How update entity in post update?

I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want update
some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a recursive
post callout.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you for pay attention
[]'s
Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo

0
Vin
8/4/2004 8:43:17 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You need to check the OrigObjectXML field to see what fields were updated and
then act appropriately.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:43:17 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
<vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want update
some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a recursive
post callout.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you for pay attention
[]'s
Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo

0
Matt
8/5/2004 3:48:42 AM
I think who you don't understand what is the problemn.

Last draft the application flow:
1. The user open a Opportunity record and edit some data then he submit the
changes
2. The PostUpdate are fired.
3. I get the OrigObjectXML and calculeted some fields based on other
fields...
4. Into my PostUpdate I call the Update method of the CRMOpportunity class.
5. This call fire again the PostUpdate method and we are in a recursive
infinit loop!

Now you understand the PostCallout issue?

Than you for your attention, Matt.
[]'s
Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
> You need to check the OrigObjectXML field to see what fields were updated
and
> then act appropriately.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:43:17 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
> <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
> I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want update
> some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
> Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a
recursive
> post callout.
>
> Can somebody help me?
>
> Thank you for pay attention
> []'s
> Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo

0
Vin
8/5/2004 11:15:57 AM
But the OrigObjectXml is only suppossed to have the fields that were changed by
the update.  You can check for which feiilds are in that XML and if you see it
isn't a field you care about, you can bypass your calculation.  This is no
different the designing a SQL trigger.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:15:57 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
<vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

I think who you don't understand what is the problemn.

Last draft the application flow:
1. The user open a Opportunity record and edit some data then he submit the
changes
2. The PostUpdate are fired.
3. I get the OrigObjectXML and calculeted some fields based on other
fields...
4. Into my PostUpdate I call the Update method of the CRMOpportunity class.
5. This call fire again the PostUpdate method and we are in a recursive
infinit loop!

Now you understand the PostCallout issue?

Than you for your attention, Matt.
[]'s
Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
> You need to check the OrigObjectXML field to see what fields were updated
and
> then act appropriately.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:43:17 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
> <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
> I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want update
> some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
> Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a
recursive
> post callout.
>
> Can somebody help me?
>
> Thank you for pay attention
> []'s
> Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo

0
Matt
8/5/2004 5:49:44 PM
Know I understand what you are trying to say... This can works.

Thank you, Matt.

> But the OrigObjectXml is only suppossed to have the fields that were
changed by
> the update.  You can check for which feiilds are in that XML and if you
see it
> isn't a field you care about, you can bypass your calculation.  This is no
> different the designing a SQL trigger.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:15:57 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
> <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
> I think who you don't understand what is the problemn.
>
> Last draft the application flow:
> 1. The user open a Opportunity record and edit some data then he submit
the
> changes
> 2. The PostUpdate are fired.
> 3. I get the OrigObjectXML and calculeted some fields based on other
> fields...
> 4. Into my PostUpdate I call the Update method of the CRMOpportunity
class.
> 5. This call fire again the PostUpdate method and we are in a recursive
> infinit loop!
>
> Now you understand the PostCallout issue?
>
> Than you for your attention, Matt.
> []'s
> Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo.
>
> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem
> > You need to check the OrigObjectXML field to see what fields were
updated
> and
> > then act appropriately.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:43:17 -0300, "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo"
> > <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> >
> > I created a handler for Update post callout for Opportunity. I want
update
> > some fields of the opportunity on the PostUpdate. However, if I call the
> > Update method of CRMOpportunity in the PostUpdate I will create a
> recursive
> > post callout.
> >
> > Can somebody help me?
> >
> > Thank you for pay attention
> > []'s
> > Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo

0
Vin

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

Removing a partition (with apologies for cross-posting)
(I originally submitted this question to ms.public.windowsxp.hardware, but, belatedly, it occurred to me that it isn`t really a hardware question after all, so I hope that I have now chosen the correct NG.) My HD has two partitions : F:/ is the main one I use, running Win XP SP3, but the other uses Win 98SE. I very rarely use this partition and it was only created so that I could run old software. I increased RAM to 1.5 GB a while back, and when I tried to boot into Win 98SE today, I got the "Insufficient memory to initialize Windows. Quit one or more memory-resident programs...

How update entity in post update?

Contact lookup in Opportunity Entity
Often times we sell to one end-user within a large organization (Account). I consider the Accout our customer so use the Potential Customer field to lookup the Account. However, I would like to be able to quickly see that Joe Smith is the primary contact for a particular opportunity so that when I view 'My Opportunities' I can go to the one with Primary Contact Joe Smith. The way we do this now is by inputing the Topic of the Opportunity to be "Joe Smith - Software Sale". Then when we open that opportunity we can go to relationships and find that Joe Smith is the Business Dec...

Posting Setup #3
I am new to MS Dynamics GP and I am facing problems in setting up posting Accounts for Inventory. I want to know implications of each posting account requirements. I have gone through the user manual provided along with the product but couldn't find it. Thanks for your time First, you should check out www.accoladespublications.com for their books on this topic. Do you need assistance with every field? -- Charles Allen, MVP "pathik shah" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics GP and I am facing problems in setting up > posting Accounts for Inventory. I want to know impl...

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

PM Transaction Posting Journal
I need to add the Dist Ref line into this report to print the batch edit list. I was able to pull the field in but can' get it to print with the FIELD 9 (account number). Has anyone else been able to add to this fields before? This is a copy of the KB Article 865470 This article discusses how to add the Distribution Reference from the Payables Distribution window to the Transaction Posting journal. Note Do not follow this resolution if you are using Inter-Company transactions. This information can be added, but you will lose your Tax information from this journal report. If t...

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Test to see if new group posting works
Seems to work :o) Welcome back. Tom "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:W_90h.445$Mh6.95@newsfe24.lga... > > Actually it did not work on my end. All of my newsgroup messages quit downloading three days ago. I have to unsubscribe and reboot, then resubscribe to get it to work again. I have the same problem on two identical computers. "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message news:u6m6a0U%23GHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Seems to work :o) Welcome back. > > Tom > > "Peter Olcott" <...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

automatically update field
Hi I have a combo box with two columns - product & stock code. When I select a product I want the the stock code column which I have in my table to automatically populate. Is this possible to have on the actual main table? -- Thank you for your help Yes - you could use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set the value of the control bound to the field holding the stock code. But - why ? You already have the stock code so it seems you want to store it again (twice in the same table or - even worse - in another table). Both of these are very bad ideas. You should use the rel...