How to synchronise Excel and PPT files in CRM

Hi,
I have some external files (non CRM files like excel and ppt files). How can
I synchronise those files in CRM?

0
Bikram (4)
8/24/2009 5:45:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

What do you mean by syncronize them in CRM?  If you want to upload them into
the CRM database, then you can attach them to a contact or any other entity
using the Notes area of that entity.  But that's not synchronzation by any
strech of the imagination.

Maybe if you can explain what you are trying to do...

Dave Ireland

"Bikram" <Bikram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have some external files (non CRM files like excel and ppt files). How
> can
> I synchronise those files in CRM?

0
direland (470)
8/24/2009 12:50:38 PM
These are the external files(may be reports) which contains data of CRM and
are integrated with CRM(i.e files can be opened from CRM screens! How to
integrate also a question?) , So when any modification happens in CRM
database that should be reflect in those files.How?

Second thing is attachment,suppose we have some ppt files, word documents
which are attached in the CRM (how to attch those files in CRM screens is
also a question?), Now how to update those files?

"Dave Ireland" wrote:

> What do you mean by syncronize them in CRM?  If you want to upload them into
> the CRM database, then you can attach them to a contact or any other entity
> using the Notes area of that entity.  But that's not synchronzation by any
> strech of the imagination.
>
> Maybe if you can explain what you are trying to do...
>
> Dave Ireland
>

> "Bikram" <Bikram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have some external files (non CRM files like excel and ppt files). How
> > can
> > I synchronise those files in CRM?

0
Bikram (4)
8/25/2009 3:55:02 AM
Bikram, I don't think there is any facility to embed CRM data links in your
office documents.  The CRM has a mail merge feature which does this in a
limited sense, but I think to accomplish this you would need to write some
custom code so that when your documents were opened that they connected to
the CRM server to refresh their data.  Perhaps there are others on this
board that have tried to do something link this, but I'm afraid I can't
help!

Dave

> These are the external files(may be reports) which contains data of CRM
> and
> are integrated with CRM(i.e files can be opened from CRM screens! How to
> integrate also a question?) , So when any modification happens in CRM
> database that should be reflect in those files.How?
>
> Second thing is attachment,suppose we have some ppt files, word documents
> which are attached in the CRM (how to attch those files in CRM screens is
> also a question?), Now how to update those files?
>

> "Dave Ireland" wrote:
>
>> What do you mean by syncronize them in CRM?  If you want to upload them
>> into
>> the CRM database, then you can attach them to a contact or any other
>> entity
>> using the Notes area of that entity.  But that's not synchronzation by
>> any
>> strech of the imagination.
>>
>> Maybe if you can explain what you are trying to do...
>>
>> Dave Ireland
>>

>> "Bikram" <Bikram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I have some external files (non CRM files like excel and ppt files).
>> > How
>> > can
>> > I synchronise those files in CRM?

0
direland (470)
8/25/2009 12:30:55 PM
On Aug 25, 10:30=A0pm, "Dave Ireland" <direl...@salentica.com> wrote:
> Bikram, I don't think there is any facility to embed CRM data links in yo=
ur
> office documents. =A0The CRM has a mail merge feature which does this in =
> limited sense, but I think to accomplish this you would need to write som=
> custom code so that when your documents were opened that they connected t=
> the CRM server to refresh their data. =A0Perhaps there are others on this
> board that have tried to do something link this, but I'm afraid I can't
> help!
>
> Dave
>
> "Bikram" <Bik...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > These are the external files(may be reports) which contains data of CRM
> > and
> > are integrated with CRM(i.e files can be opened from CRM screens! How t=
> > integrate also a question?) , So when any modification happens in CRM
> > database that should be reflect in those files.How?
>
> > Second thing is attachment,suppose we have some ppt files, word documen=
ts
> > which are attached in the CRM (how to attch those files in CRM screens =
is
> > also a question?), Now how to update those files?
>
> > "Dave Ireland" wrote:
>
> >> What do you mean by syncronize them in CRM? =A0If you want to upload t=
hem
> >> into
> >> the CRM database, then you can attach them to a contact or any other
> >> entity
> >> using the Notes area of that entity. =A0But that's not synchronzation =
by
> >> any
> >> strech of the imagination.
>
> >> Maybe if you can explain what you are trying to do...
>
> >> Dave Ireland
>
> >> "Bikram" <Bik...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

The recent Business Action Training Tour had a session on integrating
Microsoft Office and Dynamics CRM. See if you can get a copy of the
DVDs from this as they had all sorts of labs and sample code on them.

Leon Tribe
Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
or hear me tweet @leontribe
0
leon.tribe (293)

Excel Pivot Table Memory/Cache
When I create a pivot table using the same external data (i.e Access Database), the size of the resulting excel files vary. Same database, same number of records, same number of columns etc. For instance, I create the pivot table and the resulting excel file size is 20 MB. I refresh the pivot table later (a few hours or the next day) and the files size is now 35 MB . The database has not changed since the original pivot table was built. When I create a new pivot using a new workbook, sometimes I get 20 MB and on other occassions it is 35 MB. I deliberately follow the same p...

Excel graph where series-label is a part of the data
I have data, where the series name (the Label, below, like 1024, 2048) is part of the rows of data. Let's say the 1,2,3 are the months to guide the plot on the x-axis. The data to plot is the 0.41, 0.47, etc. Q: How to plot, showing the labeled series, without a lot of cut and paste (Imagine 200 rows!). Best case would be 3 series, in a line chart. In XL2007, I can get the graph, but then need to go back to each series to add the cell-reference for the series name. If I go to the fomula bar, I can paste in and modify for each series, but still very tedious. The data, for example:...

New Microsoft CRM Online Help update available now
We have updated the online help for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 based on feedback we received from customers and partners between December 2005 and April 2006. You’ll find expanded information and clarifications in many existing topics, and more than 50 new troubleshooting topics. Download the self-installing Help here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=309129a8-9a6b-478a-87c8-fd7e7e1e6486&DisplayLang=en Crystal Smithwick Technical Writer Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Emailing Query Results in Excel
Hi. I am using Microsoft Query in Excel, and the results come back fine; however, when I go to Send To--Mail recipient, then choose "sheet", it sends my spreadsheet without my Excel Query data. How can I email the results of my query to another person? I have tried this several times, and every time you see the outline of the spreadsheet, but no data. Please help!? Thanks, CJ Hello CJ, Try copying the data and then Paste Special/Values to another location. HTH, Greg "CJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1936c01c41c46$b5aa93c0...

How do I transpose an Excel 2003 column of data?
It used to be you could highlight a column, do a Copy and then, when you selected paste, you were presented the opportunity to Transpose. I am not offered the opportunity to Transpose. What gives? You need to select Paste Special not just Paste, then you will see the option to Transpose -- Regards Roger Govier "LordByron" <LordByron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70597F3E-34B6-4C64-86C0-E24A70D6DEBC@microsoft.com... > It used to be you could highlight a column, do a Copy and then, when you > selected paste, you were presented the opportunity to T...

CRM 3.0 & Outlook Sync
We are running CRM 3.0, Outlook 2003 (Cached Exchange Mode, RPC over HTTP), Exchange 2003 SP2. We are running into issues when going offline that if new records were created online and we synchronize, we get the standard: "The CRM Server is not available. Please check your connection etc". However, we don't actually lose a connection. This appears to only be happening when new records or items are created and assigned to the specific user. However, we stay connected and can continue working normally. Would this be something with the local MSDE db, CRM itself or Outlo...

synchronisity
hello, I'm not sure whether i'm in the right forum but it seems like a good place to start. I have made an excel program for site inspectors which only has two users, each with a copy of the program on their desktop, both with each others information on one file. What i really want is to have a copy on a network group file so i can make any ammendments to the program, which will then be passed on to their copies on their desktop, probably in a similar way to website synchronisation which is updated every so often. An even better solution (but probably much harder!) would b...

How to find file causing backup failure Access Denied 0x80070005?
Apparently at least one "Document" file on my Vista laptop is causing File Backup to fail "Access Denied" 0x80070005. I read lots of google on this but most points to something like: "This error occurs because the recovery partition is enabled for File Backup or System Restore and is almost full. To work around this, do not select D:\ as a backup source. Also, go to System Protection in Control Panel and make sure that D:\ is not enabled for restore points." This is on an external disk so none of that stuff would seem to apply. If I unselect &...

Visible Excel window.
Can someone tell me why do I see the Excel Window(without the sheet) at the execution of my script that read the first line third column of a specific sheet? This script run's under XP on my local machine. Here is my code: Set app = CreateObject("Excel.Application") app.ScreenUpdating = False app.Application.EnableEvents = False app.Visible = False Set Workbook = app.Workbooks.Open("Filename.xls") app.Application.EnableEvents = False app.ScreenUpdating = False app.Visible = False app.Sheets("DAILY").Select intRow = 1 'Do Until app.Cells(intRow,1).Value...

Very slow Excel
Hi, Recently my excel has trouble opening and closing my workbooks. I takes about 30 seconds to open or close a workbook. Furthermore, i takes far too long to save a workbook. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to speed things up? My workbooks are not large, so that should not be a problem. There ar VBA scripts in the workbooks, but not much, so that should not be problem either. If you have any idea what I can do about this, please respond. Yours truly, Berend Botj -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Not too sure myself, but I first think of these areas: 1) Is yo...

Price Comparison Macro
I have a workbook with four sheets in it. On each of the first three sheets, located in cells F33:F52 and N33:N52 are unit prices. The fourth sheet is blank. I would like to know if (and how) a macro can be created that would look at the unit price in cell F33 of Sheet 1, then compare it to the unit price in F33 of Sheet 2 and F33 of Sheet three, decide which is the lowest, and place it in the cell F33 of sheet 4. Then, look at the next cell (F34) and do the same thing, etc. I am an absolute novie with VBA, but really need this. It would make my life so much easier. Thanks. Gosh...

The system file cannot be specified
I don't know if this is the right group but I hope someone can help. I have XP Home with Service Pack 3. I have a file on my NTFS slave drive with following entry in one of its directories: 01 - O 'twas a joyful sound to hear (Colchester) _Tansus/mq3 Obviously there's an invalid character in the name but I can't delete it. Every time I do, it says: "The system file cannot be specified." It has a file length of 0 bytes. I have tried many ways to delete this, but nothing works. Here are just two of the many things I've tried: http://support.mic...

excel template #9
I want to make excel template (like invoice.xlt, village software.xlt, expenses.xlt etc. which are readymade in Excel). Is there any website which will help me learn with easy steps to prepare template files? Pl. guide. -- Knowldege is Power Maybe you can glean some stuff from J.E. McGimpsey: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html Ajit Munj wrote: > > I want to make excel template (like invoice.xlt, village software.xlt, > expenses.xlt > etc. which are readymade in Excel). Is there any website which will help > me learn with easy steps to prepare template...

excel templates currency conversion
How on earth can i use the ms office templates with £s and not $s i am a new user and have no idea!!! noel wrote: > How on earth can i use the ms office templates with £s and not $s i am a new > user and have no idea!!! Right click on the cell and select format. In the box that comes up click number then select currency. Under symbol select the proper symbol. gls858 ...

Local Data synchronisation problem
Hello, I have a strange problem when I try to syncronize Outlook and CRM using the local data option. The first time that I have syncronize Outlook and CRM everything work fine and no problem appear. The CRM Contact appear inside the Outlook contact. But don't ask me why, I have delete all contact inside my Outlook (but don't forget all contact are always inside the CRM). After this, I try to syncronize again Outlook and CRM but this time no contact appear inside the Outlook. Someone have an idea how can I fix this ? P.S.: My Outlook use an Exchange server and the Outlook d...

Task Category does not appear to sync between CRM 3.0 and Outlook
I've been trying to find a way to sync the category field on a CRM task with the outlook task categories. Is this possible? Have I missed something? Whatever category I set for a task in Outlook it is blank in CRM. The same is true the other direction. The tasks themselves seem to sync but the Category fields are unaffected. Any help would be appreciated. ....Steve This field is not synchronized and the mapping is not customizable. Maybe you could store the data in the subject field. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

2007 Outlook.exe process consume CPU and continues running after File->Exit
I have Outlook 2007 running under Windows Vista and have a situation where Outlook consumes the majority of my CPU cyles (always above 80% in the Windows Task Manager) and close Outlook using File->Exit, the outlook.exe process continues to run and consume CPU cycles. I can't run Outlook again unless I terminate the process. Anyone else seen this behavior? Any solutions? In my add-in list I have the following, some of which surprised me: Cloudmark Desktop (Spam catcher) iTunes Outlook Addin (? didn't know iTunes did this) Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging Microsoft Offic...

Check out Excel file from SharePoint; if no other Excel file is op
I’m opening (checking out) an Excel file from SharePoint and trying to apply a test to see if there is another Excel file in SharePoint already open. If there is an Excel file open, I want a prompt to be displayed to a user. If there is currently no Excel file checked out, then the user can open the file without any problem. Here’s the code I have so far: Option Explicit Sub UseCanCheckOut() Dim xlApp As Excel.Application Dim wb As Workbook Dim xlFile As String xlFile = "https://globalconsumer.w.net/sites/Shared%20Documents/test/" & ActiveWorkbook.Name ...

Totals in Excel Reports
Is there any way to add a total line at the bottom of the excel report in GP10 and have it stay? I know that this is coming in GP 2010, but not on that yet. Hi Karlie, Just add the formula to the bottom of the table where you want it and then save the report. The new report will then launch with the total at the bottom. Kind regards, Leslie "Karlie" wrote: > Is there any way to add a total line at the bottom of the excel report in > GP10 and have it stay? I know that this is coming in GP 2010, but not on that > yet. Thank you for your response Le...

excel and word
I just have a question if there is anyone who can help me please let me know... I am not familiar with computers and every job out there requires experience in these to programs... We bought a new HP and we have a word pad.. is that the same thing as word... I noticed that the word looks different.. Basically I guess my question is how do I locate and download these programs and learn to use them online... Thanks for your time... Word Pad is a basic text editor - nothing like Word To get Excel and Word, your company will have to purchase Microsoft Office "Beth" <anonymo...

Synchronisation
One of my mail providers has synch'd all mail (lycos) I can receive mails in to my synch'd inbox, see the subjects, I can not open them though. Outlook 2002 just closes down and restarts, (after asking if I want to send an error message). However If I right click and select forward, or reply, I can rean the mail. Why can I not just open it??? Also I can send a blank mail with the sync account, but can not seem to be able to send one with an attachmant. Having just played about, I can do all ok on my laptop which is networked to my desktop. Same install etc. Now I am confu...

Embedded excel worksheets in word
Since Office v. X I have been unable to embed excel worksheets in word that contain more than five columns. Can anyone tell me that I have been doing something wrong OR tell me if 2004 fixes this problem? Thanks, Mike in article BCD52774.75C7%mcgetrick@lfoconnell.com, Mike McGetrick at mcgetrick@lfoconnell.com wrote on 22/05/04 21:51: > Since Office v. X I have been unable to embed excel worksheets in word that > contain more than five columns. Can anyone tell me that I have been doing > something wrong OR tell me if 2004 fixes this problem? > > Thanks, > Mike > A...

Importing web data to Excel 2003
I have built a flight planning program for aviation using Excel 2003. I am trying to find a function to import winds aloft from NavCanada's aviation weather site, to avoid manual entries. Is there a web site where raw text data from NavCanada's site to import, or a way to import it from their normal web display? Below there is a link to NavCanada's normal display of data. http://www.flightplanning.navcanada.ca/cgi-bin/Fore-obs/fd.cgi Any help would be appreciated. thanks I get an access denied on your URL................no permission. But have you tried Dat...

Small Business Accounting 2006 & MS CRM 1.2
Anyone know if CRM 1.2 integrates with the new MS Small Business Accounting product? Roger On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:02:43 -0000, "Roger" <roger_id@hotmail.com> wrote: >Anyone know if CRM 1.2 integrates with the new MS Small Business Accounting >product? I have heard that it is planned but for when I don't know at least a year away I reckon > >Roger > ...

Why Excel 2007 not responding after saving
I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages and then says it is not responding. Try looking for help here: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-gb;8753#tab3 "Xandersmum" wrote: > I have reinstalled Excel 2007 (Office Home & Student) but it is worse. Now > having problems even opening files. If I click on a cell it pauses for ages > and then says it is not responding. ...