HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied

Whenever I try to connect to the CRM server using http://crm/ from a
workstation I get the error (after 3 attempts):

HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied

Oddly enough, when I enter in the internal IP address of the server,
i.e. http://192.168.16.100, then it loads from the workstations fine. (I
provide my Active Directory username and password).

But when I enter the machine name, dynamics, it prompts for a log-in
three times and then refuses access to the server. Also, when I
connect to http://crm from the server itself, it works fine.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you.
0
walid97 (5)
5/4/2008 8:01:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi

I had the same problem. It can be that you did not use Windows
Authentication in Internet Explorer. Try add to Secure Sites the
domain http://crm and also verifiy Secure Sites Security Zone has
enabled Windows Authentication.

Greetings,

Thomas

On May 4, 10:01=A0am, walid97 <wali...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Whenever I try to connect to the CRM server usinghttp://crm/from a
> workstation I get the error (after 3 attempts):
>
> HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied
>
> Oddly enough, when I enter in the internal IP address of the server,
> i.e.http://192.168.16.100, then it loads from the workstations fine. (I
> provide my Active Directory username and password).
>
> But when I enter the machine name, dynamics, it prompts for a log-in
> three times and then refuses access to the server. Also, when I
> connect tohttp://crmfrom the server itself, it works fine.
>
> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Thank you.

You may want to look it the correct SPN's have been set

download it here:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/b3a029a1-7ff0-4f6f-87d2-f2e70294a5761033.mspx

use "setspn -l <servername>" to list all the spn's. There should be an entry
"http/crm". if this isn't there use "setspn -a http/crm <servername>" to add
it.
Note that the above applies if you use a system account (Local system,
network service, local service) to run the crm apppool. If you use a user
account you must use the useraccount in the commands instead of the
servername.

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
Lead Developer

Extended Entity and Plug-in browser:
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx

"Thomas Arnold" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I had the same problem. It can be that you did not use Windows
> Authentication in Internet Explorer. Try add to Secure Sites the
> domain http://crm and also verifiy Secure Sites Security Zone has
> enabled Windows Authentication.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Thomas
>
> On May 4, 10:01 am, walid97 <wali...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Whenever I try to connect to the CRM server usinghttp://crm/from a
> > workstation I get the error (after 3 attempts):
> >
> > HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied
> >
> > Oddly enough, when I enter in the internal IP address of the server,
> > i.e.http://192.168.16.100, then it loads from the workstations fine. (I
> > provide my Active Directory username and password).
> >
> > But when I enter the machine name, dynamics, it prompts for a log-in
> > three times and then refuses access to the server. Also, when I
> > connect tohttp://crmfrom the server itself, it works fine.
> >
> > How can I solve this problem?
> >
> > Thank you.

0
Patrick2861 (490)
5/6/2008 1:16:01 PM
Hello dude,

Have you tried this KB Arcticle? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917818/en-us

Anyway,it didn't helped me. Still stuck!

Regards,
Leo Lopes @ L3
0
leonardol (6)

Forward http to http not working
I've followed the instruction in artcile 555126 and it doesn't seemt o want to work. I have Exchange 2003 and am accessing OWA with IE 6 All I get is the standard 403.4 error saying I need to add https . thanks! Sean On Tue, 10 May 2005 08:54:45 -0700, Sean <doyoureallyneedthis@nospam.name> wrote: >I've followed the instruction in artcile 555126 and it doesn't seemt o >want to work. >I have Exchange 2003 and am accessing OWA with IE 6 >All I get is the standard 403.4 error saying I need to add https . Did you set up SSL on the virtual directory with a ce...

CRM 3.0 Activities Error
Jut recently ungraded to CRM 3.0 from CRM 1.2 and in the Outlook client, now when creating a new task in a contact, then try and Save and Complete (not saved first) get a server error: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application Server was unable to process request. Exception Details: System.web.services.protocols.soapException: Server was unable to process Request. Then a whole bunch of code. We just went live on Monday and now getting all these problems - so the staff are not really very happy. This is the 2nd of 4 - so far that have gotten this ...

Outlook error MSO9.dll
Can someone please help me? When I attempt to open outlook, I recieve the following error message: "Outlook has now caused an error in MSO9.dll. Outloook will now close." How can I correct this problem? Hi Jeff, The problem you have reported can occur because the file Mso9.dll, common to all Microsoft Office 2000 programs, may be damaged or missing. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article 241817.KB.EN-US - OL2000: Invalid Page Fault in Module Mso9.dll You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft....

can't send to hotmail or msn, dcom 10009 error?
Hello, I have an exchange 2003/win2003 server with all the latest updates/sp/smtp patches and it has weird errors when sending to msn or hotmail.com. I enabled the message tracking center and tried sending a test, but it sits in the queue, and message tracking repeats that it sent it..... 4/4/2005 3:25 SMTP: Started Outbound Transfer of message 4/4/2005 3:33 Message transferred to mc9-f25.hotmail.com through smtp 4/4/2005 3:34 SMTP: Started Outbound transfer of message 4/4/2005 3:41 Message transferred to mc7-f25.hotmail.com through smtp etc. the system event log has dcom 10009 errors ...

RunTime Error 521
I have this message show up on Headquarters Manager evertime I try to copy something to my clipboard. It says it cannot open clipboard and then proceeds to close out Headquarters Manager. Any suggestions? Thanks, Andy Pinney HI,There are many reason this error come, first let me know are you using the HQ over the Terminal services. Citrix etc Confirm please "WallOfFame" wrote: > I have this message show up on Headquarters Manager evertime I try to copy > something to my clipboard. It says it cannot open clipboard and then proceeds > to close out Headquarters Ma...

INDEX and #REF error
Ok, I am using the INDEX function to sum a range that corresponds to a changing column and row reference linked to another spreadsheet. It works fine with the other spreadsheet open, but I get a #REF error when it is not. Why won't it work with the sheet closed and is there a fix? Heres the function as entered =(SUM(INDEX('O:\Prod\ScoreCard\[Score2004linked.xls]SCORE'!$B$11:AN$888,$B46,$G$1):INDEX('O:\Prod\ScoreCard\[Score2004linked.xls]SCORE'!$B$11:AN$888,$B46,$I$1))) Thanks, Neil ...

Value Error
I copied some data from a web page and pasted it into a spread sheet. It looks like the following: 10/12/2008 BALTIMORE RAVENS 39 39 13:00 EST INDIANAPOLIS COLTS -6 -4.5 Simple enough. when I try to subtract (or add) -6 and -4.5 into a new cell I get a value error. If I retype the -4.5 to -4.5 (I can't see why there is any difference) it works. (I don't have to retype the -6???, just the -4.5) I don't want to manually change all of the numbers so I can do simple subtraction and addition. This is frustrating. You may well have imported non-breaking space characters (code 1...

Page Cannot Be Displayed Error
Greetings Community, Users are receiving "Page cannot be displayed errors" all over the place. There's nothing in the event logs to indicate any problems. Has anyone experienced this? or Will anyone provide some insight as to how to remedy this? Thanks, Justin Have any changes been made to the ISV.config file or anything other changes that could indicate where the problem stems from? "Justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f8501c485fa$0088cca0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Greetings Community, > > Users are receiving "...

How do I manually remove CRM Client 1.2 for Outlook?
Desktop Computer XP Pro SP2 Outlook 2003 SP2 MSCRM 3.0 Desktop Client I had installed MSCRM 1.0 about a year and a half-ago. I later upgraded to 1.2. I am trying to install the CRM 3.0 Desktop Client on this Desktop PC, but it is giving me an error message: "An incompatible version of the Microsoft CRM Desktop client for Outlook..... ...... Version: 1.2.3297.0". I tried uninstalling the MSCRM 1.0(1.2) Client a long time ago, after I finished with 1.2, however, it would not uninstall. I tried removing the 1.2 Rollup, and it would say that it was finished and reboot the comput...

Access Error
Hi, My access database's size is 2 GB. I can't edit any field of them it show error all the time whenever I change the data. The error show " Invalid argument " . The file can work correctly before. My Partition C: is NTFS. Any could help me pls., Thank you. It might be time to perform a compact and repair on the database and / or look at either spliting the database with an MS Access front / backend or a SQL server backend. Here is what I would do: 1. Make a backup copy of the database 2. Create a new, empty database, and Import all of your objects (tables...

after crash forms display errors
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

RPC over HTTP in outlook
Hello, I am at a point where this problem is simply life and there is no fix, but I thought I'd ask and see what you guys think. I have a site that is connecting to a remote server for email. Server is Windows Server 2003 SP2 and Exchange 2007 SP1 with rollup 6 User is Windows Vista SP1 with Outlook 2007 SP1 Bandwidth test at site shows 1500 kbytes down and 500 kbytes up. I realize that this will be a major factor which is why I am mentioning it. When the user tries to load large emails 5+ Megabytes Outlook will appear to be frozen and not responding. If you are patient and wait ...

Access 97 Query Advise
Hi I need to use a query as follows; SELECT * FROM (SELECT * From Table1 staff WHERE Table1.Field2 = "A") AS T1 WHERE T1.Field1 = "X" The problem is that I get an error after first FROM saying 'Syntax Error'. I am assuming Access 97 does not support this sort of nested query which Access 2000 allows. Is there a way round this in Access 97? Thanks Regards On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:09:29 +0100, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >The problem is that I get an error after first FROM saying 'Syntax Error'. I >am assuming Ac...

send/receive error message
I kept getting a pop up box about email tasks not completed even when Outlook wasn't open. I clicked on something to make it go away (don't remember what it was exactly - I was in the middle of a project and this notice was very distracting). Now when the Inbox in open and I click on Send/Receive, I get an error message box that reads "The Operation Failed". I'm still getting mail, but only when it is scheduled to be scanned for incoming items. How can I restore the ability to check for incoming mail at will? What is the exact error message and what version of...

how do i get answer is 1 from CELL("color",sth) function?
I want to use the CELL function like that way, but even i applied many type of color to the source cell, the return value still 0 . So who can help me to format a cell so that the result of CELL("color",sth)=1 Thanks, T. Thinh "T.Thinh" <T.Thinh@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:B21A1035-36D5-458B-AC9E-BDBA25756CA8@microsoft.com... >I want to use the CELL function like that way, but even i applied many type > of color to the source cell, the return value still 0 . So who can help me > to > format a cell so that the result of CEL...

synchronization error of data migration manager
Dear all, I've just install Microsoft data migration manager. I have passed initial configuration manager successfully. Then my screen do a start up as below for a moment: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror.jpg But suddenly it goes back to login screen with login and cancel button only withoutt any error message (do nothing). Any body know what it might be wrong? Any help will be very appreciated. http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror2.jpg PS. I'm using crm 4.0 I'm system administrator. Tha...

External Error
Dear all, recently, we dropped a domain-control (Other DCs remain), other servers and clients can work well, but the CRM System cannot work, the dialog will appear that (External Error - No Such Object On Server. "The selected object could not be found. Verify that the object exists in both the database and Active Directory.") Then I let all my staff to stop working and Formated the computer, and reinstalled SQL server (and use sp_attach_DB to attach the original CRM databases). Then reinstalled the CRM Server 1.2 software. After that, the problem remains. I want to know (1)...

Unkown Error 0x8004060C
Under Outlook Send/Receive Progress Window, I am constantly receiving Error Messages that would not go away. Unkown error 0x8004060C anyone know how to fix this. I appreicate your assistance. Doug ...

SVC05002 table error with dynamics 9 upgrade ERROR
hi, I am trying to upgrade from Dynamics 9 to v10. On page 10, of the upgrade instructions they tell us to run select RTV_Return_Status from SVC05002 group by RTV_Return_Status having count(*) > 1 against the DYNAMICS table. I get the following error: Server: Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Invalid object name 'SVC05002'. Thanks for your help Hi Biren, Execute the script against your company database/s and proceed to the next step in the manual you are using. Hope this helps! Cheers, Dennis Araullo, MACS Microsoft Certified Techno...

0-byte Attachments for all HTTP Clients
Hello, I am running SBS 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2. I also use a Windows Mobile 5.0 device with MSFP, and am using Exchange ActiveSync to receive e-mail on the WM device. The WM device has no other e-mail services configured. I recently discovered that if I use any HTTP client (OWA, WM device) to access an e-mail attachment, the attachment is saved as a 0-byte file. This is true both on my WM device, and any time I am using OWA to access e-mail. The same attachments are properly saved from Outlook. I have read KB817442, "IIS 6.0: Antivirus Scanning of IIS Compression Directory Ma...

Office 2007 intalled but get error message when accessing applicat
Hi, I have Office Professional installed on my laptop but every time I try to run any office application I get the following error message. "Microsoft Office <Program Name> Has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application" I am the only user and I have re-installed the program but I still get the same error message when trying to use Word or Excel. Any idea's? Ray Woods ...

Help with error on PasteSpecial
Excel 2007. Bog standard code, below produces "Real Time Error '1004' PasteSpecial method of Range class failed." Any ideas on what could cause this ? Sorry forgot to enter code: Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False "Wes_A" wrote: > Excel 2007. > Bog standard code, below produces "Real Time Error '1004' > PasteSpecial method of Range class failed." > Any ideas on what could cause this ? > > > > Did you copy anything;...

Examining HTTP requests?
I'm developing a smallish HTTP server that needs to communicate with a web-browser at the client side. Does anybody know of any Class or API in Visual C++ that can be used to examine HTTP requests sent to this server of mine by a webbrowser........ So far all the classes I've come accross is MSDN are for use at the client end only...... Thank you have you try HttpFile? "mysty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> д����Ϣ���� :uPpOy5k7DHA.3860@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm developing a smallish HTTP server that needs to communicate with a > web-browser at ...

Redirect https to http Exchange 2007
Hello I am following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053 I can redirect the /OWA vdir but the redirect to SSL isnt working, any ideas. I got this working on Exchnage 2003 but cant get it working for 2007. Thanks "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B235CCE5-28A5-45EF-B419-62D1A632E701@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I am following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053 I can redirect the > /OWA vdir but the redirect to SSL isnt working, any ideas. I got this > working > on Exchnage 2003 but cant get it working for 2007. > &...

Error running email config wizard
Hello, A few months ago we setup a new SBS2003 server. At the time there was no plans to use Exchange so it wasn't installed. Now they want to use it so I've installed it and applied Exchange SP2 and when I run the email config wizard it fails with the following message: An error occurred while configuring a component. To continue with the wizard and configure remaining components, click OK. To end the wizard without configuring the remaining components, click Cancel. I found the following article that relates to this error: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-u...