Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Hi to all,

How can I import the DB or data from CRM 1.2 to new CRM 3.0?
Now my CRM DB are on SQL2000 server.

Thank and regards.
Augusto

0
IGBA75
4/12/2006 3:45:35 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You should really upgrade CRM1.2 to 3.0.  The data structutres are different
enough that doing a migration would be pretty painful.

Any reason not to upgrade?

"IGBA75" <a.crippa@ieti.biz> wrote in message
> Hi to all,
>
> How can I import the DB or data from CRM 1.2 to new CRM 3.0?
> Now my CRM DB are on SQL2000 server.
>
> Thank and regards.
> Augusto

0
Joe

Digital ID #3
Hi How can i get digital ID for my outlook XP. Go to Tools, Options, Security. This will take you to a page on Microsoft's web site with links to companies who will sell you a digital ID. "amir" <amir_7031@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u3n09qz8DHA.1112@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > How can i get digital ID for my outlook XP. > > You can also use http://www.thawte.com for a free 1 year certificate that you can renew. You can also get as many free e-mail certificates as you require for different accounts as well. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] P...

importing Data from access #2
I have been attempting to create a reservation planning form in excel that imports Data from an Access database and inserts that information automaticly into the correct spreed sheet and the correct cells within that worksheet. The Excel Book is made up of 12 worksheets named Jan-Dec. Each worksheet has columns labeled as each day of that month. Column 'A' is reserved for 19 rows named "room1 - room19". The data I am importing from the data base is " start date", "end date" and "room number". I am also importing " surname" which i have ...

Importing into Oulook beta
Had backup installed on outlook 2003. This transferred to Outlook Beta fine when I transferred. Used it to back-up all Outlook files. Have just re-formatted. Now........ 1. Can't install Outlook Backup from Microsoft site. - it says that Outlook isn't found on my computer. 2. If I try to import the .PST file, (not using Backup) it locks up and after that, the cursor disappears behind Outlook window. Only redemable using system restore. I want to get my folders, mail and settings back. Any ideas? Nick NOTTNICK <nmm457@bellows.org.uk.nospam> wrote: > Now........ > ...

Anyone using CRM addons to model relationships?
Wonder if anyone has used tools like C360's relationship chart addon? Any others i should know of or any comments on the c360 one? thanks -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx We have used Axonom's Powertrak product that provides similar functionality, and very satisfied customers as a result. I cannot comment on the c360 product, we have not used it The products may not ne directly comparable, as I suspect Powertrak product does more than c360, hence more expensive Peter Lynch Optevia Ltd "John...

get slide number to start at 1 on slide 4
i need to number my samples so i'm using the slide number as a sample number. problem is my samples start after my index on pg 4 and i need my numbering to start from 1? what can i do "Belinda" <Belinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4C58782-7866-438A-A393-45C29BEC6A26@microsoft.com... > i need to number my samples so i'm using the slide number as a sample > number. > problem is my samples start after my index on pg 4 and i need my numbering > to > start from 1? > > what can i do Just drag the slides to th...

Importing Campaign Responses Data in row did not match the import
We are struggling to understand how to importing Campaign Responses using the bulk import wizard. We receive the errors: Reason: Data in row did not match the import type Reason ID: 0x8004032d Please could someone help us diagnose where the problem lies? Thanks Hi, It is very difficult to help you with just this information. We will need some more information to give you helpful suggestions. like whts are the fields, type of file, mapping to which fields and other details. Following URL may be helpful to you. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/troubleshooting/tsbulkimport.msp...

How import MSWorks spreadsheet to Excel
I am using Exel 2000 and want to impoort a spreadsheet from MSWorks, but I can't seem to find out how. Can't these two MS programs talk to each other? No, they can't talk to each other. It's a Microsoft marketing issue, they don't want Works to compete with Office, so you have to do a "save as" in Works. "BillAtt" wrote: > I am using Exel 2000 and want to impoort a spreadsheet from MSWorks, but I > can't seem to find out how. Can't these two MS programs talk to each other? Thank you; I think that will help me. "dlw" wrot...

CRM sending email activity error
hi, has any1 encounter any server error in '/' Application (common standard crm error page) when sending activity email? for my case on how i encounter this error was, when i continuously create an email activity, send the email for like 5times? or sometime after 30mins i will encounter this error. and after 1hr later or so, i try to resend this email again, it send out successfully. But not always after 1hr this thing will work perfectly again. it will still prompt the error again. so this is not very stable. Not sure if is a bug in crm or there's anything wrong with the crm ema...

excel CountIF function #2
Hello, I have 2 columns in which first column is Sales name and another is date. I want to know the number of times, did the salemans visited for a particular date. I tried with countif function and cretiria used be and condition, since there is two conditions which has to fulfill. Please mail me if someone knows it? =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="Bill),--(B1:B100=--"2004/08/12")) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Rajashree" <rajashree@mangaloreuniversity.ac.in&...

Problem with CRM Workflof Manager and CRM Workflow Monitor
Hello everyone, We have a small problem with rules and monitoring in CRM 3.0. We created and activated a rule that is supposed to send an e-mail to the head of department (he is a CRM user) whenever a new account is created. A fairly straightforward procedure in the CRM Workflow Manager. However, the rules just do not fire. What we see in the workflow process summary of the Workflow monitor is 32 paused processed under the account heading. If we try to look into any of the other views we get no information. We tried refreshing the view and anything else that we could come upo on the f...

Item Import in MS POS
Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS) thanks, Yes, there's an inventory import wizard that does this. It's in the manager application - the help guide will give you addl info on this. "Sachafav" wrote: > Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS) > > thanks, > ...

5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused
We run Exchange 2003 on a Server 2003 box, we never had this problem under Exchange 5.5 and if you do a "google" of that error message, people ALL over the internet are having the same exact issue, with no ryhme or reason why it happening. Seems like a bug in 2003 to me, but anyway, getting this message very randomly 99.9% of messages are being delivered to us with the occasional one bouncing back to the sender. Yes we have 2MX records one for ipcapitalgroup.com and one for ipcg.com, both point correctly to mailserver, DNS reports all come back fine. Any help would be wonderf...

Mount DB Problem 9519 HELP/LOST
Not sure how this occurred but here is sequence. MOM notified us that Storage Groups3 mailbox db had been dismounted. I mounted back and was in ESM moving mailboxes to that same Storage Group 3 MBX3 it & others came up. managed to move 2 mailboxes to it before it went down. I tried mounting it but got error (9519). Article ID : 294318 does not apply we have plenty of space. Article ID : 307790 not sure if this problem since i see .stm. luckily Storage Group 3 MBX1 & 2 stay up but can't bring up MBX3. NEED HELP! Would backups affect this or is this AD related? Product...

Recurring Meetings Imported from Domino
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C583A2.DFFFC8B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Background: Users were migrated from Domino R5 to Exchange 2003 SP1. Problem: When users cancel a recurring meeting that was created in = Domino and imported into Exchange each listed attendee receives multiple = copies of the cancellation, somewhere in the neighborhood of 180 copies. = This behavior is limited to meetings that were imported from Domino. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why th...

Import pst file from Outlook til OE 6.0?
I'm trying to import pst files from Outlook til Outlook xpress 6.0. I get the message "can not import from the MAPI client..." -- Regards Gjermund Unless you also have Outlook on that machine, you won't be able to import the PST files. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Gjermund A. Bjordal" <gjermund.bjordal@online.no> wrote in messag...

Setting up services in CRM
I am trying to setup a service in CRM whose required services are dynamic - meaning it is not pre-set to 1 - 20. The reason for this is if I go to set up a new activity and the service is set to Quantity 1 but I selct two people (in this case two engineers), it pops up an error. This is pretty irritating. If I set up the service to have two resources and select only one, I get the same irritating error. Bottom line, sometimes I only need one resource and other times I need more. I hate to setup multiple selection rules to avoid getting this error. Any other way to do this? Ethan ...

Import Historical Stock Data from Yahoo-Finance
For a long time I thought this was not possible, but I just read a post recently that makes me think that this probably IS possible. Is there a way to import data from finance.yahoo.com, into a table, if you store all stock symbols in a table, and put beginning and ending date in a form (in a couple of TextBoxes)? I know how to do this in Excel, with all stock tickers in a row, like row 4 (or whatever), and all the dates going in descending order in Column A, and each security’s historical prices under the symbols (which are in row 4, for instance). The problem in Access i...

Subtotals #2
Hey all, I need your help to complete a project of mine. I am making project using Macros. I have least knowledge of VB Script. I am creating macros by recording it. I have created subtotals for a worksheet. Now, I need to copy only the titles and the numbers assigned to it. But when I copy it and paste it, or even using paste special, Values, I get the complete content but not the only required data. Ex. I select option 2 when created subtotals. There, I get a list of all the variables with a + mark next to it. If I copy the content and paste it else where, I get all the details which app...

Sync. question for .pst file. #2
If anyone can help, I would like to sync my .pst file from my office PC to my laptop. Now I am using the sync program in Windows 2K and I get the error that says this type of file is unable to be Synchronized. I have done this before, I know you can go into the Registry and change what types of files can and can't be Synchronized. Can anyone tell me where that setting is. It's been a while since I had to do this and I completely forgot. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. P.S. Running Win 2K and Office 2003. Skipper <NOSPAMskippertw@yahoo.com> wrote: ...

Importing SunOne Calendar Events?
Anyone have luck importing SunOne Calendar items? Our method seems to import them but then they end up with features greyed out if you want to modify them. Thanks ...

To those with CRM Crystal license problems
If you are getting the following error while attempting to get into the Reports section on MS CRM 1.0... In my case, I had this problem after I installed MS CRM onto a new server while it was still on an old server. The new server was setup to point to the existing SQL Server database, so they both were accessing the same data. This was for a transition to the new server to give it more horsepower and separate it from other tasks running on the prior server. What would happen is the user would log onto MS CRM, click on the Reports tab in the lower right, then select any category of reports...

Format question #2
Hello. I have a Web application that exports information to Excel. The problem is that some fields have values like "ABR1", "ABR2", "JAN1", etc. When Excel opens these values are converted to Date format. If i format a cell as Text and then write one of these values there's no problem. Is there any way to force Excel to not to autoformat cells? >>If i format a cell as Text and then write one of these values there's no >>problem. That's the only workaround I believe. There is no way to turn off Excel's "helpfulness". --...

Roaming Profiles #2
Hello all. I am experiencing a problem with roaming profiles. I am running Server 2003 and also Citrix Metaframe XP. It seems when a user changes their password, their profile dosen't follow upon their next logon. We have also experienced other problems with users profiles roaming as well, aside from a password change. I am sorry this is vague, but if anyone has any ideas, the help would be appreciated. I am very unfamiliar with roaming profiles. Thanks again, Brian H. Hi - probably best to post this in a Windows Server/TS group - this group is for Exchange server issues....

2 questions one on list/combo boxes and the other on "atomically" hiding columns or rows.
I followed most of the post recently on the subject of list and combo boxes. From what I can tell I need to create a list but I need to have the list find the item and than a price associated with that item and than it's cost. Is there some where that I can find away to do that? The other question on the opening page of my quote sheet I have by columns the floors (4) of the house and under those a list of rooms (these are the headings of the rows) that are on each floor. In the following columns I have the my wiring combination. I have all this linked to other worksheets that have simil...

Import into Word
We designed in Publisher XP a letterhead. We would like to import this into Word to use as a template. Can anybody pls. help? It just seems impossible for some reason to find any help on this. Thanks so much, z In Publisher, file, save as, files of type, scroll down to whatever image format you have in mind. When you import the image into Word use the graphics tools to crop or if you have saved it as a .wmf, you can ungroup it in Word and delete all the unnecessary background. Can you select the letterhead and copy/paste into Word? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:...