How do I create the correct size/type custom icon for custom entit

Can any one tell me what exactly do I need to do to create a custom entity
icon. I know how to upload the file but how do I create the file in the first
place. I have done this using Paint but it always appears as truncated or
clipped around the side or far too small.

Thanks for your help
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can use paint to create icons - but MS recommends that the files cannot
be bigger the 10 Kb and should have transparency for best resuls.

To draw a transparent image in MS Paint, on the Image menu, click Draw
Opaque and make sure the check mark does not appear next to it.

Hope this helps.

Iqueue

"Agile CRM" wrote:

> Can any one tell me what exactly do I need to do to create a custom entity
> icon. I know how to upload the file but how do I create the file in the first
> place. I have done this using Paint but it always appears as truncated or
> clipped around the side or far too small.
>
> Thanks for your help
In the CRM 3.0 SDK, it comes with a UI guide. file name is
microsoftcrm3.0uistyleguide.pdf.

hope this will help.

Darren Liu
Crowe Chizek and Company
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Mar 9, 1:26 pm, iqueue <iqu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> You can use paint to create icons - but MS recommends that the files cannot
> be bigger the 10 Kb and should have transparency for best resuls.
>
> To draw a transparent image in MS Paint, on the Image menu, click Draw
> Opaque and make sure the check mark does not appear next to it.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Iqueue
>

> "Agile CRM" wrote:
>
> > Can any one tell me what exactly do I need to do to create a custom entity
> > icon. I know how to upload the file but how do I create the file in the first
> > place. I have done this using Paint but it always appears as truncated or
> > clipped around the side or far too small.
>
> > Thanks for your help- Hide quoted text -

Darren
3/9/2007 7:59:10 PM
The CRM web icon should be GIF with a dimension of 16x16. The Outlook icon
is an ICON with a dimension of 32x32. My favorite icon editor is Axialis
Icon Workshop (http://www.axialis.com/).  I'm really more a programmer than
an icon designer, but this tool allowed even me to create appealing icons.
And of course you can export them to GIF files.

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

"Agile CRM" <AgileCRM@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Can any one tell me what exactly do I need to do to create a custom entity
> icon. I know how to upload the file but how do I create the file in the
> first
> place. I have done this using Paint but it always appears as truncated or
> clipped around the side or far too small.
>
> Thanks for your help

0
Michael
3/10/2007 7:23:18 AM
Thanks for all your comments. All very helpful and this was important to me
- it's amazing what a little icon can do to make a sale!

"Michael Höhne" wrote:

> The CRM web icon should be GIF with a dimension of 16x16. The Outlook icon
> is an ICON with a dimension of 32x32. My favorite icon editor is Axialis
> Icon Workshop (http://www.axialis.com/).  I'm really more a programmer than
> an icon designer, but this tool allowed even me to create appealing icons.
> And of course you can export them to GIF files.
>
> --
> Michael Höhne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
> Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
> Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

> "Agile CRM" <AgileCRM@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> > Can any one tell me what exactly do I need to do to create a custom entity
> > icon. I know how to upload the file but how do I create the file in the
> > first
> > place. I have done this using Paint but it always appears as truncated or
> > clipped around the side or far too small.
> >
> > Thanks for your help

Agile,

It would be nice if you use an image editor like Photoshop or Gimp (it's
free). You'll have more size control.

Éber Gustavo
Columbus IT Brazil

"Agile CRM" wrote:

> Can any one tell me what exactly do I need to do to create a custom entity
> icon. I know how to upload the file but how do I create the file in the first
> place. I have done this using Paint but it always appears as truncated or
> clipped around the side or far too small.
>
> Thanks for your help
0
berGustavo (13)

calling a public function correctly
I can’t figure out how to run this for the life of me. Trying to run a function that updates the combo boxes for all open forms. Here is what I have with asterisks marked on what I think is the problem line. Have tried many permutations and gotten all sorts of new and exciting errors but none that has worked right yet. Sub AllForms() Dim obj As AccessObject, dbs As Object Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject ' Search for open AccessObject objects in AllForms collection. For Each obj In dbs.AllForms If obj.IsLoaded = True Then *******What goes here to call the r...

I can't type all the symbols
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I wanted to type the letter e with a symbol indicating the long vowel sound. In the Symbols menu I find some vowels with symbols over them (but not the one I want), and other pronunciation symbols with no letter under them. One of them seems to be the long-vowel symbol. How can I type the symbol so that it appears over the letter? In article <59bb7ddc.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <andreajackson123@charter.net@officeformac.com> wrote: >I wanted to >type the letter e with a symbol indicating...

create a roster

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

Is it possible to customize money?
Hi, I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop functionalities for it. Let me explain better: I'm from Brazil, and the default stock quote finder isn't able to get local quotes. So, I was wondering if it's possible to customize it, or build a brand new one (I'm a programer). TIA, Bob See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. <rcrios@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8d4a06fd.0505091627.33a35a7a@posting.google.com... > I'm using Money 2005 and I was wondering if it's possible to develop > functionalities for it. > >...

Task Create - Status

Check to see if a formula is correct
I want to do something like this Sub Macro1() If Range("A1") =(=B1 + B2) Then ' This is a formula Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Select 'Has correct formula Selection.Copy Range("A1").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas End If End Sub How do I do this? Hi Try Sub Macro1() If Range("A1").HasFormula Then Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Copy Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas Application.CutCopyMode = False ...

Customizing CRM look and feel
Is there a way to 'brand' or otherwise give the CRM application the look and feel of our enterprise web site? I see multiple posts about using the CRM sytleguide to give CRM look and feel to custom pages, but I don't see anything about customizing CRM to take on a custom look and feel. It doesn't have to be wholesale changes to the UI, I'm just looking to at least slip in a logo and possibly a footer with a disclaimer/trademark kind of thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. SpencerW I would venture to say in the ISV.config file. You can buttons to the men...

Retrieving current custom sort settings
Is there a way to retrieve the current custom sort settings stored with a worksheet? ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Take a look at the correction update
--ihqexvwvlznjwudix Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xuzikszmnh"; type="multipart/alternative" --xuzikszmnh Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uvrjpsddwlnwfr" --uvrjpsddwlnwfr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the sec...

Can't hide sound icon display during slide show
I've tried checking the box to hide the sound icon in the slide show (under Custom Animations; Effect Options; Sound Settings) and I've also tried moving the sound icon off the slide in the "Normal" view, and neither work to remove the sound icon. (The sound file is set to play automatically when the slide is displayed, and it does play, but the icon is right there in the middle of the slide.) Does anyone have a suggestion on how else I might be able to hide the sound icon? Thank you. Hi Can you confirm that the sound icon appears in slide show view? I...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book