How can i Publish CRM as secured Site

I want all the users of my company to access the crm page on https. we have
exchange page published on the ISA firewall on HTTPs. we are having problems
when we publish on https
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Have you assigned CRM it's own port for SSL? By default port 443 is open for
SSL sites, but if you are using that for exchange, add 442 to CRM in IIS and
then open port 443 in ISA. Inside the firewall you may have a problem though
since the certificate you create for CRM will probably use an external
domain, so you may need a DNS entry to redirect https://crm to your external
https address.

Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Krishna sai" wrote:

> I want all the users of my company to access the crm page on https. we have
> exchange page published on the ISA firewall on HTTPs. we are having problems
> when we publish on https
If you put CRM behind SSL, you'll also need to open port 6401 for Crystal
reports.

Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Krishna sai" wrote:

> I want all the users of my company to access the crm page on https. we have
> exchange page published on the ISA firewall on HTTPs. we are having problems
> when we publish on https

Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2
Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go down. We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a step by step backup solution. Right now we are just backing the CRM databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones? The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data if needed. -- Thank You, Troy Hi Troy Microsoft have included details of backing...

Where is Microsoft Publisher 2002?
Microsoft Publisher 2000 was included in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. I installed Microsoft Office XP Professional, but I can't find Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP). Did Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP) have to be purchased separately? If it is part of the Office XP bundle how do I load it. Not all versions of Office are the same as other versions - just like the different editions vary. You need to read the box to make sure you are getting what you need - or to see what program are included. Pub 2002 had to be purchased separately because it wasn't included with any retail s...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

how to query my web site from VBA and return a value to VBA
Hello All, From VBA I would like send a value to my web site, and have it return a value. I've learned how to use FollowHyperlink to send a value to an ASP script, but how can the ASP script send a value back to VBA?? Thanks, Brian Austin, TX You can use xmlhttp to make a request to your web page: '********************************************************* Sub Tester() MsgBox WebResponse("http://www.mydomain.com/myactualpage.asp? info=3Dblah") End Sub Private Function WebResponse(sURL As String) As String Dim XmlHttpRequest As Object Se...

Publisher 2000 changes default font
Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have discovered fonts used by Groupwise have changed. This implies that P2000 has changed the default font somewhere - any ideas please? How do I change the fonts in GroupWise http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10061270.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be4401c45220$f2b1b4a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have > discover...

can you tell me what an error 920 is?
I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is appreciated You can go to the following link and it explains the issue you are having and how to fix it: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295691 "Julie" wrote: > I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep > getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is > appreciated > > > ...

can you see what i am writting?

http://crm/Reports vs. http://crm/Reportserver
I have several MS CRM reports residing on a SQL Server 2005 that were migrated from 3.0. I can access the reports via the following url: http://crm/Reports then clicking the folder and opening up a report. However, When I try and use http://crm/Reportserver and click on the reports I see the same folder and reports but I get an error message (below) and cannot open any reports? I believe this to be a SRS issue. In the following the GUID appears to be the link and the reports are in a 4.0 folder. Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:38 AM 23166 {5a8355f1-e300- dd11-a47f-001aa03779ca} ...

How can I choose alternate rows in a column?
My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can choose alternate elements and create 2 new columns then I can just subtract the 2 columns easily. Huh? "pnair" <pnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D47AD012-084B-49C6-8672-5067E8455D9E@microsoft.com... > My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of > difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can > choose alternate elements and create 2 new colum...

CRM 4.0 Outlook RPC pver http
hi, A customer already has SBS with CRM server running. Some employees have Outlook configured using RPC over http. These users can use CRM using the web client and need access thru outlook. Is RPC over http supported in CRM 4.0 ? What are the issues involved in getting Outlook to work with CRM 4.0 ? I am yet to review the implementation guide for this situation, any other blog or guide I need to refer ? Thanks in advance. On Aug 14, 1:53=A0am, ShawnK <Sha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, > > A customer already has SBS with CRM server running. Some employees...

email set up in publisher

Article published by Microsoft reg. 'Event' custom entity
Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen it and can provide a hyperlink? I will really appreciate it. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.aspx you'll probably find it in the above link "mkatsev" wrote: > Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a > sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I > bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen...

how do i recover data in publisher
i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked the "ok" button in the window and lost all data . can i recover it Look in a folder in My Documents named "My Data Sources". Publisher data is saved as .mdb(Access) file. Did you try selecting "Edit Address List" in the Mailings and Catalog menu (Tools)? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:690430F1-36DE-47EE-8B7D-DD12A096C075@microsoft.com... >i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked ...

Can't Stop External Hard Drive
I have a Western Digital 250 gb external hard drive connected via USB port. I am also running Outlook 2007, which I believe has a function searchindexer.exe that searches all my drives to index the files on them. I want to be able to unplug the drive without first turning off my computer. But I get messages saying that the drive can't be stopped. It used to be that if I stopped searchindexer.exe, I could stop the drive. But that's stopped working. Here are two questions: 1. What is preventing me from stopping the drive?; 2. What is the worst that can happe...

Macro Security, Password Recovery & VB Code execution
I have found that if I set my macro security to high, VB code within (non-trusted) excel sheets do not execute... a microsoft security feature that ostensibly prevents non- trusted users from running VB The questions I have are : Is there a way to guarantee VB macro-execution using digital certificates or what-have-you ? Is there a way to detect, either within excel (well, not possible, it seems) or from outside, that the combo of users macro-security settings and signature status of a perticular excel file, WILL prevent VB from executing, if the file is attempted to opened ? ...

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...