Implement Task Manager's End Task (so that it works quickly)

First this isn't relevant to this group, but I didn't see the group that it
was related to so if you would pass this on I would appreciate it.

There are a lot of times when an application hangs and I need to either
reboot the computer (or shut it down real hard - hold the power off button)
because an application is hanging.

If the end task was implemented and it stopped the application quickly I
would be really happy.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=99b5d1be-7440-4edc-8115-089a02cf14fd&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How to implement this?
Greetings, I want to check if current application is the active window, if not, then I want the window blink. Just like MSN receives a new message when it is not active. How to implement that? My target platform is Win2K. Evan "music4" <music4@163.net> wrote in message news:Os85ecxTGHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Greetings, > > I want to check if current application is the active window, if not, then > I > want the window blink. Just like MSN receives a new message when it is not > active. How to implement that? My target platform is Win2K. GetForegr...

Information Rights Management
Running three independant PCs and laptop on microsoft workgroup network. Will IRM work - what must I load to right protect a shared exel workbook? (Workbook loaded on one computer and share with others ). Must I load onto all 4 computers? Sorry I'm not as computer literate as some but learning. Want to prevent copying, emailing, etc. Take a look at this Microsoft information on IRM http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/technologies/irm.mspx Quite frankly, I've never used it at home or work, so cannot give any help from experience with it. There is one statement in ...

How to implement CCheckListBox
How does one correctly implement CCheckListBox? Dhe docs say to derive your own class and then call Create(); I tried to do that. My code is the following in a file StdChkListBox.h: #include <afxwin.h> class CStdChkListBox : Public CCheckListBox { public: } The error returned was was error c2504: Public: base class undefined CCheckListBox is defined in afxwin.h, right? how come it isn't working? Any idea? C++ is case sensitive. Try 'public' instead of 'Public'. Something like class CStdChkListBox : public CCheckListBox { } -- Cheers Check ...

Hibernation not working
I set my wife's PC (XP SP3) to hibernate after 1 hour, but it doesn't do it. Any suggestions? Thank you. Herbert Eppel www.HETranslation.co.uk On Feb 28, 10:12=A0pm, Herbert Eppel <HE@UK> wrote: > I set my wife's PC (XP SP3) to hibernate after 1 hour, but it doesn't do = it. > > Any suggestions? > > Thank you. > > Herbert Eppelwww.HETranslation.co.uk Test the mechanism by hibernating manually. Click Start, Turn Off Computer and you can see the various options - one of which is Stand By. When you press the Shift key, the...

Implementing Single Sign On #2
Thanks Mark & BigHaig, I tried it but its not working yet.I use SSL for my OWA authentication i.e https://servername/exchange.Could this be why its not working? -- Buchi On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:40:04 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Thanks Mark & BigHaig, >I tried it but its not working yet.I use SSL for my OWA authentication i.e >https://servername/exchange.Could this be why its not working? Yes absolutley. You didn't say about making that switch on your previous posts. You must enter credentials when you use SSL. ...

eConnect getNextSopNumber functionality not working
Hi, All: I am a newbie to eConnect9. I am working on a project to integrate a homegrown Web program to GP9 using eConnect. I want to construct a SOP transaction XML. The major issue is it's a multiuser environment. It's more desireable to use the getNextSOPNumber feature built in SQL Server to get the next SOP number from SOP40200 table to minimize the chance of deadly lock etc. The manual says if you don't pass SOPNUMBE to taSOPLineIvcInsert and taSOPHdrIvcInsert, the stored procedure will automatically get the next SOP number from SOP40200. But when I didn't like th...

Windows Sockets implementation
I have used Winsock2 for my application to communicate with the device over TCPIP socket.I get the following sequence of events . 1. The Application that runs the Client socket is alive.But after about 24 hrs. the network connectivity for the Machine is disabled. 2. On further investigation of the issue I found that in the Event viewer the event has been noted as Event ID -2019 and the note alongside is "The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty." Do help me out with this. As I have no clue as to why it behaves so. "Rohan Bh...

POS interface/ inventory management for a food sales industry
We are currently investigating several products to interface MICROS POS to Great Plains. At several of our locations we are also runing Foodtrack for inventory management (which is not as integrated to Great Plains as we would like). We are looking at the InStore series of products. I would appreciate comments from anyone that had any experiances working with this suite or any other that package would suit a food service business for POS interface along with backend inventory depletion and replenishment. Thanks in advance, Arthur Hi Arthur, I have a friend that runs Micros POS ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006)
How Microsoft CRM 3.0 could contribute and be a part of its computer environment. (Sales Module, MS CRM Security, Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,Integration with IBM Lotus Notes Domino ,International Considerations, Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

Business Contact Manager Toolbar
Hi, I'm running Outlook XP and have installed Business Contact Manager (BCM) as well, which added a toolbar to Outlook. This has been the case for several months now. Yesterday, all of a sudden, no BCM toolbar. It's not even in the View|Toolbars menu so I can turn it on. Any idea what may be causing that? Thanks I'm confused by your post. BCM is not compatible with Outlook 2002. It requires Outlook 2003. "ZZ_Scarab" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Outlook XP and have installed Business Contact Manager (BCM) as > well, which added a toolbar to Outloo...

Changing Manager for a User
In the User Guide for version 1.2 it says on page 15: ============================================================================ If you add users according to the managers they report to, it will be easy to move them from one group to another by simply changing the name of the manager they report to. Changing the manager's name on a user profile disassociates the relationship with the current manager, creates an association with the new manager, and automatically moves the user into the new manager's business unit. =====================================================================...

Ending an Excel Worksheet
:confused: Does anyone know how to end an Excel Worksheet? Example: If I have data in columns A - C, and rows 1 - 3, but wanted to completely do away with thte rest of the cells, how would I accomplish that? (I know it can be done, just don't know how...:( ) Thanks! Steph -- skg1063 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skg1063's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31445 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511337 A worksheet has 256 columns and 64k rows (in the current v...

Yahoo! DomainKeys Implementation
So, my company has been noticing a large portion of our email sent externally is now ending up in 'Spam' and 'Bulk' email folders. We have a current and valid SPF record and are not listed on any blacklists. From my research, I have found all our emails are not signed with Yahoo!'s DomainKeys signature; which many front-end 3rd party spam filters are looking for...especially Yahoo! and MSN mailboxes. I have Googled until my eyes have bled and can find only general information pertaining to DomainKeys but virtually nothing on how to implement DomainKeys in our Exchan...

Task Scheduler and notebook Battery event ?
I would like to use Task Scheduler in Vista to launch a script, IF the laptop changes from A/C power to Battery power. and I want a second task to monitor when the laptop returns from battery to A/C power. I need help, I can not determine what settings to use once I select event as my triggers. Can any one help ? Maybe you should download another software to manage the task. The Vista software about power only help you to control the LCD's brightness,some behavior related laptop's states such as closing or open and so on. It is not support for you to define the...

How to implement OnChar?
I have an application I wrote in MSVC4 and OnChar seems to work fine when I compile it for MSVC7. However, when I create my minimal "Hello World" program in MSVC7 and try to implement the OnChar Message handler, it never gets called. When I override OnLButtonDown, that works. Why does not not OnChar work? Thanks, Siegfried "Siegfried Heintze" <siegfried@heintze.com> wrote in message news:OSaMLwQmFHA.3900@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have an application I wrote in MSVC4 and OnChar seems to work fine when I > compile it for MSVC7. > > However, when I cre...

Modifying Task Status List
Hello folks, I just have a small question about Outlook tasks. What I want to know is, is there any way I can add items or change the list of status. I want to add my own items like Wating for Parts, Wating for customer pick up. Can I do that? or can I create my own list? thanks for your time. No, they are hard-coded. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Jatt Surma asked: | Hello folks, | | | I just have a small q...

Marking one occurrence of a recurring task as complete
Hi, I am new to Outlook, about 2 weeks now. I entered all my tasks, most of which repeat on a weekly/biweekly/monthly basis, making sure that I noted each went through EOY. I noticed the other day when I was in my calendar view in July, I didn't see any tasks listed. Sure enough, after mid-June, I didn't see any tasks. I thought I'd done something wrong, but when I looked into it more, the tasks are all marked completed. For example, I had a task to send out notices to update reports on the 15th of the month. Back on May 15th, I sent out the message and marked the t...

Working hours #2
Hi, I have helpdesk inquiries logged in at various times of the day. Sinc our working hours are from 08:00 to 17:00, I would like to the clock t start the next working day if the inquiry arrives after working hours. Can anyone suggest what formula I should use? Example of cell A1 content: 13/06/2005 14:05 Thanks Han -- Hani Muhtad ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hani Muhtadi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2679 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46722 Hi Hani Try =IF...

Undo-Redo feature implementation
Hi, I have a graphic editor application, where the user can create/edit images using pixels. I would like to provide an Undo-Redo feature to it, but am not sure how to proceed with it. Of course, it should support any level of undo redo. Is some kind of stack required? Appreciate if anyone could provide me some ideas/samples. Thanks, Sucharit ...

To ensure the working of SSRS
How to ensure that the reporting service is working fine in a machine, which is installed with SQL server 2005? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips & Tricks #1 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9aade63c-be0f-4fe5-a562-9f2750db35bc/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx Go to http://yourservername/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx Even before you have deployed reports you should see the empty portal. If you are in the local administrators group on the machine you will see a contents tab, new folder, new data source etc. ...

SSPI implement SSL
Hi All Happy coding : ) I want implement a smtp client for gmail. In my code I use the SSPI to implement the SSL. In my program, some code is from Using SSPI with a Windows Sockets Clienthttp://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/secauthn/security/using_sspi_with_a_windows_sockets_client.asp[^]. The handshake and DectryptMessage is OK. But EnctryptMessage seem to occur error. dos any one have any idea about this? Here is my code: #include "stdafx.h" #include "SSPI.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #endif //----------------------------------...

Code Be Hind Command Button Not Working.
Hi All, Ive Been Using a Simple Code to Open another form and close the Current form, it works perfectly fine, untill this morning i created a new form and now that the code won't work, they typyical code im using is as follows Private Sub CmdSearch_Click() DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_ViewProjectsByClients" DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name End Sub But what happens now when i click on the button when the form is in normal mode is as follows. The Expression on the On Click You Entered a the event property setting produced the following error: A Problem Occurred While Microsoft Office Acce...

Task error "Parameters Invalid"
When I attempt to move a message to the Task folder, I get a "cannot complete operation. one or more parameters invalid" message. I do this every day, can't imagine why it stopped working of a sudden. Can someone please advise? Thanks, D Please see if the following article helps. 197036 OL: (CW) Error Message: Could Not Complete the Operation http://support.microsoft.com/?id=197036 Method 1 from the article usually works fine. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "dmaurno" <dmaurno...

NOT IMPLEMENTED
this is the message i keep getting when trying to check my email in OUTLOOK '07 ***not Implemented*** then it tells me i need to redownload my micrsoft email 07 which i can't seem to find... what do i do? ...

How do I clear passwords from Outlook Account Manager protected storage?
I've found plenty of utilities to retrieve them from Protected Storage. But if I want to clear them out, I have found no way to do so with any utilites, or a way already built into Windows. I'm using Windows XP SP2 with Outlook 2003 SP2. thanks. ...