How to Add New Tab to CRM 3.0

I am new to CRM.
Can anyone tell me the steps to add New Tab and further adding the Links for
Forms.

Thanks
Labhesh Shrimali
Bangalore - India
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Labhesh;
Do you have access to any of the CRM 3.0 documentation or manuals? If you
are new, it will be helpful to use the CRM manuals to walk you through how to
do this.

If I understand your question correctly, you would like to add a Tab to an
existing form and then add fields to the new tab. This is done using the
Customization capabilities of CRM.

First, I would recommend you take a look at these customization planning
tools from Microsoft.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=269d900e-8442-4086-92a9-7fc851bc5985&DisplayLang=en

These tools will help plan properly.

You need to be logged in as the administrator in CRM.
Use the CRM web client to navigate to "Settings".
This page will present you with the options you need to customize a form.
Read the descriptions of the options available to you and it will be apparent
which area to visit.

If you need step by step instructions, let me know.

Jason

"Labhesh Shrimali - Bangalore" wrote:

> I am new to CRM.
> Can anyone tell me the steps to add New Tab and further adding the Links for
> Forms.
>
> Thanks
> Labhesh Shrimali
> Bangalore - India

Using CRM Application Pool for Custom ASP.NET application
Hi All I am having 2 server based CRM configuration set that is CRM database is on other server, My intallation on multi server went well and CRM is working fine. I have asp.net application which also uses the same database server as CRM and it is deployed on CRM web server. I have added this ASP.NET application to the Application Pool that CRM is using so that I don't have problem in Connecting to Database server however though CRM is able to connect to the database my ASP.NET application is not getting trusted connection on sql server. What am i doing wrong here? Do I have to ...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Opening new Excel window
Windows 2000. When have an exel already open, when I click on another excel file (or its shortcut) it opens into the same excel main window. Then I can view either one of the excel applications by selecting the appropriate window. Is there a setting such that new excel will open in its own window? If so, how? [Currently I can get this effect in a less convenient way by starting the excel directly the second time, and then reading in the excel file.] Alan Beban You could have one instance of excel open and have multiple "tasks" appearing on the taskbar via: Tools|optio...

Add on

Cannot Install Crm Exchange Router
I Cannot Install Crm Exchange Router, this message appear after typing the CRM server name and CRM web site. "One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privilages on that server.Make sure that all servers are running properly and try again.". I think that is a security problem, my boss was hosting domains with the Exchange server, now i cannot install the Router. What to do? please help. Hi, the best way to install the Exchange Email Router is, to have domain admin rights. The Exchange server must be in the same dom...

Outlook Web Access Problem #3
I use Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4.0 Server. I use Outlook Web Access for accessing email from home or another pc. The reply function is no longer working in OWA. You click on reply and nothing happens. Any thoughts? OWA is a function of Exchange and can best be answered in an Exchange news group, probably the adminnistrator group on msnews.microsoft.com. >-----Original Message----- >I use Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4.0 Server. I use Outlook >Web Access for accessing email from home or another pc. >The reply function is no longer working in OWA. You click >on reply...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

copy entire contents worksheet into new workbook, link but editabl
I need to copy the entire contents of a worksheet which is used by several collegues who need to see it looking the same always (headers in the same order,etc). In the new worksheet (workbook) I will rearrange the data for other purposes. However, I will need the data to be kept up-to-date as per the source worksheet. ...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Upgrade from NT 4.0/Ex5.5 to Windows Server 2003/Exchange2003
I'm presently working at a client site and they presently have one NT4 PDC Server and 2 NT4 BDCs in the same domain XYZDom. The BDCs have Ex5.5 running in the different organizations/domains i.e xyz.com and xyzafrik.com. Each Ex 5.5 server hosts different domain mailboxes i.e john@xyz.com and the client use outlook to check their mails, and the other ex 5.5 server hosts john@xyzafrik.com and the client use outlook express to check their mails. The xyzafrik.com server acts as a POP3 server. I did an in-place upgrade of the PDC to server 2003 and i was only able to migrate mailboxes ...

CRM 3.0 02-16-06
Is it possible to customize Emails and/or Email Templates to allow attachments? -- ScubaFreak5891 Hi Cheryl, Try and have a look at the add-in from Opportunity Solutions called Email-Manager It will do exactly what you are asking for - directly from outlook. Kind regards Kenneth "Cheryl" wrote: > Is it possible to customize Emails and/or Email Templates to allow > attachments? > -- > ScubaFreak5891 ...

can't customize outlook today #3
when i click on the customize outlook today button, nothing happen. am i missing something? i'd love to hear from you if you have any ideas about what's happening. thanks! ...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

How does excel note a newline (ie new line but in same cell)
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi <br> Have legal transcription i need to manipulate partly in excel on mac. want each cell to be one question or answer in deposition, but can't allow excel to wrap the text of the question or answer, which is typically several lines, as in depositions each line is numbered and i want to preserve the numbers matching the lines. so i would like to manually add the character/formatting in my text editor before i bring the text back into excel. <br><br>or perhaps i can write an excel macro or f...

MS CRM Certification question

excel add-ons

Moving Exchange 2k to new Exchange 2k server
I have an Exchange 2k server. Two hard drives (one for OS and one for data). Both are quickly running out of space and the hardware is slow. I want to upgrade my hardware (faster computer, & larger hard drives), but I want to stick with Exchange 2k for now. What is the best way to go about this? Also, in looking at the way this server was setup, I don't understand where the m:/exchange drive exists. Do all Exchange servers have a m:/exchange drive. It seems to be part of the C: drive (always has exactly the same space used as if they were mirrored) but different data. Ca...

Creating a new list with Last Order Date
I do have a customer transaction history. I would like to get the latest order date with amount in to another sheet instead of all the orders under same account number and bring the rest of the corresponding info to the other columns. Such as bill to information for my new sales rep. Can someone help me? Thanks Vedat A2=Customer Number B2=Order numbers C2=Order dates D2=Order Amounts D3=Bill to Name etc. A2 B2 C2 D2 CA123 1234 10/11/06 $500 CA123 2345 09/10/06 $200 CA123...