How to disabel "Excel" export button in CRM

Hi All,

Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button that
exist in many forms in CRM, For security reason, we don't
want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take
it away.

Thank you

0
Raymond
1/6/2004 3:23:43 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

in the following source file : inetpub\wwwroot\_grid\action.js locate the
following function :
function exportToExcel(sGridName, sObjId)
comment the call to the printGrid function
 //printGrid(sGridName, sObjId, true);
and add the following statement :
 window.alert ("Export functionnalities has been denied to you.");

hth,
--
Olivier Schmitt
Microsoft France

"Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button that
> exist in many forms in CRM, For security reason, we don't
> want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take
> it away.
>
> Thank you

0
Olivier
1/6/2004 4:52:52 PM
Thank you so much Olivier.
Could you tell me where could you find this kind of tips.=20
You know, I do a lot of research but nowhere mentioned it.

Thank you very much.
By the way, my e-mail: xin421@yahoo.com

I am familared with SQL Server programming and perform=20
migration from any system to MS-CRM, if you need help in=20
this field, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Raymond

to you.");

>hth,
>--=20
>Olivier Schmitt
>Microsoft France
>--------------------
>Merci de bien vouloir r=E9pondre =E0 ce message dans le=20
newsgroup o=F9 il a =E9t=E9
>post=E9. Je le consulte r=E9guli=E8rement.
>
>"Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in=20
message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button=20
that
>> exist in many forms in CRM, For security reason, we=20
don't
>> want user can export company's data to EXCL file and=20
take
>> it away.
>>
>> Thank you
>>

>.

0
anonymous
1/6/2004 5:09:15 PM
Well I must admit that google helped me a lot. This question has already
been asked in this newsgroup :
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=eNtEPDMnDHA.2592%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DISO-8859-1%26q%3Ddisable%2Bexport%2Bmicrosoft%2BCRM%26sa%3DN%26tab%3Dwg

There is no TK associated to it but it would be a good idea to document this
!

--
Olivier Schmitt
Microsoft France

Thank you so much Olivier.
Could you tell me where could you find this kind of tips.
You know, I do a lot of research but nowhere mentioned it.

Thank you very much.
By the way, my e-mail: xin421@yahoo.com

I am familared with SQL Server programming and perform
migration from any system to MS-CRM, if you need help in
this field, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Raymond

0
Olivier
1/6/2004 5:16:29 PM
you can discover a lot about CRM just by digging through some of the sources
in the CRM web site.

Thank you so much Olivier.
Could you tell me where could you find this kind of tips.
You know, I do a lot of research but nowhere mentioned it.

Thank you very much.
By the way, my e-mail: xin421@yahoo.com

I am familared with SQL Server programming and perform
migration from any system to MS-CRM, if you need help in
this field, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Raymond

0
John
1/6/2004 8:14:16 PM
We do a lot of cool "unsupported" stuff with CRM.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions that you can't find answers
too.

Mike
nospam_info@greaterthantwo.com

Thank you so much Olivier.
Could you tell me where could you find this kind of tips.
You know, I do a lot of research but nowhere mentioned it.

Thank you very much.
By the way, my e-mail: xin421@yahoo.com

I am familared with SQL Server programming and perform
migration from any system to MS-CRM, if you need help in
this field, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Raymond

0
GreaterThanTwo

how do i get excel to stop changing my input 5-9 to 9-May????
i keep entering in the numbers 5-9 and i tried with spaces, 5 - 9 and yet it still changes it as if it's a date. I turned off the auto correction control and it still does it. Please help. Hi, Molly; Format> Cells> Number> Text Then enter 5-9. Regards, Ian. "molly" wrote: > i keep entering in the numbers 5-9 and i tried with spaces, 5 - 9 and yet it > still changes it as if it's a date. I turned off the auto correction control > and it still does it. Please help. Enter an apostrophe first, '5-9 OR Pre-format the cells to Text. -- HTH, ...

Tab color in Excel 2003
I set up all my worksheet tabs with color. But for some reason when I go to format and then sheet, my 'tab color' is greyed out. I see this graying out only when the workbook is protected (Tools, Protection) or the workbook is shared (Tools, Share Workbook). -- Jim "slinge" <slinge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45A695EB-EA20-4B47-8538-02AAB94FD29B@microsoft.com... |I set up all my worksheet tabs with color. But for some reason when I go to | format and then sheet, my 'tab color' is greyed out. Thank you Jim but the worksheet is not p...

excel program
how can we use this program for drawing a graph by math formula? Thanks Set up two columns, one containing the x values and the other containing f(x) values. The x column should be to the left of the f(x) column, but they do not have to be adjacent. Select both columns of data and on the menu select Insert|Chart|XY (Scatter) and select the first example in the second column of "Chart sub-types" ("Scatter with data points connected by smoothed Lines without markers.") Follow the prompts selecting any desired customizations. Jerry Niloufar Esfandi wrote: >...

Excel OLE data in PPT reverting to OLD data after macro updation
Hi, Im cross-posting/multi-posting this in the hope that I could get a solution. I am facing a very strange problem (both in Office 2002 and 2003) with Excel OLE charts in PPT. (Im programming with excel as base) I am using code zilched from Jon P's site in order to copy data from an excel sheet and activate a PPT application (and Slide) and an Excel OLE object within the slide and then updating the data in it and then saving this template with a NEW NAME. Im using this method to update a single slide template tons of time and each time saving it with different (but well-defined) ...

How do I work with Excel 2007 and htm files?
I created a htm file in Excel 97-2003 and I was able to access my tables and change the information around. When I open the file in the new Excel 2007, it changes a lot of my numbers to dates and some other crazy numbers I have no idea where they come from. I've tried going to excel options and turning off automatic calculations but that doesn't help. How do I get excel to not change any of the information in the cells of my workbook? [In the previous excel all you had to do was insert an apostrophe ' to prevent any changes.] Example: Supposed to say: 01-05 Says: 39087 ...

Unprotecting what Excel says is unprotected ???
Good evening all the peeps of the Excel Community. This one has me completely flammuxed but hopefully someone can spot my obvious error that I can't ... I have a workbook with 26 sheets. At some time, I know I password protected it ... somehow. Each time I open my workbook, it asks me "xxx.xls' is reserved by Joe Bloggs. Enter password for write access, or open read only." I have been through each and every one of the 26 sheets using Tools - Protection to unprotect but none are protected, nor are any Workbook protected. My only guess is that at some stage,...

cannot copy/past in Excel
When I Paste a cell or a range in Excel, all I get is Hello! written in the destinatin cell. Can anybody help me out? It could be a helpful macro trying to stop you from making changes. close excel open excel in safe mode windows start button|run excel /safe then file|Open your workbook and test it out. If that stopped the problem, you'll have to determine where the macro is. If a co-worker developed the macro, you may want to go back to him/her. If you can find the code, you may be able to fix it (or turn it off). If that isn't it, select one of those cells (with "hello!...

Excel file opens MS Excel Training Webpage When the Excel file ope
I have a file that I think was originally created using the on-line MS training. Now evertime I open the excel file the web page automatically opens. It's mostly just an annouance. I was able to copy the content into a new file and it stopped this behavior but I'd love to know how it happened and/or how to turn it off in the original file. Excel 2007 - mail merge file - opens thle link below everytime I open the excel file http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?ver=12&ver=12&app=excel.exe&AssetID=RH011206001033 Thanks John ...

Excel 2003 11-26-09
Looking to return an error message in a column of data if the same value has been typed in previously Assume that do you want to restrict the duplicate value in A to C Column then use this formula in Validation. Place the cursor in A1 cell and press Cntrl+Spacebar which will select the A Column and hold the shift key and extend the selection up to C Column by using right arrow (i.e. A to C) Note that the Active cell should be A1 since the below formula refers the A1 cell. Active cell will have the white background after selection also. Select Data>>Validation>&...

Excel Copy and Paste (Greyed)
1. Open an existing Excel workbook with mulltiple sheets. 2. Activate Sheet1 ; Right-click the mouse short-cut menu (which shows Copy okay, but Paste and Paste Special are greyed). 3. That means that Paste operation is hampered on Sheet1. 4. However, the right-click mouse's short-cut menu is apparently working okay on the other worksheets (meaning that Paste and Paste Special are not greyed thereof). 5. Please share your comment ; What could be done to restore the Copy-and-Paste operations on the right-click mouse's short-cut menu for Sheet1 ? 6. Regards. I don't see a direc...

Click on Excel Doc Starts Excel but Excel does not Open the Doc.
Hi When I click on an Excel doc., Excel starts up but does not open the doc. When I rgiht click an .xls and then choose Excel to open it it says that Excel cannot find the document on the indicated path. The path shown is indeed the path to the doc and the doc is there. When I drag an .xls into a runing Excel it opens correctly. Other apps. such as Word open the docs correctly but cannot open docs with links to Excel sheets. Any ideas? Regards, Marc Try looking at this: Tools | Options | General Uncheck "Ignore other applications" HTH hi. try this. Tools>options>g...

Saving a Excel 97 file into Excel 2003 file
There is no problem in opening a Excel97 file into Excel 2003. The problem occurs when trying to perform "Save As" after that. The error message is "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications." The file is only about 2.5MB and there is no other applications running in the background except the normal firewall and antivirus programs. The interesting thing about this problem is that, it occurs on one PC and not on another? Both PC got 512MB DDR Ram and plenty of space in hard drives. The total paging s...

Excel....query
Could anyone help me out, I am trying to convert excel column, into a database (as shown below) i.e... A Substance Misuse Service Telephone: 01466 794433 7 Castle Street, Huntly, Huntly, AB54 8BP Open: Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm (2 ROW GAP) Substance Misuse Service Telephone: 01467 620660 8 North Street, Inverurie, AB51 4QR Open: Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm (2 ROW GAP...THOUSANDS OF RECORDS ETC) I need to fill column B with the name of the organisation, Column C with the telephone number Column D with the address (more on which in a minute, and column E with the Details........

Excel and Automation
This may be a Visual Studio question, but I thought I give you all a try... We're currently using VS 2005 to develop some of our apps. I have an app that I developed that uses Automation to spit some data out to an Excel spreadsheet. I have Visual Studio on two different Windows machines, both XP, and I want to get my app to build on both (two different evironments). It's currently working on one, but not the other. I'm trying to build the app on the one machine that isn't working and it appears it doesn't like some of the references. In the solution explorer of Visua...

Excel template loading slowly
Our firm uses Excel 2000 templates to standardize & automate certain functions. Recently two of the computers have begun to experience extreme delays (approx 3-5 minutes) in loading the template after double clicking the shortcut located on the desktop. The shortcut points to a network location of the template and no other machines are experiencing these delays. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem? Thanks, Bill Did you try to copy the templates the local computer> to see if the probelm maybe cused from the netowrk? Did you check the Xlstart folder? ma...

Excel-Automation in DLL
Hi, I'm just working on a project to feed Excel with data from a c++ program. It works fine when I do it in a MFC-Application (like it is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 178749 or 179706). But if I write the same code in a DLL and link it dynamically it can't start the Excel Application. Can somebody please help me and explain me why? (I hope this is not the wrong newsgroup) Greetz Mark "Mark Junge" <junge@upp-kassel.de> wrote in message news:<uoqXgTSJEHA.1944@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>... > Hi, > > I'm just working on a project to f...

Hyperlink from MSProject to Excel?
Is there a way to hyperlink a summary task bar from MS Project to Excel? We are trying to put together a graphical representation of ongoing construction projects to include financial information pulled from Excel Spreadsheets and have a summary of the MS Project schedule appear on the Excel spreadsheet... any help? Tony ...

Unable to export from Great Plains to Excel
I am currently having problems exporting a file from GP to Excel, when tryiing to export a file receiving the following error message "unexpected error: quitting" Log on to CustomerSource and look for KnowledgeBase Article 851235. I believe it describes your problem and has possible resolutions. Good Luck! Eleni "InNeedofHelp" wrote: > I am currently having problems exporting a file from GP to Excel, when > tryiing to export a file receiving the following error message "unexpected > error: quitting" ...

Excel to Excel Import and Data Mapping
I have a question and I haven't quite been able to find the answer. I have an excel spreadsheet....It has 4 colums and each row has data: Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Data1 Data2 Data3 Data4 I have a second excel spreadsheet that only has two colums and no rows of data: ColA ColB What I want to do is import the data in Col1 and Col3 in my first spreadsheet into ColA and ColB...so not only do I want to "import" the data I need to be able to map the columns. So far, all I've been able to do is import all four columns into my second spreadsheet. Yes..cut and ...

excel
I experimented with Text to Voice and now I CANNOT TURN IT OFF! It operates in every spreadsheet and in every cell - it is driving me nuts! Please - how do you stop it! - the toolbar does not work - it stops it if I am quick enough for the one cell but carries on in all the rest!*! Thanks Ally64000@yahoo.co.uk Go 'View' > 'Toolbars' > check 'Text to speech' and the toolbar will appear Toggle the icon on the right, 'Speech on enter' to off Regards, "ally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079701c46e53$e386cde0...

number format in excel
I have an issue with excel 2003 running on one of my laptop. The integer number i input in every cell will be divided by 1000, for example when I input 123 the cell will show 0.123, however if I input 123.00 it will show just as 123. Also if I copy the excel file to other computers everything looks ok. There is no cell format defined. It looks like an global setting in excel because either old excel file or new created excel file all have the same issue. Anyone can help? From the Menu Bar: <Tools> <Options> <Edit> tab, and *uncheck* "Fixed Decimal Places"...

Manual entered data on excel ms query is misaligned after refresh
I have done an MS Query in excel. I have added extra colums in the excel sheet which I want to enter manual data in. When I refresh the data, these manually inputted columns become misaligned to the imported data they refer to. Is there any around this happening. I have tried to link the imported data sheet to a manual data sheet via vlookup but this isnt working as there are no unique fields to link together. Please help! Thanks ...

excel: what is a link?
I would like to update a range of cells with any number that is input into a specific cell Duma, Select the range of cells, type the formula =$A$1 (but with the cell address of the specific cell) and press Ctrl-Enter. Or, type = and then select the specific cell and press Ctrl-Enter. This is the better way if the cell is on another sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Duma" <Duma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0DDB044-5EE1-4ED5-8ABD-85D6FBD26BC6@microsoft.com... >I would like to update a range of cells with any number that is input into a > spec...

Excel - 2000 or 97 conversion
Thanks, I have had a look at that. The idea is right, but in the lis that appears (after the button is clicked) I need the cells to be dat validated so they can have listed options too. Is this possible? I doesnt seem to work for me. Thanks Andre -- ajw15 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ajw150's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=802 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26202 You can use Data|Validation to validate the cell--then the user has to click on the button adjacent to ...

Instance of Excel running after closing Excel
I've got a DB that exports to Excel by opening an instance of excel, then record-by-record it dumps the fields into the cells of a workbook that has been copied from a workbook used as a template. It then opens the excel file. When I close the excel file using the file's close button (within the excel application) all is good. Problem: When I close the excel file application itself, before closing the excel file, an instance of excel remains running. I have what I thought were all the necessary "=nothing" statements. Also, when it automatically opens the new ...