I messed up with entity mappings and ended up with errror: attribute not found.

How can I manually remove attribute from entity?

Tried export -edit -import but it seems not to be the right way.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You will first need to remove the "bad" mapping that you created.  Since it
is referncing the field, you need to do that prior to trying to remove the
field.  You also need to remove it from any forms & views that may be
displaying it.

The customization Import will not remove fields (as you have discovered).
That is done as a safety feature to rpevent accidental loss of data (imagine
accidnelty importing an old file only to have it delete data on you).

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Perttis" <Perttis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I messed up with entity mappings and ended up with errror: attribute not
found.

How can I manually remove attribute from entity?

Tried export -edit -import but it seems not to be the right way.

0
Matt

editting auto recovery

BOM & Edit List

Show "Notes" in Entity diagram
I can show the PK, FK, Indexes in column 1, I can show db/conceptual names in column 2, I can show data type in column 3. Is there anyway to show in the diagram the Notes/Description field? Thank you, Ray ...

Populate other fields from a lookup attribute
Contents: - I have an Entity B with a relationship to Entity A. - Entity B has a many-to-1 relationship to Entity A, with lookup attribute to Entity A's [Machine Name]. - Entity A has 2 fields: [Machine Name] and [Machine Description]. Scenario: When I create a new Entity B, I will click on the lookup attribute to Entity A. A window will pop-out for me to choose one instancec of Entity A. When I have clicked the desired [Machine Name] value. The lookup attribute will now show the [Machine Name] value I selected. Question: I also want to capture its corresponding [Machine Description]...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

Having Insert button functionality while editing
Hi, I want to have the functionality of Insert button (on keyboard) in my while application while editing in a cell or a edit box. For eg if i am editing my text say "alpha" and my cursor is between "l" and "p" and I insert an alphabet say "z", i want the "p" should be replaced by "Z" and the text should become "alzha". Please suggest. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun CEdit does not support that by default. Here is a good example of how implement this (Although I think UpdateCaret should just be a method of CXEdi...

Edit No Format
I have a spreadsheet that Has a column of No's that look like this AB 12 45 87 B the column has about 30,000 No 's in it. I want the No's to look like AB124587B so that they do not have the spaces in, any way of doing this un excel. If it's always the same format you can do it by using a combination of the left(),mid(), and right() functions.. Then use the & sign to fix it.... example : a1: ab 12 a2: left(a1,2) & right(a1,2) a2 then says: ab12 there might be a function that just removes all spaces though... trim() only works for opening and ending spaces. --- M...

How do I find where I stopped editing a document?
In Word 2003, I could use Shift F5 when I opened a document to find where I left off editing it the last time I opened it. This doesn't seem to work in Word 2007, at least not consistently. Is there some other menu item or keyboard shortcut I can use, or are there some circumstances under which Shift F5 will work? Unfortunately, it doesn't work in XML (*.docx) documents, only those saved in Word 97-2003 format. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Shortcut Jane" <Shortcut Jane@discus...

need example code to get the contactID from SFA/conts/edit.aspx...
Hi!! My question is: How can I get the right ContactID from the current/opened Contact in Microsoft CRM? Can I read the ContactID out from the URL? Is there an example Code available? Microsoft�s SDK for CRM is not very helpful for this Problem. Has anybody already an example code? Thank you for your help! Greetings Daniel You should be able to get it from the query string, as long as you make sure that the entry in the isv.config file with the link to your app has the variable "PassParams" equal to 1 For example: <Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test&qu...

Riche Edit
hi I think this is a simple question for you guys: When I try to add a RichEdit field in the resource view my programm compiles fine but it won't start anymore. When I debug it with F5 it crashes with an exeption!?! I use Win2k and Visual Studio 6 + SP5. My Project is MFC Dialog based. This should work shouldn't it? Thanks Urban "Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler.net> wrote in message news:3f47ad41$0$19888$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at... > hi > > I think this is a simple question for you guys: > > When I try to add a RichEdit field in the r...

Standard Edition versus Edition 2004
I have Microsoft My Money Standard Edition installed on my PC (WinXP). It came as a part of Ms Works suite 2006. Now I would like to restore the backup file to My Money 2004 editions. But there seems to be a problem, My Money 2004 does not accept the backup files of the Standard Edition. Is the anything I can do in order to make the transfer of the backup file possible? Grateful for your help QV The version of Money in Works 2006 was likely newer than Money 2004. You will need to use a version of Money at least as recent as that which was used to make the backup. "QV" <q...

Change edit Item box
Quick Question, In SharePoint I am trying to change which the edit item box associates with. (Example in my list I have the following Categories Name, Modified Date, Modified by, Document Type, etc...) Currently when I move my mouse over the Name Column, I see the drop down box saying, Check effective permissions Edit Properties Edit in Microsoft Word etc.. How can I change that so when I move the mouse over the Modified By Column that I'll see the same drop down box? You don't, sorry. "Thames" <Bob@bob.bob> wrote in message news:74566AB2...

HowTo:Deliver emails(as .msg) to network folder directly from Exch
Need to deliver emails as their native .msg file with embedded attachments directly from Exchange Server 2003 to a DFS location without having to run an Outlook application instance. E.g. : External email sent > email received into Exchange > Exchange delivers to \\server\share\folder. File/Name is then \\server\share\folder\email.msg in Explorer. Many thanks!! ...

Pasting delimited text from clipboard directly into Excel Spreadsh
Many a times I need to paste delimited text from other applications (UNIX telnet sessions etc.) directly into an Excel Spreadsheet. I select and copy the delimited text to the clipboard. But when I try to paste or "paste special" in Excel, I do not see anyway I can paste the delimited text into separate cells. Instead, I end-up creating a delimited text file and then import the file into a spreadsheet. It would be great if Microsoft can provide a method to paste the delimited text directly into a spreadsheet from the clipboard. -- East Coast, USA ---------------- This post is ...

Editing Templates
I'm needing to edit the templates in Publisher 98 to delete all but the first page in each template. I work in a school and when the students use Publisher they always use a template but usually only have one page, but instead of specifying "print page 1 to 1" they just hit print and it prints out the entire template which really wastes paper. ...

Help needed with XmlSerializer formatter attributes