IBF problem - Information Bridge Server installation

Hi

In Step "Publish Metadata" I typed "http://testcrm:8082" and clicked "next",
the error message that appeared is "The Information Bridge metadata service
location is not avaliable".
I tried using http://localhost:8082 as some previous posts have suggested,
but it still doesn't work.
Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

i got the same error, dunno if this will help...but give it ago.

it...seems that  when you specify Sql
authentication in setup it doesnt update the web.conf file

so i had to manually edit web.conf and put in the connection string

needed to edit inetpub\IBFReadService\web.conf and
inetpub\IBFWriteService\web.conf

"aba" wrote:

> Hi
>
> In Step "Publish Metadata" I typed "http://testcrm:8082" and clicked "next",
> the error message that appeared is "The Information Bridge metadata service
> location is not avaliable".
> I tried using http://localhost:8082 as some previous posts have suggested,
> but it still doesn't work.
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thank you.
Hi

I didn't specify Sql authentication, it was Windows authentication.
What else can I try?

"savage" wrote:

> i got the same error, dunno if this will help...but give it ago.
>
> it...seems that  when you specify Sql
> authentication in setup it doesnt update the web.conf file
>
> so i had to manually edit web.conf and put in the connection string
>
> needed to edit inetpub\IBFReadService\web.conf and
> inetpub\IBFWriteService\web.conf
>
> "aba" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > In Step "Publish Metadata" I typed "http://testcrm:8082" and clicked "next",
> > the error message that appeared is "The Information Bridge metadata service
> > location is not avaliable".
> > I tried using http://localhost:8082 as some previous posts have suggested,
> > but it still doesn't work.
> > Can anyone help me?
> >
> > Thank you.

Problem with Interactive Charting -- Did something change?
A few months ago, in Portfolio, I was able to click on a graph of one investment and then add stocks I wanted to compare to the first one by clicking a dropdown window on the graph. Today I have to type in each comparison I want to see. Anyone know what happened? I am not aware of anything which has changed unless there is some form of service that has been discontinued or has expired without any notice from MS. ...

CRM Outlook Add In Sending Problem
We've been using CRM 3.0 for about 4 months now, and the Outlook Add In for 2. I've been the primary Outlook user until the last month as I was familiarizing myself with the flow before we rolled it out to everyone. This problem happened to me, but I attributed it more to Oultook 2007... now several of our users are having the problem (2003 and 2007). The problem is this, when I send an email to a CRM Contact - occasionally, when I look in my sent items, the contact does not appear on the sent email and they never received it. For example, If I have a CRM contact named "John S...

Problem with Adobe
My friend is having trouble with Adobe. He says: The pop ups I am getting say: Eula NVIDIA graphics Driver has stooped working and needs to close Down load manager active x has encountered a problem and needs to close Adobe reader and acrobat manager has encountered a problem and needs to close Adobe tech. said " Adobe was having a problem with Internet Explorer 8" Ideas on how to fix, anyone? TIA, Paul From: "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> | My friend is having trouble with Adobe. He says: | The pop ups I am getting say: | ...

Publish Calendar to WebDAV Server on my computer
I'm trying to publish my default calendar to a server I set up using IIS 6 on my computer. I'm using Vista and Outlook 2010. Can anyone help me configuring the server so that it will accept the calendar I'm trying to upload to it using the "Publish to WebDAV server" menu item in Outlook 2010? I can access the website anywhere on my home network using the http://computername/calendar address, but obviouly something is not configured correctly with the accepting of the calendar upload from Outlook. I don't know much about IIS 6 or how to configure much of anything th...

Work orders problems
Hi, We use RMS (SQL 2000) in a retail environment as well as a POS environment, although this is obviously not recommended. In the POS environment, we use work orders to keep a "tab" of the client's bill until it is eventually tendered off. On a few occasions, we have had some weird things happen with work orders. On a few occasions, open work orders have managed to disappear whilst being saved. I.e. When the waiter adds more items to the work order and saves it, it just disappears. Other times, work orders have frozen up while the waiter was picking up the entire work ...

Problem with CMapStringToPtr 's Lookup problem
HI. I have written the following code..in VC++(win32 console with MFC support) CMapStringToPtr chat; vector<UserMessage *> v; /* UserMessage is a class.. */ UserMessage *obj_msg=new UserMessage(fromUser,fromUserName,'n',msg); void * rValue; CString toUser="abcd"; v.push_back(obj_msg); // Insering an object into vector v chat.SetAt(toUser,&v); // Putting the vector 's reference into map "chat" chat.Lookup(toU...

Problem With Contacts Import
Hello, I just imported my Contacts from Outlook into CRM 1.2. All imported Successfully, but my company name field dissapeared from all of my contacts. I also notice that if you create a new CRM contact there is no place to specify company name. Please Help! Now I just have a lot of names of people, but I don't know who they work for... you could use the address1_name field. I guess the reasaon there is no company name field is that the parent accound field would be the company the contact works for -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Neely&qu...

POP3 Connector problem
When configuring the POP3 connector to deliver mail to a users mailbox and the users mailbox default SMTP address is NOT the domain address, the retrieved mail will disapear completely. Any solutions ? Yes, fix your recipient policy so that the default addresses are those on your domain. Thomas wrote: > When configuring the POP3 connector to deliver mail to a > users mailbox and the users mailbox default SMTP address > is NOT the domain address, the retrieved mail will > disapear completely. > Any solutions ? Thank you for your help, but that user does not want to have ...

Problem with (1) Office database & (2) Updates installation failures
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I have two problems that may be related (or not): (1) When I open Word or Excel it takes a very long time and then I get this: "There is a problem with the Office database. Office might be unable to access the database or the database file might be damaged. Without the database, you might be unable to use the Address Book, Scrapbook, and other features that store your personal information." It goes on to explain how to "rebuild the database". I did this properly though without success. (I only w...

microsoft Publisher installation
I have a preloaded trial on my Gateway computer. I purchased a new 2007 publisher which I would like to install. I need to uninstall the trial version, but when I go in the control pannel to do so, it says "unable to sucessfully uninstall". I installed on another computer and had no problems uninstalling. I could use some help. Thanks, -- T E Passon How to uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://m...

IBF Customization
OK, I have IBF installed and apparently working properly. My question is simple. I need to create a word document that includes: Company Name Contact Name Address City State Zip Code How do I change the document so that I can have that information automatically imported from CRM? The base letter does not give you very many clues. I also can not find any documents that explain it further. ...

Apostrophe problem
Hello, I am working with a spreadhseet and the data looks normal, however when you click on the cell the data value contains a leading apostrophe. for example the data looks like this: '4 '8 '10 '8 IS there a quick and easy way to get rid of the leading " ' "? If so, an advice on how to do this would be greatly appreciated! Copy an empty cell, select the values and do edit>paste special and select add -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "bcap" <rayh@patriots.com> wrote in message news:1185201567.622591.247730@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com....

Severe problems with Money Plus Deluxe
I was succesfully running the Money Plus Deluxe Win32 (on a Windows Vista OS) and suddenly I'm unable to run it again. When I try to do so, it appears a message telling me that program fails to start. I uninstalled the product and reinstalled it later, but the problem repeats again and again. I would appreciate any kind of help. In microsoft.public.money, Uriel wrote: >I was succesfully running the Money Plus Deluxe Win32 (on a Windows Vista OS) >and suddenly I'm unable to run it again. When I try to do so, it appears a >message telling me that program fails to start. ...

Are others having problems accessing this newsgroup?
Hi, For a couple days now, when I receive a notice in my Hotmail mail about a reply to a post I made here, I click on the "Read and rate the response" link and I get: "Sorry, the page you requested is not available. The page you were looking for is currently not available. The address may not be correct, or there may be a temporary problem with this site. Please try one of the following options: Check the address for typing errors. Click the Back button and try a different option from the navigation menu. Try this page again later. For additional assistance, try one of the...

Formatting Problem
I've created a blank booklet of x no. of pages with page size of h7.25" x w4.75" with 0.5" margins all around. I've been provided with material on floppies to incorporate into the booklet. The material is in the wrong font type and size and needs considerable change in other formatting. This I've done by opening the document into a WORD document of the same dimensions as stated above and tailoring the content to this WORD document. There are some centering, indents, right or left alignment. When I then try to insert this into the booklet in Publisher, s...

Big problem with VPN
Hello. I'm having a ****in' big problem with a VPN. This is my scenario: I have a Windows Server 2003, with DNS,DHCP,AD and ISA Server running. This server has 3 network cards: Internal Network: 192.168.0.1 / 255.255.255.0 (DNS/DHCP) Internet: 192.168.254.254 / 255.255.255.0 / 192.168.254.1 (This card is connected to a SpeedStream 5200 (router mode, not bridge)). Dedicated Link: 189.80.x.x / 255.255.255.252 / 189.80.x.x Here goes the problem: I made a VPN using ISA Server. The VPN connected sucessfully, but i wasn't able to see any server file, also i co...

Excel Problems #7
I have recently converted from Windows 98 to Windows XP. My files partially migrated. I have tried reinstalling MS Office but Excel and Word are only partially installed. I have tried copying documents but XP can not open them. I have tried everything I can think of. Please help. What am I doing wrong? -- Thanks Tammy Try Opening WORD or EXCEL and then importing the documents. On My XP machine if I try doing something - and I get the error message like, "that option is not installed" and "would you like to install it" I just select "YES" and it installs tha...

server setting don't activate
I was using outlook 2003 and I didn’t find any problem to activate my account, But when I upgrade to the version 2007 wish is already activated , when I tried to set my same email account it don’t work Thanks a lot Fadi Fadi wrote: > I was using outlook 2003 and I didn�t find any problem to activate my > account, But when I upgrade to the version 2007 wish is already activated > , when I tried to set my same email account it don�t work Thanks a lot You cannot activate e-mail *accounts* at the mail server using Outlook. You have to do that with whatever means the e-mai...

Problems with Inserting Rows
Morning Everyone In my previous version of Excel I could click on a row and then "Insert copied cells" anywhere on the sheet (as a new row). My problem is that with this version (2003 professional), when I try and re-insert the row, all the formulas have been converted to values. How do I switch back to inserting the row with formulas Many thanks in advanc Ja Inserting a row seems to work the same in Excel 2003 as in earlier versions, but maybe if you lay out the _precise_ steps to duplicate the problem someone can help you. In particular "re-insert the row" is unc...

Problem with Update Trigger
SQL2008 I have two databases, both with identical tables ( apart from TableNames ). I have tried putting an update trigger on DB1.tbCBMOAccount to update the field country on DB2.tbBOSS_OAccount with the updated value from DB1.tbCBMOAccount ALTER TRIGGER [dbo].[trig_UpdateOriginatongAccounts] ON [DB1].[dbo].[tbCBMOAccount] AFTER UPDATE AS BEGIN Declare @OAccountID UniqueIdentifier Declare @Country varchar(32) Select @OAccountID = OAccountID , @Country = Country From Inserted IF UPDATE(Country) BEGIN UPDATE DB2.dbo.tbBOSS_OAccount SET Country = @Country ...

Excel 2003
These are the words of someone else on www.msfn.org with same problem as me (however, the answer give have not resolved the problem): I have a problem with Excel: When I select any cell, then let go of the left mouse button - it acts as though I am permanently holding down the left mouse button; i.e. it tries to select multiple cells. I cannot de-select the left mouse button and cannot access any of the menu buttons. The only thing I can do is right click on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and close excel - open it up again and have the same problem! I also get a similar proble...

Pivot Chart problems
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B3_01C4E370.755D7D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have two issues with pivot charts. 1) I create a pivot table and chart with VB. I want thick lines on the = chart, so I do as follows: For i =3D 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count .SeriesCollection(i).Select With Selection.Border .Weight =3D xlThick End With Next This works great. However, upon selecting a Page Field value from the =...

MS Office Project 2007 SP1 on MS Windows 7 problem
I have setup MS Office Project 2007 SP1 on MS Windows 7. When I use MS Office Project 2007 SP1 with MS Project Server 2007 SP1 connection, I cann't select pulldown Custom Enterprise Fields. When I work on Windows XP, Custom Enterprise Fields perform correctly. There is no error information in a system logs. Could you help me to fix a pulldown Custom Enterprise Fields whith MS Windows 7? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0088_01CAB16F.AFD09890 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-prin...

Problems
When i try and log onto Money deluxe 2004 it requires me to get online everytime - there used to be a button that let me skup that option, but now it is gone. I heard you have to download something to fix that but dont know where to go. I also always press "remember my passwords" but everytime i have to enter it. Is this part of the same problem or a different one? I have never been here before so i am sure these will be very simple questions to some of you but i am grateful for your time and would really appreciate any help. thanks again. Matthew - skyvend@aol.com I...

CRM Report erro on SQL server web
Can anyone help out with this --tya Server Error in '/Reports' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll' could not be found Source Error: [No relevant source lines] Source File: Line:...