How to evaluate disk spaces for integrating Exchange with CRM 3.0

Dears,

  As I know, it is a big selling-point for integrating Exchange with
CRM 3.0. However, the activities among Exchange and CRM seems to be
very traditional. Exchange just forward emails to CRM and save to
CRM's SQL DB.

  It's now a problem that the activities always replicate and
replicate emails, and eat out of the disk space.

  How to improve the situation? Thx.

0
iicray
10/19/2007 1:23:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It should not eat up server space. Ok. Some mail are stored both in Exchange
and CRM. But this is basically why you want a CRM system....

Let me give a little more explanation.

The CRM Exchange E-mail router, if default installed, will not add every
e-mail to CRM. The e-mails are forwarded from the users's mailboxes to the
central crm e-mail box. From there it will be processed.

The router checks whether the user has choosen to import automatically
ALLmail to CRM, or not. (The user can change this setting in the options
section in CRM0. Default this option is turned off. I always advise to turn
this option off because this option in many cases stores to many e-mails into
CRM.

The router performs checks if it finds a token in the subject field of the
message. If this token is somewhere in CRM, it will attach the mail to the
record in CRM.

Any mail that is not choosen by the router to be stored in CRM, will be
removed from the crm mailbox automatically.

You can manually open the crm mailbox by connecting to it from Outlook.
Check if the e-mails are correctly processed by the CRM Exchange E-mail
router, this compoment should be up-and-running on the Exchange server. If it
is not running, start it. Else fix it. Or reinstall it. If it cannot be fixed
immediately, you could temporarily disable all rules from the user's
mailboxes. till you find a solution.

"iicray@gmail.com" wrote:

> Dears,
>
>   As I know, it is a big selling-point for integrating Exchange with
> CRM 3.0. However, the activities among Exchange and CRM seems to be
> very traditional. Exchange just forward emails to CRM and save to
> CRM's SQL DB.
>
>   It's now a problem that the activities always replicate and
> replicate emails, and eat out of the disk space.
>
>   How to improve the situation? Thx.

Exchange 2003 SP2 #13
Hi there I recently installed Exchange 2003 SP2 on an SBS 2003 server, for the IMF update really. Everything seemed to go fairly smoothly from what I can tell so far!! However, one problem that I'm having is that after the SP2 install I can no longer access any of the help files from any context menus or option windows, in fact anywhere, in ESM, and I get the event id:1000 reported in the app event log with the following description when I tried to do so: 'Faulting application maildsmx.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, stamp 430e738e, faulting module hhctrl.ocx, version 5.2.3790.2744, stamp ...

copy spaced cells to different spacing
On one tab I have formulae in every 4th row that I want to copy onto another tab where I want the same formulae every 2nd row. The rows in between these formulae are not blank. How do I best do this? Derrick You can use code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim Source As Range Dim Dest As Range Dim LastCell As Long Dim WS As Worksheet Set WS = Worksheets("Sheet1") '<<< source of data Set Dest = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1") '<<< destination of copy With WS LastCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Set Sour...

migration Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I run in my domain as domain controller w2k3, and as a mail server exch5.5 on a w2k machine. I have a week ago exchange 2003 installed. 1. Active Directory Connection is OK 2. i can send mails trough this mail servers.. (i can see the users of exch5.5 in my mail server exch2003) but as a next step, i want to disable the mail server 5.5... what do i have to do? 1. I have to move the mailboxes, but HOW? 2. Do I have to change the server names in OUTLOOK (exchange 5.5 users) can you please help me? See the links for further information regarding decommissioning Exchange 5.5, answers to you ...

Problem with Refrential Integrity
Hello, Hoping someone can help me out with the following: I have a the following table structure: Table A (Individuals) Table B (Keys) Table B has a Primary Key named Keys. Keys has been added to Table A as a Foreign Key using the name fkKeys. There is a One-To-Many relationship between Keys and fkKeys. Table B is currently the One side and Table A is the Many side. Referential Integrity is enabled with both Update Cascading and Delete Cascading enabled. I created a form using these two tables. There is a text box for fkKeys so a user can enter the Key number into ...

There is not enough space on the device for Exchange 5.5
I have Exchange 5.5 with sp4 installed on a Windows 2000 sp4 server. When you go into the Exchange Systemes Admin and try to change a display name you receive the following error: There is not enough space on the device. Microsoft Exchange Directory System Error ID no: c105001c. This error just started to occur. There is a lot of free space on the Exchange partition. Please advise. so you've checked that there is plenty of space available where your Directory service database is? where the the transaction log files are? anything interesting in your application log? "ErinW"...

Exchange Transaction logs building up
I just realized yesterday that my transaction logs for my Exchange server were building up, so I started doing some reading. I found many places that say that when you backup Exchange any log files that were included in the backup are automatically deleted for me. Great. So I did a backup of Exchange last night (I know, I should have been backing up for a long time now, please skip the lecture :))... but all of the log files are still there! I used Windows Backup to back up the Exchange server and followed the instructions in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258243 So, why a...

GP10 - Integration Error
Started getting this error message recently on a scheduled Integration. The following MS KB acknowledges the error in GP9 and suggests that a service pack for GP8 might correct it. Probably not something to try on V10. The article does not say what causes the error nor if it's critical, but it does tell you how to ignore it. Scary. Anyway does anybody know what causes this error, if it's critical and how to correct the situation? FWIW it happened this morning shortly after a reboot of the server. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;939045 Than...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Oulook Client (Online)
Please Help Me :) I've spent a few days reading through the various topics here and where I can elsewhere on the net and I cannot find a definitive answer for this problem. Using Windows XP SP2, Outlook 2003 SP1 and the CRM 3.0 Client, I get the message about Cookies everytime I open Outlook no matter what settings I have configured in IE. I have deleted the local user accounts on the PC(s) of the affected users and this has no effect. Using CRM in the a browser window works flawlessley but I would like to get the deployment off the ground and allow people the functionality from within O...

Evaluating text as formulae
Is it possible to refer to text in a cell as though it were a formula, ie execute it instead of displaying it? Eg if the result of your formula was "A1 + B2", to actually add A1 and B2 and display the result? Thanks Nigel Like concatenating text? =concatenate(a1," + ",b2) or =concatenate(a1,b2) =concatenate(a1," ",b2) "Nigel Ramsden" wrote: > Is it possible to refer to text in a cell as though it were a formula, ie > execute it instead of displaying it? Eg if the result of your formula was > "A1 + B2", to actually add A1 and...

Failed CRM for Outlook Install
I am trying to install CRM for Outlook on a computer but it kleeps failing with the following error: "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook" The user has Administative rights to the system, she has an account in CRM and a license. This is very frustrating since I have to clean up the registry every time I reinstall since it crashes before putting anything in the add remove control panel. Any ideas? -- Francois Try to uninstall MSDE and make sure you have all the databases removed. The default in...

Downloadable evaluation version of Outlook 2003
does anyone know if it possible to get a downloadable version? Thanks.....Sly Sly wrote: > does anyone know if it possible to get a downloadable > version? > > Thanks.....Sly No. Not full Outlook, only Outlook Express is downloadable along with IE... >-----Original Message----- >does anyone know if it possible to get a downloadable >version? > >Thanks.....Sly >. > ...

integration with Outlook 2003: slower on XP than W2K? after upgrade?
Hi, I have a VB.NET (2.0) application that integrates with Outlook 2003. I have windows XP SP2. The users had Windows 2000, and Office 2000. They upgraded (!) to Office 2003. But: - an action that takes 0,5 seconds on my pc, takes them 4-5 seconds - an action that takes 2,5 seconds on my pc, takes them 8-9 seconds So for a test we completely desinstalled Office 2003, and did a full re-install of 2003 on a system. Performance increased with +- 30%: times are now 2,5 seconds and 6 seconds. But still much more than my 0,5 and 2,5.... What's the reason of this performance-problem? The ...

Exchange 5.5 domain
Hi, Having exchange 5.5 SP4 with all patches installed on Win 2000 SP4. installed Win 2K , Exc 5.5 & created Internet mail services with infrasofttech.biz. Need to change to infrasofttech.com. i have done the smtp routing which is working fine. the problem is when i send mails to a group id, the sender is authorised only on .biz , the reciepient receives mail from .biz only and not .com, i need to change everyting to .com only. When my .biz domain name is not available no mails are received. i need to remove this .biz domain. how can it be done without formatting and reintallation ...

Word integration that works ?
Does anyone have a link to a good solution in creating word documents from CRM, i.e. quotes etc. A solution where maybe it's possible to create it with a button and at the same time get an activity attached to the oppertunity. Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 14509 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails. Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her. Suggest you look at Mail merge from mscrmaddons. Other than that i...

Accessing OAB from domain other than the domain where Exchange 2003 lives
I have a trusted domain from a company that we purchased. It is a Windows NT domain, but we have created users on our 2003 AD/Exchange domain for all of the NT domain users. After establishing the trust between the domains, I granted individual mailbox rights from each users old NT domain login to their new domain/Exchange mailbox so they would not have to enter their newer login each time they opened Outlook (also version 2003). These users are across a WAN connection from the Exchange server, so we set them up in cached Exchange mode. If Outlook is configured to use the NT domain login, n...

Moving Exchange Folders
I'm looking for the proper way to move the ExchangeServer_<servername> folder to a different drive. I've successfully moved mail stores, message tracking logs, MTA and SMTP queues but can't find any info about moving this folder. It is the Full Text Indexing database which I don't use, but the Server is clustered so there are some files called clust0.0 clust0.1 etc in there which seem to update every once in a while. Anyone know how to move this folder properly? Moveing these files is not intuitive, but it can be done. Follow the Microsoft article http://support.mi...

Event ID 1022 Exchange 2000
I am getting this event every 15 mins in event viewer: Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store [SERVER]" - Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /O=[DOMAIN] Limited/OU=KEL_DOM/cn=Recipients/cn=SystemMailbox{72983266-F156-43A3-A160-C68BA494CCEB}. Error: -2147221231 There seem to be a few posts, but none with a solution that works for me. Microsoft have confirmed it as a problem http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 but say it is fixed in SP2. I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 + latest hotfixes 16/8/04 native, 2k domain with 20...

Looking for power shell script to gather white space information
Hello all, good morning. We have a Exchange 2007 Enterprise server CCR with 16 databases. I am in need for a script which will show me white space for each database and send the information to a .csv file. Also is there anything else I can do beside offline defrag to recover white space. I have databases now configured : Deleted Item retention :14 day (default) and mailbox retention: 30 days (default). Lowering these two will give me will probably help to reduce database size. Any information will be helpful. I know 1221 Event ID will show me white space info. Thanks ...

Disk Full Alert
I am receiving "Disk Full" messages, and my disk is not full. What is happening? I am not able to save documents. All my other applications work fine. My processor: 1.6 GHz PowerPC G5 Memory 1 GB DDR SDRAM System: OSX 10.3.4 Thank you for any help. Allen musicman@trinityfellowship.org In article 252601c44f09$a66eb670$3a01280a@phx.gbl, Allen at anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote on 6/10/04 09:40: > I am receiving "Disk Full" messages, and my disk is not full. What is > happening? I am not able to save documents. All my other applications > work fi...

Exchange 2003 environment
Hello, I have one Windows 2000 server as a domain controller running Exchange 2000. Is it possible to do an upgrade of exchange only to Exchange 2003 but leave Windows on 2000? or will I need to upgrade windows to 2003 as well? From what I have read it looks as if Exchange 2003 will run in a Windows 2000 domain but I just want word from someone who has some experience. Thanks, Chris DeFreitas Yes you can upgrade to Exchange 2003 without upgrading to Windows 2003 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Chris DeFreitas" <chris@N...

Uanble to synchronise Appointment With CRM 4.0
Hi, When i am trying to create a appointment in Outlook and then i click on the "Track In CRM" button,I get an error message saying me that "The logged in user does not have appropriatre security permissions to view these records or perform the sprcific action" Can anybody please give me a solution to this? In the Security roles , i have clicked on "Synchronise with Outlook" Please reply soon.:) ...

Have you evaluated...
Has anyone evaluated Celerant Command Retail or Tomax Retail.net POS solutions? How are they compared to RMS in terms of features and prices? ...

outlook express problems #3
Hello, I have just installed XP home edition on a HP pavilion a319.dk. After the installation I tried to create an e- mail account using outlook express, but with the result that the computer broke down in the frist step of creating the e-mail account. I tried to reinstall the computer but got the same problem again. Have anyone tried that before Thanks Claus This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpre...

Integration manager script for exchange rate tables
I am uploading journals into GP via IM. Does anyone have a script that will apply the exchange rates from the GP rate table to my integration? Or is there a better way to do this? ...

Evaluate a Range
I would like to create a formula that looks at a range with a specified criterion and when it finds the first entry in that range that meets that criterion returns the position of that data in the range. For example, given the following data beginning in A1 and extending to D1: 5,7 ,8,11 I would like to create a formula that looks for a value greater than 10 in that range and then returns the number 4 to signify that it is the fourth entry in that range. Thanks as always for your help. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: Array enter (CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RET...