how to create relationship between Account and Contact relationshi

Hey all-

I'm writing an application that creates accounts in CRM 3.0
automatically using the web service. So far, so good. The problem I'm
having is programmatically assigning accounts to the contacts. If my
accounts are already created in CRM, I should just be able to grab their guid
and assign it to the contact using contact.parentcustomerid, right?

Well, if that's the case, what should the code look like? How do I
assign values to the type of Customer? If that's not right, can
someone point me in the right direction?

I got this sample code from one forum but it doesn't work for me.

Example 1) Change lookups with code like this:

contact.parentcustomerid = new CRMLookup();
contact.parentcustomerid.value = account.accountid.value;
contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();

Example2) You can also use the helper class and just use:
contact.parentcustomerid =
CrmSdk.CrmTypes.CreateCustomer(account.accountid.v alue,
EntityName.account.ToString());

I don't know why i can't use the above code? It  gave me this exception
Error 3 The type or namespace name 'CrmTypes' does not exist in the
namespace 'CrmSdk' (are you missing an assembly reference?).

Please help me to sort this out. Thanks in advance

--
Thanks

Sol
0
Sol (12)
1/20/2008 12:10:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try www.stunnware.com/crm2 for an example -  one of Michael's really early
posts

Pete

"Sol" <Sol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hey all-
>
> I'm writing an application that creates accounts in CRM 3.0
> automatically using the web service. So far, so good. The problem I'm
> having is programmatically assigning accounts to the contacts. If my
> accounts are already created in CRM, I should just be able to grab their
> guid
> and assign it to the contact using contact.parentcustomerid, right?
>
> Well, if that's the case, what should the code look like? How do I
> assign values to the type of Customer? If that's not right, can
> someone point me in the right direction?
>
> I got this sample code from one forum but it doesn't work for me.
>
> Example 1) Change lookups with code like this:
>
> contact.parentcustomerid = new CRMLookup();
> contact.parentcustomerid.value = account.accountid.value;
> contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
>
> Example2) You can also use the helper class and just use:
> contact.parentcustomerid =
> CrmSdk.CrmTypes.CreateCustomer(account.accountid.v alue,
> EntityName.account.ToString());
>
> I don't know why i can't use the above code? It  gave me this exception
> Error 3 The type or namespace name 'CrmTypes' does not exist in the
> namespace 'CrmSdk' (are you missing an assembly reference?).
>
> Please help me to sort this out. Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Sol

0
p0911 (103)
1/20/2008 5:12:50 AM
Hi,
Replace CRMLookup with Customer class;

myCR.customerid = new Customer();
myCR.customerid.type = EntityName.contact.ToString();
myCR.customerid.Value = account.accountid.value;

--
uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
CRM Freelance Consultant

"Sol" wrote:

> Hey all-
>
> I'm writing an application that creates accounts in CRM 3.0
> automatically using the web service. So far, so good. The problem I'm
> having is programmatically assigning accounts to the contacts. If my
> accounts are already created in CRM, I should just be able to grab their guid
> and assign it to the contact using contact.parentcustomerid, right?
>
> Well, if that's the case, what should the code look like? How do I
> assign values to the type of Customer? If that's not right, can
> someone point me in the right direction?
>
> I got this sample code from one forum but it doesn't work for me.
>
> Example 1) Change lookups with code like this:
>
> contact.parentcustomerid = new CRMLookup();
> contact.parentcustomerid.value = account.accountid.value;
> contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
>
> Example2) You can also use the helper class and just use:
> contact.parentcustomerid =
> CrmSdk.CrmTypes.CreateCustomer(account.accountid.v alue,
> EntityName.account.ToString());
>
> I don't know why i can't use the above code? It  gave me this exception
> Error 3 The type or namespace name 'CrmTypes' does not exist in the
> namespace 'CrmSdk' (are you missing an assembly reference?).
>
> Please help me to sort this out. Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Sol
0
imumar (138)
1/20/2008 10:33:00 AM
A.O.A Umar,

Many Thanks for you reply.  I still have few concerns please help me to get
it sorted:

1) Are you using customerrelationship myCR = new customerrelationship();
class to create relationships?

If yes then Is there any other way of doing it? Like can't I simply grabe
the account Id and assign it to the  the contact.parentcustomerid and call
the updae funtion?

e.g          contact.parentcustomerid = new Customer();
              contact.parentcustomerid.Value = account.accountid.Value;

If you are using customerrelationship myCR = new customerrelationship();
class then could you please guide me how to use this class properly. I have
the sample code for this but could not undertstand it properly.

Sample Code:

// Instantiate a customerrelationship entity.
customerrelationship myCR = new customerrelationship();

// Instantiate Lookup.
myCR.customerroleid = new Lookup();

// Set the Lookup type to role.
myCR.customerroleid.type = EntityName.role.ToString();

// You must replace this with the GUID of a valid
// Microsoft CRM role of the primary customer in the relationship.
myCR.customerroleid.Value =  new Guid("B6777F84-EA83-DB11-A460-000BDB5C46AB");

 // Instantiate customer.
myCR.customerid = new Customer();
// Set the customer type to contact.
 myCR.customerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
// You must replace this with the GUID of a valid Microsoft
// CRM contact, which represents a primary customer
// in the relationship.
myCR.customerid.Value = account.accountid.Value;

// Instantiate a customer.
myCR.partnerid = new Customer();

// Set the customer type to contact.
myCR.partnerid.type = EntityName.contact.ToString();

// You must replace this with the GUID of a valid Microsoft
// CRM contact, which represents a secondary customer
// in the relationship.
 myCR.partnerid.Value = contact.contactid.Value;

// Instantiate Lookup.
myCR.partnerroleid = new Lookup();

// Set the Lookup type to role.
myCR.partnerroleid.type = EntityName.role.ToString();

// You must replace this with the GUID of a valid
// Microsoft CRM role of the secondary customer
// in the relationship.

myCR.partnerroleid.Value =
                      new Guid("8C1F4F51-1FF9-41F6-8245-836F2CA6F2F8");

 // Create a customerrelationship instance
 // in Microsoft CRM database.
 TargetCreateCustomerRelationship cr =
                      new TargetCreateCustomerRelationship();

 cr.CustomerRelationship = myCR;
 CreateRequest create = new CreateRequest();
create.Target = cr;
 CreateResponse cresponse = (CreateResponse)service.Execute(create);

I just want to assign account Id to contact.parentcustomerid but in the
above sample code i could not understand why do i need role id's? how can i
grab the role GUID's? and should i assign Contact id to myCR.partnerid.Value
or should i assign AccountId to it.

This is my first CRM project so please help me to understand it and if you
any sample code please pass it to me.

Again many thanks for your response and for your time.

--
Thanks

Sol

"uMar Khan" wrote:

> Hi,
> Replace CRMLookup with Customer class;
>
> myCR.customerid = new Customer();
> myCR.customerid.type = EntityName.contact.ToString();
> myCR.customerid.Value = account.accountid.value;
>
> --
> uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
> CRM Freelance Consultant
> Email :: imumar at gmail dot com
> Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com
> MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan
>

> "Sol" wrote:
>

> > Hey all-
> >
> > I'm writing an application that creates accounts in CRM 3.0
> > automatically using the web service. So far, so good. The problem I'm
> > having is programmatically assigning accounts to the contacts. If my
> > accounts are already created in CRM, I should just be able to grab their guid
> > and assign it to the contact using contact.parentcustomerid, right?
> >
> > Well, if that's the case, what should the code look like? How do I
> > assign values to the type of Customer? If that's not right, can
> > someone point me in the right direction?
> >
> > I got this sample code from one forum but it doesn't work for me.
> >
> > Example 1) Change lookups with code like this:
> >
> > contact.parentcustomerid = new CRMLookup();
> > contact.parentcustomerid.value = account.accountid.value;
> > contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
> >
> > Example2) You can also use the helper class and just use:
> > contact.parentcustomerid =
> > CrmSdk.CrmTypes.CreateCustomer(account.accountid.v alue,
> > EntityName.account.ToString());
> >
> > I don't know why i can't use the above code? It  gave me this exception
> > Error 3 The type or namespace name 'CrmTypes' does not exist in the
> > namespace 'CrmSdk' (are you missing an assembly reference?).
> >
> > Please help me to sort this out. Thanks in advance
> >
> > --
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sol
0
Sol (12)
1/21/2008 12:11:00 AM
Thanks for your reply. I don't know is this simple, but I will try and do
some .net programming with the help of the blog.

"Sol" wrote:

> Hey all-
>
> I'm writing an application that creates accounts in CRM 3.0
> automatically using the web service. So far, so good. The problem I'm
> having is programmatically assigning accounts to the contacts. If my
> accounts are already created in CRM, I should just be able to grab their guid
> and assign it to the contact using contact.parentcustomerid, right?
>
> Well, if that's the case, what should the code look like? How do I
> assign values to the type of Customer? If that's not right, can
> someone point me in the right direction?
>
> I got this sample code from one forum but it doesn't work for me.
>
> Example 1) Change lookups with code like this:
>
> contact.parentcustomerid = new CRMLookup();
> contact.parentcustomerid.value = account.accountid.value;
> contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
>
> Example2) You can also use the helper class and just use:
> contact.parentcustomerid =
> CrmSdk.CrmTypes.CreateCustomer(account.accountid.v alue,
> EntityName.account.ToString());
>
> I don't know why i can't use the above code? It  gave me this exception
> Error 3 The type or namespace name 'CrmTypes' does not exist in the
> namespace 'CrmSdk' (are you missing an assembly reference?).
>
> Please help me to sort this out. Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Sol
0
matarvai (2)
1/21/2008 5:51:01 AM
Hi,
You are mixing up two things over here. To set an account as parent of a
contact, you just need to do an update call on contact.

Customer Relationship is pointing to relationship entity visible on left
navigation bar of Account Form. If you need to add new relationship btw two
records then you use customer relationship.

"Sol" wrote:

> [...]
> > > assign values to the type of Customer? If that's not right, can
> > > someone point me in the right direction?
> > >
> > > I got this sample code from one forum but it doesn't work for me.
> > >
> > > Example 1) Change lookups with code like this:
> > >
> > > contact.parentcustomerid = new CRMLookup();
> > > contact.parentcustomerid.value = account.accountid.value;
> > > contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
> > >
> > > Example2) You can also use the helper class and just use:
> > > contact.parentcustomerid =
> > > CrmSdk.CrmTypes.CreateCustomer(account.accountid.v alue,
> > > EntityName.account.ToString());
> > >
> > > I don't know why i can't use the above code? It  gave me this exception
> > > Error 3 The type or namespace name 'CrmTypes' does not exist in the
> > > namespace 'CrmSdk' (are you missing an assembly reference?).
> > >
> > > Please help me to sort this out. Thanks in advance

0
imumar (138)
1/21/2008 9:39:02 AM
A.O.A Umar,

Thank you very much for your help. Before i was not using this line when
calling the update function "contact.parentcustomerid.type =
EntityName.account.ToString();". Now it's working fine with the code given
below:

            contact.parentcustomerid = new Customer();
            contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
            contact.parentcustomerid.Value = account.accountid.Value;

Many Thanks for your time and help. Thanks to Peter as well for suggesting a
link.

--
Thanks

Sol

"uMar Khan" wrote:

> [...]
> >  CreateResponse cresponse = (CreateResponse)service.Execute(create);
> >

> > I just want to assign account Id to contact.parentcustomerid but in the
> > above sample code i could not understand why do i need role id's? how can i
> > grab the role GUID's? and should i assign Contact id to myCR.partnerid.Value
> > or should i assign AccountId to it.
> >
> > This is my first CRM project so please help me to understand it and if you
> > any sample code please pass it to me.
> >
> > Again many thanks for your response and for your time.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sol
> >

> > "uMar Khan" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > Replace CRMLookup with Customer class;
> > >
> > > myCR.customerid = new Customer();
> > > myCR.customerid.type = EntityName.contact.ToString();
> > > myCR.customerid.Value = account.accountid.value;

0
Sol (12)

Creating a report from a tabbed form
Hi From what I've read here, I can't print a form but should print a report instead. What's the best way to do the following: I have a main form and a subform which consists of a tabcontrol with 10 tabs. On each tab I have placed forms which I have created earlier. Several of the forms have its own tab control. What is the best way to create a report for each of my forms I have placed in the subform? I need it to look exactly like the mainform and subform. Thank you for your help. Each subform can be converted to a subreport. The subreports can be add...

Does creating many Inbox folders make a safer pst?
Hi everyone, My Outlook pst file is currently 815,000KB (is that 815MB = 0.8GB? - I get confused!). I had lots of messages (over 1,400 - yes, I'm a hoarder!!) and attachments in the Inbox folder. For safety's sake, if I create lots of folders like "family" "friends" "work" etc and actually properly sort those emails, does it make for a safer pst file if it crashes? I guess it will make no difference to the actual size of the file, but I'm guessing that if the file crashes, it might make for a better repair? BTW, I DO do weekly full backups, but wo...

when selecting contacts from drop down the list is blank
When selecting contacts from the drop down (ie if I am composing and click on the "To:" field) my contact list is blank. If I type a letter in the "Type Name or slect from list" field, all my contacts come up. What needs to be done so all my contacts are visible when I select contacts from the drop down ? Thank you mikebach <it_mikeb@hotmail.com> wrote: > When selecting contacts from the drop down (ie if I am composing and > click on the "To:" field) my contact list is blank. If I type a > letter in the "Type Name or slect from list" f...

How do I set up outlook with an existing email account?
I am trying to set up my bellsouth email thru outlook, I am new to changing to this. I have had email woth bellsouth for awhile now, but I am going to be the team manager for a soccer team and was told this was the way to go. HELP ME!!!! "gecmom" <gecmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00DB42D7-DCB6-470D-91CD-2FF714AFAB55@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up my bellsouth email thru outlook, I am new to >changing > to this. I have had email woth bellsouth for awhile now, but I am > going to be > the team manager for a soccer team and wa...

Create new distribution list from To: field in a received email
I received an email today addressed to a large number of people, many of whom are not currently in my Contacts folder. It's a working group that will be communicating with each other as a group, so I'd like to simply copy the names in the To: field from this email I received, and create a new Distribution list from this group of names. But so far I can't figure out how to create a new distribtion list without either manually entering all these names into the list, or manually creating Contact forms for each one. Is there a simpler to do this? ...

Creating a Rule
Basically I was wondering if it would be possible to setup a rule to: 1) Take an email and automatically move it to a folder with the senders name 2) If the folder with the senders name does not exist then create it. Thanks in advance. . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com No, that is not possible without some custom scripting of your own. There is an add-in from Sperry Software which can do this though. It's called Incoming Email Organizer. For more details see; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/sperry_incomingemailorganizer If you decide to order use BH93RF24 t...

Help in creating a formula
Hello, I would like to have a formula in E2 (The comment row) that would recognize the 3 digits in B2, and copy it in E2. My problem is that I need for the person to enter in E2 PW and have the 159 write itself right away, re3cognizinf what was inputed in »B2 and then the person would go on with for example 203. So in the cell E2 I would get PW159203. 4 digits 3 digits 5 digits Voir (*) Comment Nom du projet / Project 4450 159 DKxxx 1000 PW159203 CSeries Thank you in letting me know if this is possible. That could be done...

Deleting/Creating a relationship between two tables -----> Help Pl
Hi all: I would like to know how to break and create a relationship between two tables. I have created a database to handle the capturing of out inventory stock count/take. Part of the setup routine is creating tables in the database from the tables in our accounting system. I must recreate them each time the database is used to capture the current inventory levels as well as any new items created since our last inventory count from our accounting system. In order for me to do this I must manual remove the relationships between the two tables, run the set up program to cre...

sync Contacts on Exchange with Address Book in Entourage (not iCal)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is there a way to sync Contacts on the Exchange server with the Address Book in Entourage under &quot;On My Computer&quot;? <br> Note: I am not referring to the Address Book in iCal, which can be synced via Sync Service. ...

"CRM Server unavailable" 0x80004005 when trying to create an order from a quote
Hi, We are currently testing CRM 3.0 and are stumbling into a pretty serious problem. When trying to create an order from a quote, we get a "Microsoft CRM Server is unavailable" error (0x80004005). The problem is known and documented in KB #913465. However, the patch is not directly downloadable. Since I don't really want to either wait monthes or fry a support ticket on what appears to be a bug in CRM server, do you guys know if there's a quick workaround for this? Thanks! G. ------=_NextPart_0001_2A6EB238 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ...

Copyin an item should not copy parent child relationship
When I copy a child item...it should not copy it's parent as well...because usually when using the copy method it almost always has a different parent, I can't think of when it would have the same. -- Thank You Vince :) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

table import accounts quick journal
how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must have a lot of accounts to put into it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Toni" wrote: > how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup Which table (tables) I have to use. I have a lot of accounts. I only found to set up the ID with the offset account, but I need to import all the other accounts also. Thanks. "Charles Allen" wrote: > You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must > ha...

Problems using accounts in a different currency from the base curr
I´m actually using MNY 17.0.120.1415 version, and one Bank account in a different currency from my base currency Euro. This account is in JPY, others inside Portfolio Manager are in USD or GBP. With the Portfolio Manager I haven't got any problems, each 15 minutes my accounts are updated. But with my bank JPY account isn't updated at anytime. I cheked the Currency Options at Program Options menu, making click in "Update Currencies" buttom. All those currencies was selected with "Update exchange rate online" What can I do? I forgot update now buttom in ...

Transfer "Account Tools" Categories to Budget ; PID
I've set up elaborate expense categories/subcategories in the Banking tab under Account Tools/Categories & Payees. Is there a way to import this category structure automatically into a new advanced budget? I bought Money 2006/Deluxe at Walmart. When I tried to use the online support, they asked for a product ident. number, but when I went to Help/About MS Money, there was nothing but a serial number, which didn't work. Any ideas? Thanxalot! -- Rich Rosenberg ...

contacts #4
Is there a way of saving contacts that were e-mailed from someone else to my own contact? Help! ...

How to create such rule?
Hello, I have a special email box at my exchange server fax@email.lt. When someone sends a letter to this box with like this <123456789><fax@email.lt>, this letter should be automatically forwarded by address [fax:123456789]. How can I write such rule using MS Outlook 2003? Maybe I have to write some VB code? I appreciate your help. Greetings, Vycka ...

contacts #31
I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. Is it possible to copy or transfer a contact from one contact list to another, and if so, how? I have two separate contact lists. -- Thanks, Bob "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eVM7tLNaIHA.4208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. > > Is it possible to copy or transfer a contact from one contact list to > another, and if so, how? I have two separate contact lists. As with previous versions, highlight the contact, do Edit-Copy to Folder..... When I open the address book and att...

Import Contacts 02-13-04
How can I import contacts from Outlook without creating Accounts (Company in Outlook) Erik Sorry, replace without by with :-) "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:e3q9r8i8DHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can I import contacts from Outlook without creating Accounts (Company in > Outlook) > > Erik > > You can't. The leading solution seems to be Scribe Migrate (www.scribesoft.com). About $995 last time I looked. >-----Original Message----- >Sorry, replace without by with :-) > >"Erik" <none> wrote in message news...

Importing contacts #3
Hello! When I am trying to import contacts I can´t import the account that they belong to. Does anyone know why? The error message tells me that the format is wrong. need more information . you have imported accounts and now you are importing contacts? if you are in CRM 3.0 or CRM 4.0 and what tool are u using? the best way is to import just 10 rows and see where there is wrong. Format erros mostly appear for data and time . if you are using Microsoft data migration tool , then i might help you . /Aamir On Jun 13, 10:11 pm, Martin <Mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

how do I create a attendance sheets?
I am trying to leearn how to create a attandance sheet from scracth. I have never had to do one before.I am sure that it is quite simple. Do have any suggestions? An attendance sheet could be as simple as a table with the names in the first column, with dates in a row across the top, and a yes or no filled in for each date/name pair.. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Girl in transition" <Girl in transition@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45C64590-7593-4584-B9D5-134AA78A7161@microsoft.com... >I am trying to leearn how to create a attandance sheet from scra...

How do I create a bar graph from a table in Microsolf Word?
Can someone contact me immediately in this regard? can you email me a sample of your document "michael" wrote: > Can someone contact me immediately in this regard? ...

Reflection not working anymore if creating the child window in a separated thread
Hi folks, I have a weird behaviour when creating a child window (CTreeCtrl derivated class) in a separated thread (to handle asynchronous operations more gently) : message reflection is not working anymore. The Win32 Documentation seems OK for creating child windows in a thread other than the main thread (ie. the parent), and after overriding Create() (the new Create() function starts a thread, create the window, and enter in the second message pump), everything works fine. Except that notification messages (reflection) seems never fired - especially TVN_* notifications, which are not...

How can I create a shortcut for "paste special" + transpose?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I need to do a lot of copying from one data orientation to another and use a lot of repetitive copy, paste special, transpose. It's a pain in the neck to use the mouse for this. Can I create a keyboard function or a single click button? I recently discovered how to record a macro in my previous version of office, which, although I couldn't work out how to apply it to all new workbooks, it was quick to set up in a new workbook. Now that I have upgraded to 2008 I cant even do that anymore. There seems to be a lot...

Trying to create a flexible number of years to project cash flows
Hi I want to define the number of years that I would like to project cash flow and then have a cashflow sheet generate the number of year up and until the defined number of years in seperate columns, any ideas? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Enter into some sheet the values for starting and last years Define those cells as named ranges (Insert.Name.Define) p.e. FirstYear and LastYear Into cell where you want your column names (as year numbers) to ...

Online Banking Services
I've had a paypal account in MS Money for years. I'm not sure when, but within the last year, online services with paypal became no longer available. For many months, I kept getting an error message when automatic updates would ensue. At some point, I stopped using online services (via MS Money). I still have other accounts that utilize this online feature, and whenever an update occurs, an additional mysterous paypal account appears. Currently, I have Paypal - Money Market Funds Banking, Paypal - Money Market Funds Banking #2, & Paypal - Money Market Funds Banking #3. Howeve...