HIPAA Standards

Hello,

Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic
transactions ?

Take care,
Dave

0
Dave
6/12/2007 3:33:14 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
MS CRM dont provide HIPAA built in functionality. Biztalk may provide it and
MS CRM can be integrated with Biztalk.
--
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
feedback.

uMar Khan
Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com

"Dave Banerjee" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic
> transactions ?
>
> Take care,
> Dave

No, CRM does not provide anything around HIPAA out of the box. HIPAA is a
set of standards that is highly complex therefore you need to work with a
HIPAA consultant who can help you ensure your processes inside of CRM meet
the relevant standards. I have not seen anything or anyone producing docs or
HOWTO's around the use of CRM and HIPAA

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
Web - http://www.crowecrm.com
Blog - http://www.crowecrm.com/crowe/microsoft/crmblog.cfm

"Dave Banerjee" <IfThenElseEndIf@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic
> transactions ?
>
> Take care,
> Dave

0
John

Converting from 2002 standard
Hi, I've problem when i try to convert my money file from the 2002 standard version, it keep on saying cannot open it due difference version. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA In microsoft.public.money, Sebastian wrote: > > >I've problem when i try to convert my money file from the >2002 standard version, it keep on saying cannot open it >due difference version. Money cannot open a version localized for another country. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;197668 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;178830 Get a later ve...

Migrating off of SBS 2000 to Windows 2008 standard /Exchange 2010
We have outgrown the SBS environment and are moving to an environment with Windows 2008 std server running exchange 2010. What is the best/easiest way to get 2000SBS out of the way? As I understand it, I would bring in the 2008 server and configure as a member DC then seize the FSMO roles and then shut down the SBS 2000 server. Is that about it (excluding what I will have to do to migrate my exchange data - which I am assuming I will have to do BEFORE I seize the FSMO roles... What other gotcha'ya's might I expect?? Thanks, Brad ...

Moving from Standard/Eval. to Standard edition
Can anybody provide some assistance? I have the official media now; is it just a matter of installing a componet, do I adjust the license logging service? Looking for guidance. Thanks in advance. Is this right? run SETUP /ALL to allow for the reinstall of all components, and that's it? >-----Original Message----- >Can anybody provide some assistance? I have the official >media now; is it just a matter of installing a componet, >do I adjust the license logging service? > >Looking for guidance. Thanks in advance. >. > I'll answer my own question t...

standard deviation
I am making a simple bar graph with two data sets that I want to compare. I want to have the error bars represent the SD rather than % or something else. All I can get it to do is put the same bars on both data sets, which is not correct. I have calculate the SD and know that it is not the same for both sets. Any help would be appreciated. Clem In both XL 2003 and XL 2007 it is possible to use a column of data fro your error bars (actually two columns: one for positive, another for negative) Have a look again in the dialog. If needed come back but tell us what version of E...

standards in visio
hi is there any standard for designing network in visio? thanks visio doesn't design networks it assists people in documenting them. no, there are no standards. al "kyan" <gheysar_k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eHRQFIZPFHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi > is there any standard for designing network in visio? > thanks > ...

Manufacturing Standard Cost
Hello, We are running GP 8.0 SP 2 with Manufacturing. We have a standard cost revalution journal entry is there a way to find which standard cost changes make up this journal entry? Thanks for any help you can provide. -- Thanks, Brian ...

HIPAA Standards
Hello, Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic transactions ? Take care, Dave Hi, MS CRM dont provide HIPAA built in functionality. Biztalk may provide it and MS CRM can be integrated with Biztalk. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Dave Banerjee" wrote: > Hello, > > Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM support HIPAA Standards for electronic > transactions ? > > Take care, > Dave > No, CRM does not provide any...

Creating typed dataset from an industry standard schema
Has anyone run into problems creating typed datasets from complex schemas? I am attempting to create a Typed Dataset in Visual Studio .Net from a .xsd schema file for a industry standard web service. I have run the schema through XML Spy and validated it with no errors, but when attempting to generate a dataset, I keeping getting a 'undefined data type' error. The schema is quite large so I don't know if that is causing the problem or if it is just something odd about .Net's parser. Here is the section of the schema causing the problem. There are only two spots where the...

MS CRM 3.0 and HIPAA
any idea on MSCRM to be HIPAA compliant? MS CRM is not by itself HIPAA compliant. The policies and procedures you put in place during a client install will make it compliant. You wull need either HIPAA skills or a partner who can work with you to ensure compliance. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:uMSx6GubHHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > any idea on MSCRM to be HIPAA compliant? > C360 has a CRM add-on product called: Audit. It can be...

newbie needs clarification about Standard C++ libray
Hi, In standard C++ library, there are string and iostream classes. They are by no means related to MFC CString, and iostream classes. Right? Or are MFC's CString and iostream classses Microsoft's way to implement standard C++ library? TIA Danny Ni wrote: > Hi, > > In standard C++ library, there are string and iostream classes. They are by > no means related to MFC CString, and iostream classes. Right? Or are MFC's > CString and iostream classses Microsoft's way to implement standard C++ > library? Well, they are both C++ - that's a "rela...

Standard andFormatiing toolbar
What would prevent me from deselecting the option to show the standard and formatting toolbars on one line. I right click a toolbar/customize/options and try to deselect the option, but it won't let me. TIA Greg ...

server 2003 standard
help please. i bought window server 2003 standard from a reputable company online, the package came in with 3cds, the first two are window server 2 cds and the 3rd says oem. how can i install this. i put the first cd for wind server 2003 wchis disk 1 but my computer did not read it. If the company is reputable then you should be able to contact them and they'll help you resolve the media issue. -Cliff "stap" <stap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:613754C3-F86E-4ED4-900D-89DD338567DE@microsoft.com... > help please. i bought window ...

Standards
I have been using the "lightening bolt" in my diagrams to show communications links. I have been using it for both plain analog connections (POTS lines, between premise and Central Office) as well as digital connections (connections from POPs to "clouds"). I have been told that this is not the correct use for the lightening bolt. Is there a standards document of what is to be used where how and when? And did the person(s) who told you it was not the "standard" happen to reference where they found this out? al "Delta" <Delta@discussions.micr...

non-standard window
Could anybody point me in the direction on how to create a window that is not the traditional square? thanks, patrick You can use regions to do this. Take a look at SetWindowRgn. Here are some useful links: http://www.codeguru.com/misc/changing_window_shape.shtml http://www.codeguru.com/buttonctrl/btn_circular_button.shtml http://www.codeguru.com/dialog/RoundDialog.shtml http://www.codeguru.com/dialog/ShapedWindow.html -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "rigamonk" <rigamonk at hotmail dot com> wrote in message news:3f90825a$0$40210$39cecf19@news.twtelecom.n...

Bug: IE8 Standards Mode Float Mode
Testcases: http://www.wyavtv.org/iebug/iebugtestcase.html a div with an applied filter becomes misplaced if a element directly above it has a positon: relative and float:left and has a height taller than the normal line-height and reaches down and touches the box. (see the 1st, 3rd and 5th testcase) In a normal div without a filter css style rule, the text is moved away only. The following bug can be fixed by shifting the element above it up by a few pixels or changing doctype to transitional (because transitional doctype means there is no baseline under images, therefore th...

Deluxe to Standard
Hey. I was using MS Money 2004 Deluxe (may have been 2005). I upgraded to MS Money 2006, I was unable to find a deluxe version in New Zealand so purchased standard. However I am unable to open the old files and upgrade. Is there anyway I can convert the deluxe file to a standard file. I have no real need for Deluxe so am happy to use standard if possible. If I cannot convert these files does anyone know where I can purchase an International version of 2006 deluxe? Thanks for your help. Regards Daniel Goymer. Export > Import comes to mind. I have never done this so you need som...

Convert from Money 2000 Standard to Money Deluxe 2007
I am trying to updgrade from Money 2000. I have exported my accounts as Loose.QIF files. However, my mortgage and other loan accounts were not exportable, as I was not able to select them in the drop down menu that converts accounts in the 2000 edition. Is there a solution for this? Alternatively, is there a way to import the entire 2000 edition backup file into 2007? I did not see that as an option and this would obviously solve the first issue. Finally, 2007 Deluxe is not allowing me to import investment accounts (I am using the trial version at present). Do I have to use the fu...

Disabling Standard Icons
I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the user to use another save button that I have set up on the spreadsheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone else set up but I cannot find where they set it up. It needs to be done in such a way that when I send the document (spreadsheet) to other Pc's it will still be setup. Any help would be most apprciated. Look in the macros on the example workbook. Learning wrote: > I am running Offic...

MS ACCESS security and HIPAA compliance
I have just begun work for a health care entity which uses MS Access for all their client data. The User interfaces are all standard Access Forms and Pages deployed over the Lan using Share Permissions. I will soon begin the task of consolidating and securing these various databases and the solution must be compliant with HIPAA regulations for securing Private Health Information. Can anyone please offer any basic suggestions that I can pursue to properly secure my Access databases in this environment? Also, can Access security be integrated with Active Directory like MSSQL? Thank ...

Import other than standard pst file into Outlook Express
Hello, I am trying to import Outlook mails into Outlook Express. So far I was able to import the standard pst file, but I have an additonal archive pst file which is not imported. After choosing the import command in Outlook Express I am aksed to choose the account from which I want to import. After that I can choose the folders that I want to import, but only the folders from the standard pst file are shown. There is no option to get to the archive.pst file. Will I have to exchange the names of the pst files, or are there any other ways to import the archive file. Best regards, Christian ...

Layaway and standard sale
Is it possible to do a layaway and a regular sale on the same ticket? ...

Standard Colors
I would like to set up custom colors for cell fills. I have a custom theme set up, but the theme colors and standard colors are my only options for cell fills. Is it possible to change the "Standard colors" palette? I have a total of 18 corporate colors that I need to have easily accessible. Thanks. Yes, that is simple enough. Goto Tools>Options...>Color>Modify, you get a colour editor there. -- HTH Bob "Diane S." <DianeS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C93E24BF-3F66-484E-9368-D0C33E72B3F6@microsoft.com... >I ...

Need to monitor all smtp email for hipaa info
I work for a health insurance org, in 5.5 I could send all SMTP traffic to a log and then scan for social security numbers, etc. This process is to verify that no one is sending out HIPAA info. Now we’re on 2K the logs only show the address, not the text of the emails. Any help would be appreciated. Oy. You might want to consider journaling or a 3rd party solution. On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:47:06 -0700, Don <djb142@hotmail.com> wrote: >I work for a health insurance org, in 5.5 I could send all SMTP traffic to a >log and then scan for social security numbers, etc. This p...

Upgrading from 5.5 standard to Ent
I'm going to be upgrading from 5.5 standard to 5.5 Ent to remove the 16GB DB limit. So, it seems like all I have to do is take the 5.5 Ent CD and run the setup program to 'upgrade' my current setup - do I have to re-install sp4 afterwards? Thanks Tito The answer is yes. There are hundreds of files that are over written in the upgrade process. You need to reinstall the service packs and any security patches for Exchange. "Tito" <tito@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23ojfnkPuDHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm going to be upgrading from 5.5 sta...

MS Standard Categories
Using Money Dlx 2004. Is there any advantage or benefit of using MS Standard Categories? For example, there is category "Water & Sewer" which is standard. I prefer to have "Sewer" and "Water" as seperate groups, however, am I overlooking something by not using the standard group? I use budgeting but not the debt reduction planner, if that makes any difference. Bob Make categories that work for you. Be sure and get the tax line information correct where it's relevant. "Bob Becnel" <gotigers@ganymede.jtan.com> wrote in message new...