Highly configurable (or additional) data types should be available

Because CRM solutions need to be extremely flexible to meet the needs of each
unique deployment, I think that the CRM team should consider adding more
configuration options for existing data types, or add more data types. For
example, I would like to be able to configure an Integer field that uses
thousands separators, and one that does not. This type of scenario can arise
when different business units within one deployment have different needs for
their types of data that are associated with common entities.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=106ad726-11f7-4ca6-9a95-b0cfea93d85c&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Data Access Page + Text Box + Command Button + Pivot Table
Hello, I'm trying to create a DAP tool that is a simple concept. 1. A user enters a value in the text box 2. User clicks command button 3. Command Button takes TextBox.Value and applies the value as a filter for column 1 in the pivot table. Can someone please help me with code? I have no experience with VBScript, but not too shabby with DAO, ADO, VB & VBA. Thanks players! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Meetings not showing up tentative, but configured to do this.
I have an executive that has their calendar configured within Outlook 2003 Calendar options. The account is clearly configured to receive appointments automatically as "Tentative". Anybody have a input on how I can fix this without dumping the profile? Thanks much in advance. ...

urgent (high importance) messages
Is there a way to remote the high importance flag from messages? We have a multitude of users that send all their mail high importance even though the subject is not. Thanks ...

Automatic data conversion in Excel
When I enter or import data into Excel, 30/150 becomes 30/150, but 2/24 becomes Feb 01, 2024. How to prevent excel from interpereting the data wrong way? -- :-) enter '2/24 -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Dejan" <Dejan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9420C28-9CC7-44EE-97E5-3287E1895488@microsoft.com... > When I enter or import data into Excel, 30/150 becomes 30/150, but 2/24 > becomes Feb 01, 2024. How to prevent excel from interpereting the data wrong > way? > -- > :-) Thank you Tom, it works for key entry. Is it possible to prevent E...

Additional Domain in Exchange 5.5
this might sound like a very simple question but is there a way of setting up two seperate domains on one Exchange 5.5 box.for example companyA.com also looks after another company called companyB.co.uk. companyA needs to add the companyB domain to its exsisting exchange 5.5 server.can this be done if so how do you do it. any help would be great. cheers ! http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_sec3.htm George D wrote: > this might sound like a very simple question but is there > a way of setting up two seperate domains on one Exchange > 5.5 box.for example companyA.com also ...

Combine data from 2 queries
I have 2 tables of data that have sku #, size and color. Table 1 is a reference with all items. Table 2 has on hand data. I am looking to create a query to pull into table 2 additional information from table 1. I have attempted to create a query for each table and add in a concatenation of sku, size and color so that I can join the tables and extract information to create a table and/or report. When I attempt to create 1 query from both of these queries I'm getting error messages...help - is there an easier way to build this (I will need to refresh my tables on a reg...

Data Validation with a list that varies in size #2
I have created a template spreadsheet for a non-technical user On one tab, I have a comparison between Golfer A and Golfer B. On the front tab, there is a list of all the golfers for a particular weekend. I left 24 slots open. However, there is no requirement that all 24 are used. How do I eliminate blank rows from my dropdown list if that dropdown is filled with a Named Range and that range is defined as a column of 24 (potential) name cells. For example, if I have a Range of 24 cells A2:A25 (A1 = "Name") defined as GolferList, but only A2:A11 are filled, I want my dropdown list ...

Querying against two data sources/connection strings
I have a text file I'd like to access as if it were a database. It has prices for various commodities. The name of the file changes every day. I also have a SQL Server, which has a list of the commodities we're interested in. I would like to access the text file via a connection string, and then join it on the data in our SQL server. Is there a way to do this? It appears queries can have only one connection? Maury keep all your data in SQL Server and then it's easy to join between SQL data and SQL data "Maury Markowitz" <MauryMarkowitz@discussions.microsoft.c...

Improving anti-spam configuration
Hi all. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of creating a "rule" to block a particular type of spam? Most of the spam that gets through to my mail server these days is generally "from" and "to" an internal email address, i.e.: From: me@mydomain.com To: me@mydomain.com Is there a feasible way of blocking such email without significantly increasing chances of false positives? Any pointers appreciated... Regards, Paul On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 21:22:50 -0000, "Paul Kelly" <nospam@example.com> wrote: >Could anyone tel...

Change default marker type
I have to make a large number of scatter graphs with the markers as filled, round, black circles. I there a way to change the default marker type to a build-in circle, black, size 4, no border. Thanks for any suggestions, Niels You can create a user-defined chart as a template that contains all of your custom settings. To do so, first create the chart that you want. In Excel 2003, go to Chart -> Chart Type -> Custom Types -> User-Defined -> Add Select a name for your chart. Your custom chart will now be saved for future use. -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net ...

Data Validation
I am having problems with 7 Nested IF functions in data validation. What is the best way around formulas using more than 7 IF functions? How do you write an IF function in VBA where there are more than seven statements? Thanks Can you provide a more detailed explanation of what you're trying to do? There are many ways to get around a bunch of nested if statements. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "CC" <coralie@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:9C695B13-7E9C-46E1-915B-F6E880D9AB0E@microsoft.com... >I am having problems with 7 Nested IF functions in data validation. &...

Data Tables
Question for you, please: In the past, if I wanted to use an EXCEL data table, I was sure that the "row input" and "column input" cells needed to have values in them. It needed to be, for example, 3, not even =3, since the latter is a formula. That made sense to me because you are asking EXCEL to give you some other cell's result with different values for this "input" cell. Recently, I replaced such an input with a formula and, to my surprise, the data table results did not change and it seems to work anyway, which kind of blows me away. You would think t...

Marking a particular message "high importance"
I'm using Win XP Pro SP2 Outlook 2003 MOS 2003. I want to be able to mark a particular message hi priority for the recipient. Is the only way to do this to go on the OL toolbar to Tools>Options>Email Options>Advanced to the pulldowns on Importance and Sensitivity. The problem with this is that this seems to confer this setting on all mail. What would be more preferable would be to have a button I could put on the toolbar that would mark a *particular mail message high priority for that instance with one mouse click, rather than have to go to the Advanced tab and set ...

Timesheet NONbillable data
whenever i enter timesheet under administrative tasks Actualnonworkbillable is not reflecting in database?? Can i have link between Project Resource and Timesheet Resource is this possible in project server database??? ...

Accountextensionbase missing data ? Help
Hi I have a customer who has moved CRM 3.0 to new server by them self and I have converted it to CRM 4.0 Now they have made some custom fields and we are able to save data in these fields on new accounts but not on the old ones. We can save data in the old fields. I then took a look at the database and there is only fields in the accountextensionsbase since after they moved the database. How can I fix this ? They can merge each to a new customer but that would take a long time. Can I do a insert into with data from the Account table or is there another solution ? ...

converting cell data / opposite?
Hello Excel gurus... I have a cell/column containing a persons name: John Doe I'd like to convert cell/column to read: Doe, John What formula is used in order to make this happen? I've tried left/right/len commands out the wazzoo (technical word) - I give... uncle.... Any help? Jorge Hi Jorge in another cell use =RIGHT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)-1) &", " & LEFT(C14,FIND(" ",C14)) where C14 has the original data in it Cheers JulieD "Jorge" <czar1259@netscape.net> wrote in message news:10k0ptons6i6e4c@corp.supernews.com... > Hell...

Last known good configuration
Is restoring the last known good configuration the same as restoring a previous registry? b11_ wrote: > Is restoring the last known good configuration the same as > restoring a previous registry? Repeat query - see your previous query for responses. -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

High availability.
Hi. We are using an Ex2003 Enterprise edition running without any clustering. We would like to increase our potential up-time. Thus we would like to reduce the downtime in the event of a database failure or configuration error. That is why we are not using the clustering facility (all though I now know that there is a possibility to use "Majority node set server clusters" which would minimize the problems if the server experiences a database-error). Do you guys have any recommendations on where to seek inspiration concerning increased uptime. I am still wondering if anyone h...

configuring outlook on laptop?
Have used Outlook Express with the same email address for several years on my desktop, recently bought a laptop and want to know how i can set up Outlook with the same address on that too, or how I can get into my original outlook form the laptop?Help! Might try looking at the backup/restore section of http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ "Colin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1266d01c442a5$20f2b2f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Have used Outlook Express with the same email address for > several years on my desktop, recently bought a laptop and > ...

how to configure machines
I have RMS installed and running on one of my back office machine. i have installed RMS and SQL etc on my two pos machines but cannot connect my pos machines to run the database on my back office machine (i have successfully networked the machines). please advise on how i can configure my two pos machines to run the database off the back office machine thanks Do you have any Firewall software running? i.e. Norton, McAfee, WindowsFirewall... If you do you will want to configure both your registers and your back office machine to allow SQL to have access. Rob "nick" <nick@...

large number of data entries
I need to post-process some outdata that has more than 65000 row entries. On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:12:57 -0800, Rients <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: Do you have a question? Perhaps you are concerned about overflowing the Integer data type? Then use Long, which can grow to 2^32. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I need to post-process some outdata that has more than 65000 row entries. > >--- >frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access OK. You need to explain the problem a lot more. Are you talking about Access or Excel? The reason that I ask is that m...

Retrieve and Write data to Great Plains from third party web application
Hello, We are using MS CRM 3.0 and MS Great Plains, plus a third part .Net web application that I am customizing. My third party web app needs retrieve and write data to Great Plains. I read up a little on this and found a couple ways to go about this. I saw stuff on the Integration Manager and eConnect. Which would you suggest to use? Right now, I've been playing around with eConnect. But, I'm having troubles on actually getting specific data back from Great Plains. And, I haven't tried to write anything yet. Do you know of any good manuals or tutorials I could look throug...

M04 data file: can I export to Quicken and import it back ?
I may have a corrupt money data file and it seems my backup file has also got corrupted. I can open a new data file and one that was backed- up over 2 years ago but not the one from last weekend. Have tried the recovery steps outlined in microsoft suppport base, tried the salvage tool (quick repair seems to work but not Level 2 standard repair), upgrading to M07, a demo version of the "recovery for money" and also exporting to excel using the UltrasoftLink add-in but with no luck.. It seems the two options left to me are - 1. Can I import into quicken , hope for a miracle and if t...

RPC over HTTP(s) configuration question
I'm running out of ideas for this one. I have an Exchange 2003 FE/BE configuration and I cannot get an RPC over HTTP connection to work. The root certificate is installed and working on the client and when I browse to https://mail.fe-exchange.com/rpc I do get the 403.2 error (read access denied) so I am assuming I have set everything up properly. I have the RPC proxy service installed and running on the GC server (Win2k3) and on the FE Exchange box. I have a SonicWall PRO port forwarding 443 to the FE Exchange box as well (both the FE and BE reside on the internal LAN). I am wo...

Money Plus Deluxe 2008 Can't Change Account Type
I set up a 401k account as an asset account, instead of a retirement account in an earlier version of Money. I did it that way because that version made it hard to manage if listed properly. I can't figure out how to change it to a retirement account in Money Plus Deluxe 2008. It isn't an option under Change Account Settings. However, if I look at my checking account under Change Account Settings, there is an option to change it to a retirement account. Why can't I change an asset account to a retirement account? -- Jeannine ...