How do we connect Crystal Reports through a VPN?

How do we connect Crystal Reports through a VPN and connect to the SSO
connection to the CRM databases?  I see the SSO when I am logged on locally
but not when I am connected via VPN.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.
--
JDM   A+ MCP Certified
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

are you trying to run crystal report designer over vpn?

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do we connect Crystal Reports through a VPN and connect to the SSO
> connection to the CRM databases?  I see the SSO when I am logged on
locally
> but not when I am connected via VPN.  Thanks in advance for your
assistance.
> --
> JDM   A+ MCP Certified

0
John

Report Export to Excel Memo field truncates (512 chars).
Hi, I am very new to MS Access. I have inherited an existing app which was done in MS Access 2003. In this app, there is a report which contains a memo field. There are no formats, functions, unions, or anything. It is populated from a simple select. The problem is....when the user exports the report to excel, it seems to be truncating this memo field after 512 chars. After that, there appears funny chars that look like tiny squares. Excel is 2000. When I do save, I save file using Microsoft Excel 97-2003(xls). I need to get this solved ASAP. Any solution would be appreciated. Thanks ...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

BACS reports and listings and comment box
Please could we have the BACS status report and the comment box back on the Print cheques function? The BACS status report was used by many clients as a verification and printed for signature of confirmation that the BACS file was accurate and approved. As there is no other approval on this process and the text file is not encrypted in any way this provided a useful back-up. The comments box on the Cheque Printing window was used to enter a comment referring to when the payment would clear the payees bank account. There is now no feature for being able to include this text as part of...

Reports only work on server
Hello, We are having an issue with running reports. The reports only work when run directly from the server. I am guessing this is a permissions issue? The error is as follows: Reporting Services Error a.. An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help a.. Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help a.. Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Neil The most likely reason for this would be if Reporting Services was inst...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

CRM & Crystal
I cannot get any reports to run. I get an error that reads "Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses." Any Ideas? I'm having the same prob. Help please. I've checked the great plains site, none of their fixes work. "Scott" <scott@se-tec.net> wrote in message news:00e901c35aa3$144a2b40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot get any reports to run. I get an error that > reads "Please verify that you have enough Crystal > licenses." Any Ideas? ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Group report by day, but only for seven days
I want to produce a report that extends out 7 days from a user-supplied start date. I have designed a query that selects all records that fall between a [start date] parameter and <=DateAdd("d",7,[start date]). Now I want to produce a report that sorts by day but only for this range of dates. Can anyone help me out here? I have searched through the posts and haven't found anything relating to this. Steve Signell <Steve Signell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to produce a report that extends out 7 days from a user-supplied >start date. I h...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Reports and empty lines
How do I manage to not leave an empty line if the field is empty. For example I have : Name Address Apartment City Province Now if the Apartment filed is empty I do not want an empty line. I want the City line at it's place or to move up. How do I do that ? Thank you -- eric Set the Can Shrink property to Yes. -- Build a little, test a little. "ericb" wrote: > How do I manage to not leave an empty line if the field is empty. > > For example I have : > Name > Address > Apartment > City > Province > > Now i...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

SLQ or Report??
I need to create a list of items for the till staff of what items are currently on promotion (part of a discount promotion or part of a multi buy etc) Is there any report which can do this, or a sql query which i could run to extract this info? -- Philip Gass Donaghadee Garden Centre Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Advantage will enable you to easily report on any information that is populated in RMS. Retail Analytics for Microsoft RMS is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering analytical reporting on business performance. Easily identify tre...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...

Maintain network connectivity on shutdown?
Hello, we have added a script to run at Windows shutdown and in testing it seems to at least run, but the problem is part of the script process that needs to access a server on our network fails because it appears that network connectivity has been dropped at this point in the shutdown process. Is there any way to set it so that network connectivity is retained on shutdown? For example, if there is still at least IP connectivity (but the WINS service has been shutdown), then could we run something on a command line to invoke the network resource? Any help would be greatly appreci...

Visual Studio .NET 2003 ' Crystal Report
may someone help me to put a picture inside my Report by code ...

No Internet connections in Network connections!!!
Hi im new to this forum and really need help. Yesterday I decided to set up my computer again (It had been in the garage because I wasn't using it for a while). Anyways, when I first started it up it worked fine and the internet connection worked as well. Later on it began to shut off unexpectedly if i tried to remove a program through task manager that wasn't working, so since it didn't have any important data, I decided to reformat my hardrive and reinstall microsoft xp. When I started up my cpu again, I noticed that there were no connections, even though I had not unp...

Reporting services not working
Hi, I installed a crm 4.0 on a machine with a remote sql 2008 db, reporting services and all. The CRM was configured to use the remote sql reporting services URL, confirmed no typo in deployment manager. I can see the reporting srevices websites if i type the url in a browser from the crm computer. I installed the reporting services connector on the crm server ( no config done for it, but non needed i believe ?). Patched it with rollup update 2. When I try to do a report i get a report error, cannot display report, try again or cancel. Any ideas guys ? Thanks Dan ...

Displaying Reports dynamically
I have 4 different reports that I would like to diplay using projector. Each report has 2-3 pages within the report. Could I have once it is open, it will dynamically flip pages on a timer? I wanted to diplay the report and automatically to change from page 1 to page 2 and etc. How do I do that? Can I do it as macro? How? Please help Thank you majic I'm not aware of a "Timer" event for reports, but that may be available in the latest version of Access. A possible "brute force" method would be to export the reports' pages to Word documents, then incorporat...

Custom Report Grouping
I have created a database in Access 2003 and am trying to group by months but the months set up in the database are based on a tradional month. We use 4,4,5 accounting months. How can I create a group to based on dates I set up? On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:18:09 -0800, CARRIE <CARRIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a database in Access 2003 and am trying to group by months but >the months set up in the database are based on a tradional month. We use >4,4,5 accounting months. How can I create a group to based on dates I set up? I'd suggest se...