HTTP 401 Access denied error while callingWhoAmI() method of BizUser

Hello

I have CRM up and running on a server and a web application on
another. Both the servers are on the same domain. I have integrated my
application with CRM using the isv.config file.
Now, everything was working ok till I was trying to access my
application through CRM from the server where the web application is
installed. When I tried doing the same thing through another machine
using the same windows login, I get Access Denied error at line

Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.CUserAuth oUserAuth = oBizUser.WhoAmI();

The web application has authentication mode set to windows. Anonymous
access off and Windows Integrated checked on. Also <identity
impersonate="true"/> is set in the web.config of my application.

I am just not able to find out what the problem is and its being there
for a long time ..

If any of you can throw some light on this ... it will be great

PS.
Also, can I make the setup on two different domains?
thanks,
Swati
0
swatisahasrabudhe
2/24/2004 12:49:56 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

> I have CRM up and running on a server and a web application on
> another. Both the servers are on the same domain. I have integrated my
> application with CRM using the isv.config file.
> Now, everything was working ok till I was trying to access my
> application through CRM from the server where the web application is
> installed. When I tried doing the same thing through another machine
> using the same windows login, I get Access Denied error at line
>
> Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.CUserAuth oUserAuth = oBizUser.WhoAmI();
>
> The web application has authentication mode set to windows. Anonymous
> access off and Windows Integrated checked on. Also <identity
> impersonate="true"/> is set in the web.config of my application.
>
> I am just not able to find out what the problem is and its being there
> for a long time ..
>
> If any of you can throw some light on this ... it will be great

A trace with a sniffer like Microsoft Network Monitor would help. If you do
not know how to do this, please open a servicerequest at Microsoft Business
Solutions
(http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Services/Support/default.mspx).

--
Ich hoffe, das hilft / I hope, this helps.

Microsoft Business Solutions Support
Michael Schumacher (MS)

(Microsoft kann f�r die Richtigkeit und Vollst�ndigkeit der Inhalte in
dieser Newsgroup keine Haftung �bernehmen. / This posting is provided "AS
IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your
use. � 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.)

0
Michael

cannot access default website from internal workstations
Running SBS 2003 R2, users on the local network cannot access the default website on the server. Users outside the local network can access the website with no problems. Trying to access the site using the IP address also does not work. I'm thinking it may be a DNS issue, but not sure exactly where to look. Brian Beckers wrote: > Running SBS 2003 R2, users on the local network cannot access the default > website on the server. Users outside the local network can access the website > with no problems. Trying to access the site using the IP address also does > n...

Date in Access
Is it correct to use next formula: 12/14/1999+ 12/14/2001? I’ve got result = 11/28/2101. What is wrong? You might want to ask in an Access forum and explain the context in which you're using that formula. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "ER" <ER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69ABCC01-1D28-4A45-8217-10FACA32228D@microsoft.com... > Is it correct to use next formula: 12/14/1999+ 12/14/2001? > I&...

RPC over HTTP in outlook
Hello, I am at a point where this problem is simply life and there is no fix, but I thought I'd ask and see what you guys think. I have a site that is connecting to a remote server for email. Server is Windows Server 2003 SP2 and Exchange 2007 SP1 with rollup 6 User is Windows Vista SP1 with Outlook 2007 SP1 Bandwidth test at site shows 1500 kbytes down and 500 kbytes up. I realize that this will be a major factor which is why I am mentioning it. When the user tries to load large emails 5+ Megabytes Outlook will appear to be frozen and not responding. If you are patient and wait ...

Access 97 Query Advise
Hi I need to use a query as follows; SELECT * FROM (SELECT * From Table1 staff WHERE Table1.Field2 = "A") AS T1 WHERE T1.Field1 = "X" The problem is that I get an error after first FROM saying 'Syntax Error'. I am assuming Access 97 does not support this sort of nested query which Access 2000 allows. Is there a way round this in Access 97? Thanks Regards On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:09:29 +0100, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >The problem is that I get an error after first FROM saying 'Syntax Error'. I >am assuming Ac...

Access Error
Hi, My access database's size is 2 GB. I can't edit any field of them it show error all the time whenever I change the data. The error show " Invalid argument " . The file can work correctly before. My Partition C: is NTFS. Any could help me pls., Thank you. It might be time to perform a compact and repair on the database and / or look at either spliting the database with an MS Access front / backend or a SQL server backend. Here is what I would do: 1. Make a backup copy of the database 2. Create a new, empty database, and Import all of your objects (tables...

can't send to hotmail or msn, dcom 10009 error?
Hello, I have an exchange 2003/win2003 server with all the latest updates/sp/smtp patches and it has weird errors when sending to msn or hotmail.com. I enabled the message tracking center and tried sending a test, but it sits in the queue, and message tracking repeats that it sent it..... 4/4/2005 3:25 SMTP: Started Outbound Transfer of message 4/4/2005 3:33 Message transferred to mc9-f25.hotmail.com through smtp 4/4/2005 3:34 SMTP: Started Outbound transfer of message 4/4/2005 3:41 Message transferred to mc7-f25.hotmail.com through smtp etc. the system event log has dcom 10009 errors ...

Outlook error MSO9.dll
Can someone please help me? When I attempt to open outlook, I recieve the following error message: "Outlook has now caused an error in MSO9.dll. Outloook will now close." How can I correct this problem? Hi Jeff, The problem you have reported can occur because the file Mso9.dll, common to all Microsoft Office 2000 programs, may be damaged or missing. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article 241817.KB.EN-US - OL2000: Invalid Page Fault in Module Mso9.dll You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft....

Outlook Web Access loin page (ASP)
Hello, Can someone give some information about creating a personalised logon page to microsoft exchange 2003 through OWA. I have searched the Internet and found information about it but no howto or something like that. Thx for the help !!! This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830827 "Strontje" <Strontje@pandora.be> wrote in message news:Gz6md.6$C%6.5708959@hebe.telenet-ops.be... > Hello, > > Can someone give some information about creating a personalised logon page > to microsoft exchange 2003 through OWA. > I have ...

CRM 3.0 Activities Error
Jut recently ungraded to CRM 3.0 from CRM 1.2 and in the Outlook client, now when creating a new task in a contact, then try and Save and Complete (not saved first) get a server error: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application Server was unable to process request. Exception Details: System.web.services.protocols.soapException: Server was unable to process Request. Then a whole bunch of code. We just went live on Monday and now getting all these problems - so the staff are not really very happy. This is the 2nd of 4 - so far that have gotten this ...

Forward http to http not working
I've followed the instruction in artcile 555126 and it doesn't seemt o want to work. I have Exchange 2003 and am accessing OWA with IE 6 All I get is the standard 403.4 error saying I need to add https . thanks! Sean On Tue, 10 May 2005 08:54:45 -0700, Sean <doyoureallyneedthis@nospam.name> wrote: >I've followed the instruction in artcile 555126 and it doesn't seemt o >want to work. >I have Exchange 2003 and am accessing OWA with IE 6 >All I get is the standard 403.4 error saying I need to add https . Did you set up SSL on the virtual directory with a ce...

error opening access
i have Access 2003 and can no longer open a database that I used up to the last 90 days. I receive a error message on Line : 110 for an Application or Object-defined error. I never had a problem before January. Check your references Solving Problems with Library References http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html "Rollie" <Rollie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1A7FF73-8579-4360-B154-727D29AFED78@microsoft.com... >i have Access 2003 and can no longer open a database that I used up to the > last 90 days. I receive a error message on Line : 110 for an A...

Errors Detected In File Since SP3
We're running Office XP and recently started installing SP3. On one PC since installing SP3 when the user opens certain Excel files they receive a prompt that says errors were detected in the file. This doesn't happen with all files, just some files. If the user goes through the repair process and saves the file all is well and the error doesn't occur again for the same file. This never happened before SP3 was installed. Are there legitimately errors in some of the user's Excel files that were previously undetected without SP3 or is something else going on that can b...

Office 2007 intalled but get error message when accessing applicat
Hi, I have Office Professional installed on my laptop but every time I try to run any office application I get the following error message. "Microsoft Office <Program Name> Has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application" I am the only user and I have re-installed the program but I still get the same error message when trying to use Word or Excel. Any idea's? Ray Woods ...

0-byte Attachments for all HTTP Clients
Hello, I am running SBS 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2. I also use a Windows Mobile 5.0 device with MSFP, and am using Exchange ActiveSync to receive e-mail on the WM device. The WM device has no other e-mail services configured. I recently discovered that if I use any HTTP client (OWA, WM device) to access an e-mail attachment, the attachment is saved as a 0-byte file. This is true both on my WM device, and any time I am using OWA to access e-mail. The same attachments are properly saved from Outlook. I have read KB817442, "IIS 6.0: Antivirus Scanning of IIS Compression Directory Ma...

Restricting access to activities for given customized entity
Hi everyone, I have a scenario with a company that would like to have any activities associated with account and contacts to be open to every user (Organisation Read Access) as a base line but for given projects associated with given accounts and contacts, activites should be confidential and access level restricted to user or team (User Read Access). When project is finished it can be shared with everyone (i.e. share to team "All users"). I can create custom entity called Project with relationship to Account and restrict access to this Project entity on a user level. From entity...

Outlook Web Access and Windows XP
I'm running Outlook Web Access on a Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000. No problem accessing the system from any platform, except Windows XP. Is this an "XP" problem, and is there something to do to fix it? what does it do ? I've got the same setup with no problems "Jerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:201101c3cf10$ccc14370$3101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm running Outlook Web Access on a Windows 2000 Server > with Exchange 2000. No problem accessing the system from > any platform, except Windows XP. Is this an "...

Examining HTTP requests?
I'm developing a smallish HTTP server that needs to communicate with a web-browser at the client side. Does anybody know of any Class or API in Visual C++ that can be used to examine HTTP requests sent to this server of mine by a webbrowser........ So far all the classes I've come accross is MSDN are for use at the client end only...... Thank you have you try HttpFile? "mysty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> д����Ϣ���� :uPpOy5k7DHA.3860@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm developing a smallish HTTP server that needs to communicate with a > web-browser at ...

Limiting Team Member access
Using Project Server 2007. I am trying to limit Team Member access to being able to view only projects (Summary and Details) on which they are assigned tasks. I created custom My Tasks category and Team Members group. Team Members group allows: - View Project Details in Project Center - View Project Summary in Project Center - View Project Workspace My Tasks category settings: - Contains custom Team Members group set with permissions above - Projects section set to 'All current and future projects...' where 'The User is on that project's Project Team' - ...

Access and Jet version
Hello, It's stated that "The Access 2003 Setup program does not update any system files. Therefore, after you install Access you may not have the latest version of the Jet 4.0 database engine." in KB239114 which totally confused me. Could anyone help me understand about this strategy? Thanks, MS ...

IE Browser crashes when accessing CRM
When accessing the CRM web site from our server, things work fine. When I try to access any of the CRM urls from a client in our domain, the IE browser crashes. Which I find odd. No broken link, it just crashes. Has anyone seen this problem before?? Disable popup blocker or exclude CRM URL from popup blocker list "Neil Greene" <NeilGreene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12F2E8DD-6E0A-470B-BCDE-1AB02F9D40B0@microsoft.com... > When accessing the CRM web site from our server, things work fine. > > When I try to access any of the CRM urls from a c...

Listbox not allowing access when sheet is first opened
The listbox only allows the user to select a value when the spreadsheet is first opened after you touch a cell on another sheet. How do I get rid of this. If I can't get rid of it how do I get the spreadsheet to run a macro on startup to select another sheet to hide the problem? ...

Error running email config wizard
Hello, A few months ago we setup a new SBS2003 server. At the time there was no plans to use Exchange so it wasn't installed. Now they want to use it so I've installed it and applied Exchange SP2 and when I run the email config wizard it fails with the following message: An error occurred while configuring a component. To continue with the wizard and configure remaining components, click OK. To end the wizard without configuring the remaining components, click Cancel. I found the following article that relates to this error: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-u...

Redirect https to http Exchange 2007
Hello I am following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053 I can redirect the /OWA vdir but the redirect to SSL isnt working, any ideas. I got this working on Exchnage 2003 but cant get it working for 2007. Thanks "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B235CCE5-28A5-45EF-B419-62D1A632E701@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I am following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053 I can redirect the > /OWA vdir but the redirect to SSL isnt working, any ideas. I got this > working > on Exchnage 2003 but cant get it working for 2007. > &...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Using Multiple Check Boxes in Access 2003
Hi, I haven't used Access in a while and I tried researching to no avail. I have created a form and all I want to do is put groups of check boxs together under specific categories and be able to check off more than one check box under each category. -- Thanks! I think you need to use unbound check boxes. You'll only be able to use these on forms in "single form" view. HTH; Amy "Cynthia" <Cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A15178F-8AF0-43E6-B515-0FE118989040@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I haven't used Access in a...