default values. I would like to import (from Excel) this range of data. This will represent the table layouts/design for the SQL database table. The range I would like to import has a minimum of two columns of data. The one is the column name and the other is the datatype. Can I import this kind of data into a Visio object (UML Package maybe)? I would like to use this Visio Object illustrate ...

MS CRM 3.0 and HIPAA
any idea on MSCRM to be HIPAA compliant? MS CRM is not by itself HIPAA compliant. The policies and procedures you put in place during a client install will make it compliant. You wull need either HIPAA skills or a partner who can work with you to ensure compliance. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:uMSx6GubHHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > any idea on MSCRM to be HIPAA compliant? > C360 has a CRM add-on product called: Audit. It can be...

Problem Installing CRM 3.0 Client on Outlook 2007
I have installed the offline client (tried both off & online) onto an XP Pro machine with Outlook 2007. I didn't receive any errors on the install. But now when I start up Outlook I get 2 errors, this is after it pops up with a second window to log into CRM. The first error says there is a problem communicating with the Crm server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later.... The second is An error occured loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Outlook. I was wondering if anyone else had received this problem and what they did to correct it. Hi, The pro...

Adding investments to a retirement account
I have just made some changes to my retirement account as I now have more options and wanted to switch some of my investments. I cannot see where I add a new investment to an existing retirement account. My existing account has always listed my investments, but I can't see how to add new ones. In microsoft.public.money, JJW wrote: >I have just made some changes to my retirement account as I now have more >options and wanted to switch some of my investments. I cannot see where I >add a new investment to an existing retirement account. My existing account >has always l...

Watch that important update from MS
--xflbwxeum Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="edcyayzhmxwehhm"; type="multipart/alternative" --edcyayzhmxwehhm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zqoktpxnciql" --zqoktpxnciql Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2009, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerabil...

Thousands Excel customer details, how to import to CRM?

Notes are sometime invisible in CRM 3.0
Hi All, I have problem with notes in MS CRM 3.0, sometime I can see all notes in Notes tab on Entity, but sometime is Notes tab empty, any note can not be visible for the same user. The user have sufficient permission. Is possible resolve this issue ? Thanx Josef Bezdicka ...

Schedule for the next release? CRM 2005 Date? Official?
I came across a tangential post that said the RTM date for CRM 2005 (or CRM 2.0 or whatever it will be called) is October 2005. I would like to see this post produce a trustworthy timeframe. If you have any clear timeframes from Microsoft, please share. (MBS Sales Support just replied to me saying, "Currently it is scheduled for release Calendar Q4 2005" but I want to see what else you all have heard.) That is about as official as it gets. I have heard the target of October which would mean GA sometime in december or January. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------...