How to add attachments into the Knowledge Base?

Hi,

How to add attachments into the Knowledge Base?
I heard that its possible with some code.
Is there anyone outthere with a small handy guide for that :-)
or even a ready to use codesnippet?

best regards
Antonio
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

 I don't think it's possible, what our clients does is linked to an
external resource like sharepoint for their attachements. If someone
can figure out how to attach to a knowledge base, please share, I
would like to know.

thanks!

Darren Liu
Crowe Chizek and Company
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Jul 17, 12:30 am, A.K.V. <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to add attachments into the Knowledge Base?
> I heard that its possible with some code.
> Is there anyone outthere with a small handy guide for that :-)
> or even a ready to use codesnippet?
>
> best regards
> Antonio

0
Darren
7/18/2007 3:42:48 AM
Below are the steps I used to add an image attachment:

1. Site settings -> Site Columns -> Create
2. On the New Site Column page, give your new site column a name (i.e. PictureUpload)
3. Select "Image with formatting and constraints for publishing" as the column type
4. Put this column into the "Custom Columns" group
5. Browse to your knowledge base list library
6. Settings -> Document Library Settings
7. Click on the "Knowledge Base Article" content type
8. Click "Add from existing site or list columns"
9. On the "Add Columns to List Content Type: Knowledge Base Article" page, select columns from Custom Columns
10. Click the Add button and press the OK button

Now when you add a new article, you will see the "Click to add a new picture" on the page.

> On Tuesday, July 17, 2007 1:30 AM AK wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How to add attachments into the Knowledge Base?
> I heard that its possible with some code.
> Is there anyone outthere with a small handy guide for that :-)
> or even a ready to use codesnippet?
>
> best regards
> Antonio

>> On Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:42 PM Darren Liu wrote:

>> I don't think it's possible, what our clients does is linked to an
>> external resource like sharepoint for their attachements. If someone
>> can figure out how to attach to a knowledge base, please share, I
>> would like to know.
>>
>> thanks!
>>
>> Darren Liu
>> Crowe Chizek and Company
>> http://www.crowecrm.com
>>

>> On Jul 17, 12:30 am, A.K.V. <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe
>> SharePoint Tip / Thought of the Day WebPart
>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/14280ff8-3c9f-46bd-8214-9267e613c8ec/sharepoint-tip--thought-of-the-day-webpart.aspx
1. Site Actions -> Site Settings -> Site Columns -> Create
2. Type "ImageUpload" in the column name field
3. Select the "Image with formatting and constraints for publishing" radio button"
4. Put this column into the "Custom Columns" group
5. Press OK
6. Browse to the Knowledge Base document library
7. Settings -> Document Library Settings
8. Click on the "Knowledge Base Article" content type
9. Click "Add from existing site or list columns"
10. Select Custom Columns from drop down
11. Select ImageUpload, press the Add button, and press OK

When you add a new article, you will now notice the "Click to add a new picture" at the bottom of the page.

> [...]

>>> On Tuesday, February 08, 2011 11:36 AM Omni Web Logix wrote:

>>> Below are the steps I used to add an image attachment:
>>>

>>> 1. Site settings -> Site Columns -> Create
>>>
>>> 2. On the New Site Column page, give your new site column a name (i.e. PictureUpload)
>>>
>>> 3. Select "Image with formatting and constraints for publishing" as the column type
>>>
>>> 4. Put this column into the "Custom Columns" group
>>>
>>> 5. Browse to your knowledge base list library
>>>
>>> 6. Settings -> Document Library Settings
>>>
>>> 7. Click on the "Knowledge Base Article" content type
>>>
>>> 8. Click "Add from existing site or list columns"
>>>
>>> 9. On the "Add Columns to List Content Type: Knowledge Base Article" page, select columns from Custom Columns
>>>
>>> 10. Click the Add button and press the OK button
>>>

>>> Now when you add a new article, you will see the "Click to add a new picture" on the page.

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Problems on Web based interface .
problem 1: I want to combine html help into my win32 program interface, and in my html help, i have some files links waiting for users click and then the my program would evoke an open operation such as open, trasfer, deleting and so on. How to solve this problem ? somebody told me to write ActiveX embeded control and register them to the system . Is there any better way to do that ? visual studio.net were an example for partial web based interface. problem 2: Do i need to pack my html files into my program, and extract them when my program launched ? Thus such web based interface scure ?, I...

Excel Add Ins

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Task attachments
Hi All, I have an email, with a excel attachment. When I drag and drop the email onto the task tab, it creates the task with the email as text however does not attach the excel spreadsheet. Is there anyway that I can have the spreadsheet attach to the task automatically? I'm using Outlook 2003. Many Thanks Adam Use the right mouse button to drag & drop. When releasing you'll get a menu where you can choose to create a task with attachment. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere f...

attachments show inside outlook emails
hi, I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an attached file that can be "saved as" by the recipient. anyone with a problem like this? how do I fix this? thanks MAC MAC wrote: > hi, > > I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he > sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the > contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an > attached file that ...

Add on

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

Synchronization email attachments to offline database
We use the Microsoft CMR3.0 client for outlook and one of my users is experiencing stalled synchronization when going offline. She recently changed her local data setting to accomodate the account information from two new sales users, and when the data tries to synch going offline, it bogs down and does nothing when it gets to the "synchronizing email attachments to offline database" task. I tried to cancel the session, and that stalls out to. The only recourse is to shut down Outlook and bring it back up again. What might be causing that stall on the email attachments? ...

Send email messages as attachment
Is there anything we can do on our Exchange server so that the people using Lotus Notes can open the attached email messages? We notices the email attachment within the message sent out to one of our client has been convert into the message body. What is the default setting for message format in ESM-Global Settings-Internet Message Format? Nue "kevin" <kevin@nospam.com> wrote in message news:evdMF%23pYGHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there anything we can do on our Exchange server so that the people > using Lotus Notes can open the attached email messages? ...

Cannot send email with word attachment
When I send an email I get the following message. I have tried the resolution noted but it does not work. This continually occurs and I don't know why. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'hr...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...

Add target to trend chart
I've created a chart trending our company's daily rank over time. We have a specific rank as a target goal, and I'd like that to appear as a flat line on the chart, so we know how far we have to go. How can I get such a line, without having to populate a new column with the same number? Thanks Two options, 1) Simply draw a line where your target is at using the drawing toolbar. 2) Add an additional series to your chart containing two points. The X value of the points indicates the length of your line. The Y values should be set to your target. "Patience" <...

How to remove *all* attachments?
We have an Exchange 5.5 server which is due to be replaced by an Exchange 2003 server in a couple of months. We have a requirement to remove all attachments from all incoming emails (either to everyone or to a given mailbox). We don't care what the extension is, we don't care about the size, we don't care who it's from, and we don't care whether it's clean or not from a virus point of view (at this stage). Is this possible just using Exchange? We are using Outlook from Office XP to monitor the mailboxes, but an in-house POP3 program on another server grabs a...