IFD Sign In Page

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0

Hi All,

Can we leverage credentails passed to  "Sign In" page of MS CRM 4.0 in =
IFD environment?  I want to use it for making call to Discovery service =
to fetch organization details.

Thanks
Rajeev

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><BR><BR><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi All,<BR><BR>Can we leverage=20
credentails&nbsp;passed to &nbsp;"Sign In" page of MS CRM 4.0 in IFD=20
environment?&nbsp;&nbsp;I want to use it for making call to Discovery=20
service&nbsp;to&nbsp;fetch organization details.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Rajeev<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR></FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0--

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you check here:

http://community.dynamics.com/blogs/cscrmteam/archive/2008/04/11/using-the-crm-outlook-client-without-a-vpn-connection.aspx

Notice the paragraph that says:

"In IFD mode, the Outlook client submits specified credentials to the
external discovery service endpoint, and receives a CRM authentication ticket
in exchange. Since specified credentials are transmitted over the network,
using SSL is strongly recommended to prevent interception. The CRM
authentication ticket is persisted in the IE cookie jar. Subsequent requests
therefore automatically carry the cookie, which the server of course
verifies. "
--
Fortis
http://www.webfortis.com

"Rajeev Ranjan" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can we leverage credentails passed to  "Sign In" page of MS CRM 4.0 in IFD environment?  I want to use it for making call to Discovery service to fetch organization details.
>
> Thanks
> Rajeev

0
fortis1 (66)

Print a Poster as an A4 page
Hi, can anyone tell me how to print a poster publication on just one A4 size sheet? Thank you. Pippy <Pippy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Hi, can anyone tell me how to print a poster publication on just one > A4 size sheet? Download and install PrimoPDF from www.primopdf.com. Set the paper size in the PrimoPDF driver (File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper > Properties) to the size of your poster. Set the Page Size in Publisher to Full Page. Print to the PrimoPDF printer. You will get a PDF file of one page containing the entire of you...

Data Access Pages 11-28-07
I have two questions regarding 'Data Access pages' (1). I want to add a new button in Data Access Page which should run an UPDATE query, is this possible ? I am trying to do that but unable to add code in button. (2). I have made a Data Access Page and place it on a server but when ever I connect it from remote computer, it give two warning messages (i)This Website uses a data provider that might be unsafe. If you trust the website click OK, otherwise click cancel. (ii) The website is using your identity to access data source. If you trust the website, click OK to continue, otherwise...

Blank Pages #3
I created a document that contains three pages. The document has subheadings for each group of data. These subheadings (cells) are shaded with different colors to separate (color-code) each group. When printing the document, the first three pages print correctly; however, there are three blank pages following which contain the colored cells only...no data. How do I remove the blank pages? Thanks, in advance, for your help. Ann, highlighted only the area that you want printed and then gone to File/Print Area/Set Print Area. This will then only print the area you have highlighted. Tha...

CRM Accelerators and IFD
Can anyone tell me if the Accelerators are compatible with and IFD deployment? We tried the Notifications piece and users can subscribe when they are on the local network but cannot when over th internet. I may be missing a security setting in IIS somewhere and any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dustin Miller On Nov 5, 8:03=A0am, dmiller <dmil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me if the Accelerators are compatible with and IFD > deployment? =A0We tried the Notifications piece and users can subscribe w= hen > they are on the local network but cann...

can I reset single/two page toggle permanently for a publication?
If I select a single page document, whatever I do next the single/two page toggle reverts back to the two page spread. Is it possible to reset the toggle default and how? "Old Dog" wrote: > If I select a single page document, whatever I do next the single/two page > toggle > reverts back to the two page spread. Is it possible to reset the toggle > default and how? No replies-doesn't MS cotton to questioning the wisdon of resetting defaults? "Old Dog" wrote: > > > "Old Dog" wrote: > > > If I select a single page d...

IFD question
Here is our scenario, Two web servers (S1 & S2), S1 is going to be used for Organization 1, S2 is going to be used for Organization 2 Both servers use the same database server so we are multitenant. If we run the IFD tool on S2 to allow that organization to be seen from the internet, then that means that S1 will not be affected and that organization will not be able to be connected to from the internet. Leo Both servers will be available for both orgs, that is the purpose of multi-tenancy. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Mr_leo" <Mrleo@discussions.microsoft....

Problem with Save on the Product Page
When I add a product in the product screen and hit the save button the CRM 3.0 Web client hangs and I have to go into the task manager and do an end task so I can get back into the client. This is only happening on two of my clients and the only characteristic of these two clients is they are brand new machines and they are running IE 7.0, any ideas???? This is some time happend with timeout error. please run the diagnostic wizard to check the connectivity. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. ms...

Parameter query criteria input in Access Page
I am using a parameter query for an Access Page. When the prompt comes up to enter the required data, the dialog box will not show all of the text that I used as the criteria prompt. It works OK when you just run the query, but when using the page, the text is clipped off. Here is what I have as criteria: [Enter Description- options are Round, Square, Rectangular, Oblong] When the box pops up to prompt the user for the input, it comes up: Enter Description- options ar The rest of the text is clipped. Any help is appreciated. ...

only one page of website shows
Hi, only one page of my multi-page Publisher website is showing when i do File, Web Page Preview. Same thing when i actually publish to the web, just see the first page and no indication that there are even multiple pages. I tried saving as Single File Web Page and also Web Page but didn't make a difference. It does say Web Publication at the top of the Publisher screen. this happens even for the 3 page wizard-created website. Help!!! Thanks!!! david wrote: > Hi, only one page of my multi-page Publisher website is showing when > i do File, Web Page Preview. Sam...

pop up sign onto network
I don't want to sign on to the MSN Network but a signon screen keeps popping up every 60 seconds or so. It is especially annoying when I am writing an e-mail message in Outlook. I can't figure out how or where to turn it off. Please help me. ...

Broken Money sign on
Will anyone at Microsoft 1) Acknowledge this issue 2) Tell us if someone is working on it 3) Provide a means of telling us when it is fixed? My goodness, support is about communications, and so far I am extremly disappointed in Microsoft. Hey I am not a rookie, and I am a Microsoft Partner. Same here, i've been promoting Microsoft since the NT 3.51 days... I switched from Quicken to Money over 10 years ago, this miscommunication from Microsoft has me on the lookout for a new product to replace my faithfull Money... "OldBored" wrote: > Will anyone at Microsoft > ...

How to view HTML page in a dialog
I have and HTML and need to navigate them using VC++ , is this possible? Yes, it is. If you need to show a static htlm page you could use a CDHtmlDialog. You must add this static page as resource to your app. http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/luo31.asp http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/dhtmldialog.asp or you can host a webbroser control in your app http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/webbrowser/tutorials/wbtutorial.asp -- Un saludo Rodrigo Corral Gonz´┐Żlez [MVP] FAQ de microsoft.public.es.vc++ http://rcorral.mvps.org ...

IFD Issue
Hi, I have a SBS2008 environment with a 2008 Server with CRM 4 (& SQL) on it. Everything is (now) working fine internally. I run the IFD tool with no errors to external address https://mydomain.com, internally to http://machinename:5555 DNS resolves on the IFD tool successfully. Also unticked ipv6 & checked registry to make sure it is pointing to the right web site which it is. I have a internal dns record pointing to myorgname.mydomain.com that points to the crm server I have an external dns record myorgname.mydomain.com that points to my public ip (fixed) when i try extern...

Creating an A6 booklet with 16 pages
Can anyone help me here please. I am attempting to print a 16 page A6 booklet with text/pictures on both sides on the paper in portrait mode. I am using Pub.2007 and an HP8000 printer with a duplex unit attached. I would like if possible to use stock A4 paper but if necessary I can cut it in 2 and make A5. None of the templates I have tried seems to work for me and I can't seem to find one else where. Please where can I go to find information on how to get it to print correctly or how to construct my own template. Regards Terry I use Publisher 2000 but I would think 2007 would...

IFD Install
I did an IFD install upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0, all seems to work well except Outlook client outside network. I used this config: <CRMSetup> <Server> <ifdsettings enabled="true"> <internalnetworkaddress>192.168.96.1-255.255.254.0</internalnetworkaddress> <rootdomainscheme>http</rootdomainscheme> <sdkrootdomain>oursubaccountname.domain.com</sdkrootdomain> <webapplicationrootdomain>oursubaccountname.domain.com</webapplicationrootdomain> </ifdsettings> </Server> </CRMSetup...

Continuous Page No. on all worksheets
I have 10 Sheets in a workbook. I want each printing page to be numbered automatically. Example: Sheet-1 has 12 pages and Sheet-2 has 20 pages. I want Sheet-2 pages number to start 13 automatically or you can say after the last page number of the previous sheet. Select the worksheet tabs you want to print (click on the first tab and ctrl-click on subsequent). Then file|print Amjad wrote: > > I have 10 Sheets in a workbook. I want each printing page to be numbered > automatically. > > Example: > Sheet-1 has 12 pages and Sheet-2 has 20 pages. I want Sheet-2 pages num...

Page Numbers in a Newsletter
Hi, I am new to Publisher and my first project was to create a newsletter. I chose one of the existing publication designs, but now I can't modify it as I want to. Specifically, the page numbers keep re-justifying themselves. Can anyone help? It's driving me NUTS! Cheers, Jean Delete the existing Text Frames and make new Text Frames and insert Page Numbers. Remember, there is a thing called a HELP file!!! - USE IT -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000...

Cann't sign in
Hi all I'm having the latest windows live messenger, since 3 days i cann't log in & i receive a message informing me that the service is temporarly unavailable, when i click Show more details, i find the error code 8e5e0408 Any solution for this problem? Thanks -- Fadi On Feb 6, 12:41=A0pm, Fadi <F...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all > > I'm having the latest windows live messenger, since 3 days i cann't log i= n & > i receive a message informing me that the service is temporarly unavailab= le, > when i click Show ...

The page select buttons in publisher are gone, what do i do?
Normally there are mini page icons at the bottom of publisher when there is more than one page, but I opened my saved leaflet those buttonshad gone. I know the 2nd page is there because when I do a multipage print preview I can see it. What's wrong with publisger, or is it me? View, status bar... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Me" <Me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3B0CCB4-B7D9-4912-B196-8685EBE1784D@microsoft.com... > Normally there are mini page icons at the bottom of p...

ptint first page only
hi i am using outlook 2003. I print the first page of all emails sent. At the moment i select the amount that fits onto one page and paste this to Word for printing as outlook does not appear to allow the printing of only the first page of sent emails. When printing from other prgrams we are able to print the first page only, but not in MSOutlook? Is there a solution. thanks outlook lacks good printing options. If the message is html you can use IE's print options. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050927.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook ...

How to implement IFD for MSCRM 4.0?
Hi All, We are using MSCRM 4.0 on permises version and our sales guys are using Outlook client with Offline access. But we are finding a lot of Sync issues in this deployment and we are planning for an Internet Facing Deployment of our CRM so that everone can have online real time access to data in CRM server. I want to know in detail 1) how to implement IFD for our CRM system? 2) How much cost it would take to do so? 3) Is it would require any additional hardware then our present implentation? Also i need a brief summary of steps to how to implement Internet facing dep...

Question with IFD Setup
Hello, I installed CRM and configured it for IFD. DNS Check - WORKS. Signin.aspx displays when accessing from IP of non onpremise Subnet with correct link. I create an user, put it in Usergroup and Reporting group in the CRM OU. I try logging in with NEBIOS domain \ user --- MEDATEKTEST\dan - NO Success. I try logging in with DNS domain \ user --- Medatektest.local\dan - NO Success. I try logging in with -- dan@medatektest.local and dan@medatektest.local - NO Success. Also username only NO Success. If I go from the subnet declared for Onpremise authetication - use the IFD link to display ...

how to change email sign in name
We had the misfortune to experience a "master boot" failure the other day. Even though we backed up our data we are unable to load the .mny files because the software rejects the password. As far as i can tell we followed Microsofts instructions on back up of money to the letter. So what to do ?? Also we need to change the email address in money to conform with the email address in passport. How can this be done?? Any help out there will be greatly apprcciated. Thaks ron In microsoft.public.money, ron popelka wrote: >We had the misfortune to experience a "master boot&qu...

Import iWork Pages 'Page Layout' into Word 'Publishing Layout'

Can I increase the number of automatically inserted pages in Publ.
I want to make 'signatures' of 32 pages to print a bokk I am writing Pedrothefox wrote: || I want to make 'signatures' of 32 pages to print a bokk I am writing Unless you use the Publisher Object Model and write code to do so (using Publisher 2002/2003), the number of pages added can not be customized to automatically add a certain number of pages. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...