HTML Emails and Workflow

I need to be able to send an HTML email using a workflow rule. I've
been told it can be done (The help files), but whenever I do it - it
loses all formatting.

I am currently creating an HTML page in VS2005/Word, and copying/
pasting the design of it into the workflow rule. I have tried only
copying the bits I want, as well as the whole document.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ian.

0
Ian
9/12/2007 4:07:49 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ian,

just take a look at the email templates in the settings section and use
these templates to work with in your workflow...

"Ian" wrote:

> I need to be able to send an HTML email using a workflow rule. I've
> been told it can be done (The help files), but whenever I do it - it
> loses all formatting.
>
> I am currently creating an HTML page in VS2005/Word, and copying/
> pasting the design of it into the workflow rule. I have tried only
> copying the bits I want, as well as the whole document.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Ian.

Apologies, I don't think I made myself clear.
I needed to use the description field because I cannot create email
templates for custom entities.
However, I have just found a potential solution to this. This can be
found here:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/a80afdbb04e7270d/c4f2882439997985?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=html+workflow&rnum=1#c4f2882439997985

It's a nice easy solution, but has two issues:

1. You have to put the html in there, rather than creating from a
designer. No real problem.
2. The reason the pre tags are there is so that the text is html
encoded. Using this method will remove the html encoding for any slugs
that you decide to put in there.

Neither of these are a problem for us, so we are using it.

Ian.

0
Ian

Emailing from Outlook 2003
I can't get my Outlook 2003 to send emails from the Outbox. It works on my other computer but not on this new one. Why what happens when you try -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "jazzyjeffb" <jazzyjeffb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDA10E2D-DFE4-4D58-8F85-0BA37F59023D@microsoft.com... >I can't get my Outlook 2003 to send emails from the Outbox. It works on my > other computer but not on this new one. ...

email archiving...
We are looking at implementing an email archiving solution and are looking at several solutions - both SaaS and in house solutions. I am currently looking at SaaS solutions Spam Soap (as we already have their spam and virus service) and Google's Message Discovery service - and for in house I have looked at a solution from C2C Archive One so far. Can anyone recommend any other solutions you have used (or are using) and are quite happy with? We are running Exchange 2000 on a small business server. Thanks, Brad On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:39:02 -0500, "Brad Pears&qu...

Contacts 'display as' keeps showing email address even when I dele
I'm using Outlook 2007 recently upgraded from Outlook 2003 contacts. I don't like email addresses showing in emails, so I have always written 'display as' with name only in Contacts. However, Outlook 2007 has added the email address in 'display as' for everyone. When I go in to delete the email address, SAVE and Close - and go back to check, nine times out of ten, the email address is back in there. Very frustrating. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix? I just want 'display as' to simply reflect what I put in there - not what Outlook decides...

outlook and HTML message
I am using outlook 2003. I have composed a message in HTML and using POP yahoo account. I sent a message to myself. In my outlook I got that message with one extra line after each line break. Where to correct the problem. Is it outlook issue or my yahoo pop issue. When I send the same email to my Gmail account, in the browser it looks the same as what I sent i.e. no extra lines etc. thanks. Put your HTML message in a table cell. "abcd" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message news:%23F72x7JkGHA.4828@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am using outlook 2003. I have composed a messag...

email does not appear in the "in box" it just does not appear at all
Outlook 2003 XP All was working well until I switched to AT&T U-Verse (my mistake). The change to their new POP3 mail servers has caused the following condition: Junk mail is received and displayed in the "junk e-mail" folder. Regular email does not appear at all, yet it can be found received on the web mail browser. Their tech support seems to be at a loss and started finger pointing. Any help here will be much appreciated. Do you have any rules enabled that could be moving things around? Are you receiving any errors when the send/receive process completes? &q...

+ (in a box) to the left of the "from" field on email
I hit ctrl and an h and this + (in a box) appreard to the left of my from field. It then posts all future emails to that original one with the + and box. How do I get rid of the + and box? "KFDUTCH" <KFDUTCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4691B596-6262-49A0-A389-C9E2F564C67E@microsoft.com... >I hit ctrl and an h and this + (in a box) appreard to the left of my from > field. It then posts all future emails to that original one with the + > and > box. How do I get rid of the + and box? Alt V V G. -- Regards Steve. MS-M...

Viewing HTML in E-mail for Outlook 97
How do you view HTML e-mail messages in Outlook 97. The mail program does not have HTML settings and when I open mail that has HTML, it coverts all of the HTML to hyperlinks. So I can't see graphics, photos, etc in- line...many thanks! Dwayne Outlook 97 does not support HTML at all. The first version to support this was Outlook 98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Dwayne &...

emails route to a public folder
Anyone can tell me how to route an email address to a public folder so everyone can check this public emails through this public folder on Exchange 2000. http://www.msexchange.org/articles/MF021.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "ginger8990" <ginger8990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BDB18F5-1079-408A-91AC-5766A60DFD90@microsoft.com... > Anyone can tell me how to route an email address to a public folder so > everyone can check this public emails through this public folder on > Exchange >...

Delayed Emails #2
I am having trouble recieving emails in outlook. i am recieving emails ten minutes after everyone else does and it is starting to effect important parts of my work. if someone could help at all in anyway i would really appreciate. thanks ...

Generating HTML
Is there ant way to include the Internet Explorer component in a MFC .exe project and somehow generate HTML. Maybe first generate XML and then using XSLT templates to generate HTML. For any solutions i'de be very thankfull. Regards, Mystique Yaa >>Is there ant way to include the Internet Explorer component in a MFC .exe project You can use CHtmlView class to use Internet Explorer in your MFC application. >> Maybe first generate XML and then using XSLT templates to generate HTML. You can use MSXML to create XML document. MSXML has many interfaces that you could use for ...

Outlook 2000 won't delete emails
"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error" It says, helpfully. It leaves emails still sitting in the Inbox that I want to consign to the delete box. Oddly enough, if I go to another folder and delete something there, it will sometimes work - and then even allow me to delete a message or two from the Inbox before reverting to the error message. I've removed Outlook and re-installed it, with no improvement. No idea why this problem has arisen - it was fine till yesterday and I've not altered anything in the meantime. Any ideas? ...

Email address fields should not be formatted as a link
Email address fields in CRM are formatted in blue and underlined. This normally indicates a link in CRM. However, when users click on an email address, nothing happens. This does not meet users expectations. Email fields should either not be formatted as links or the field should perform an action when clicked on, like open up a new email in outlook pre-filled with the email address. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message...

get_outerhtml for the HTML element does not return <HTML>......</HTML>
//////////sample code snippet//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// hr = _Browser->get_Document(&document_dispatch); if (SUCCEEDED(hr) && (document_dispatch != NULL)) { IHTMLDocument3 *document = NULL; hr = document_dispatch->QueryInterface(IID_IHTMLDocument3,(void **)&document); IHTMLElement* pElem; hr = document->get_documentElement(&pElem); // document.documentelement.outerhtml if (hr == S_OK && pElem != NULL) { pElem->get_tagName(&bstrTemp); //bstrTemp contains "HTML" for the HTML el...

Print a HTML document programatically
Hi, I need to print a html docment dynamically produced at runtime, at that instance. I'm using shellexecute for this, which is popping up the Windows default PrintDialog. I want it to be printed directly. Can anyone suggest a solution or give some sample code for this. Please do reply. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Ajay Kumar Have you looked at IWebBrowser2::ExecWB? This also might be helpful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnie55/html /wb_print.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ajay Kumar" &...

OWA not saving draft emails
I have noticed that when using OWA (Ex2003) if I want to save an email in the draft folder it does not save it. Does a setting need to be changed or is this a flaw with OWA? I have figured out the problem "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ot7Q3gvAEHA.2112@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have noticed that when using OWA (Ex2003) if I want to save an email > in the draft folder it does not save it. Does a setting need to be changed > or is this a flaw with OWA? > > ...

email #3
How do I password protect my email in Outlook? Several people have access to my computer while I'm gone and I would like to password protect my email account. Have tried but doesn't seem to work. What version? IN 2002 File>Data File Management>Settings>Change Password. Just before to write down the password and seal it away somewhere, cause if you forget it there is NO way to get back into your email. "Judy" <judyberg@sunflower.com> wrote in message news:047e01c34d7a$8bbf3a20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I password protect my email in Outlook? Severa...

web based email
Is it possible to use Outlook to receive and send using a web based account. I have MSN. What are the advantages and disadvantages? Does anyone know how to set it up? Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. ...

email receive date and time changes
I don't know if this is an exchange or outlook problem. but my email receive date and time, and whether marked as unread constantly updates. I read the emails then some time later look at inbox and all the emails have new current date and time and are marked unread. how odd I'd appreaciate any help Jon Please provide the following information: 1) Version of Outlook 2) Email environment: Exchange, POP3, etc. 3) Does the user have a PST? If so, what is the size? 4) Are there any error messages/numbers? 5) Have you checked the application event viewer for any Outlook or Off...

html
How do you create an "html" file? We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display monitor Halo! I am student!!!! ...

Outlook Junk EMail Filter
I'm using Outlook 2007 with Exchange Server 2003 on the back end. Cached mode is enabled. Junk Email filter is set to "Low: Move the most obvious junk e-mail to the Junk E-mail folder". Nothing is listed in the Safe Senders/Recipients list and Blocked Senders list. Outlook seems to think that ALL email NOT coming from Exchange server is junk mail. They all go to Junk folder. I got the same result when using OL2003. I thought OL2007 works better than OL2003 but apparently it is the same. Is this how the filter is supposed to work when enabled? "John" <a>...

How to drag a picture from html page and save to local computer
Hi, I had written an application with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0(with sp5), I wanna drag a picture from html page and drop in my application, a dialog-based application, but I don't know how to set the clipboard format, CF_GIF?, and, If I can get a href-link for the picture, So my problem is addressed now. So..., I don't know how to do? Anybody can offer some articles or codes to help? Any help will be appreciated! Allen Chang ...

**FREE!** EARN UP TO $8000/MONTH DELETING YOUR EMAILS. (-: (-: (-: Smile-N-Mail :-) :-) :-)
FREE! EARN UPTO $8000/MONTH DELETING YOUR EMAILS ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- **FREE!** EARN UP TO $8000/MONTH DELETING YOUR EMAILS EARN UP TO $8000/MONTH DELETING YOUR EMAILS NO SCAM! 100%FREE! This is so easy that anyone can do this. IT IS FREE!!! NO INVESTMENT OF MONEY AT ALL!!! YOU can earn a fantastic income with no investment And in only about 20 minutes a day! Try it for 30 days and see for yourself how to generate The kind of money you have been looking for, without Spending any money of your own! Potential of $8000 Per Month ...

Problem w/email signature on scanned docs.
When we use our printer to scan a document to email, the email that comes up to send will not automatically add the signature that is set to go with mail from that user. Does anyone know if there is a setting I'm missing somewhere? We use Outlook 2003 and an HP LaserJet 3015 printer/scanner/fax. Thank you Pearl King "Pearl King" <paking@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:e5tHJtuiJHA.956@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When we use our printer to scan a document to email, the email that comes > up to send will not automatically add the signature that is set to go wi...

Exchange 2003 converting Plain text to HTML in unwanted
We have Exchange 2003 SP1 installed and we have a couple of accounts that forward email to a server that strips out information from the email like racing stats and things. This is setup by having an alternate delivery address set for the account. What I am seeing is the email is coming in to the account is in plain text but then exchange forwards the email onto the server it is converting it to HTML which is screwing the parser and it is not able to strip out the information any more. Is there anything that can stop this hapenning?? ...

Other email account is taken over by hotmail.
The emals who are sent to my account HetNet are a short time availbe for that account, than they are moved to my hotmail account. Why? How does I chance it? Is your hotmail account (on the web) also configured to pull in the Hetnet email? You may just need to discontinue that. "tempelmanhendirks" <tempelmanhendirks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73C1EE54-D6B1-4470-88A8-ED0C8411B5AF@microsoft.com... > The emals who are sent to my account HetNet are a short time availbe for > that > account, than they are moved to my hotmail account. W...