How to create multiselect fields in CRM.

Group,

I've got some question about customization in Microsoft CRM.
We have a need to create multivalued fields in CRM.
Example: the account is dealership and we need to capture the list of
makes and models it sells. Pick list does not work, because it can let
you select only one value. Looks like we are going to have to create
new entity, but schema does not let us do it. Please let me know how
to do it?

Thanks,
Sergey Zelvenskiy
Sr. Software Engineer
Encore Development
sergey.zelvenskiy@encoredev.com
0
szelvenskiy
12/2/2003 9:17:39 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sergey

None of the controls in CRM support multiple picks. I would recommend you
look at creating a custom addon for accounts to capture the information
unless anyone else comes up with a better solution.

"Sergey" <szelvenskiy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Group,
>
> I've got some question about customization in Microsoft CRM.
> We have a need to create multivalued fields in CRM.
> Example: the account is dealership and we need to capture the list of
> makes and models it sells. Pick list does not work, because it can let
> you select only one value. Looks like we are going to have to create
> new entity, but schema does not let us do it. Please let me know how
> to do it?
>
> Thanks,
> Sergey Zelvenskiy
> Sr. Software Engineer
> Encore Development
> sergey.zelvenskiy@encoredev.com

0
John
12/2/2003 9:19:43 PM
Hi,
I had the same problem regarding Opportunity form. I had to go around this
by doing a custom form (VS .NET) and making a new navigation button on the
Opportunity form which shows the custom form that includes my custom fields.
These custom multi selection fields are saved in a new database because we
can't save it to the CRM schema. We use the OpportunityID to link to it.
This is not an easy way and I think is a heavy limitation in the CRM system
but on the other hand multiselection fields are always more complicated at
least from a database point of view.

regards,
Siggi

"Sergey" <szelvenskiy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Group,
>
> I've got some question about customization in Microsoft CRM.
> We have a need to create multivalued fields in CRM.
> Example: the account is dealership and we need to capture the list of
> makes and models it sells. Pick list does not work, because it can let
> you select only one value. Looks like we are going to have to create
> new entity, but schema does not let us do it. Please let me know how
> to do it?
>
> Thanks,
> Sergey Zelvenskiy
> Sr. Software Engineer
> Encore Development
> sergey.zelvenskiy@encoredev.com

0
Sigurdur
12/3/2003 9:45:49 AM
Cool - I have heard others do it the same way, thanks for the followup. I
had heard a rumour that later versions of CRM would allow you to create your
own objects but of course this is something we may see in a version 2
release next year.

"Sigurdur Hilmarsson" <siggi@im.is> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I had the same problem regarding Opportunity form. I had to go around this
> by doing a custom form (VS .NET) and making a new navigation button on the
> Opportunity form which shows the custom form that includes my custom
fields.
> These custom multi selection fields are saved in a new database because we
> can't save it to the CRM schema. We use the OpportunityID to link to it.
> This is not an easy way and I think is a heavy limitation in the CRM
system
> but on the other hand multiselection fields are always more complicated at
> least from a database point of view.
>
> regards,
> Siggi
>

> "Sergey" <szelvenskiy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Group,
> >
> > I've got some question about customization in Microsoft CRM.
> > We have a need to create multivalued fields in CRM.
> > Example: the account is dealership and we need to capture the list of
> > makes and models it sells. Pick list does not work, because it can let
> > you select only one value. Looks like we are going to have to create
> > new entity, but schema does not let us do it. Please let me know how
> > to do it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sergey Zelvenskiy
> > Sr. Software Engineer
> > Encore Development
> > sergey.zelvenskiy@encoredev.com

0
John

create a roster

Task Create - Status

Query on Group field in Pivot Table
I have a large database wherein under Date column, data is in the format "Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". When I use Pivot Table Under OPTIONS->GROUP-> Group Field is disabled. I used this to group Date field to either present data by Month, quarter at one click. Can anybody guide me why this seems to be disabled here. I want to present my data only by Monthwithout changing the format ""Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". Thanks Hi Shewta Check you Data Source of your Pivot. it should come up like "Sheet6!$G$1:$I$821" and not like "'\Documents and...

Customizing CRM look and feel
Is there a way to 'brand' or otherwise give the CRM application the look and feel of our enterprise web site? I see multiple posts about using the CRM sytleguide to give CRM look and feel to custom pages, but I don't see anything about customizing CRM to take on a custom look and feel. It doesn't have to be wholesale changes to the UI, I'm just looking to at least slip in a logo and possibly a footer with a disclaimer/trademark kind of thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. SpencerW I would venture to say in the ISV.config file. You can buttons to the men...

Business Logic Extensions to Microsoft CRM 1.2: Post-Callouts works only with the CRM
hi, i extendet my ms crm organisation with own written business logic. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmpostcalloutsv1d2.asp so far so fine, but it works only with the crm-admin user account. all other users makes no impact on saving the organisation. any ideas? thx urb ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Update A Field From Another Field
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone can help me on this one. It's probably simple, but I'm stuck!! I have a Table which fills in data from a form with the following field: ReservationNo ReservationName Surname1 Name1 Surname2 Name 2 Sometimes I don't have the names, so fields Name1 and Name 2 are left blank until I check in the guests using the RESPEL form with the following fields RservationNo ReservationName Surname Name Now the ResevationNo and ReservationName have identical data since they are autofilled. What I want to do is if the ReservationNo and the S...

Do not want to synchronize CRM Contacts to Outlook Contacts
We do not want to synchronize CRM Contacts to Outlook when we go offline in the SFO client. We DO want to synchronize CRM Appointments so the Fast Sync is not an option. All the contacts were entered by the same user who has shared the contacts with everyone in the business unit. Is there any way to prevent synchronization of contacts to Outlook? Lynn you can only control what gets synched by using crm security roles. Basically if your users can see contacts in the crm web interface they will get synced to outlook. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/...

How do I sort by calculated field
relationship = one buyer to many purchases. Report is summary of buyer purchases. Number of purchases and total purchased. The number of purchases is calculated "=Count([Lot Info]![Lot No])" , the total purchase is calculated "=Sum([Price])" How can I make the report sort by descending total purchases? By descending total lots? To get the information to report one total line sorting and grouping is set to group by buyer number, group ascending. group on each value, interval =1, keep together = whole group. Presumably the sum of price is in a group footer, so...

when form created

Smartlist + Extender Field
I have an extender form with a few fields on it. In smartlist, I can query the information. For all but one field everything is working properly. The last field displays in smartlist as a column but no data actually shows up. If I go to the actual extender form itself, there is data for every record. Any ideas on what the problem might be would be appreciated. What kind of field is it? -- Charles Allen, MVP "JP" wrote: > I have an extender form with a few fields on it. > > In smartlist, I can query the information. For all but one field > everything is working pr...

CRM Service Activity Outlook Calendar Sync Broken
Hi. All was fine until yesterday but now items on the Outlook calendar no longer appear to be tied to the service activities that created them. When I click on a calendar entry it opens an ordinary appointment view of what should be a service activity. Also, the "track in CRM" button seems to do nothing. A newly created service activity will appear on the calendar, but will exhibit the same characteristics described above. Any ideas on how to fix? I've considered reinstalling the CRM client for Outlook or possibly creating a new Outlook profile. Any thoughts would be...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition
We are looking to deploy the above CRM version from Microsoft Action Pack - but are encountering some difficulties. Does this application have to be installed onto an SBS server directly? Can it not be installed on a server which participates in a SBS domain? Regards -- Mark Baker Operations Manager SITOC Ltd Must be installed on SBS server. Ian "Mark Baker" <MarkBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E202DEC8-C1A5-4A3E-86F3-094D462ECBE8@microsoft.com... > We are looking to deploy the above CRM version from Microsoft Action > Pack - > but are ...

Creating an ad book

Update field w/ string based on service due dates
Hi, I have a form that provides a listing of various instruments that are serviced on a monthly to annual basis, with general info about the instrument, last and next service dates, etc.. What I am trying to do is create an On Open event procedure that will identify all instruments that are listed with a string of either "Past Due" or "Schedule Vendor" based on whether each of their respective 'Due' dates have already transpired or not from the current month. The code I initially created for this was as follows: Private Sub Form_Open() Dim myDate, myDue myD...