How to set the status of customize entity automatically??

Hi,

Last time i create an entity to capture expense cost associated with 
opportunity. When the opportunity is being closed for either win/lost, i wish 
that the expense attached to the opportunity is being updated automatically. 

I have tried to accomodate this by using workflow. However till now i have 
not found the way. the condition that i used when expense entity is being 
created, check the opportunity status then update the status to inactive. 
However i did not see the status of expense being updated. 

Is there a workaround beside using workflow? How to do it?

Carrie
0
Utf
6/20/2006 9:46:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

9 Replies
739 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 38

Carrie,

The workflow is the best way to achieve what you are trying to do.  Why 
about the workflow is failing?

Thanks,

Benjamin Pirih

"Carrie" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Last time i create an entity to capture expense cost associated with 
> opportunity. When the opportunity is being closed for either win/lost, i wish 
> that the expense attached to the opportunity is being updated automatically. 
> 
> I have tried to accomodate this by using workflow. However till now i have 
> not found the way. the condition that i used when expense entity is being 
> created, check the opportunity status then update the status to inactive. 
> However i did not see the status of expense being updated. 
> 
> Is there a workaround beside using workflow? How to do it?
> 
> Carrie
0
Utf
6/21/2006 9:01:09 PM
Hi Ben,

Well i do not really sure why it failed. My assumption is the condition that 
i put was not really correct.

When expense is created
if Opportunity.status <> Open
then
change state to inactive

By default, when  expense is created,the status of opportunity is open 
already. So i do not think this workflow should run right?? But what i notice 
is that whenever i created the new expense, this workflow is executed with no 
action.

Then i was thinking to use opportunity workflow. the condition is when 
opportunity change the status to won, then update customize entity status. 
The problem that i face here is i do not know whether the attribute on update 
change can be added to the entity that i refer to. By default the change 
update for opportunity workflow consists of account, contact, owner and 
opportunity.

Is there a way to add update change attribute on workflow action???

Thx,
Carrie

"Ben" wrote:

> Carrie,
> 
> The workflow is the best way to achieve what you are trying to do.  Why 
> about the workflow is failing?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Benjamin Pirih
> 
> "Carrie" wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > Last time i create an entity to capture expense cost associated with 
> > opportunity. When the opportunity is being closed for either win/lost, i wish 
> > that the expense attached to the opportunity is being updated automatically. 
> > 
> > I have tried to accomodate this by using workflow. However till now i have 
> > not found the way. the condition that i used when expense entity is being 
> > created, check the opportunity status then update the status to inactive. 
> > However i did not see the status of expense being updated. 
> > 
> > Is there a workaround beside using workflow? How to do it?
> > 
> > Carrie
0
Utf
6/22/2006 1:53:02 AM
Hi Carrie,

Have you seen this article?

http://www.mscrmguy.com/hols/assembly/

It uses vs.net 2005, shouldn't matter, and should send you in correct 
direction.  As for the logic of the work flow, I would just fire your action 
whenever the state is changed.  In the worflow procedure you can check the 
entity parameters to see the status, then perform your logic if nesscary.  I 
hope this is helpful.. Thanks, Ben



"Carrie" wrote:

> Hi Ben,
> 
> Well i do not really sure why it failed. My assumption is the condition that 
> i put was not really correct.
> 
> When expense is created
> if Opportunity.status <> Open
> then
> change state to inactive
> 
> By default, when  expense is created,the status of opportunity is open 
> already. So i do not think this workflow should run right?? But what i notice 
> is that whenever i created the new expense, this workflow is executed with no 
> action.
> 
> Then i was thinking to use opportunity workflow. the condition is when 
> opportunity change the status to won, then update customize entity status. 
> The problem that i face here is i do not know whether the attribute on update 
> change can be added to the entity that i refer to. By default the change 
> update for opportunity workflow consists of account, contact, owner and 
> opportunity.
> 
> Is there a way to add update change attribute on workflow action???
> 
> Thx,
> Carrie
> 
> "Ben" wrote:
> 
> > Carrie,
> > 
> > The workflow is the best way to achieve what you are trying to do.  Why 
> > about the workflow is failing?
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > 
> > Benjamin Pirih
> > 
> > "Carrie" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi,
> > > 
> > > Last time i create an entity to capture expense cost associated with 
> > > opportunity. When the opportunity is being closed for either win/lost, i wish 
> > > that the expense attached to the opportunity is being updated automatically. 
> > > 
> > > I have tried to accomodate this by using workflow. However till now i have 
> > > not found the way. the condition that i used when expense entity is being 
> > > created, check the opportunity status then update the status to inactive. 
> > > However i did not see the status of expense being updated. 
> > > 
> > > Is there a workaround beside using workflow? How to do it?
> > > 
> > > Carrie
0
Utf
6/22/2006 2:50:02 PM
Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot for the reference. I have created the .dll file and upload it 
on the same directory as the workflow assembly. I also modify the 
workflow.config file as mentioned on the documentation. However when i start 
the Workflow manager after i attached my .dll and web.config, i encounter 
error " Workflow manager cannot start. THis could be because the workflow 
configuration file is corrupted, or MSCRM WF service cannot access the 
configuration file."

In the log it stated "MSCRMWorkflowHost: The description for Event ID ( 0 ) 
in Source ( MSCRMWorkflowHost ) cannot be found. The local computer may not 
have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display 
messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the 
event: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 
48, position 4.." 

Any idea??

Thx,
Carrie





"Ben" wrote:

> Hi Carrie,
> 
> Have you seen this article?
> 
> http://www.mscrmguy.com/hols/assembly/
> 
> It uses vs.net 2005, shouldn't matter, and should send you in correct 
> direction.  As for the logic of the work flow, I would just fire your action 
> whenever the state is changed.  In the worflow procedure you can check the 
> entity parameters to see the status, then perform your logic if nesscary.  I 
> hope this is helpful.. Thanks, Ben
> 
> 
> 
> "Carrie" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Ben,
> > 
> > Well i do not really sure why it failed. My assumption is the condition that 
> > i put was not really correct.
> > 
> > When expense is created
> > if Opportunity.status <> Open
> > then
> > change state to inactive
> > 
> > By default, when  expense is created,the status of opportunity is open 
> > already. So i do not think this workflow should run right?? But what i notice 
> > is that whenever i created the new expense, this workflow is executed with no 
> > action.
> > 
> > Then i was thinking to use opportunity workflow. the condition is when 
> > opportunity change the status to won, then update customize entity status. 
> > The problem that i face here is i do not know whether the attribute on update 
> > change can be added to the entity that i refer to. By default the change 
> > update for opportunity workflow consists of account, contact, owner and 
> > opportunity.
> > 
> > Is there a way to add update change attribute on workflow action???
> > 
> > Thx,
> > Carrie
> > 
> > "Ben" wrote:
> > 
> > > Carrie,
> > > 
> > > The workflow is the best way to achieve what you are trying to do.  Why 
> > > about the workflow is failing?
> > > 
> > > Thanks,
> > > 
> > > Benjamin Pirih
> > > 
> > > "Carrie" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi,
> > > > 
> > > > Last time i create an entity to capture expense cost associated with 
> > > > opportunity. When the opportunity is being closed for either win/lost, i wish 
> > > > that the expense attached to the opportunity is being updated automatically. 
> > > > 
> > > > I have tried to accomodate this by using workflow. However till now i have 
> > > > not found the way. the condition that i used when expense entity is being 
> > > > created, check the opportunity status then update the status to inactive. 
> > > > However i did not see the status of expense being updated. 
> > > > 
> > > > Is there a workaround beside using workflow? How to do it?
> > > > 
> > > > Carrie
0
Utf
6/23/2006 10:39:02 AM
Sounds like you have a problem with your C:\Program Files\Microsoft 
CRM\Server\bin\assembly\workflow.config file.. 
Wanna post it so we can look at it??

Thanks,

"Carrie" wrote:

> Hi Ben,
> 
> Thanks a lot for the reference. I have created the .dll file and upload it 
> on the same directory as the workflow assembly. I also modify the 
> workflow.config file as mentioned on the documentation. However when i start 
> the Workflow manager after i attached my .dll and web.config, i encounter 
> error " Workflow manager cannot start. THis could be because the workflow 
> configuration file is corrupted, or MSCRM WF service cannot access the 
> configuration file."
> 
> In the log it stated "MSCRMWorkflowHost: The description for Event ID ( 0 ) 
> in Source ( MSCRMWorkflowHost ) cannot be found. The local computer may not 
> have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display 
> messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the 
> event: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 
> 48, position 4.." 
> 
> Any idea??
> 
> Thx,
> Carrie
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> "Ben" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Carrie,
> > 
> > Have you seen this article?
> > 
> > http://www.mscrmguy.com/hols/assembly/
> > 
> > It uses vs.net 2005, shouldn't matter, and should send you in correct 
> > direction.  As for the logic of the work flow, I would just fire your action 
> > whenever the state is changed.  In the worflow procedure you can check the 
> > entity parameters to see the status, then perform your logic if nesscary.  I 
> > hope this is helpful.. Thanks, Ben
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "Carrie" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Ben,
> > > 
> > > Well i do not really sure why it failed. My assumption is the condition that 
> > > i put was not really correct.
> > > 
> > > When expense is created
> > > if Opportunity.status <> Open
> > > then
> > > change state to inactive
> > > 
> > > By default, when  expense is created,the status of opportunity is open 
> > > already. So i do not think this workflow should run right?? But what i notice 
> > > is that whenever i created the new expense, this workflow is executed with no 
> > > action.
> > > 
> > > Then i was thinking to use opportunity workflow. the condition is when 
> > > opportunity change the status to won, then update customize entity status. 
> > > The problem that i face here is i do not know whether the attribute on update 
> > > change can be added to the entity that i refer to. By default the change 
> > > update for opportunity workflow consists of account, contact, owner and 
> > > opportunity.
> > > 
> > > Is there a way to add update change attribute on workflow action???
> > > 
> > > Thx,
> > > Carrie
> > > 
> > > "Ben" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Carrie,
> > > > 
> > > > The workflow is the best way to achieve what you are trying to do.  Why 
> > > > about the workflow is failing?
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > 
> > > > Benjamin Pirih
> > > > 
> > > > "Carrie" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hi,
> > > > > 
> > > > > Last time i create an entity to capture expense cost associated with 
> > > > > opportunity. When the opportunity is being closed for either win/lost, i wish 
> > > > > that the expense attached to the opportunity is being updated automatically. 
> > > > > 
> > > > > I have tried to accomodate this by using workflow. However till now i have 
> > > > > not found the way. the condition that i used when expense entity is being 
> > > > > created, check the opportunity status then update the status to inactive. 
> > > > > However i did not see the status of expense being updated. 
> > > > > 
> > > > > Is there a workaround beside using workflow? How to do it?
> > > > > 
> > > > > Carrie
0
Utf
6/23/2006 3:12:01 PM
Hi Ben,

The error was gone already. Seems that i missconfigured the parameters. 
However, i still have not achieved my goal yet. I created Opportunity WF as 
wait condition and when opportunity status <> open then executed call 
assembly for customized rll that i made. I created opportunity and added the 
expense associated to the Opportunity, the WF was on running process which 
was intended behaviour. Then when i closed the opportunity to lost, the WF 
status became Finished and the log showed action is ok. Then i checked back 
into expense status. It's still active.

My knowledge on coding is really limited. Here is the coding that i used on 
my rdl
using System;
using System.Reflection;
using System.Runtime.CompilerServices;

namespace WorkingWithCRM
{
		public class CustomAssembly
	{
		public int setInteger(int Inactive)
		{
			return Inactive;
		}
	}
}

Then on my web.config, i put
<workflow.config xmlns="http://microsoft.com/mscrm/workflow/"
allowunsignedassemblies="true">
	<methods>
		<method name="Set Status"
			assembly="WorkingWithCRM.dll" 
			typename="WorkingWithCRM.CustomAssembly" 
			methodname="setInteger"
			isvisible="1"
			timeout="7200">
			<parameter name="Status" datatype="picklist" entityname="new_expense" 
attribute="statecode"/>
			<result datatype="picklist" entityname="new_expense" 
attribute="statecode"/>
		</method>	

Did i miss something???

Thx,
Carrie

"Ben" wrote:

> Sounds like you have a problem with your C:\Program Files\Microsoft 
> CRM\Server\bin\assembly\workflow.config file.. 
> Wanna post it so we can look at it??
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> "Carrie" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Ben,
> > 
> > Thanks a lot for the reference. I have created the .dll file and upload it 
> > on the same directory as the workflow assembly. I also modify the 
> > workflow.config file as mentioned on the documentation. However when i start 
> > the Workflow manager after i attached my .dll and web.config, i encounter 
> > error " Workflow manager cannot start. THis could be because the workflow 
> > configuration file is corrupted, or MSCRM WF service cannot access the 
> > configuration file."
> > 
> > In the log it stated "MSCRMWorkflowHost: The description for Event ID ( 0 ) 
> > in Source ( MSCRMWorkflowHost ) cannot be found. The local computer may not 
> > have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display 
> > messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the 
> > event: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 
> > 48, position 4.." 
> > 
> > Any idea??
> > 
> > Thx,
> > Carrie
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "Ben" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Carrie,
> > > 
> > > Have you seen this article?
> > > 
> > > http://www.mscrmguy.com/hols/assembly/
> > > 
> > > It uses vs.net 2005, shouldn't matter, and should send you in correct 
> > > direction.  As for the logic of the work flow, I would just fire your action 
> > > whenever the state is changed.  In the worflow procedure you can check the 
> > > entity parameters to see the status, then perform your logic if nesscary.  I 
> > > hope this is helpful.. Thanks, Ben
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Carrie" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi Ben,
> > > > 
> > > > Well i do not really sure why it failed. My assumption is the condition that 
> > > > i put was not really correct.
> > > > 
> > > > When expense is created
> > > > if Opportunity.status <> Open
> > > > then
> > > > change state to inactive
> > > > 
> > > > By default, when  expense is created,the status of opportunity is open 
> > > > already. So i do not think this workflow should run right?? But what i notice 
> > > > is that whenever i created the new expense, this workflow is executed with no 
> > > > action.
> > > > 
> > > > Then i was thinking to use opportunity workflow. the condition is when 
> > > > opportunity change the status to won, then update customize entity status. 
> > > > The problem that i face here is i do not know whether the attribute on update 
> > > > change can be added to the entity that i refer to. By default the change 
> > > > update for opportunity workflow consists of account, contact, owner and 
> > > > opportunity.
> > > > 
> > > > Is there a way to add update change attribute on workflow action???
> > > > 
> > > > Thx,
> > > > Carrie
> > > > 
> > > > "Ben" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Carrie,
> > > > > 
> > > > > The workflow is the best way to achieve what you are trying to do.  Why 
> > > > > about the workflow is failing?
> > > > > 
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > 
> > > > > Benjamin Pirih
> > > > > 
> > > > > "Carrie" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > Hi,
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Last time i create an entity to capture expense cost associated with 
> > > > > > opportunity. When the opportunity is being closed for either win/lost, i wish 
> > > > > > that the expense attached to the opportunity is being updated automatically. 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > I have tried to accomodate this by using workflow. However till now i have 
> > > > > > not found the way. the condition that i used when expense entity is being 
> > > > > > created, check the opportunity status then update the status to inactive. 
> > > > > > However i did not see the status of expense being updated. 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Is there a workaround beside using workflow? How to do it?
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Carrie
0
Utf
6/26/2006 8:18:02 AM
Carrie, I would attack this problem by doing the following.. I really do not 
understand the custom code that you have below  i.e. the workingwithcrm 
class.  Y your going to need more variables then just the status, try 
returning @all so you can get a feel of your working data... i.e. you will 
want the parentobjectid also?

1st Create your custom .dll with a empty method, Reference this custom 
method using the workflow config.  Then create the custom rule to fire using 
the workflow manager.. In this case it sounds like you want when opportunity 
change status..

2nd Attach the debugger and make sure that your method is correctly firing. 
i.e. you can perform the action and your dll will be succesffully linked and 
executed. 

3rd In your custom dll parse the xml information passed from the workflow 
engine and perform custom logic.  i.e. if this is an update and the new state 
is closed then... do your operations..  

Good Luck,

Ben



"Carrie" wrote:

> Hi Ben,
> 
> The error was gone already. Seems that i missconfigured the parameters. 
> However, i still have not achieved my goal yet. I created Opportunity WF as 
> wait condition and when opportunity status <> open then executed call 
> assembly for customized rll that i made. I created opportunity and added the 
> expense associated to the Opportunity, the WF was on running process which 
> was intended behaviour. Then when i closed the opportunity to lost, the WF 
> status became Finished and the log showed action is ok. Then i checked back 
> into expense status. It's still active.
> 
> My knowledge on coding is really limited. Here is the coding that i used on 
> my rdl
> using System;
> using System.Reflection;
> using System.Runtime.CompilerServices;
> 
> namespace WorkingWithCRM
> {
> 		public class CustomAssembly
> 	{
> 		public int setInteger(int Inactive)
> 		{
> 			return Inactive;
> 		}
> 	}
> }
> 
> Then on my web.config, i put
> <workflow.config xmlns="http://microsoft.com/mscrm/workflow/"
> allowunsignedassemblies="true">
> 	<methods>
> 		<method name="Set Status"
> 			assembly="WorkingWithCRM.dll" 
> 			typename="WorkingWithCRM.CustomAssembly" 
> 			methodname="setInteger"
> 			isvisible="1"
> 			timeout="7200">
> 			<parameter name="Status" datatype="picklist" entityname="new_expense" 
> attribute="statecode"/>
> 			<result datatype="picklist" entityname="new_expense" 
> attribute="statecode"/>
> 		</method>	
> 
> Did i miss something???
> 
> Thx,
> Carrie
> 
> "Ben" wrote:
> 
> > Sounds like you have a problem with your C:\Program Files\Microsoft 
> > CRM\Server\bin\assembly\workflow.config file.. 
> > Wanna post it so we can look at it??
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > 
> > "Carrie" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Ben,
> > > 
> > > Thanks a lot for the reference. I have created the .dll file and upload it 
> > > on the same directory as the workflow assembly. I also modify the 
> > > workflow.config file as mentioned on the documentation. However when i start 
> > > the Workflow manager after i attached my .dll and web.config, i encounter 
> > > error " Workflow manager cannot start. THis could be because the workflow 
> > > configuration file is corrupted, or MSCRM WF service cannot access the 
> > > configuration file."
> > > 
> > > In the log it stated "MSCRMWorkflowHost: The description for Event ID ( 0 ) 
> > > in Source ( MSCRMWorkflowHost ) cannot be found. The local computer may not 
> > > have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display 
> > > messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the 
> > > event: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 
> > > 48, position 4.." 
> > > 
> > > Any idea??
> > > 
> > > Thx,
> > > Carrie
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Ben" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi Carrie,
> > > > 
> > > > Have you seen this article?
> > > > 
> > > > http://www.mscrmguy.com/hols/assembly/
> > > > 
> > > > It uses vs.net 2005, shouldn't matter, and should send you in correct 
> > > > direction.  As for the logic of the work flow, I would just fire your action 
> > > > whenever the state is changed.  In the worflow procedure you can check the 
> > > > entity parameters to see the status, then perform your logic if nesscary.  I 
> > > > hope this is helpful.. Thanks, Ben
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Carrie" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hi Ben,
> > > > > 
> > > > > Well i do not really sure why it failed. My assumption is the condition that 
> > > > > i put was not really correct.
> > > > > 
> > > > > When expense is created
> > > > > if Opportunity.status <> Open
> > > > > then
> > > > > change state to inactive
> > > > > 
> > > > > By default, when  expense is created,the status of opportunity is open 
> > > > > already. So i do not think this workflow should run right?? But what i notice 
> > > > > is that whenever i created the new expense, this workflow is executed with no 
> > > > > action.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Then i was thinking to use opportunity workflow. the condition is when 
> > > > > opportunity change the status to won, then update customize entity status. 
> > > > > The problem that i face here is i do not know whether the attribute on update 
> > > > > change can be added to the entity that i refer to. By default the change 
> > > > > update for opportunity workflow consists of account, contact, owner and 
> > > > > opportunity.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Is there a way to add update change attribute on workflow action???
> > > > > 
> > > > > Thx,
> > > > > Carrie
> > > > > 
> > > > > "Ben" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > Carrie,
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > The workflow is the best way to achieve what you are trying to do.  Why 
> > > > > > about the workflow is failing?
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Benjamin Pirih
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > "Carrie" wrote:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Hi,
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Last time i create an entity to capture expense cost associated with 
> > > > > > > opportunity. When the opportunity is being closed for either win/lost, i wish 
> > > > > > > that the expense attached to the opportunity is being updated automatically. 
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > I have tried to accomodate this by using workflow. However till now i have 
> > > > > > > not found the way. the condition that i used when expense entity is being 
> > > > > > > created, check the opportunity status then update the status to inactive. 
> > > > > > > However i did not see the status of expense being updated. 
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Is there a workaround beside using workflow? How to do it?
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Carrie
0
Utf
6/26/2006 2:21:03 PM
Hi Ben,

First of all, sorry i still do not get your point yet. I have been trying to 
understand the logic here. For the condition, i can just use opportunity 
workflow right using the wait condition. So if opportunity change status to 
won/lost then execute the rll.

So in my rll, i only need to return the value of statecode of my customize 
entity right? Here are the part that i am still blurr. Hopefully you can 
explain me. In the link that u provided my before 
(http://www.mscrmguy.com/hols/assembly/), under the 3rd slides, declaring the 
class. Since rll that i need is only retrieve value from statecode and i 
check it on DB the type of statecode, it's integer. So should i use integer 
instead of string?

When configuring workflow config> entity name, i just add the customize 
entity that refer in the rll?

Carrie

"Ben" wrote:

> Carrie, I would attack this problem by doing the following.. I really do not 
> understand the custom code that you have below  i.e. the workingwithcrm 
> class.  Y your going to need more variables then just the status, try 
> returning @all so you can get a feel of your working data... i.e. you will 
> want the parentobjectid also?
> 
> 1st Create your custom .dll with a empty method, Reference this custom 
> method using the workflow config.  Then create the custom rule to fire using 
> the workflow manager.. In this case it sounds like you want when opportunity 
> change status..
> 
> 2nd Attach the debugger and make sure that your method is correctly firing. 
> i.e. you can perform the action and your dll will be succesffully linked and 
> executed. 
> 
> 3rd In your custom dll parse the xml information passed from the workflow 
> engine and perform custom logic.  i.e. if this is an update and the new state 
> is closed then... do your operations..  
> 
> Good Luck,
> 
> Ben
> 
> 
> 
> "Carrie" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Ben,
> > 
> > The error was gone already. Seems that i missconfigured the parameters. 
> > However, i still have not achieved my goal yet. I created Opportunity WF as 
> > wait condition and when opportunity status <> open then executed call 
> > assembly for customized rll that i made. I created opportunity and added the 
> > expense associated to the Opportunity, the WF was on running process which 
> > was intended behaviour. Then when i closed the opportunity to lost, the WF 
> > status became Finished and the log showed action is ok. Then i checked back 
> > into expense status. It's still active.
> > 
> > My knowledge on coding is really limited. Here is the coding that i used on 
> > my rdl
> > using System;
> > using System.Reflection;
> > using System.Runtime.CompilerServices;
> > 
> > namespace WorkingWithCRM
> > {
> > 		public class CustomAssembly
> > 	{
> > 		public int setInteger(int Inactive)
> > 		{
> > 			return Inactive;
> > 		}
> > 	}
> > }
> > 
> > Then on my web.config, i put
> > <workflow.config xmlns="http://microsoft.com/mscrm/workflow/"
> > allowunsignedassemblies="true">
> > 	<methods>
> > 		<method name="Set Status"
> > 			assembly="WorkingWithCRM.dll" 
> > 			typename="WorkingWithCRM.CustomAssembly" 
> > 			methodname="setInteger"
> > 			isvisible="1"
> > 			timeout="7200">
> > 			<parameter name="Status" datatype="picklist" entityname="new_expense" 
> > attribute="statecode"/>
> > 			<result datatype="picklist" entityname="new_expense" 
> > attribute="statecode"/>
> > 		</method>	
> > 
> > Did i miss something???
> > 
> > Thx,
> > Carrie
> > 
> > "Ben" wrote:
> > 
> > > Sounds like you have a problem with your C:\Program Files\Microsoft 
> > > CRM\Server\bin\assembly\workflow.config file.. 
> > > Wanna post it so we can look at it??
> > > 
> > > Thanks,
> > > 
> > > "Carrie" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi Ben,
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks a lot for the reference. I have created the .dll file and upload it 
> > > > on the same directory as the workflow assembly. I also modify the 
> > > > workflow.config file as mentioned on the documentation. However when i start 
> > > > the Workflow manager after i attached my .dll and web.config, i encounter 
> > > > error " Workflow manager cannot start. THis could be because the workflow 
> > > > configuration file is corrupted, or MSCRM WF service cannot access the 
> > > > configuration file."
> > > > 
> > > > In the log it stated "MSCRMWorkflowHost: The description for Event ID ( 0 ) 
> > > > in Source ( MSCRMWorkflowHost ) cannot be found. The local computer may not 
> > > > have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display 
> > > > messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the 
> > > > event: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 
> > > > 48, position 4.." 
> > > > 
> > > > Any idea??
> > > > 
> > > > Thx,
> > > > Carrie
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Ben" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hi Carrie,
> > > > > 
> > > > > Have you seen this article?
> > > > > 
> > > > > http://www.mscrmguy.com/hols/assembly/
> > > > > 
> > > > > It uses vs.net 2005, shouldn't matter, and should send you in correct 
> > > > > direction.  As for the logic of the work flow, I would just fire your action 
> > > > > whenever the state is changed.  In the worflow procedure you can check the 
> > > > > entity parameters to see the status, then perform your logic if nesscary.  I 
> > > > > hope this is helpful.. Thanks, Ben
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "Carrie" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > Hi Ben,
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Well i do not really sure why it failed. My assumption is the condition that 
> > > > > > i put was not really correct.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > When expense is created
> > > > > > if Opportunity.status <> Open
> > > > > > then
> > > > > > change state to inactive
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > By default, when  expense is created,the status of opportunity is open 
> > > > > > already. So i do not think this workflow should run right?? But what i notice 
> > > > > > is that whenever i created the new expense, this workflow is executed with no 
> > > > > > action.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Then i was thinking to use opportunity workflow. the condition is when 
> > > > > > opportunity change the status to won, then update customize entity status. 
> > > > > > The problem that i face here is i do not know whether the attribute on update 
> > > > > > change can be added to the entity that i refer to. By default the change 
> > > > > > update for opportunity workflow consists of account, contact, owner and 
> > > > > > opportunity.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Is there a way to add update change attribute on workflow action???
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Thx,
> > > > > > Carrie
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > "Ben" wrote:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Carrie,
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > The workflow is the best way to achieve what you are trying to do.  Why 
> > > > > > > about the workflow is failing?
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Benjamin Pirih
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > "Carrie" wrote:
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > Hi,
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > Last time i create an entity to capture expense cost associated with 
> > > > > > > > opportunity. When the opportunity is being closed for either win/lost, i wish 
> > > > > > > > that the expense attached to the opportunity is being updated automatically. 
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > I have tried to accomodate this by using workflow. However till now i have 
> > > > > > > > not found the way. the condition that i used when expense entity is being 
> > > > > > > > created, check the opportunity status then update the status to inactive. 
> > > > > > > > However i did not see the status of expense being updated. 
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > Is there a workaround beside using workflow? How to do it?
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > Carrie
0
Utf
7/3/2006 10:47:01 AM
Hi Carrie,
I am trying to update the state of a entity programatically with the 
follwing code.
Can you help me in this? i am getting error and the entity's state is not 
updated.
Dim objrequest As New SetStateNew_ORequest
objrequest.EntityId = New Guid(sRowID)
objrequest.New_ORequestState = New_ORequestState.Inactive
objrequest.New_ORequestStatus = 1
Dim objrespo As SetStateNew_ORequestResponse = 
CType(wsCRMService.Execute(objrequest), SetStateNew_ORequestResponse)
regards,


"Carrie" wrote:

> Hi Ben,
> 
> First of all, sorry i still do not get your point yet. I have been trying to 
> understand the logic here. For the condition, i can just use opportunity 
> workflow right using the wait condition. So if opportunity change status to 
> won/lost then execute the rll.
> 
> So in my rll, i only need to return the value of statecode of my customize 
> entity right? Here are the part that i am still blurr. Hopefully you can 
> explain me. In the link that u provided my before 
> (http://www.mscrmguy.com/hols/assembly/), under the 3rd slides, declaring the 
> class. Since rll that i need is only retrieve value from statecode and i 
> check it on DB the type of statecode, it's integer. So should i use integer 
> instead of string?
> 
> When configuring workflow config> entity name, i just add the customize 
> entity that refer in the rll?
> 
> Carrie
> 
> "Ben" wrote:
> 
> > Carrie, I would attack this problem by doing the following.. I really do not 
> > understand the custom code that you have below  i.e. the workingwithcrm 
> > class.  Y your going to need more variables then just the status, try 
> > returning @all so you can get a feel of your working data... i.e. you will 
> > want the parentobjectid also?
> > 
> > 1st Create your custom .dll with a empty method, Reference this custom 
> > method using the workflow config.  Then create the custom rule to fire using 
> > the workflow manager.. In this case it sounds like you want when opportunity 
> > change status..
> > 
> > 2nd Attach the debugger and make sure that your method is correctly firing. 
> > i.e. you can perform the action and your dll will be succesffully linked and 
> > executed. 
> > 
> > 3rd In your custom dll parse the xml information passed from the workflow 
> > engine and perform custom logic.  i.e. if this is an update and the new state 
> > is closed then... do your operations..  
> > 
> > Good Luck,
> > 
> > Ben
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "Carrie" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Ben,
> > > 
> > > The error was gone already. Seems that i missconfigured the parameters. 
> > > However, i still have not achieved my goal yet. I created Opportunity WF as 
> > > wait condition and when opportunity status <> open then executed call 
> > > assembly for customized rll that i made. I created opportunity and added the 
> > > expense associated to the Opportunity, the WF was on running process which 
> > > was intended behaviour. Then when i closed the opportunity to lost, the WF 
> > > status became Finished and the log showed action is ok. Then i checked back 
> > > into expense status. It's still active.
> > > 
> > > My knowledge on coding is really limited. Here is the coding that i used on 
> > > my rdl
> > > using System;
> > > using System.Reflection;
> > > using System.Runtime.CompilerServices;
> > > 
> > > namespace WorkingWithCRM
> > > {
> > > 		public class CustomAssembly
> > > 	{
> > > 		public int setInteger(int Inactive)
> > > 		{
> > > 			return Inactive;
> > > 		}
> > > 	}
> > > }
> > > 
> > > Then on my web.config, i put
> > > <workflow.config xmlns="http://microsoft.com/mscrm/workflow/"
> > > allowunsignedassemblies="true">
> > > 	<methods>
> > > 		<method name="Set Status"
> > > 			assembly="WorkingWithCRM.dll" 
> > > 			typename="WorkingWithCRM.CustomAssembly" 
> > > 			methodname="setInteger"
> > > 			isvisible="1"
> > > 			timeout="7200">
> > > 			<parameter name="Status" datatype="picklist" entityname="new_expense" 
> > > attribute="statecode"/>
> > > 			<result datatype="picklist" entityname="new_expense" 
> > > attribute="statecode"/>
> > > 		</method>	
> > > 
> > > Did i miss something???
> > > 
> > > Thx,
> > > Carrie
> > > 
> > > "Ben" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Sounds like you have a problem with your C:\Program Files\Microsoft 
> > > > CRM\Server\bin\assembly\workflow.config file.. 
> > > > Wanna post it so we can look at it??
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > 
> > > > "Carrie" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hi Ben,
> > > > > 
> > > > > Thanks a lot for the reference. I have created the .dll file and upload it 
> > > > > on the same directory as the workflow assembly. I also modify the 
> > > > > workflow.config file as mentioned on the documentation. However when i start 
> > > > > the Workflow manager after i attached my .dll and web.config, i encounter 
> > > > > error " Workflow manager cannot start. THis could be because the workflow 
> > > > > configuration file is corrupted, or MSCRM WF service cannot access the 
> > > > > configuration file."
> > > > > 
> > > > > In the log it stated "MSCRMWorkflowHost: The description for Event ID ( 0 ) 
> > > > > in Source ( MSCRMWorkflowHost ) cannot be found. The local computer may not 
> > > > > have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display 
> > > > > messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the 
> > > > > event: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 
> > > > > 48, position 4.." 
> > > > > 
> > > > > Any idea??
> > > > > 
> > > > > Thx,
> > > > > Carrie
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "Ben" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > Hi Carrie,
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Have you seen this article?
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > http://www.mscrmguy.com/hols/assembly/
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > It uses vs.net 2005, shouldn't matter, and should send you in correct 
> > > > > > direction.  As for the logic of the work flow, I would just fire your action 
> > > > > > whenever the state is changed.  In the worflow procedure you can check the 
> > > > > > entity parameters to see the status, then perform your logic if nesscary.  I 
> > > > > > hope this is helpful.. Thanks, Ben
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > "Carrie" wrote:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Hi Ben,
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Well i do not really sure why it failed. My assumption is the condition that 
> > > > > > > i put was not really correct.
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > When expense is created
> > > > > > > if Opportunity.status <> Open
> > > > > > > then
> > > > > > > change state to inactive
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > By default, when  expense is created,the status of opportunity is open 
> > > > > > > already. So i do not think this workflow should run right?? But what i notice 
> > > > > > > is that whenever i created the new expense, this workflow is executed with no 
> > > > > > > action.
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Then i was thinking to use opportunity workflow. the condition is when 
> > > > > > > opportunity change the status to won, then update customize entity status. 
> > > > > > > The problem that i face here is i do not know whether the attribute on update 
> > > > > > > change can be added to the entity that i refer to. By default the change 
> > > > > > > update for opportunity workflow consists of account, contact, owner and 
> > > > > > > opportunity.
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Is there a way to add update change attribute on workflow action???
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Thx,
> > > > > > > Carrie
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > "Ben" wrote:
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > Carrie,
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > The workflow is the best way to achieve what you are trying to do.  Why 
> > > > > > > > about the workflow is failing?
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > Benjamin Pirih
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > "Carrie" wrote:
> > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > > Hi,
> > > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > > Last time i create an entity to capture expense cost associated with 
> > > > > > > > > opportunity. When the opportunity is being closed for either win/lost, i wish 
> > > > > > > > > that the expense attached to the opportunity is being updated automatically. 
> > > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > > I have tried to accomodate this by using workflow. However till now i have 
> > > > > > > > > not found the way. the condition that i used when expense entity is being 
> > > > > > > > > created, check the opportunity status then update the status to inactive. 
> > > > > > > > > However i did not see the status of expense being updated. 
> > > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > > Is there a workaround beside using workflow? How to do it?
> > > > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > > > Carrie
0
Utf
9/18/2006 11:31:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Payments not updating Customers Account
Hi All, I made number of account payments at POS. Some have arrived on customers account and others have not. I can see the journal entries for the transaction but the account shows no payment made. Any suggestions. Deck Hi Deck I have the same problem, although I can only see that it is affecting one account at the moment but two payments? I haven't had a resolve yet, If you get one will you let me know? -- Jenny "Deck" wrote: > Hi All, > > I made number of account payments at POS. Some have arrived on customers > account and others have not. I can se...

Unread emails automatically change to read after a few minutes
I have a weird problem that just started today with my email. All new emails (and even the emails I change back to Unread) automatically change to read after about 4 minutes. Now before anyone jumps to conclusion on the cause - The Reading Pane is turned OFF, Auto preview is turned off, I don't have options checked in the Reading Pane window of Tools>Option>Other>Outlook Panes, and I have NO rules whatsoever. I haven't changed anything or updated anything but it started sometime after shutting down the email client the day before and starting it this morning....

Saving customized excel toolbar
Is there anyway to save customized toolbar for Excel? Once in a while my customized toolbar disappears. So I got to repeat customizing toolbar so often. I hope that a file similar to "Normal.do" for word exists for excel. I am currently using 2003Office Suite under WinXP Pro SP2. Roman Roman Customizations to Toolbars and Menus are saved in your Excel11.xlb file. Usually stored in........... C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel but if on a network may be somewhere else. Do a file search for *.xlb if need be. You may have more than one so note...

stipping stationary automaticly on replies
Is there a way to strip stationary from replies automatically? I know there are ways to do it manually but I am looking to do it automatically. Bob ...

Send/Receive made automatic
I have Outlook 2003. Is there a way to configure the Send/Receive so that I'll have my email waiting for me when I go into the program? Now I always have to click on the Send/Receive and wait several minutes before the recent email appears. One more little problem. Every time I write an email the color of my font is automatically blue. I then have to select the whole passage and click on the black in the box to change the color. Is there a way to always make the font black unless I want to change it to chartruese or something? I should be able to figure these things o...

Setting up a Outlook 2003 rule?
Hi, I want to setup a rule that will send all the emails that I receive to a folder on my shared drive. I have tried setting one up today, but as there does not appear to be a rule for "all emails" it would leave the ones that I was "cc" still in my in box. Any ideas Thanks Steve Set up a rule with no conditions, and it'll move all incoming messages. You may need to use the "start with blank rule" option to do so. -Peter "Stephen Shackleton" <stephen.shackleton@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:1_58g.4298$BD4.2741@newsfe4-win.ntl...

CRM 3.0 on SBS2003
I've just installed CRM3.0 Small Business Edition on a Small Business Server 2003 Premium server. Everything went fine with the install, and it's all working OK apart from if I try to access the System Settings I get an error. I've seen a fair number of postings on similar type problems, but nothing seems to match my situation exactly. CRM, SQL etc are all on the one server, unlike some of the other issues that seem to have been reported. Any ideas, as I'm going nuts trying to get this all to work. Thanks, David Hi, What is the error message? Have you tried installing it ...

error sending messages in outlook 07, account settings okay
Hello, This problem is giving me a huge headache, Recently everything was working well on my Vista OS, outlook 2007. Now I can't send out any messages, only receive. The messages stay in my OUTBOX and I get an error message when sending. Outlook is trying to send them but it can't. Account settings are good. I have 2 different user profiles crated on Vista with different e-mail accounts and outlook stopped sending on both of them. Don't matter which I'm logged in to, mine of my wife's it still doesn't work. I am also dual booting my PC and when I login to my XP ever...

Custom Report #4
We use additional fields in the customer profile for tracking video rental. How can we run a repor that shows typical customer fields along with the additional fields that are available under the additional tab. thx. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02C1_01C6A0FE.9CC6F620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MOI, The standard Customer List has them as Hidden columns. After generating = your report, right click on the body | Show/Hide Columns | select the = ones you want to display --=20 * Get ...

How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically
How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? What do you want to change it to? On Jan 4, 12:00=A0am, Spacing after commas and periods <Spacing after commas and peri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? You can't. Either press the spacebar as you type, or use the replace function to add whatever spacing you want. Note that with proportionally spaced fonts single spacing is correct. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

Configure user permissions on a custom webpart
Hi. I'm working on a custom webpart, which is a list that gets data from a ms sql database. If you press a record, a new form will be shown containing information regarding this record. I would like to be able to limit access to the second form, it should only be certain user who should have access to this. On the second form it is possible to edit the information, by pressing a "edit" btn, only specific users should have access to this. My question is, how do I make these permissions, should I make a table in the database with the certain users, and make code for...

Text box set to memo vs. Lines Coded on a report
I have a report which looks like a legal pad with lines. 24 actual spaces. The number of lines can not change. I have duplicated a form from Excel to eliminate using it altogether. So it looks just like the Excel Report. I coded the lines into the report. I am using a text box with data type set to memo. I have several issues. 1. If the data entered into the textbox from my form fits in to the text box on one line, then there is no problem. I can just move the page footer to more or less the right position to allow it to fit inside the coded lines. (It is not exact, but close...

Customize Outlook Calendar ??
Hello! I'm publishing my outlook calendar as a web page using "Save as Web Page". Is there a way in Outlook where I can customize output page? Thanks! -Zaha only by editing the files. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Zaha A&q...

Setting Outlook as Default Mail Handler
I am using Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 5 for mail. Right now OE is set as the default mail handler. How do I set OL 2000 as the default? Thanks, Ian -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Control panel, Internet Options, Programs tab. Ian Stock wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 5 for mail. Right now OE > is set as the default mail handler. How do I set OL 2000 as the > default? > > Thanks, &g...

Automatically empty junk mail folder
Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking - just tell Outlook to send Spam directly to the Deleted Items folder. One problem with this. I have three email accounts set up within Outlook. You can't set up junk mail options separately for each account. One of my POP accounts gets the most filthy spam, but my hotmail account gets a lot of relevant mail ending up in the junk mail folder. If I tell Outlook to send junk mail directly to the Deleted Items folder, ALL junk mail for ALL accounts goes straight to Deleted Items. I just want spam to one of my POP accounts to be deleted. Any sugges...

Create a custom culture that might be wrong
Hi! I'm reading in a book and there is some code that might be wrong. Here is the code enclosed within "" "CultureInfo usCulture = new CultureInfo("en-US"); RegionInfo usRegion = new RegionInfo("US"); CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder demoBuilder = new CultureAndRegionInfoBuilder ("en-US", CultureAndRegionModifiers.Neutral); demoBuilder.LoadDataFromCultureInfo(usCulture); demoBuilder.LoadDataFromRegionInfo(usRegion);" As you can see the CultureAndRegionModifiers is set to Neutral but according to the MSDN doc this Neutral ...

Custom Item Movement History
Is there a way to print a Item movement report, with 12 month colums and items in row to see how many items were purchased in total and in which months they were sold. We just took over a store and are adding it to our umbrella. That store uses Smart Vendor for a POS and we use RMS we will at some point switch over to RMS. But it has sone report that are a little more detailed the RMS and the Item movement is one. ...

Exchange 2K forwarding to external- need to know who has set this up on AD users
We recently had what appears to be someone logging onto the Exchange 2000 server and setting any mail sent to two domain users to be also forwarded to an external recipient (Contact) that I had set up previously. This is the second time this has happened in 6 months, and meant the user whose Contact address this was, was getting mail destined for these 2 users- obviously a big security risk. Is there ANY way of finding out which domain user might have made the changes to the Active Directory objects for these users? Neither previously had any forwarding set up in Delivery Options. There does...

Select unique products per customer?
Looking at the Northwind database as an example, I need to take all the products from the Orders table and put them into one field in a table for each customer so that I end up with each customer and the products they've ordered in row with no duplicate products for each customer. Thanks for any help/suggestions. Jim Putting them in a table is the wrong thing to do as it will be out of date the next time something is ordered. Just use this query each time -- SELECT CustomerID, Product FROM YourTable GROUP BY CustomerID, Product; -- Build a little, test a l...

Location of Microsoft Access 2003 Custom designed Toolbar file
Where is the Microsoft Access Custom Toolbar (the one I have created icons on) located on the hard drive? What is the actual file name Thanks! There is no particular file. If you create a custom menu/tool bar, then that is contained with the database... The options to complete hide and keep people out of the ms-access interface can easily be done using the tools->start-up options. Using those options allows you to complete hide the ms-access interface (tool bars, database window etc). Also, using these options means you do not have to bother setting up security. Try downloading ...

Automatic send/recieve #2
I have OL 2003 set using exchange server...automatic send and recieve does not seem to be working properly .... I have to manually select the snd and rcv ... are there any options to check for automatic snd/rcv? gastewa <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have OL 2003 set using exchange server...automatic send > and recieve does not seem to be working properly .... I > have to manually select the snd and rcv ... are there any > options to check for automatic snd/rcv? If you define a send/receive interval in Tools>Send/Receive>Send/receive Settings>...

setting up a secure SMTP server
Hello everyone Just wanted to get an idea what be most secure method for configuring our SMTP gateway server. In our environment all smtp servers are exchange 2003 that are members of a single forest/domain . Currently our SMTP gateway (exchange 2003) is a muti home server with 2 separate nic cards, each have been assigned to separate virtual server for inbound and outbound connections to the internet. We have created two SMTP connectors and under the local bridge head server we added the corresponding virtual server .For example, for connections out to the internet we added the outbo...

crm 3.0
Hi; We've recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2, and now only the domain admin user that performed the upgrade can see the "Settings" area in the nav bar. I have the System Admin and System Customizer roles, and yet when I log in as myself I do not see the Settings area. Doesn't seem to be permissions and the sitemap.xml looks fine. Anyone else seen this or can point me in the right direction? Thanks Dave Do you have the CRM for Outlook client running on your machine? There is a "feature" of the app that prevents the settings from displaying when the outl...

Problem Setting-up Bank of America's online services in Money 2006
I migrated from Money 2005 to Money 2006 and I'm having problems with the automatic updates in my Bank of America (BOFA). Money 2006 doesn't recognize the previous online setup information and every time that I try to set up the online services for my BOFA account Money 2006 creates a new account and download last transactions. Is there a way to associate my existing BOFA account with the online set-up information? My BOFA account is not CA, WA, etc. Can someone help me? Thanks I just installed the MS Money 2006 and was unable to add the BoA a/c successfully. Although I was a...

BUG: Exchange 2003
Microsoft MVP's or super heavy admins please send a URL to a site that you know works for this, pretty please. :) No one so far has come up with a solution that works on this and I just don't think it works. I did this all day on 2000 and even though the security tabs are there they just don't work right for 2003. If anyone knows differently please inform us b/c several people around the world are having the exact same problem. Please fix or post a link that actually has been proven to work. Have a great day! Paul Stephenson what do you mean by "they just don't w...