Import tasks Waiting forever

Hello alls,

First of all, I'm using a French vension of CRM, so I'm not sure about
wording, but let me try to translate into English term.

I'm trying to run a bulk import...
I have a very simple CSV file for testing purpose, and I'm trying to import
it using the import feature of the CRM web interface.
I'm following the Import wizard and obtain 3 system tasks, this looks good,
isn't it
But unfortunatly these 3 tasks looks having status "waiting" forever.

I have read many post around this subject and try many things. Espacialy
these ones...
 - check the DeploymentProperties db table
 - check the Async service
 - restart IIS, Async and SQL services
 - double check event logs
but I'm still without any clues!

Can anyone help please?
Olivier.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Just an update to my post... instead of Waiting, the status could be
"Pending" or else

"Olivier Pinette" wrote:

> Hello alls,
>
> First of all, I'm using a French vension of CRM, so I'm not sure about
> wording, but let me try to translate into English term.
>
> I'm trying to run a bulk import...
> I have a very simple CSV file for testing purpose, and I'm trying to import
> it using the import feature of the CRM web interface.
> I'm following the Import wizard and obtain 3 system tasks, this looks good,
> isn't it
> But unfortunatly these 3 tasks looks having status "waiting" forever.
>
> I have read many post around this subject and try many things. Espacialy
> these ones...
>  - check the DeploymentProperties db table
>  - check the Async service
>  - restart IIS, Async and SQL services
>  - double check event logs
> but I'm still without any clues!
>
> Can anyone help please?
> Olivier.
Did you install the latest rollups?

Regards,
Kevin Dosseray

"Olivier Pinette" wrote:

> Just an update to my post... instead of Waiting, the status could be
> "Pending" or else
>
> "Olivier Pinette" wrote:
>
> > Hello alls,
> >
> > First of all, I'm using a French vension of CRM, so I'm not sure about
> > wording, but let me try to translate into English term.
> >
> > I'm trying to run a bulk import...
> > I have a very simple CSV file for testing purpose, and I'm trying to import
> > it using the import feature of the CRM web interface.
> > I'm following the Import wizard and obtain 3 system tasks, this looks good,
> > isn't it
> > But unfortunatly these 3 tasks looks having status "waiting" forever.
> >
> > I have read many post around this subject and try many things. Espacialy
> > these ones...
> >  - check the DeploymentProperties db table
> >  - check the Async service
> >  - restart IIS, Async and SQL services
> >  - double check event logs
> > but I'm still without any clues!
> >
> > Can anyone help please?
> > Olivier.
0
Dossies (19)
8/26/2009 8:13:10 AM
Hi Olivier,

Switch language to English in the Outlook client (or web client), import,
and then switch back to French.

I had the exact same problem in the Swedish version, and this helped me.

Regards
Johan

"Olivier Pinette" wrote:

> Hello alls,
>
> First of all, I'm using a French vension of CRM, so I'm not sure about
> wording, but let me try to translate into English term.
>
> I'm trying to run a bulk import...
> I have a very simple CSV file for testing purpose, and I'm trying to import
> it using the import feature of the CRM web interface.
> I'm following the Import wizard and obtain 3 system tasks, this looks good,
> isn't it
> But unfortunatly these 3 tasks looks having status "waiting" forever.
>
> I have read many post around this subject and try many things. Espacialy
> these ones...
>  - check the DeploymentProperties db table
>  - check the Async service
>  - restart IIS, Async and SQL services
>  - double check event logs
> but I'm still without any clues!
>
> Can anyone help please?
> Olivier.
Yes Rollups 5 is installed

"Dossies" wrote:

> Did you install the latest rollups?
>
> Regards,
> Kevin Dosseray
>

> "Olivier Pinette" wrote:
>
> > Just an update to my post... instead of Waiting, the status could be
> > "Pending" or else
> >
> > "Olivier Pinette" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello alls,
> > >
> > > First of all, I'm using a French vension of CRM, so I'm not sure about
> > > wording, but let me try to translate into English term.
> > >
> > > I'm trying to run a bulk import...
> > > I have a very simple CSV file for testing purpose, and I'm trying to import
> > > it using the import feature of the CRM web interface.
> > > I'm following the Import wizard and obtain 3 system tasks, this looks good,
> > > isn't it
> > > But unfortunatly these 3 tasks looks having status "waiting" forever.
> > >
> > > I have read many post around this subject and try many things. Espacialy
> > > these ones...
> > >  - check the DeploymentProperties db table
> > >  - check the Async service
> > >  - restart IIS, Async and SQL services
> > >  - double check event logs
> > > but I'm still without any clues!
> > >
> > > Can anyone help please?
> > > Olivier.
Hi Johan,

Thank you for this clue.
I'm just installing the English language pack, then I have activate English
and swith my interface to English.
I have clean up all remaining system task and try to import a new sample csv
file....
Unfortunatly I obtain the same bad result
I have 3 systemw task all in Waiting status reason.
The first task name "Import File Parse" have been promote to the "In
Progress" status during few second before returning to the Waiting status!

Olivier

"discuss@miq.se" wrote:

> Hi Olivier,
>
> Switch language to English in the Outlook client (or web client), import,
> and then switch back to French.
>
> I had the exact same problem in the Swedish version, and this helped me.
>
> Regards
> Johan
>
> "Olivier Pinette" wrote:
>
> > Hello alls,
> >
> > First of all, I'm using a French vension of CRM, so I'm not sure about
> > wording, but let me try to translate into English term.
> >
> > I'm trying to run a bulk import...
> > I have a very simple CSV file for testing purpose, and I'm trying to import
> > it using the import feature of the CRM web interface.
> > I'm following the Import wizard and obtain 3 system tasks, this looks good,
> > isn't it
> > But unfortunatly these 3 tasks looks having status "waiting" forever.
> >
> > I have read many post around this subject and try many things. Espacialy
> > these ones...
> >  - check the DeploymentProperties db table
> >  - check the Async service
> >  - restart IIS, Async and SQL services
> >  - double check event logs
> > but I'm still without any clues!
> >
> > Can anyone help please?
> > Olivier.
Here some updated informations

I'm just activation the trace and discover CrmAsyncService failed on SSL
Validation.

When I'm using HTTP scheme task work fine, but if I turn back to HTTPS
problem reappear.
I'm trying various configuration, but I suspect CrmAsyncService don't like
SSL... if you have direction let me know...

"Olivier Pinette" wrote:

> Just an update to my post... instead of Waiting, the status could be
> "Pending" or else
>
> "Olivier Pinette" wrote:
>
> > Hello alls,
> >
> > First of all, I'm using a French vension of CRM, so I'm not sure about
> > wording, but let me try to translate into English term.
> >
> > I'm trying to run a bulk import...
> > I have a very simple CSV file for testing purpose, and I'm trying to import
> > it using the import feature of the CRM web interface.
> > I'm following the Import wizard and obtain 3 system tasks, this looks good,
> > isn't it
> > But unfortunatly these 3 tasks looks having status "waiting" forever.
> >
> > I have read many post around this subject and try many things. Espacialy
> > these ones...
> >  - check the DeploymentProperties db table
> >  - check the Async service
> >  - restart IIS, Async and SQL services
> >  - double check event logs
> > but I'm still without any clues!
> >
> > Can anyone help please?
> > Olivier.

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Not having to wait for routine to finsh / run three events at the same time
I developed a simple app, it goes out to an access db and populates a list box and pings as server. Pretty much how can I do both events at the same time without haveing to wait for one to complete before moving on to the next one. It acts like an application monitor where I ping the servers every 15mins and see if they are up, they are totally seperate Public routines, sound simpel but it is not. I just want to ping all three severs and get the ping times. I have everything coded it is just the waiting that has me stuck! Thanks Your problem is a typical example where a backgroundwork...

excel 97 xml import

Hiding tasks with due dates in the distant future
I'd like to display only my tasks for the next month or so. How can I filter out those that are in the distant future or recurring tasks that won't be due until next year or the year after? Hi, Goto the Tasks folder. Goto the Customize current view. Click on the Filter Button. Goto the Advanced Tab. Under define more criteria, clickon the Feilds and then select All Task Feilds and then select Due Date. Then under the condition Select Between and then in the Value enter the range of dates ( say 3/8/2004 and 3/10/2004 ). Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Ambe...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

Task Scheduler wakes computer on NO TASK days
We have Task Scheduler set to run a task M, T, W, T at 2AM. The "Wake the computer to run the task" is checked as the computer is usually in hibernate at this time. On the days that no task is scheduled (F, S, S) the computer resumes from hibernate at 2AM. The task DOES NOT RUN (as it is not scheduled). There is no entry in the Task Schedule log for these days (and there shouldn't be) and the return to hibernate after the task completes does not kick in as it does on the days that a task is scheduled. Why is the computer waking on the no event days (and it is no...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

task indents
How can the number of spaces indented for subtasks be changed in Project? The current indent moves the taks to the right 5+ spaces, where if it was two spaces the indent would still be visible while conserving horizontal real estate. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0098_01CACA82.2F7E3540 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi kingdg, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) There's no control over the indent spaces. You could remove the = indentation via Tool...

importing email

import pdf table

Excel 2003

Field missing upon XML import

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...

importing a cell value
I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address ie cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our server (j:\121213\Drafting\Quants\) "105 White Ant" = the name of the .xls B3 = the cell I need to import C6 = value(A34+"105 White Ant"+B3) Any help or advice would be hugely appriciated Sorry I should also have specified that I want to avoid the use of macros. "Kristian G" wrote: > I need to import a cell values from an un-opened .xls using a variable address > ie > cell A34 = the location of the .xls on our ...

Need a utility to import mail to Outlook via print dialog... or some other way to import proprietary messages into Outlook.
Hello, We need to migrate 100s of proprietary PSTs from a little-known mail system to Outlook/Exchange but the file format of the PSTs is binary, proprietary and undocumented. One option is to leave the PSTs and let the users consult them in offline mode forever. The problem there is that they wouldn't be able to reply to or forward the messages, only read or print them. Not very user-friendly, they have GBs of mail in them. Has anyone seen an application which lets you print a message into an Outlook mail message, much like you print to a PDF file? Any other suggestions for workarounds...

Incorrect import of decimal point placement.
I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial institution and the decimal point shifted 2 spaces to left in all but 2 entries. Instead of 400.00, the result was 4.00. Has this occurred to anyone? Iv'e been using the software for the past 3 months and this is the first time it had occured. Money or Financial institution problem?? In microsoft.public.money, Martin wrote: >I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. >This past week when I imported a QIF file into Money from my financial >institution and the decimal point shifted 2 ...

Grrrhhhh..Outlook task form
Hi all, I have created a task form which has some custom fields such as 'description' - no problem with this. I now need to import data into tasks which I can do but am running into frustrating problem...When I try to map fields I can only map to the generic Task fields and not any I've created (user defined fields) so i can only import some of the data...Does anyone know how i can map to custom fields? Tia You cannot map nor import/export custom fields. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent...