How to insert a new field which is not currently in CRM's db

How to insert a new field which is not currently in CRM's
db ?

KC
0
KC
7/22/2004 9:57:06 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

KC,

The implementation guide covers this extensivlely, but you basically do this via
the Deployment manger from the CRM app server.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:57:06 -0700, "KC" <kclai@addonsolutions.com.sg> wrote:

How to insert a new field which is not currently in CRM's
db ?

KC

0
Matt

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Insert trigger

Showing a date field as a number
Hi. I was wondering if there was any way that I could have a column showing the date and time (20/12/2007 06:00:00) and another column show the date and time as a number, (29548). This would be done in a select query, but I am not sure how? Is it possible? Regards AJ AJ, Use format... mm/dd/yy hh:nn:ss for 20/12/2007 06:00:00 Use format... #.0000 (with Decimal Places = to suit your needs) for 39436.2500 Use format... # (with Decimal Places = 0) for 39436 -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccs...

Outlook 2000 will not save new contacts
For the past two weeks I have been trying to figure out why I cannot get Outlook 2000 to save new contact information. This started as an intermittent problem that now has progressed to permanent status. When I try to save any new contact information I get the " Outlook has encountered a problem & needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." message dialog box. I send the error message and the program closes. I am now at the place where Outlook is unusable for any new contact information. I have run the repair outlook routine without success. I suspect the .pst file but ...

Automatioc spill over data to a new Excel sheet from Xml source?
I have an XML source file with data for more than 256 columns. Since one sheet can contain a max of 256 cols, Is there a way to make Excel, create an additional sheet to keep the excess data? Preferrably using Xml map / template? ...

new office 2003 outlook
My email account is set up exactly like the old office, old earthlink set-ups, old folders, etc., yet i cannot Send/Receive in the new Outlook 2003. Any ideas? SOunds exactly like my problem with OL2003 as posted today: URGENT: OL2003: can receive e-mail ONLY ONCE (?!?) Except that I can't get ANY account to work. btw it's all POP3 with me, and I can receive them exactly on the first start of OL2003 after creaton of the profile and the accounts settings, and no more after OL2003 has been closed and re-opened. Philotech "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

CRM 3.0 SBE vs CRM 4.0 Worgroup on SBS??
I'm struggling as to which to use for myself. I like the sales process in v3, but v4 is easer to install on SBS with SQL 2005. As far as I can tell, for a one person operation (me) on SBS there is nothing that I can actully cite to justify going with 4 over 3. It appears the campaign system is unchanged Backup and restore seems unchanged workflow different in 4 proper sales process in 3 (skip stages, backup to previous stage for example) I legally own both via Action Pack as this is for my own internal use per the licensing agreement. I just have to choose. 4 seems a bit sexier, b...

Variable field names?
Hi I am trying to execute the following code: - strSQL = strSQL & Nz([" & strCOM_Year & "], 0) where strCOM_Year is a string I want the system to use as a field name. It doesn't like this. Keeps saying 'can't find the field "|" referred to in you expression', even though I can clearly see in the debug window that the current value of strCOM_Year is "2006/2007". i.e. I am looking for the value in the field called 2006/2007. Any ideas? Stapes Stapes wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to execute the following code: - > > str...

Font in drop-down field too small
I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a much larger font, and I would like my spreadsheet to be consistent. If these are data validation dropdown lists, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Juana Cafe wrote: > I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to > increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a > much larger font, and...

Control Name when New workbook opened from a template
How can I control the name of a new workbook opened from template? Such as using MyWorkbook.xlt to open MyWorkBookToday.xls instead of MyWorkbook1.xls. Thanks, Steve -- SC from Lubbock, Texas The name of the file (including the extension) is set when you (or the user) saves the file. I don't think you can control how excel names workbooks that are created based on template files. Well, you could provide a macro that creates the file and then saves the file with the name (and location) you want. SC in Texas wrote: > > How can I control the name of a new work...

Fax Integration for CRM Pro
I understand that the Small Business Edition of CRM takes advantage of the integrated Fax Service. What options are there for integrated faxing for CRM Pro? ------=_NextPart_0001_90CB40DB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, It's Mike again here. Thanks for your question. CRM SBE does allow for Fax functionaltily however, CRM Pro does not include faxing functionality. Thanks again for the question. Kind regards, Mike ====================================================== PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with br...

inserting hrs and minutes

Excel Read Only in New Windows 7 Installation
I have upgrade to Windows 7 Professional, installed Office Home and Student and copied my XP-created EXCEL files but now they are all Read Only. I assume this is due to the new installtion but have no recollection of any passwords in the XP version. Is there some file that contains this data that I can locate to correct the Windows 7 files? Thank you, Jim Harper -- JMorgNU perhaps those files were on a CD or DVD for the transfer? If then they can be read-only. Simply r-click on the File name and select Properties, and UNcheck the Read-only box. To do this for all the Files in a folder ...

New Office/Lotus connector
I have been using outlook since the beginning and have developed many customized features. When I joined a new company that was on the lotus platform, I used the lotus connector to "fit in" with the serveer infrastructure. This worked pretty well. Now they have forced an upgrade to the latest in Lotus as well as office 2007. Problem is that the MS lotus connector is not being upgraded to 2007 (please confirm?). Also, I have found that Word 2007 mail merge doesn't work with Outlook XP. So I cannot selectively upgrade to Word 2007, while keeping Outlook XP and the Lotus conne...

CRM 3.0 SBE
Does the CRM 3.0 SBE client comprise only outlook 2003 add ins and there is no stand-alone client? So far, I have seen add account forms. How do you maintain accounts? How do you list, delete or update them? How do I attach files to a case? Where do I maintain subjects? Thanks in advance CRM3.0 Outlook clients extend an existing install of Outlook. You should see a CRM menu, CRM toolbar and CRM related folders after installation. Use the latter to do most of what you ask. Some tasks (such as creating Subjects) must be performed using the Internet Explorer client. Think of the E...

Fax Integration in CRM 4.0
Hello, CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition had Fax Integration with Windows Shared Fax Services. Is it available in any edition of CRM 4.0? I can't find a single word about it in any guide. Thank you in advance, Jevgenij ...

Insert with a where condition

Extracting Data To New Worksheet
Hi all I am attempting to filter a large data source to a new worksheet without much success. I want to filter the data by multiple paramenters. I have built a Macro that sorts the data by value and then pastes in the new sheet. I only want to paste 3 of the columns, not all the data. E.G Location, Value 1, Value 3 and Manufacturer Is this as complicated as I am making it? Location Model Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 Value 4 Value 5 Value 6 Value 7 Manufacturer text/numerical text Numerical Numerical Numerical Numerical Numerical Numerical text/numerical Text te...

Global Customer custom data field
I am running 2 stores with HQ and Global customers. How can I change the global customer title custom fields in the Additional tab in HQ. I change the title fields in store manager, by going to Captions button under the configuration section, but HQ Manager doesn't have a captions button. How can I update those custom fields in HQ with thier current customers? Thanks Dave These values are kept in records 1-15 of the CustomCaption table of the HQ database. Using HQAdministrator, you could execute a query like: update CustomCaption set caption='my custom text' where id=1 ...

Insert

New essay and code: Logarithmic Slider
I decided to be positively decadent, so I wrote another essay on a logarthmic slider control http://www.flounder.com/logslider.htm This is missing one feature of the pure-C implementation I give in the Win32 book: it doesn't have logarithmic tick marks. Perhaps someday... joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...