Import Customization error 04-19-04

After importing customizations, I received error
message "Import Completed with errors. Please see event
log for details"

Event log has one and only one error:

Event ID: 0
Decsription:
PopulateStringMap Error : Object reference not set to an
instance of an object.  , StackTrace :    at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportXml.XmlCustomization.Popul
ateStringMap(Object Progress)

The problem manifests itself as follows: When in CRM web
client, all seems OK - except when I go to customize any
form - all form tabs are completely empty

I have seen one or two previous posts with similar error
but could not find resolution. Tried searching TKs and no
joy

Any ideas?

TIA

Peter L
0
Peter
4/19/2004 11:40:22 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_03F1_01C425F6.7606DBC0

The only way I fixed it was with an uninstall and re-install...

You must follow the install directions completely!   I decided to setup =
IIS the way I normally do and MS CRM didn't like it.
You should take all the defaults! Nothing fancy.

LeVar Berry
CEO
eDriven Solutions LTD
Ph. (513)403-1210   Fax: (702)995-0843
Step Into the Fast Lane For eSuccess=20
  "Peter L" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  After importing customizations, I received error=20
  message "Import Completed with errors. Please see event=20
  log for details"

  Event log has one and only one error:=20

  Event ID: 0
  Decsription:
  PopulateStringMap Error : Object reference not set to an=20
  instance of an object.  , StackTrace :    at=20
  Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportXml.XmlCustomization.Popul
  ateStringMap(Object Progress)=20

  The problem manifests itself as follows: When in CRM web=20
  client, all seems OK - except when I go to customize any=20
  form - all form tabs are completely empty

  I have seen one or two previous posts with similar error=20
  but could not find resolution. Tried searching TKs and no=20
  joy

  Any ideas?

  TIA

  Peter L
------=_NextPart_000_03F1_01C425F6.7606DBC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The only way I fixed it was with an =
uninstall and=20
re-install...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You must follow the install directions=20
completely!&nbsp;&nbsp; I decided to setup IIS the way I normally do and =
MS CRM=20
didn't like it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You should take all the defaults! =
Nothing=20
fancy.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><B>LeVar Berry</B></STRONG><BR>CEO<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.edrivensolutions.com">eDriven Solutions =
LTD</A><BR>Ph.=20
(513)403-1210 &nbsp; Fax: (702)995-0843<BR><I>Step Into the Fast Lane =
For=20
eSuccess</I> </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Peter L" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com">anonymous@discussions=
..microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:0d7c01c42603$197ff4b0$a601280a@phx.gbl">news:0d7c01c42603$19=
7ff4b0$a601280a@phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>After=20
  importing customizations, I received error <BR>message "Import =
Completed with=20
  errors. Please see event <BR>log for details"<BR><BR>Event log has one =
and=20
  only one error: <BR><BR>Event ID: =
0<BR>Decsription:<BR>PopulateStringMap Error=20
  : Object reference not set to an <BR>instance of an object.&nbsp; , =
StackTrace=20
  :&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at=20
  =
<BR>Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportXml.XmlCustomization.Popul<BR>ateStri=
ngMap(Object=20
  Progress) <BR><BR>The problem manifests itself as follows: When in CRM =
web=20
  <BR>client, all seems OK - except when I go to customize any <BR>form =
- all=20
  form tabs are completely empty<BR><BR>I have seen one or two previous =
posts=20
  with similar error <BR>but could not find resolution. Tried searching =
TKs and=20
  no <BR>joy<BR><BR>Any ideas?<BR><BR>TIA<BR><BR>Peter=20
L</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_03F1_01C425F6.7606DBC0--

0
LeVar
4/19/2004 2:09:54 PM
Thanks for the reply. However, I have uninstalled and re-
installed CRM following install directions. IIS is
installed with defaults.

Still hoping for a fix.....

Peter

0
anonymous
4/19/2004 3:56:02 PM
The root cause of this error turned out to be that the customisations had
been developed on a different localization of MS CRM than the target.  In
this particular case, the development server had (US) English CRM, and the
Production server had International English CRM.  You cannot successfully
transport customizations from one to the other. Apparently the schemas are
different.

(At the time when the development environment was set up, International
English CRM was unavailable)

Be warned!

Peter L

"Peter L" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After importing customizations, I received error
> message "Import Completed with errors. Please see event
> log for details"
>
> Event log has one and only one error:
>
> Event ID: 0
> Decsription:
> PopulateStringMap Error : Object reference not set to an
> instance of an object.  , StackTrace :    at
> Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportXml.XmlCustomization.Popul
> ateStringMap(Object Progress)
>
> The problem manifests itself as follows: When in CRM web
> client, all seems OK - except when I go to customize any
> form - all form tabs are completely empty
>
> I have seen one or two previous posts with similar error
> but could not find resolution. Tried searching TKs and no
> joy
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> Peter L

0
Peter

Custom Buttons #5
I'd like to add a custom button to the POS that displays (internally) a .txt file that I've created and dropped on the POS computer's C: drive. Can someone give me the Custom Button parms that I will need? Assume that the ..txt file is located on the root of C:\LatestNews.txt Thanks. I would also like to know how to program a custom button to show the gift card (voucher) information remaining? I know this is within a command/programmed button on the keyboard and/or touchscreen (function) but I wanted to put in on the custom botton side for quick access of this information....

Getting an Error when there is nothing to show
-- The bottom of my report which is a statement shows #Error when there is no Invoices to add up. Can I have it blank instead. this my text Box Control Source thanks for any Help....Bob =Reports!rptOwnerPaymentMethod!subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount!tbAmount.Value Try: =IIf([subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[HasData], [subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[tbAmount]) Explanation in: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.h...

RAS System Error = 1060
When I closed down my desktop on 9.12.09 (running XP Home) Windows automatically downloaded updates before shutting down itself. When I try to access the internet I get the following message "RAS System Error = 1060". I now cannot access the internet and appear to have lost all entries in my "Network Connections" folder. Can anyone please help? ...

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Error in Pipeline report when selecting Sales Stage
When I try to select Group By Sales Stage I get this error: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Query execution failed for data set 'DSPipelineBySalesStage'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) I am using a Sales Process btw. all selected opps have the process active. Before I dive deep into the bowels of the Pipeline code I was hoping someone has seen this. -- Thanx Glen oops, thought I had searched the KB on this before, but there is a known bug - article 927589 - the Step name var in the report is only set to varchar(40) (geez). You just edit the rdl...

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

New Opportunity Product (Error on Page)
We are trying to add products to an opportunity, but when we hit the button "New Opportunity Product" on the Products page of the Opportunity module the only thing we get is an "Error on Page" in the bottom left-hand corner. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, any idea(s) how to fix it? Thanks, Tim Do you have a Price list and matching currency associated to the Opportunity? do you have any javascript running on the Opportunity or Opportunity Product? "Tim" wrote: > We are trying to add products to an opportunity, but when we hit the button &g...

Importing Dynamic data

Bulk Change Customer Price Level
We recently instituted a customer loyalty program. I need to set the price level for the 900+ custoemrs with these new cards and account numbers to Price level A. Account numbers are sequential and I can query them in reports but I lack the SQL know how to make the change. Any ideas. Starting Account number is 101010 and ending is 1010955 Hi Chris Try.... update customer set pricelevel = 1 where accountnumber between 0101010 and 1010955; I beleive account numbers are 7 digits; To roll back to all customers having "standard "price level use update customer set pricelevel ...

error (bug?) with VLOOKUP function
Hallo, I have a problem with VLOOKUP function (excel 2007). I tried what follows several times and i always get the same error/ considere table (B5:C9) sorted according the first column: name salary baba 400 bibi 600 bobo 200 bubu 300 cel B13 contains: bibi cel B14 contains: baba in D13: =VLOOKUP(B13;B$5:C$9;2) and i drag it to D14 Result: in D13: 600 (this is correct) in D14: #N/B Each time, with the first name only of any sorted table, i get that error. Any explanation? Thanks Luc see answer in other newsgroup -- Kind regards, ...

Importing a CSV file

Bad address error
Trying to send a message from our exchange server to my personal acct and I recieve a NDR notice " The recipient name is not recognized". I contacted my ISP and they state the problem is in house and not on there side. Need any help fixing this problem. This all started about 2 weeks ago. Thanks in advance, Ron T. What is the full text in the NDR? What changed about 2 weeks ago? What is the domain where the message is destined? Can you telnet to that domain's e-mail servers from your Exchange server on port 25? If so, can you manually send a message? -- Ben Winzen...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Error (0x800CCC19)
i don,t received email Muhammad Naveed Shah <Muhammad Naveed Shah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i don,t received email Sorry to hear it. Are you simply making a statement, or do you have a question to ask? if the latter, ask it in detail, including your Outlook version, your account type, and a complete description of the symptoms including the full, exact text of all error messages. Include as well a description of everything you've tried so far attempting to fix it. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Custom Zoom Form Not Updating Data
I have some code tied to the double click event for a control that opens a custom zoom form and displays the text as well as the label of that control. Right now, if I add to the text in the zoom form, it doesn't actually update the data in the table. I know I've read somewhere how to accomplish this, but my searching isn't finding it again. The code I'm using is below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Private Sub evnt_prblm_descr_txt_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) strZoomPar = Me.name & ";" & Me.ActiveControl.name strTitle = Me!Label16.Cap...

ERROR AFTER CUSTOMIZATION IN MSCRM 1.2
Hi! I have installed MsCRM 1.2, nad the installation was succesfully. But, when i try to customization one or more fields this is the result: i create in Deployment Manager new attribute (for example lead's attribute). Creation was succesfully without error. In the CRM i add the new field into lead's form. Save this configuration. In Deployment Manager i pubblish this customization: the pubblishing was successfully.I Restart IIS. After this default operation about fields customization, i try to open the new form for see the new field into CRM's object (in my test lead) but when...

Compile error in hidden module #3
Whenever I open or close a file in Excel 2000 I get a dialogue box "Compile error in hidden module. Registration DB". I have to clear the box before the file will open or close. How can I get rid of this message. Sounds like one of your workbooks or addins -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Hugh Jennings" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18b8001c44b81$d5ebc7c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I open or close a file in Excel 2000 I g...

Unspecifed Error Msg attempting to pay bill online
Hello, Using existing payee and scheduling payment with Chase Manhattan bank, getting error message. Other payees work but so far two have not. According to MSKB, this message is related to transfers against a credit card account. This is not my case since it's a bill pay from my checking account. Tried to delete and re-add the payee with same results. Using the Chase web site to same payee, it works fine. All payees worked fine in Money 2003 version before upgrade. Any ideas? Thanks, Rick ...