how to create relationship between Account and Contact relationshi

Hey all-

I'm writing an application that creates accounts in CRM 3.0
automatically using the web service. So far, so good. The problem I'm
having is programmatically assigning accounts to the contacts. If my
accounts are already created in CRM, I should just be able to grab their guid
and assign it to the contact using contact.parentcustomerid, right?

Well, if that's the case, what should the code look like? How do I
assign values to the type of Customer? If that's not right, can
someone point me in the right direction?

I got this sample code from one forum but it doesn't work for me.

Example 1) Change lookups with code like this:

contact.parentcustomerid = new CRMLookup();
contact.parentcustomerid.value = account.accountid.value;
contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();

Example2) You can also use the helper class and just use:
contact.parentcustomerid =
CrmSdk.CrmTypes.CreateCustomer(account.accountid.v alue,
EntityName.account.ToString());

I don't know why i can't use the above code? It  gave me this exception
Error 3 The type or namespace name 'CrmTypes' does not exist in the
namespace 'CrmSdk' (are you missing an assembly reference?).

Please help me to sort this out. Thanks in advance

--
Thanks

Sol
0
Sol (12)
1/20/2008 12:10:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try www.stunnware.com/crm2 for an example -  one of Michael's really early
posts

Pete

"Sol" <Sol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hey all-
>
> I'm writing an application that creates accounts in CRM 3.0
> automatically using the web service. So far, so good. The problem I'm
> having is programmatically assigning accounts to the contacts. If my
> accounts are already created in CRM, I should just be able to grab their
> guid
> and assign it to the contact using contact.parentcustomerid, right?
>
> Well, if that's the case, what should the code look like? How do I
> assign values to the type of Customer? If that's not right, can
> someone point me in the right direction?
>
> I got this sample code from one forum but it doesn't work for me.
>
> Example 1) Change lookups with code like this:
>
> contact.parentcustomerid = new CRMLookup();
> contact.parentcustomerid.value = account.accountid.value;
> contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
>
> Example2) You can also use the helper class and just use:
> contact.parentcustomerid =
> CrmSdk.CrmTypes.CreateCustomer(account.accountid.v alue,
> EntityName.account.ToString());
>
> I don't know why i can't use the above code? It  gave me this exception
> Error 3 The type or namespace name 'CrmTypes' does not exist in the
> namespace 'CrmSdk' (are you missing an assembly reference?).
>
> Please help me to sort this out. Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Sol

0
p0911 (103)
1/20/2008 5:12:50 AM
Hi,
Replace CRMLookup with Customer class;

myCR.customerid = new Customer();
myCR.customerid.type = EntityName.contact.ToString();
myCR.customerid.Value = account.accountid.value;

--
uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
CRM Freelance Consultant

"Sol" wrote:

> Hey all-
>
> I'm writing an application that creates accounts in CRM 3.0
> automatically using the web service. So far, so good. The problem I'm
> having is programmatically assigning accounts to the contacts. If my
> accounts are already created in CRM, I should just be able to grab their guid
> and assign it to the contact using contact.parentcustomerid, right?
>
> Well, if that's the case, what should the code look like? How do I
> assign values to the type of Customer? If that's not right, can
> someone point me in the right direction?
>
> I got this sample code from one forum but it doesn't work for me.
>
> Example 1) Change lookups with code like this:
>
> contact.parentcustomerid = new CRMLookup();
> contact.parentcustomerid.value = account.accountid.value;
> contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
>
> Example2) You can also use the helper class and just use:
> contact.parentcustomerid =
> CrmSdk.CrmTypes.CreateCustomer(account.accountid.v alue,
> EntityName.account.ToString());
>
> I don't know why i can't use the above code? It  gave me this exception
> Error 3 The type or namespace name 'CrmTypes' does not exist in the
> namespace 'CrmSdk' (are you missing an assembly reference?).
>
> Please help me to sort this out. Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Sol
0
imumar (138)
1/20/2008 10:33:00 AM
A.O.A Umar,

Many Thanks for you reply.  I still have few concerns please help me to get
it sorted:

1) Are you using customerrelationship myCR = new customerrelationship();
class to create relationships?

If yes then Is there any other way of doing it? Like can't I simply grabe
the account Id and assign it to the  the contact.parentcustomerid and call
the updae funtion?

e.g          contact.parentcustomerid = new Customer();
              contact.parentcustomerid.Value = account.accountid.Value;

If you are using customerrelationship myCR = new customerrelationship();
class then could you please guide me how to use this class properly. I have
the sample code for this but could not undertstand it properly.

Sample Code:

// Instantiate a customerrelationship entity.
customerrelationship myCR = new customerrelationship();

// Instantiate Lookup.
myCR.customerroleid = new Lookup();

// Set the Lookup type to role.
myCR.customerroleid.type = EntityName.role.ToString();

// You must replace this with the GUID of a valid
// Microsoft CRM role of the primary customer in the relationship.
myCR.customerroleid.Value =  new Guid("B6777F84-EA83-DB11-A460-000BDB5C46AB");

 // Instantiate customer.
myCR.customerid = new Customer();
// Set the customer type to contact.
 myCR.customerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
// You must replace this with the GUID of a valid Microsoft
// CRM contact, which represents a primary customer
// in the relationship.
myCR.customerid.Value = account.accountid.Value;

// Instantiate a customer.
myCR.partnerid = new Customer();

// Set the customer type to contact.
myCR.partnerid.type = EntityName.contact.ToString();

// You must replace this with the GUID of a valid Microsoft
// CRM contact, which represents a secondary customer
// in the relationship.
 myCR.partnerid.Value = contact.contactid.Value;

// Instantiate Lookup.
myCR.partnerroleid = new Lookup();

// Set the Lookup type to role.
myCR.partnerroleid.type = EntityName.role.ToString();

// You must replace this with the GUID of a valid
// Microsoft CRM role of the secondary customer
// in the relationship.

myCR.partnerroleid.Value =
                      new Guid("8C1F4F51-1FF9-41F6-8245-836F2CA6F2F8");

 // Create a customerrelationship instance
 // in Microsoft CRM database.
 TargetCreateCustomerRelationship cr =
                      new TargetCreateCustomerRelationship();

 cr.CustomerRelationship = myCR;
 CreateRequest create = new CreateRequest();
create.Target = cr;
 CreateResponse cresponse = (CreateResponse)service.Execute(create);

I just want to assign account Id to contact.parentcustomerid but in the
above sample code i could not understand why do i need role id's? how can i
grab the role GUID's? and should i assign Contact id to myCR.partnerid.Value
or should i assign AccountId to it.

This is my first CRM project so please help me to understand it and if you
any sample code please pass it to me.

Again many thanks for your response and for your time.

--
Thanks

Sol

"uMar Khan" wrote:

> Hi,
> Replace CRMLookup with Customer class;
>
> myCR.customerid = new Customer();
> myCR.customerid.type = EntityName.contact.ToString();
> myCR.customerid.Value = account.accountid.value;
>
> --
> uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
> CRM Freelance Consultant
> Email :: imumar at gmail dot com
> Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com
> MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan
>

> "Sol" wrote:
>

> > Hey all-
> >
> > I'm writing an application that creates accounts in CRM 3.0
> > automatically using the web service. So far, so good. The problem I'm
> > having is programmatically assigning accounts to the contacts. If my
> > accounts are already created in CRM, I should just be able to grab their guid
> > and assign it to the contact using contact.parentcustomerid, right?
> >
> > Well, if that's the case, what should the code look like? How do I
> > assign values to the type of Customer? If that's not right, can
> > someone point me in the right direction?
> >
> > I got this sample code from one forum but it doesn't work for me.
> >
> > Example 1) Change lookups with code like this:
> >
> > contact.parentcustomerid = new CRMLookup();
> > contact.parentcustomerid.value = account.accountid.value;
> > contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
> >
> > Example2) You can also use the helper class and just use:
> > contact.parentcustomerid =
> > CrmSdk.CrmTypes.CreateCustomer(account.accountid.v alue,
> > EntityName.account.ToString());
> >
> > I don't know why i can't use the above code? It  gave me this exception
> > Error 3 The type or namespace name 'CrmTypes' does not exist in the
> > namespace 'CrmSdk' (are you missing an assembly reference?).
> >
> > Please help me to sort this out. Thanks in advance
> >
> > --
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sol
0
Sol (12)
1/21/2008 12:11:00 AM
Thanks for your reply. I don't know is this simple, but I will try and do
some .net programming with the help of the blog.

"Sol" wrote:

> Hey all-
>
> I'm writing an application that creates accounts in CRM 3.0
> automatically using the web service. So far, so good. The problem I'm
> having is programmatically assigning accounts to the contacts. If my
> accounts are already created in CRM, I should just be able to grab their guid
> and assign it to the contact using contact.parentcustomerid, right?
>
> Well, if that's the case, what should the code look like? How do I
> assign values to the type of Customer? If that's not right, can
> someone point me in the right direction?
>
> I got this sample code from one forum but it doesn't work for me.
>
> Example 1) Change lookups with code like this:
>
> contact.parentcustomerid = new CRMLookup();
> contact.parentcustomerid.value = account.accountid.value;
> contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
>
> Example2) You can also use the helper class and just use:
> contact.parentcustomerid =
> CrmSdk.CrmTypes.CreateCustomer(account.accountid.v alue,
> EntityName.account.ToString());
>
> I don't know why i can't use the above code? It  gave me this exception
> Error 3 The type or namespace name 'CrmTypes' does not exist in the
> namespace 'CrmSdk' (are you missing an assembly reference?).
>
> Please help me to sort this out. Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Sol
0
matarvai (2)
1/21/2008 5:51:01 AM
Hi,
You are mixing up two things over here. To set an account as parent of a
contact, you just need to do an update call on contact.

Customer Relationship is pointing to relationship entity visible on left
navigation bar of Account Form. If you need to add new relationship btw two
records then you use customer relationship.

"Sol" wrote:

> [...]
> > > assign values to the type of Customer? If that's not right, can
> > > someone point me in the right direction?
> > >
> > > I got this sample code from one forum but it doesn't work for me.
> > >
> > > Example 1) Change lookups with code like this:
> > >
> > > contact.parentcustomerid = new CRMLookup();
> > > contact.parentcustomerid.value = account.accountid.value;
> > > contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
> > >
> > > Example2) You can also use the helper class and just use:
> > > contact.parentcustomerid =
> > > CrmSdk.CrmTypes.CreateCustomer(account.accountid.v alue,
> > > EntityName.account.ToString());
> > >
> > > I don't know why i can't use the above code? It  gave me this exception
> > > Error 3 The type or namespace name 'CrmTypes' does not exist in the
> > > namespace 'CrmSdk' (are you missing an assembly reference?).
> > >
> > > Please help me to sort this out. Thanks in advance

0
imumar (138)
1/21/2008 9:39:02 AM
A.O.A Umar,

Thank you very much for your help. Before i was not using this line when
calling the update function "contact.parentcustomerid.type =
EntityName.account.ToString();". Now it's working fine with the code given
below:

            contact.parentcustomerid = new Customer();
            contact.parentcustomerid.type = EntityName.account.ToString();
            contact.parentcustomerid.Value = account.accountid.Value;

Many Thanks for your time and help. Thanks to Peter as well for suggesting a
link.

--
Thanks

Sol

"uMar Khan" wrote:

> [...]
> >  CreateResponse cresponse = (CreateResponse)service.Execute(create);
> >

> > I just want to assign account Id to contact.parentcustomerid but in the
> > above sample code i could not understand why do i need role id's? how can i
> > grab the role GUID's? and should i assign Contact id to myCR.partnerid.Value
> > or should i assign AccountId to it.
> >
> > This is my first CRM project so please help me to understand it and if you
> > any sample code please pass it to me.
> >
> > Again many thanks for your response and for your time.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sol
> >

> > "uMar Khan" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > Replace CRMLookup with Customer class;
> > >
> > > myCR.customerid = new Customer();
> > > myCR.customerid.type = EntityName.contact.ToString();
> > > myCR.customerid.Value = account.accountid.value;

0
Sol (12)

Favorite Account Missing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C3DC4D.A4115E20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have Money 2003. I've just noticed that when I tried to get an = account to come up on my Home Page, even though I make the account a = favorite it is NOT listed. When I go to the accounts page, it is listed = there and the details page shows the box for favorites is checked. When = I click the link that says "see all of my favorites", all of my accounts = come up except for this one. ...

create a roster

Task Create - Status

Business Logic Extensions to Microsoft CRM 1.2: Post-Callouts works only with the CRM
hi, i extendet my ms crm organisation with own written business logic. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmpostcalloutsv1d2.asp so far so fine, but it works only with the crm-admin user account. all other users makes no impact on saving the organisation. any ideas? thx urb ...

Create external database

Remove investments from closed accounts
Is there a way on MS Money 2005 (premium) to eliminate the investments with no position (from closed accounts) from the "Best and worst" investment category on the homepage? Steve ...

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

similiar upgrade question, on upgrades do contact info auto load, or
do you have to use pst files All data contained in a *.pst file Other than that yr Q is a little hard to follow. "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:ex66JE1qEHA.372@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > do you have to use pst files > > ...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

New POP3 E-Mail Account Deliver Folder
I have both an Exchange Account and a (personal) POP3 account that I check using Outlook 2003. Currently, both accounts drop new e-mail into my Exchange Inbox - and I have a rule that moves the POP3 e-mail to a personal folder inbox. Problem is, rules don't run when I'm not connected to the Exchange server. Is it possible to have the POP3 account post new e-mails to the personal folder, while keeping the Exchange account posting new e-mails to the exchange inbox? Thanks; Michael Have you tried to set up a personal folder specifically for the pop account and set the exchange acc...

Creating an ad book

all account owners changed to same owner
CRM 1.2; server OS w2003, sql server 2000 Some time between Wednesday (16th) afternoon and Thursday (17th) afternoon, when it was first noticed, all accounts (30,000+) had the owner changed. Owners A, B and C each owned about 1/3 of the accounts, now all accounts are owned by owner C. This changed was made without changing the last modifiedon date. We are in the process of restoring from backup. We are at a loss as to how this happened. Has anyone had a similar experience? Thoughts anyone? Thanks, -- Jim Yeah Jim, Somebody or some (workflow or other) process changed them! Field...

Outlook 2003: Reply to messages using the account to which they were sent?
I have a series of email accounts set up in my Outlook 2003. All mail is delivered to my default Inbox. I'm looking for a foolproof means of ensuring that when I reply to an email... that it is sent from the account to which it was sent. I don't want to have to think to change the sending account manually... So: If an email is sent to bob@bob.com, when I hit reply I want the reply account to be bob@bob.com If the email was sent to accounts@bob.com, when I hit reply I want the reply account to be accounts@bob.com Any idea as to how I do this? Thanks Bob All version of Outlook...

Access unable to create an MDE

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

error while sending mail to external accounts
hello, I'm trying to send mail from Exchange 2003 Server account, to hotmail. And its not working. Does any one have a clue, what do i need to do in this regards. Thanks, Sam. What errors/NDRs do you get? Provide the exact message. Does this happen for all outbound mail? Sam wrote: > hello, > I'm trying to send mail from Exchange 2003 Server account, to > hotmail. And its not working. > Does any one have a clue, what do i need to do in this regards. > > Thanks, > > Sam. this error occurs for all the out bound messages. And i get an automated rep...