History View

The new customization power of 3.0 is awesome!

It seems like we can modify almost everything!  So much so -- it seems like
I must be missing how to modify the fields that show in the History and
Activities views.  Is this possible?

0
Cindy
3/18/2006 3:01:25 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_6559EC9D

Hi Cindy~

To change the fields that are shown in any activity main form view you will
need to modify each activity entity indivudally. To do this follow the
below instructions.

Note: In this example we are modifying the E-mail activity form view.
1. Open CRM in the IE Web client.
2. Click the Settings Module.
3. Click Customizations.
4. Click Customize Entities.
5. Click the e-mail entity to highlight it, click More Actions button and
then click Edit.
6. Click Forms and Views.
7. Click All E-mails to highlight it, click More Actions button and then
click Edit.
8. Now click Add Columns and check the boxes for the columns you wish to
add. Then click OK.
9. Click the Save and Close button.
10. Back at the E-mail entity window click the Actions menu and then click
Publish.
11. Click Save and Close to close the E-mail entity window.

You will now be able to see the added column/field in the main form of the
e-mail activity.

Please perform the above steps for the remaining activites.

Let me know of any questions.

Regards,

Shawn Nulph | Microsoft Dynamics | Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
�
We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback om your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
You assume all risk for your use. � 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
------=_NextPart_0001_6559EC9D

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Cindy~
\par
\par To change the fields that are shown in any activity main form view you will need to modify each activity entity indivudally. To do this follow the below instructions.
\par
\par Note: In this example we are modifying the E-mail activity form view.
\par 1. Open CRM in the IE Web client.
\par 2. Click the Settings Module.
\par 3. Click Customizations.
\par 4. Click Customize Entities.
\par 5. Click the e-mail entity to highlight it, click More Actions button and then click Edit.
\par 6. Click Forms and Views.
\par 7. Click All E-mails to highlight it, click More Actions button and then click Edit.
\par 8. Now click Add Columns and check the boxes for the columns you wish to add. Then click OK.
\par 9. Click the Save and Close button.
\par 10. Back at the E-mail entity window click the Actions menu and then click Publish.
\par 11. Click Save and Close to close the E-mail entity window.
\par
\par You will now be able to see the added column/field in the main form of the e-mail activity.
\par
\par Please perform the above steps for the remaining activites.
\par
\par Let me know of any questions.
\par
\par Regards,
\par
\par Shawn Nulph | Microsoft Dynamics | Microsoft Dynamics CRM
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par \~
\par We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback om your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. \'a9 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_6559EC9D--

0
snulph
3/22/2006 8:44:29 PM
Hi Shawn!

I just want to clarify -- I'm not talking about the form -- I understand
each activity type has it's own form.

I'm referring to what appears when you open a contact record and click on
the History tab in the left margin, and all activity types display in the
same (single) view.

If each activity is configured to display differently, which activity are
the column headers pulled from?

Cindy

0
Cindy
3/22/2006 11:37:05 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_6E518911

Hi Tami~

Sorry for the confusion. I think I misunderstood what you were wanting to
do. Howver, I do have instructions for modifying the History view for
closed activities. I have included them below. They are pretty similar to
the last ones except you modify the activity entity.

1. Open CRM in the IE Web client.
2. Click the Settings Module.
3. Click Customizations.
4. Click Customize Entities.
5. Click the Activity entity to highlight it, click More Actions button and
then click Edit.
6. Click Forms and Views.
7. Click "Closed Activity Associated View" to highlight it, click More
Actions button and then click Edit.
8. Now click Add Columns and check the boxes for the columns you wish to
add. Then click OK.
9. Click the Save and Close button.
10. Back at the Activity entity window click the Actions menu and then
click Publish.
11. Click Save and Close to close the Activity entity window.

Regards,

Shawn Nulph | Microsoft Dynamics | Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
�
We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback om your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
You assume all risk for your use. � 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
------=_NextPart_0001_6E518911

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Tami~
\par
\par Sorry for the confusion. I think I misunderstood what you were wanting to do. Howver, I do have instructions for modifying the History view for closed activities. I have included them below. They are pretty similar to the last ones except you modify the activity entity.
\par
\par 1. Open CRM in the IE Web client.
\par 2. Click the Settings Module.
\par 3. Click Customizations.
\par 4. Click Customize Entities.
\par 5. Click the Activity entity to highlight it, click More Actions button and then click Edit.
\par 6. Click Forms and Views.
\par 7. Click "Closed Activity Associated View" to highlight it, click More Actions button and then click Edit.
\par 8. Now click Add Columns and check the boxes for the columns you wish to add. Then click OK.
\par 9. Click the Save and Close button.
\par 10. Back at the Activity entity window click the Actions menu and then click Publish.
\par 11. Click Save and Close to close the Activity entity window.
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_6E518911--

0
snulph
3/24/2006 2:31:59 PM
Hi Shawn

But what if the columns I want to add are not on the list?

"Shawn Nulph" wrote:

> Hi Tami~
>
> Sorry for the confusion. I think I misunderstood what you were wanting to
> do. Howver, I do have instructions for modifying the History view for
> closed activities. I have included them below. They are pretty similar to
> the last ones except you modify the activity entity.
>
> 1. Open CRM in the IE Web client.
> 2. Click the Settings Module.
> 3. Click Customizations.
> 4. Click Customize Entities.
> 5. Click the Activity entity to highlight it, click More Actions button and
> then click Edit.
> 6. Click Forms and Views.
> 7. Click "Closed Activity Associated View" to highlight it, click More
> Actions button and then click Edit.
> 8. Now click Add Columns and check the boxes for the columns you wish to
> add. Then click OK.
> 9. Click the Save and Close button.
> 10. Back at the Activity entity window click the Actions menu and then
> click Publish.
> 11. Click Save and Close to close the Activity entity window.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shawn Nulph | Microsoft Dynamics | Microsoft Dynamics CRM
>
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
> break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>
> We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
> posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback om your newsreader:
> microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
>
> We look forward to hearing from you!
> that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.
------=_NextPart_0001_B1656B73

Hi~

Which columns are missing that you wish to add? Are these custom attributes
or vanilia CRM attributes that are not being displayed as a column to add?

Regards,

Shawn Nulph | Microsoft Dynamics | Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
�
We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback om your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
You assume all risk for your use. � 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
------=_NextPart_0001_B1656B73

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi~
\par
\par Which columns are missing that you wish to add? Are these custom attributes or vanilia CRM attributes that are not being displayed as a column to add?
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_B1656B73--

0
snulph
4/6/2006 3:08:06 PM
Shawn,

I would like to add a column to indicate which contact the activity relates
to - is this possible?

JM

"Shawn Nulph" wrote:

> Hi~
>
> Which columns are missing that you wish to add? Are these custom attributes
> or vanilia CRM attributes that are not being displayed as a column to add?
>
> Regards,
>
> Shawn Nulph | Microsoft Dynamics | Microsoft Dynamics CRM
>
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
> break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>
> We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
> posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback om your newsreader:
> microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
>
> We look forward to hearing from you!
> that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.
Hi Shawn

I would like to add from and to for email activities

"Shawn Nulph" wrote:

> Hi~
>
> Which columns are missing that you wish to add? Are these custom attributes
> or vanilia CRM attributes that are not being displayed as a column to add?
>
> Regards,
>
> Shawn Nulph | Microsoft Dynamics | Microsoft Dynamics CRM
>
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
> break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>
> We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by
> posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback om your newsreader:
> microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
>
> We look forward to hearing from you!
> that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.

Item History is missing.
Hello, I hope you can help me. When we open the Item History window it shows the Current Year quantity and cost but it does not show Last years quantity and cost. In the lower window it does show all past years quantity and prices. Is there a way to fix it so it will show LAST YEARS quantity and sales? Thank You Kenny Did you close Inventory at the end of last year? That process is supposed to move data into those fields. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://w...

Outlook Inbox problem viewing subfolders
We have exchange server 5.5 and Outlook 2000 SR-1. I have an end user here that has a new secretary and her boss wanted to me to set it up so she can access to his inbox and all the subfolders that were created in the inbox. I have given her permission as a publishing editor on the Inbox and she been given custom delegate permissions which are publishing editor as well. The problem is when she goes to access the Inbox she is only able to view not even half of the 50 subfolders in the inbox. Does anyone have any suggestions, or know what the problem might be? Thanks in advance. ...

unwanted subdatasheet in form datasheet view
First, a bit of background: I'm working with a distributed db in Access2003 on WinXP. I've created a table (tblItems) with a one-to-many relationship with another table (tblReceipts). The main table, tblItems, is displayed in a form, frmItems. Normally I open this in form view, occasionally in datasheet view. Because the db is distributed, I've made certain the subdatasheet for all tables is set to [None], and when I open frmItems in datasheet view, no subdatasheet is indicated by the plus sign at the left of the records. Now the problem: I've created a second table, tbl...

Clearing History
When I select Internet Options and Clear History, the history i s cleared from the History Tab of the favorites section; however, it is not fully cleared from the drop-down menu on the address toolbar. The drop-down menu shows the History and the Favorites. Alongside the history sites I selected the red X delete button and the site disappears; however, when I select the drop-down menu again, the deleted site is still there. How do I get the Histroy to delete from the drop-down menu. Windows version? IE version? Geme wrote: > When I select Internet Options and Clear His...

Sorting a view by letter
In the view, that displays a list of orders, I click one of the letters in the bottom. I want to show only orders, where the CUSTOMER NAME begins with that specific letter. However, my result is orders, where the SUBJECT/DESCRIPTION begins with that letter. It should be possible to select, which field ORDERS are sorted by, when clicking a letter in the bottom. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see th...

Closed Purchase Orders should be automatically moved to history.
Closed Purchase Orders should be automatically moved to history. From case 8479058: Customer feels that once a PO is closed, it should automatically move to Historical Purchase Orders and out of Open Purchase Orders. They feel having to run the Routine should be unnecessary: From customer: "In my humble opinion, this feature is not functioning properly, and should be brought to Microsoft’s attention. The closed PO’s show an origin of “Open PO”. Users should not be expected to understand Microsoft’s database philosophy of open vs. history. It should be seamless." ----------...

Outlook Email History in the History Folder
Hi, I think I have found the answer to this question, but just want to confirm. We have a situation where users histories from their outlook mail (sorry don't have the version number yet) are appearing in the IE History with the title of the message and some times this can be sensitive or confidential. Also not sure if they are using Exchange server or some sort of POP email setup. The question is can this history function be disbaled, or the history be deleted automatically when a user logs on, closes etc outlook ? One answer appears to be to change the IE history setting to 0 days, ...

Associated views
Hello, I am currently trying to customize the microsoft CRM 3.0. When I open an account I would like to have an associated view that will enable me to see directly all the product that appears in the entity InvoiceProduct of this account. In other words when i am looking an account I would like to have a button that will enbla me to see directly all the product they have ordered (even if there is duplicate). Is it possible? Thanks, Adrien ...

History and Activity Reports
Good Evening, I am working on an activity report and a history report and I have run into a quandary with regards to SQL Reporting and Microsoft CRM 3.0. Since history and activity items are now stored separately in the following views... FilteredAppointment FilteredCampaignActivity FilteredEmail FilteredFax FilteredLetter FilteredPhoneCall FilteredServiceAppointment FilteredTask ....it is quite a challenge to write a basic activity report that lists in chronological order, all the activities pending and/or history items for a contact or an account. Does anyone know an easy way to gr...

View as HTML
Emails received by Outlook 2003 are defaulting to text view, even though all the configuration options I can find are set to HTML. Security issues aside, how do I set outlook to display emails in the format they were sent in? Do you have Outlook set to read all mail as plain text? Tools->Options->Email Options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Silbury Hill <no-one@home.com> asked: | Emails received by Outlook 2003 are defaulting to text view, even | though...

On an Excel Worksheet I want to view column headings as I scroll .
I am setting up a worksheet in Excel. I have column headings that I want to be able to view as I scroll down the page(s). How do I do this? Sharon activate a cell in column A in the row below the heading rows and select Window | Freeze panes If you select a cell in a column other than column A you can freeze the row "headings" too so when you scroll to the right it leaves the left most columns in view. Regards Trevor "sharon" <sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2133CE11-4D74-4696-8F94-E6D57EE755AD@microsoft.com... >I am setting up a ...

Viewing Messages With Formatting
[I have Outlook 2007 running on Windows XP SP 3.] Outlook displays all my messages in 'text only' format, i.e., just the = text and no formatting. Although I do not recall choosing this as an = option, that's the way I prefer to read my mail, anyway. Two questions about this: 1- Is it possible to select an individual message and have it display = all the formatting, including all the graphic elements? 2- The text-only version of my messages includes URLs for any graphic = elements (e.g., images) that would otherwise be downloaded. Can I stop = these URLs from displaying? It can...

outlook history
how do i delete the url history in outlook. In IE. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer janice reick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | how do i delete the url history in outlook. ...

Include a number of record in all views and search results
It is a huge gap in the CRM functionality when a user cannot see a total number of records he/she is dealing with, whether it is while looking at a view or performing a search (how many contacts do I have in the state of New York). Can someone explain why CRM does not have this very common function? My users say: "Our old Access database had it!" What do I answer them? CRM is so advanced that it does not need this functionality? Export your results to Excel every time you need to know your numbers?" CRM believer, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft,...

Add a CEditView into view (runtime error)
Hi I just tried to add view new views into another view if possible. OnInitialUpdate: CRect clientRect; GetClientRect(&clientRect); clientRect.SetRect(clientRect.right -110, clientRect.top+10, clientRect.right-10, clientRect.top +110); m_View.Create(NULL, L"View", WS_CHILDWINDOW | WS_VISIBLE, clientRect,this,61245); m_View.ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) It shows a Edit View which is embedded to view but when i close it gives run-time error. Why is that runtime error occur? Thanks.. Since a view-within-a-view is not a supported concept, why are you trying to do this? You a...

Customer Properties:Purchase History should be Purchase/Order Hist
It would be nice if a customers open orders (work/back/layaway) were readily available for review from the Customer Properties form. The simplest method, to me, would be to rename the Purchase History tab Purchase/Order History and to include open orders (or even have a switch to show all orders - open/partial/closed) in the list. Just an idea... Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote...

No History Items!
I have a RMS 2.0 HQ environment with 4 stores & I need to delete items in my database that have no sales history. Does anyone know the SQL script to do this? ...

Activity History
I am looking for a way to customize CRM to show the "History" of activities in a more effective and usable way. Currently if you click on "History" within an Account, it is nearly impossible to find what you are looking for if there is a significant amount of email activity. Having a "From" column would be great, at least that way it would be a little easier to find things. (However it is not possible to add that column, because Activity History includes "All Activities" not just email) I've tried adding the "Modified by" column b...

Price History Chart
The data is here in Price History, why can't Money chart it for me? Am I missing something? for Money 2004? The default chart only shows a fixed time. If you right click and add the chart to your favorites, you should be able to customize the date range. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially i...

Advanced views.."By Conversation". Is it possible to have a view where I see only the first Item of a conversation?
Hi, I receive emails from a distribution list. I have set a "Search Folder"(outlook 2003) for these emails that allow me to view items arranged by Conversation. I need to create a view that will allow me to see Only the first items in a conversation.By viewing that conversation I should be able to decide whether or not I need to expand that group and read later emails in that thread. If I decide not to follow up on that conversation, I should be able to delete it and not have items from that conversation visible. This sounds challenging but I'm sure that the Outlook experts ...

File -> Open view
Many of us have had issues with Vista remember Explorer folder View settings. There are a number of suggestions out on the web to fix that issue. The fixes don't seem to address a nagging issue: When you choose File -> Open, the view has the same random change problems that the Explorer has. I'd used the old windows trick of setting the settings the way I wanted them, them holding the Shift key while clicking the "X" to close the window. That worked, but only some of the time. I started watching a little closer... the above Shift-click does work reliably, b...

CRM Prompts for Login When Viewing Cases
When I use the CRM, all the features are working fine except when I go to my Service section and try to open a case. Even though I am already logged in, when I open a case for the first time in the morning, or after I idle out for a bit, it asks me to enter my user name and password again. Does anyone know what may be causing this, or a simple way to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! Has anyone else experienced this issue with the login prompt appearing when they navigate to certain sections of the CRM? I've tried disabling a few of my customizations to that form, b...

Viewing Leads
When leads are entered into the system and assigned an owner they are not visible toeverypne using the system. I am wondering if there is a way that I as sales manager can put in a lead that everyone including my sales staff and CEO can see and then call on. The lead is only visible to me and if I assign it to someone else, it is only visible to them. Is there a way to set it up so that everyone can view all leads no matter who they are assigned to? -- Christopher Deeds Director of Sales and Marketing ITechWest The security roles of the users would need to be set to 'Organizational&...

How to set view titles in this scenario.
Hi My application always creates two view on file new, file open . Its a MDI application. I have refered following link. http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/doc_view/viewmanagement/article.php/c3275/ Problem is , when I execute the application, and new document is automatically created. But the both view titles remain same. I want them to be xxx1:1 and xxx1:2 but both of them display xxx1 only. This is not the case when I manually click file->new. How to set the proper view titles here. thanks leee. The link you mentioned does not work. If you are setting titile of MDI child frame, you can...

Excel-cannot view info placed in cells
I built a spreadsheet, filled in the cells and saved the document. Now in trying to reopen it to add more info, I find that the spreadsheet does not show up at all when opened. Just gone. Thanks for any help. I have never had this issue before. Liz Liz: Do you mean you just have the "gray" area? If so, try opening and hit Window-->Arrange, and just hit OK. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "crayon" <crayon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A98FD557-6417-407A-B5A5-B47F4141C7A7@microsoft.com... >I built a spreadshe...