I messed up with entity mappings and ended up with errror: attribute not found.

How can I manually remove attribute from entity?

Tried export -edit -import but it seems not to be the right way.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You will first need to remove the "bad" mapping that you created.  Since it
is referncing the field, you need to do that prior to trying to remove the
field.  You also need to remove it from any forms & views that may be
displaying it.

The customization Import will not remove fields (as you have discovered).
That is done as a safety feature to rpevent accidental loss of data (imagine
accidnelty importing an old file only to have it delete data on you).

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Perttis" <Perttis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I messed up with entity mappings and ended up with errror: attribute not
found.

How can I manually remove attribute from entity?

Tried export -edit -import but it seems not to be the right way.

0
Matt

Direct access to GP database.
One of our .NET client application needs to connect to the GP database using Users created from GP as a login credential. Basically, the client app will ask the user to enter userID and password and use these as credential in connection string. Since I am aware that GP stores user's password encrypted in the DB, I need to find a way to encrypt the password before creating a connection string; and not updating the user's password using Enterprise manager. Does anybody know if there are any components (probably part of GP) that can be used for this purpose? Or, any suggestio...

problems with activesync's direct push
I set up my PPC6600 to have activesync give me emails as soon as the exchange server gets them. It worked for a very short while. Now when I send email to my phone i dont get it. Sometime i do but it can take upwards to 5 to 30 to get it. Really is annoying me because i had it working before. Does someone have any ideas? ...

edit SNMP location field
I have to update the SNMP location field, under the Agent tab for 50 servers with addres information. The same information for all servers. Is there a way for Powershell to pull a list of server names from a txt file, update this field, then restart this service for every server? Thanks in advance This information can be accessed via the Registry. Are you using PowerShell v1 or v2 on the system where you'll start this process? Assuming you have some kind of Administrator account to all of the machines, and you don't have firewall issues, you may be able to do it eas...

Upgrade Home and Student Edition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a MacBook with Office 2008 Home and Student edition. Works great, except I discovered that I can't use Entourage to sync with my Exchange 2007 server at work. If I bought Office 2008 for Mac, Standard Edition, Upgrade Version, would this do the trick? I certaintly don't want to have to buy the full Office suite! Finally, would the upgrade version install on top of the Home and Student edition I have now? Thanks On 6/10/09 2:57 AM, in article 59b7643c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "AlanH@officeformac.co...

attribute label
Hello i'm using crm 3.0. I'm querying the attribute table and already have in there the physical name and id of the attributes. I would like to know what is te exact label name for each one of them. Which table should I join? Note: all these attributes are custom. Thanks a lot Eduardo Hi, Actually, attribute display name are safed in form of XML, so it is a bit difficult to get it. Go to following URL and download the sample " SQL Statements to generate a table of Attribute Display Name values" for more information. http://www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery/releases/v...

Cannot edit Business Unit Name
I need to edit our Business Unit Name since our company name has changed. The Business Unit form does not allow this. There are no other business units or parent comapnies in our CRM 3.0 installation. I have an Admin role. Any advice is appreciated. The only way to do that in CRM 3 is to modify content of SQL Server table directly. It's unsupported but I know of a few instance where it's been done without any issues. Hope this helps. -- George Doubinski CRM Certified Professional - Developer "Greg R" <GregR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C...

"Windows PowerShell Cookbook" by Lee Holmes second edition draft available for viewing and comments
O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and comments at http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ - Larry In message <exi7SKRyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Larry__Weiss <lfw@airmail.net> writes >O'Reilly Books has made the working text of the PS V2 second edition >of Lee Holmes' "Windows PowerShell Cookbook" available for viewing and >comments at > > http://powershell.labs.oreilly.com/ > > - Larry > Aw...

Attribute Display
Is there a way to display one attribute in two diffrent tabs simultaneously ihout having to create a second attribute? Is this possible with DHTML on the On-Load event? -- Thanks! Marlene Lopez Axeus Inc mlopez@axeus.com ...

encodig attribute of output element ignored

VBA code does not work when file open directly in browser
Hi, We are having one Excel file which contain macros. The user has two options to download this report output file, they can download and save to harddisk OR open report into browser directly by using Open command. On the sheet, we gave sort order functionality. The sort order code work correct when user used Download and Save option. However when user used open command to open report directly into browser, report open correct but sort order code not work. The line where i m getting error is given below sSheetName = ActiveSheet.Name Also i m attaching complete code below: Please provide ...

"Demerger" menu item missing in AU edition Money
Hi Group I am trying to enter a Demerger transaction in Money 12. The Help file suggests the following: 1.On the Investing menu, click Portfolio . 2.In the left pane, click Record a special activity , and then click Record a demerger . 3.Follow the instructions on the screen. Except there is only "Transfer an account" and "Record a split", no mention of a demerger. How do I record a demerger? Thanks for your replies. Regards: Les In microsoft.public.money, LesG wrote: > >I am trying to enter a Demerger transaction in Money 12. The Help file >suggests t...

setting fields on forms to not editable
Hello, I want to make the Account number field on the Account form not editable, just like the Project number on the Case form. Does anyone here know how to do this? I compared the attributes in the deployment manager, and they look the same, just like the properties on the form designer. I am going to use these fields to store Customer and Case numbers from an external application, and so I don't want users to be able to change the values. Thanks, Daniel. I have been down this road before. Either the user can update all the object's fields or none of the object's fields. No ...

"Bulk Edit not Supported"?
I'm getting this error message after I select a group of Accounts and click Actions/Edit. I'm on the MS supplied 3.0 VPC trying to configure a demo, and I'm logged in with a System Admin role, which has Bulk edit in the role. Anyone seen this before or have any ideas? -- Thanx Glen geez , just answered my own question (thanx to David in another post, actually). those MS guys put this script in account page (this is just a part of it); var CRMFORMTYPE_BULKEDIT = 6; if (crmForm.FormType == 5) { return; } else if (crmForm.FormType == 6) { alert("Bulk Edit is not ...

Cannot enable editing of some fields
I am working with a application that I did not create (Access 2007) I cannot seem to be able to allow editing of some fields on a subform. I changed the properties to Enabled (yes) and Locked (No); but I am still unable to edit the desired fields? What are the values in the ControlSource property for those fields? If they begin with an = character, they are calculated expressions that cannot be edited. If they are field names and those fields are autonumber fields or calculated fields in a query, they cannot be edited. -- Ken Snell http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnel...

updating chart using edit query
Hi I import a column of date into column A which is linked to a chart. When I update the column of data the chart updates automatically. Great! Except not all columns of data I import have the same number of items. So I am forever adjusting the range the chart refers to by clicking the line on the chart and then pulling the handle on the blue box that surrounds the cells from the previous data range (eg. A1:A25, and getting the blue box to just surround the new data range (eg. A1:A20). Can I get the chart to recognise that I want it to reflect only cells with data in them (e.g. A1...

correcting wind direction data
is there an easy way using excel 2000 to correct wind direction data by 90 degrees to the left ( minus 90 degrees) we have a couple of years worth of 15min readings to correct. You might be able to use the paste special command. In an empty cell put -90 (make it the same format as the data you want to change). Then copy it, highlight the cells you want to minus 90 from, and click EDIT, and then PASTE SPECIAL. Towards the bottom of the screen you will see a plus option which you click on and then push OK (or make the cell 90 and use the minus option). If this is confusing you can watch...

Event Script for Case Attribute
Can anyone share what is wrong with the following event script? MethodOfService is a drop-down field, and I'm wanting to populate the visual values into Subject. crmForm.all.subject.DataValue = switch(crmForm.all.new_methodofservice.DataValue) {case 1: "Remote Access" break; case 2: "Web Session w/Client" break; case 4: "Off-Site" break; case 5: "On-Site" break; case 6: "EMail Only" break; case 3: "Phone Call Only" break; default: "Other"}; switch(crmForm.all.new_methodofservice.DataValue) { case 1: crmForm.all.sub...

Displaying next line and tabs in Edit Box
Hello All I want to display the following string in edit box CString strRequest = "Aftab\nAlam\t\tTabs spaces"; tabs and spaces are displayed correctly but \n is displayed as a small black character what I will have to do to get it displayed like as endline. as if we display it using MessageBox(strRequest); Regards Muhammad Aftab Alam Try using "\r\n" instead of "\n". -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Aftab Alam" <aftab.alam@ascertia.com> wrote in message news:OhwZb98RDHA.1804@TK2MSFTNGP11.ph...

Making Personal Calender Viewable via the WEB but NOT Editable via
Upfront: I am in the military and new to my job as Network Administrator at my unit. We are a part of a larger network for the fort and I do not have administrator priviledges to the Exchange Server or most things outside of our unit. I am seeking solutions and resources in order to give my request to the network admins the best possible chances of getting done. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Currently we have a user account that is simply the calender for the unit. It is a shared calendar so everyone can see it at work with only a few individua...

Contact lookup in Opportunity Entity
Often times we sell to one end-user within a large organization (Account). I consider the Accout our customer so use the Potential Customer field to lookup the Account. However, I would like to be able to quickly see that Joe Smith is the primary contact for a particular opportunity so that when I view 'My Opportunities' I can go to the one with Primary Contact Joe Smith. The way we do this now is by inputing the Topic of the Opportunity to be "Joe Smith - Software Sale". Then when we open that opportunity we can go to relationships and find that Joe Smith is the Business Dec...

Why does Edit / Links / Break link crash Excel 2002?
Everytime I try it. Hi what is the exact error message? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2D26ED89-C5FA-4095-AF89-D38A36B201F2@microsoft.com... > Everytime I try it. ...

is it possible to edit Business Portal 9.0 time/billing reports? or other reports?
is it possible to edit Business Portal 9.0 time/billing reports? or other reports? Matt ...

repost: ING Direct
I am trying to set up an ING Direct account in Ms Money 2003 following the directions on the ING web site. After completing step 12 which is "make sure ING DIRECT is selected" in the Online setup window, click next. When I do this it prompts me for a username and password. This is not what the instructions say should happen. They say Money should connect to the internet and download (branding?) information for ING DIRECT. If I try to enter my customer # and PIN as the user name and password it tells me the password must not contain any numeric characters. If I try anything else is sa...

Turn on Edit option in Combo Box
How do you turn on the Edit option in a Combo Box in Excel 2000? I have no problem entering the drop-down part, but cannot get it to allow editing. Please help. Pam Williams Pam What kind of combobox? Forms toolbar, Control Toolbox, or Data Validation. What do you mean by editing? Do you want to edit an entry on the list, add a new entry to the list, or just be able to type in a value that's not on the list? -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com "Pam at Greer" <Pam at Greer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

how do I open my internet website in outlook 2003 so I can edit it
On my old computer, I could go into frontpage and open my actual webdite. It would prompt me for my domain id and pswd and when intered, I could edit my site. I judt reinstalled frontpage 2003 on my new laptop and it wont lt me open my site. It never prompts for the id and password. I tried importing my site but it loses all its navigation structure and then wont allow me to publish changes back to the web. Can someone please help me? Also, when I installed front page, it never asked me for my serial number, it just placed the frontpage option within my ms office menu optio...